Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

rickganfei

Oct 17, 2012
Hi. Back in the beginning of the 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku when he was a kid. He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He used to play against monsters. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. Any clue? Been looking for it fo a couple of years and can't find anything about it. Thanks

Josette

Oct 18, 2012
Guys I am drowning here... i really need to find that 3d ball game, I have searched everywhere, please help me- it's a game where you have to navigate a ball through platforms and the platforms were in outer space- there were different types of levels- like wooden, metal and colorful, and different types of floors- the ice was the harder to navigate the ball onto, you had to jump with the ball a lot and there were also arrows which made the ball faster.

warnerthorpe

Oct 20, 2012
Hi all,

Apologies if these two games has already been requested, been searching the web for these games but cant get anything specific.

1) A PC game, mid to late 90, possibly early 00s. Similar to pokemon as it was an open town 2d tilt view. Included an element of fantasy or magc or dragons of some sort. Part of the game was walking into a certain area of the map, however it was blocked two poles with lighting between them. The map was blocked by mountains to the north. The name Johnny Eastwood rings a bell but that my be a red herring.

2) This game was about paranormal stuff. The map, from what i can remember, was a house and a boathouse next to a lake in the coutryside. Weird stuff happens and a specific part that i could remember was being able to read paranormal activity from the door-knobs and it turning winter.

Many thanks and much appreciated.

Curratum

Sep 26, 2012
Josette said:
Guys I am drowning here... i really need to find that 3d ball game, I have searched everywhere, please help me- it's a game where you have to navigate a ball through platforms and the platforms were in outer space- there were different types of levels- like wooden, metal and colorful, and different types of floors- the ice was the harder to navigate the ball onto, you had to jump with the ball a lot and there were also arrows which made the ball faster.
The only game I can think of is actually called "DSCHUMP" and it has a ball bouncing along platforms in what looks like outer space, and has arrows but I think those reverse the direction of the ball. Just a guess, but worth a shot.

Ukkie

Oct 20, 2012
Hi!
I'm looking for the name of an old Mac game aroudn 1990-1998
in the game you see a circus with all kinds of mini games that you can play.
The mini games I remember:
- on a trapeze swing around
- lions had to throw balls into a basketball net
- you could cannon clowns
- big parade in which all characters are dressed like you want.
- you had to teach elephant to dance with foodsteps or something like that.

The main character is a little mouse (I Think).

balthaser

Oct 20, 2012
Hey, so I really want to find a game I played when I was younger.

It was for Windows (95 or 98) and it was a worm game but NOT Worms! The only thing I can think was it was Worms for Windows or something like that.

You would have a level and you'd have to get a little green worm to get from the start to the end without getting killed on spikes or falling down gaps by dropping boxes which would make a bridge or allow it to crawl along the ceiling or turn it back the other way.

It also gave you the option of creating your own level creator.

Of course, any googling only ever brings up the big Worms games.

Erik Antonis

Oct 18, 2012
It sounds a lot like Age of Empires :)[/quote]

Could be Settlers (Age of Empires didn't have Wine as far as I know).[/quote]
Sounds a bit like 1602 AD. Check that game out and if it sounds similar but not quite it, check the other games in the series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_1602

Erik Antonis said:
im looking for a game i played like 6 or 7 years ago it whas a strategy game where u had different races like humans,dwarfs,2 kinds of elves , lizardmen , and inferno and maybe more
u could also control 1 commander and u had to build buildings so u can create creatures ure commander could gain xp u ahd 1 main buildig wich could be lvled a few times

im looking for this game like 5 years and it isnt warcraft
Sounds kinda like Disciples: Sacred Lands, or one of its sequels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciples:_Sacred_Lands Or perhaps one of the Heroes of Might and Magic games. Otherwise, I would look into Total Annihilation; that was a strategy game with a commander who gained levels. There were lots of TA copy-cats; one of them might be what you are describing.[/quote]

no its a game like age of empires but u had to build structures and create creatures who could assault enemies base but u had 1 boss like guy

John Finley

Oct 21, 2012
I remember watching someone play an old 3D game. I don't remember much about it, except at some point you are carrying a girl tied to a chair over your head, and there's one point where a laser grid activates, and you have to get past them in a maze by walking on top of the walls on the maze. Any ideas?

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
balthaser said:

It was for Windows (95 or 98) and it was a worm game but NOT Worms! The only thing I can think was it was Worms for Windows or something like that.

You would have a level and you'd have to get a little green worm to get from the start to the end without getting killed on spikes or falling down gaps by dropping boxes which would make a bridge or allow it to crawl along the ceiling or turn it back the other way.

I'm pretty sure the game you are talking about is Liero [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liero].

Dylan Bradbury

Oct 21, 2012
i remember this game where you were in a flying car u could shoot lazers it was on a disk i cant remember what it is it was all 3d too

Xan

Oct 20, 2012
Z of the Na said:
balthaser said:

I'm pretty sure the game you are talking about is Liero [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liero].
Liero certainly has a little green worm, but I don't remember ever having an objective, nor traps. Just two players trying to kill each other. When I googled for info, all I got was Earthworm Jim and Botanicula (which both have worms and traps, but not quite what is being described). And Botanicula is way too new.

Josette said:
I have never played it, but I once saw somebody play a game like this. Cubosphere? Kula World? Neverball? All of these seem similar, but none are quite like what I remember... Take a look at those three, maybe what I'm remembering is different from what you are remembering.

Erik Antonis said:
no its a game like age of empires but u had to build structures and create creatures who could assault enemies base but u had 1 boss like guy
"Otherwise, I would look into Total Annihilation; that was a strategy game with a commander who gained levels. There were lots of TA copy-cats; one of them might be what you are describing."

Did you look into this idea? What you are describing sounds a lot like Total Annihilation: Kingdoms. If not that, try Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns. Its not quite like what you describe, but has some similar elements. Or perhaps Armies of Exigo, which is as close to a Warcraft clone as there ever was.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Erik Antonis said:
im looking for a game i played like 6 or 7 years ago it whas a strategy game where u had different races like humans,dwarfs,2 kinds of elves , lizardmen , and inferno and maybe more
u could also control 1 commander and u had to build buildings so u can create creatures ure commander could gain xp u ahd 1 main buildig wich could be lvled a few times

im looking for this game like 5 years and it isnt warcraft
Warlords Battlecry 2 fits that description nicely.

John Finley said:
I remember watching someone play an old 3D game. I don't remember much about it, except at some point you are carrying a girl tied to a chair over your head, and there's one point where a laser grid activates, and you have to get past them in a maze by walking on top of the walls on the maze. Any ideas?
Pure guess: Broken Sword 3? I remember it had plenty of mazes, and that series had no shortage of people tied to chairs...hmm...

Alexandro Gaffar

Oct 21, 2012
Hello everybody. I'm sorry if this was asked before in previous posts (104 pages, oh my god).

I think it was back in the 90s, when I had my Windows 98 computer, I used to have a game that looked like Space Invaders, but it wasn't space invaders. It was some 3D Space Shooter, where you had to kill everything in the screen, colecting power ups, etc. Graphics were just amazing back then, and each level had a boss. Each level was orientated to a planet of our system (Including Saturn, I remember that).

If anyone knows what game is it, please tell me. It was one of my first computer games.

Thanks for your time!

Kronicals

Oct 21, 2012
Hey guys, this one game has been bothering me for months on end, i've had no luck on trying to find out what its name is. But it was for the N64.

you had 3 airplanes/spaceships you could choose from a red,blue or green one, it was like Raiden for the PS1. at the end you fight a Gundam like boss that has 3 forms, full body, a half body then some sort of Space Crystal form.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

Cerebzy

Oct 21, 2012
After the name of an old Turn-based strategy game that had the following components:
Map that had various squares for building stuff,
Defensive Buildings along with other stuff
Boats, Ground Soldiers and Air fighters,
Science that you upgraded to get more advance things,

Whenever all troops and defensive buildings were taken down by an attacker, they gained what was left,

It was a map domination kind of game which I really enjoyed playing and would like to now

Twas pre-2005.

Not 100% sure but I believe there were various groups or races that had different advantages (i.e. military advantages, science advantages etc.)

Any help would be appreciated :D

MarieKisaki

Oct 21, 2012
I found this website while searching for an old game I use to play as a kid. So here goes with my little game problem lol. So I keep hearing music from a game I use to play around 13 years ago and I can not for the life of me remember what the game was or even where I played it at. I swear I played it at my daycare center but that is probably wrong. I remember the game could be in black & white or color and I believe it was on an MS Dos back when that was the computer to use. The music is stuck in my head but I have no way of really writing what I hear. I remember a little guy as the character and you had to collect items and such to solve puzzles. I believe one of the puzzles was to fix a bridge that broke by getting rope. Man it's so hard to remember the details but I would know the game in a heartbeat if I saw or heard it. I wonder what that game was. I remember trees and you had to load the game in sections. So whatever was on the screen didn't scroll or move it was just the character and he had to run off screen to load the next section and such. Any ideas?

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
MarieKisaki said:
I remember the game could be in black & white or color and I believe it was on an MS Dos back when that was the computer to use. [...] I remember a little guy as the character and you had to collect items and such to solve puzzles. I believe one of the puzzles was to fix a bridge that broke by getting rope. [...] I remember trees and you had to load the game in sections. So whatever was on the screen didn't scroll or move it was just the character and he had to run off screen to load the next section and such. Any ideas?
Unfortunately that describes an entire genre of games! Perhaps a few more specifics could help:
- Do you remember the theme of the game (fantasy? pirates? sci-fi?)?
- Do you remember how you viewed or controlled your character (top-down? from the side? text or action buttons?)?
- Do you remember if there was voice-acting, or other characters to talk to?
- Do you remember anything about what the little guy looked like?

Dribo

Oct 15, 2012
"Bump"
Anyone has any ideas on this Alien game?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=101#15736690

So tired of never finding it, should make a topic in a newspaper with a reward :)

Emmet Clark

Oct 21, 2012
I remember going to my moms friends house, and being extremely bored, and playing a game on their desktop PC. This was in the early 2000's. It was a puzzle game, and I dont remember the goal, but you manipulated weird masks, and they all looked odd. The color scheme was all black, except for the masks, which were many colors.