Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Delinard

Apr 3, 2017
I have been searching this PC game all over the internet and i still can't find it, and it's not even that old!
It's a 3D third person shooter that has definitely post GTA 3 graphics (maybe a bit worse/better). You start off with a cinematic driving a truck with your friend or someone you know, you go into a house and a bunch of soldiers show up to arrest you for some reason, they arrest your friend but you hid in the bathroom and you begin the game there.
You stab some soldiers, get their guns, escape the city with a friendly guy you met and escape into the canals, there you form some kind of resistance against the soldiers and you get an option to chose 2 sections, 1st section is blocked off by enemy snipers so you have to go to 2nd section to flank and kill them, after that you can proceed to 1st section and destroy all enemies in some kind of base they have. After this mission you get some allies and you fight trough series of missions, there is even a section where you have to shoot a helicopter with a minigun.

Sep 28, 2019
Hi! I've been looking this game for years without luck

I played a little so this is what I remember:

Its an adventure/rpg game for PC of the 90s, mostly similar to Lufia in graphics. Im not quite sure if it was for Windows or DOS. You start the game in a monastery (I believe you are a monk apprentice) trapped after an earthquake. The mission is to investigate what happened in the surroundings (you can even talk to other monks). You can collect objects and try to solve puzzles. That's all. I know for sure its not the game called Murder in the Abbey cause its from 2008 or its predecessor.

I would appreciate it if you can help me please

Kovacs Robert

Aug 20, 2013
hello i've been looking for a game for more than 5 years and i can vaguely descrbe it as a side scroller shooting orbs/balls at enemies with each power up letting you shoot bigger balls and multiple another thing i can remember is that 2 of the bosses one which was a clown and the other was a pirate, this was a sega game but i also might be mistaken also the weaker the enemies got the color scheme for them would change and so on idk how much this gives out for details its quite vague altough would apreciate if someone actually finds out the name of this forgotten game

Paopin

Jul 14, 2017
Arcade, you play as a ninja in blue outfit and fight against reds and whites (not entirely sure about the colors). Some levels you had to swim "dive" through. i believe it was a platform shooter otherwise, protagonist throwing shuriken (ninja stars) I remember the ninjas as small bodies with slightly bigger heads.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Paopin said:
Arcade, you play as a ninja in blue outfit and fight against reds and whites (not entirely sure about the colors). Some levels you had to swim "dive" through. i believe it was a platform shooter otherwise, protagonist throwing shuriken (ninja stars) I remember the ninjas as small bodies with slightly bigger heads.
That was probably Rad Action.

Heryn

Aug 2, 2017
Heryn said:
Hey guys,

I was feeling a bit nostalgic so I thought about playing some old pc games. Immediately I started thinking about those I had not finished but were somewhat interesting, which reminded me of one I can't, for the life of me, name!

The description:
RPG, 3rd person (possibly 1st too) with an abominably huge skill tree, ranging from the usual fighter, mage and rogue stuff and adding a lot more: ninja training, unarmed, throwing weapons... Character creation was the usual gender, race (I guess) and apperance customization.
The thing that made it stand out were the random encounters: They were indeed random and happened almost like clockwork, you could change the difficulty of the game at any time (weird) and even configure the frequency of the random encounters!

Anyway, thanks in advance.

So for anyone wondering, I *just* found it while bored out of my mind. It is called "Dungeon Lords".

Kovacs Robert

Aug 20, 2013
Kovacs Robert said:
hello i've been looking for a game for more than 5 years and i can vaguely descrbe it as a side scroller shooting orbs/balls at enemies with each power up letting you shoot bigger balls and multiple another thing i can remember is that 2 of the bosses one which was a clown and the other was a pirate, this was a sega game but i also might be mistaken also the weaker the enemies got the color scheme for them would change and so on idk how much this gives out for details its quite vague altough would apreciate if someone actually finds out the name of this forgotten game

anyone has an idea about it or a rough estimation of what it could be?

flap30

Mar 10, 2018
Vorlayn said:
Here?s one I?ve been struggling with: late nineties game, probably on a shareware disk. There were rats running around, male and female. If they met they produced babies, puting more rats on the field. I remember really weird rat mating sounds. It was the player?s job to get rid of the rats. That was iirc the whole game. Really simple but i can?t for the life of me recall its name....
Help!!

flap30

Mar 10, 2018
Vorlayn said:
Here?s one I?ve been struggling with: late nineties game, probably on a shareware disk. There were rats running around, male and female. If they met they produced babies, puting more rats on the field. I remember really weird rat mating sounds. It was the player?s job to get rid of the rats. That was iirc the whole game. Really simple but i can?t for the life of me recall its name....
Help!!
flap30 said:
flap30 said:
flap30 said:
flap30 said:
trying to remember a pc game from 90s maybe early 00s. You were on the set of a crime mystery and you had to create a movie by picking clues that made the most sense. I remember one clue with a handkerchief that had the initials ff embroidered. I almost remember a man at a newsstand that gave you hints. any thoughts???
anyone??
Ok more clues that I remembered
-there was a redheaded woman who was one of the main characters and she says "i haven't touched a thing" as her clue
-you can get a clue from the guy at the newsstand
-a handkerchief with embroidered initials was a clue
-something about a fat man sleeping in a chair was important
-i believe you were trying to make a movie, but to do so you had to pick clues that made sense in the story and you couldn't progress or make your movie if you picked the wrong clues
help!!!!
Help!!

Cosme Felinito

May 22, 2019
flap30 said:
Vorlayn said:
Help!!
i dunno if this was answered but here is that game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnO406cOVmM

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Kovacs Robert said:
Kovacs Robert said:

anyone has an idea about it or a rough estimation of what it could be?
Could that have been Parodius or one of it's sequels?

reader5

Feb 8, 2017
all i remember from it, you play as a blonde short haired girl that keeps dancing, she wears a weird looking future suit that generates power via movement, and you run through ... hallways and fight machines and whatnot, it's very popular about the dancing move in it.
and i can't recall anything else about it... a future set up, you wear a suit with some kind of mechanism on the back, you keep moving to generate energy then you shoot the energy as a weapon at robots, you progress though hallways and chambers. that's all i recall.

GoofGaffLaff

May 3, 2018
Still trying to find this one game from the early 2000's, I played it from that old "RealArcade" game launcher app, I think.

It was one of those old farming sims, you played as some girl who helped her parents run a farm, there were story elements to it. The gameplay was pretty simple. If I remember correctly you'd just plant stuff, water it, wait for it to grow, and fight off monsters trying to eat/steal your crops using your shovel. The story of the game kept progressing and at one point I clearly remember a part where some pirates kidnap your parents and hold them ransom, so you have to go back to farming to save up the money to free them. I think that might have been the last chapter of the story, because I remember it taking a long-ass time to save up enough money.

There may or may not have been a time limit on that. Or at the very least there was a day counter, although I don't think it really served a purpose. Little-kid me might have just thought the only reason for a day counter was because there was a time limit.

Anyways it wasn't one of those isometric grid-based farming games either if I recall correctly, more like you had a given number of "plots" to plant stuff in, just scattered around. Oh yeah, and the enemies got really weird near the end. The level I was grinding to save up enough money to free my parents had ghosts in it. You would whack ghosts with a shovel. Weird stuff.

This game was around the era of those early yet really-good-quality flash games. If anyone has played Insanaquarium, like, when it first came out, that's the era I'm talking. Also I think this farming game might have been part of a series.

GoofGaffLaff

May 3, 2018
Also one more request:

There was this old game for the PC (Windows probably) where you would go around levels, just destroying everything, as some giant monster from a classic horror movie trope. No, it's NOT War of the Monsters! Although it was VERY SIMILAR to that, if anyone has played that. Except I think it came out even before War of the Monsters, and was PC-only at the time.

I can't remember all the monsters, but one that stuck with me the most was a GIANT BRAIN with eyes. It was just a floating brain, spinal cord, and eyes. Very fleshy details, probably why it stuck with me because it scared me so much as a kid. Every monster had different attacks, the flying brain had lasers, I definitely remember that.

Pretty sure every level you'd just get a random monster too. Or maybe it wasn't random, but either way, you'd play as a different monster every level. The levels got harder as you went on. First it was just "Have fun and destroy the city and eat people!", but eventually the military started showing up, and you could actually die. I remember one level where you could destroy a nuclear power plant and there were a bunch of little yellow-suited hazmat guys running around.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
GoofGaffLaff said:
Also one more request:

There was this old game for the PC (Windows probably) where you would go around levels, just destroying everything, as some giant monster from a classic horror movie trope. No, it's NOT War of the Monsters! Although it was VERY SIMILAR to that, if anyone has played that. Except I think it came out even before War of the Monsters, and was PC-only at the time.

I can't remember all the monsters, but one that stuck with me the most was a GIANT BRAIN with eyes. It was just a floating brain, spinal cord, and eyes. Very fleshy details, probably why it stuck with me because it scared me so much as a kid. Every monster had different attacks, the flying brain had lasers, I definitely remember that.

Pretty sure every level you'd just get a random monster too. Or maybe it wasn't random, but either way, you'd play as a different monster every level. The levels got harder as you went on. First it was just "Have fun and destroy the city and eat people!", but eventually the military started showing up, and you could actually die. I remember one level where you could destroy a nuclear power plant and there were a bunch of little yellow-suited hazmat guys running around.
Could that have been I was an Atomic Mutant!?

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
reader5 said:
all i remember from it, you play as a blonde short haired girl that keeps dancing, she wears a weird looking future suit that generates power via movement, and you run through ... hallways and fight machines and whatnot, it's very popular about the dancing move in it.
and i can't recall anything else about it... a future set up, you wear a suit with some kind of mechanism on the back, you keep moving to generate energy then you shoot the energy as a weapon at robots, you progress though hallways and chambers. that's all i recall.
Not sure, but could that be HarmoKnight?

Except for the blond hair, that sounds like one of the games in the Space Channel series.

reader5

Feb 8, 2017
RelativityMan said:
reader5 said:

Except for the blond hair, that sounds like one of the games in the Space Channel series.
sorry but neither.
i already know about the space channel games but it doesn't belong to them.
the game i'm looking for is a 3rd person action game a blonde girl with shades on her eyes and in a suit that charges using movement kinetic energy, the set up is most likely future post apocalyptic, you fight robots in facilities, using your dancing moves to generate shocking beams and bullets.
unlike space channel series the game is not "simon says" the game i'm looking for is full active action with your character fighting freely. solving some puzzles and channeling dance moves to create shocking attacks. that's all i can recall. i believe it's on ps2

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
reader5 said:
RelativityMan said:
reader5 said:

sorry but neither.
the game i'm looking for is a 3rd person action game a blonde girl with shades on her eyes and in a suit that charges using movement kinetic energy, the set up is most likely future post apocalyptic, you fight robots in facilities, using your dancing moves to generate shocking beams and bullets.
unlike space channel series the game is not "simon says" the game i'm looking for is full active action with your character fighting freely. solving some puzzles and channeling dance moves to create shocking attacks. that's all i can recall. i believe it's on ps2
Could it have been P.N.03?

reader5

Feb 8, 2017
RelativityMan said:
reader5 said:
RelativityMan said:
reader5 said:

sorry but neither.
Could it have been P.N.03?
BINGO!!!! thanks very much! YES IT IS p.n.03! thanks!

GoofGaffLaff

May 3, 2018
RelativityMan said:
GoofGaffLaff said:
Also one more request:

Could that have been I was an Atomic Mutant!?
That's it! Thank you so much!