Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Joel Sahlin

Jul 19, 2019
RelativityMan said:
Gabrielsbelli said:
Hey guys

So, I think this is gonna be pretty hard for me to explain and a little vague, because the game was crazy and strange, and I was young, but here we go

All I remeber was playing this game back in 2007 or 6, or even earlier, it was a bombing game for pc (believe I found it on a cd-rom, and it was very different from any game I've seen), it had this dark blue background, and the brickwalls were blue too (but you could change the color), the view was from above, and you controlled a smiling ball (that could be blue, yellow, pink or green I think), you could pick up power ups that helped or not (some would make your explosion go further, other would spawn a enemy black ball that would try to kill you) there were enemies like slimy purple things, also I remeber there was a timer for the levels, and the levels were finite, I don't remember the goal, if was to pick up something or enter a portal in the middle of the level, or was to destroy all enemies (believe it was the first option), you could play with a friend that would choose anorther ball with different collor, if you were successfull, a message appeared giving your congratulations or something like that, and the screen would be filled with the smilling balls, one by one, if you didn't close the message, there was music too, like from a violin. I think when you opened the game the name would appear with an effect of going out of the screen making a dramatic sound, and the backscreen was like matrix, with purple lines. If it helps, I remeber that in the same cd-rom there was the demo for zulu assault too, along with a version of arkanoid that I've never seen, and a bunch of other games.

I know this was the worst description for a game, but seriously, that's all I remember, and in the way I remember, so this is it.
That was probably the 1995 game Dstroy, which later got a remake with the same name in 2006.
I know what game you are talking about. I don't remember the name however, but even if I did I wouldn't get my hopes up for finding it. I had it on a disk i got from a (late 90:ies?) computer magazine. Sadly, many of those games have been lost forever because they where never famous enough for someone to save/preserve/make copies of etc.

There was another game I used to play from such a disk (possibly the same disk) called Telamina. A fun little multiplayer tank game. Even though I clearly remember the gameplay and even the name of this game, it seems impossible to find online.

Your best bet to find your game is probably by talking to a collector of old computer magazine disks.

Luca Kiss

Jul 23, 2019
HEllo guys I'm looking for 2 games I hope you can help.

1.: It's a game maybe from the 80-90's I used to play it on my dad's PC. The whole game is very colourful, simple, 2D style. You play as a little boy in the nature, where you can climb on ladders into the sky and to the ground, find chests, keys to open doors and collect things. If I remember correctly you have to avoid bugs and insects. If you do a squat you can make a bomb, but im not too sure about it.

2.: It's a game from the 2000's. You play as a little girl, who has her birthday. In the night you go around her house, you can decorate her cake and climb into her tree house in the garden. She carries a teddy with her if i remember correctly. It's 3D.
I know it's not a lot, but I hope somebody knows what they are.

McKayla Boguski

Jul 28, 2019
Heyo, I'm looking for a 2D pixel platformer that was on RealArcade in the mid-to-late 2000's.

Thing's I'm 100% about
-You can play as a blue wizard that can do magic
-There are monsters to kill and can harm you
-There's a lot of collectibles that give you money
-There's a shop you can buy stuff from in each level
-The 1st level took place at night in a sort of grassy/meadow area with flowers
-The map was quite large where if you can get near the left, right, top or bottom of the and it wasn't blocked off you can get to a next section (it wasn't a continues side-scroller; it loaded the screen and then you'd need to get to an edge to get to a different screen)
-The higher you got in the 1st level, the more stars would appear in the background (there was a lot of vertical height to the map)
-Final boss in the first level was a swarm of bees (I remember there being a beehive in the background)
-2nd level was a very green and lush forest with weird tree/goblin monsters
-I remember it being very pretty

Thing's I'm 80% sure about
-You could also play as some sort of dwarf mechanic (but that was only available in the bought version)
-From the shop as the mechanic dwarf you can buy a flying machine
-There might be locked doors you need keys to (30% sure about that one)
-Single player

Jared Pinto

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there are 2 games I cant find and I wonder if anybody by any chance can find out what they are.
The first one is a a game i cant find anywhere, it consist of a swimmer that u control in 2d, u can go up middle or down dodging threats like sharks or jellyfishes for like 2 minutes as the progress bar completes before reaching the cereals at the end of the game and thats it, 1 level that i remember of. Im afraid it might be portuguese by any slight chance making it even more insane to find but thats just maybe.

The second one is a game that i barely remember anything about, its a game with a 3d wheel of squares which are different games, but i only remember one, you played as a person in a balcony that threw eggs at people and vehicles but had to be careful with the police and hide to not get caught and the old lady who called the police.

twofacetoo

Nov 6, 2015
bubbels said:
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can help me to find a game that I played as a child.
I remember that it was a old game probably windows 95/97. Maybe 15 years ago or more.
I thougt it was called something like Abibo.But I'm not sure about that.
It was a game with a free world with a boy (with red cap on his head) you had a home and a kitchen where you could cook and a garden to plant your vegetables and fruits. There was a monster in it that came stealing your food. You had a watergun.

I really enjoyed it as a child and would like to pass it on.
I don't know if it still existed we got if with the purchase of our computer back then.

Hope someone knows it.
'Adiboo: Magical Playland'

twofacetoo

Nov 6, 2015
I've posted here a few times before, here's another one for all y'all:
When I was really young, about 5 (I'm 24 now) my aunt had a game on her PC I used to play when I visited. I'll list all that I remember, but I want to warn you before going ahead that it's super simplistic and not at all interesting, I just don't remember it's name.

* It was about two monsters, a blue lumpy one and a red fuzzy one
* The blue monster didn't want to go to bed, because he was afraid of vampire bats and had nightmares about them
* The red monster didn't want to eat his vegetables
* The blue one had a minigame where you had to click on all of the vampire bats around his bed, and when they were all gone, he could go to sleep
* There was also a part where the blue one had a dream about going to a burger place on the moon (I think)
* I don't remember much about the red one, except that he loved trains, and his story ended when a train driver told him how important eating vegetables is
* I can also confirm that this wasn't Sesame Street, or VeggieTales. So far as I know, it wasn't ANY big-name franchise

Like I said, this is super basic stuff for a kid's game, I've tried finding it online but I can't find anything on it. The most annoying part is that I just don't know what it is. It's probably terrible, probably even some ripoff of some existing franchise. I just want to find out what it was called.

Cesar Vicente

Apr 7, 2018
I played this nice 2d platformer a few years back and always lose track of it.

you can play with 2 caveman a blond one and a dark haired one, the objective of the game is to save the wife of the blond one.

you can pick fruits and gems, which there is a minimum you need to progress to other levels. There's a nice map screen from which you select the levels. Most of the time you use stones you can throw to kill dinos but can also use a club to kill smaller enemies. Hardest bosses are a triceratops and end game boss which is a trex.

Any idea of the name of the game? I think it's Cave something, second word might rhyme or have something to do with plague, not sure though.

Maksim Kenzin

Aug 6, 2019
Hi, guys, I'm looking for a 3D Fantasy Tactics PC game from late1990-mid2000.

It is a fantasy campaign-based game, where each mission is a tactic battle (as I remember real-time, but I'm not sure here) where you choose a number of units from a pool to fight with known enemy setup within a small arena. It remindes me from afar Myth II of Warhammer: DO but in a very tiny scale like 5 vs 5 units.
Visually, the game had a cartoony bright W3-like style.
Unfrotunately, thats all I remember.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Cesar Vicente said:
I played this nice 2d platformer a few years back and always lose track of it.

you can play with 2 caveman a blond one and a dark haired one, the objective of the game is to save the wife of the blond one.

you can pick fruits and gems, which there is a minimum you need to progress to other levels. There's a nice map screen from which you select the levels. Most of the time you use stones you can throw to kill dinos but can also use a club to kill smaller enemies. Hardest bosses are a triceratops and end game boss which is a trex.

Any idea of the name of the game? I think it's Cave something, second word might rhyme or have something to do with plague, not sure though.
Could that have been CaveDays?

yuvi18

Apr 7, 2018
Hello! I'm looking for a game which was like Q*bert, the character was pink, and it was on windows games. I don't really remember much other than that.

Ace Striker

Jun 2, 2017
I'm trying to remember this one game that was most likely for the xbox360. It's a game that's like Grand Theft Auto, but like... British? I think? I wanna say I remember getting in vehicles on the opposite side to drive them. I think it had a garage where you could save all of your acquired vehicles like you can in Saints Row. And please excuse my language for this part, but I also remember your character saying "shite" (yes, that is spelled correctly) whenever he's in combat or being chased. That's about all I can remember. I didn't exactly get to play it for very long, so I can't really think of how the story of the game went down. If anyone can help, that would be wonderful

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Ace Striker said:
I'm trying to remember this one game that was most likely for the xbox360. It's a game that's like Grand Theft Auto, but like... British? I think? I wanna say I remember getting in vehicles on the opposite side to drive them. I think it had a garage where you could save all of your acquired vehicles like you can in Saints Row. And please excuse my language for this part, but I also remember your character saying "shite" (yes, that is spelled correctly) whenever he's in combat or being chased. That's about all I can remember. I didn't exactly get to play it for very long, so I can't really think of how the story of the game went down. If anyone can help, that would be wonderful
Possibly one of the games in the Getaway series, though those games were for PS2. The car collection and often-cursing protagonist (specifically saying 'shite' a lot) reminds me of The Saboteur, but the main character Sean always sits in the left side of the cars.

Ace Striker

Jun 2, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Ace Striker said:
Possibly one of the games in the Getaway series, though those games were for PS2. The car collection and often-cursing protagonist (specifically saying 'shite' a lot) reminds me of The Saboteur, but the main character Sean always sits in the left side of the cars.
Saboteur! Yes! Thank you so much TwT

Alfredo Miammalo

Aug 16, 2019
Alright, so, the game in question is a platformer, you're a knight(?) that jumps and kills monsters, the view is from the side (like Super Mario), there are various stages of which the last one (if I remember correctly) is a dark castle, in which a dragon resides that represents the last boss; game was terribly difficult for my 10 year old self, and just arriving at the dragon was an ordeal, managed to beat it like 1 time period.
I cannot date it because most of those games were just in a folder my dad put on the pc for us to play and it was full of different games, but I could say it's something from the 90s, because it looks kinda arcade-y; while searching for this darned game, the name "Dragon Dogma" felt really familiar, so it's probably something along those lines I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/comments/crnwpz/cool_castlevaniaesque_thing/ for a more detailed explanation

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Alfredo Miammalo said:
Alright, so, the game in question is a platformer, you're a knight(?) that jumps and kills monsters, the view is from the side (like Super Mario), there are various stages of which the last one (if I remember correctly) is a dark castle, in which a dragon resides that represents the last boss; game was terribly difficult for my 10 year old self, and just arriving at the dragon was an ordeal, managed to beat it like 1 time period.
I cannot date it because most of those games were just in a folder my dad put on the pc for us to play and it was full of different games, but I could say it's something from the 90s, because it looks kinda arcade-y; while searching for this darned game, the name "Dragon Dogma" felt really familiar, so it's probably something along those lines I think.
Was it any of these?
The Adventures of Lomax
Last Knight in Camelot
Lychnis
Jasper's Journeys

Pankeko

Nov 20, 2017
Okay so I used to play this game on my windows XP back in 2006 but the game was probably older.

It was a 2d horror kind of game, had midget clowns and a mansion that would occasionally get flashed with thunder and show (what I think it was) Jesus on the basement (lower floor). My memory is foggy but I also remember a women in red dress being kidnapped.

It had a minigame where you'd drive a car and avoid potholes and other stuff on the ground while grabbing some other stuff, if you failed it would show your car being lifted and repaired by a clown. it was all 2d and was pretty weird, been searching all around the web, nothing, not even a screenshot.

alqua

May 16, 2016
Country
Србија
Ok, so, there was this game, a platformer if i remember correctly:
you look from the sideview, like Mario and Sonic,
you play as a knight (i think? it looked like a little boy in a knight costume),
and i just remember some random parts from it like an underwater level where you go through tunnels and on top you have mermaids that you can save (i know it?s weird) and the boss of that level is a skeleton that wears boxers and when you beat him the boxers fly around and can land on your head, and after that i think the water like throws you out of there like a waterfall, and that?s all i remember.
That game is really engraved in my mind from my childhood (2005 i think) and i don?t know why but I really want to find it. Thanks!