Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Stretch22

Oct 18, 2012
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Stretch22 said:
Hi, im looking for a game i used to play at school. It was around 2005 or 2006 that i played it and it was around 2 or 3 years old at the time. I played it on either a windows 98 or a 2000 and the graphics were similar to crazy taxis. It involved driving around in a car that you had chosen. You couldn't get out of the car at all. You simply drove around shooting people. You could get missiles, rockets, grenades etc for the car. The map was like a large city. There was an airport and a lot of parking lots that you could drive in and then drive of ramps on the top. There was also a lot of brothels with prostitutes around them. I also remember that there were massive roads in some parts of the map where you could drive so high up you went into space or something like that. There were cops I think as well that chased you around if you shot too much stuff. If anyone has any vague idea i'd really appreciate the help, some titles i have already ruled out are twisted metal, split second, gta, vigilante 8 as well as the interstate 82 and 76 games. Thanks for any help:).
kyosai7 said:
Drop the brothels and prostitutes and I would have said Streets of Sim City...
Streets of Sim City had random gay pride parades in it (a programmer put it in as a joke that would replace women in bikinis with men in speedos on a certain date, but a glitch made it happen all the time) so maybe that's what he's remembering as a brothel?
Sorry but after looking on youtube that definitely isn't it, any other ideas ?

Curratum

Sep 26, 2012
Evolutionary High said:
Wow, what a thread.

But my request is probably impossible. I'm not sure. I remember playing the game in the late 90s, I got the game from some CD someone gave me which included tons of random games(many were made in foreign countries). But here are some things I remember about the game.

1. The graphics were 3D, they were in their infant stages I guess. But in the 90s they looked amazing to me. And it was a PC game.

2. You are a guy in red clothes. The time period is the midieval times. You arrive to a town on a horse. You get off the horse, and you cross a bridge to get into the town. And then, when you decide to go back to get your horse, the bridge collapses.

3. The town is kinda big, you can pretty much go into any house. The town is completely deserted from what I remember.

4. And then while I was randomly exploring the town, a huge minatour starts following you and starts hunting you down. It kinda spooked the first time he appeared. Just ransacked me out of nowhere and beat me to death. And I had to start the game over. I think it's completely random if you run into him or not, or depending on which path you take.

5. I enter a house and a shapshifting monster resembling a table came to life and started to fight me. I thought that was kind of cool.

6. There was a church with a priest there praying. And when you approach the preist he runs away from you and starts panicking.

7. I couldn't beat the Minatour no matter what. He would find me from time to time and just pummel me to death. He couldn't die no matter how many times I hit him.

8. The game has no weapons at the beginning, but you pick up things and fight with them. Oh, and the controls sucked ass.

ANY clue on what game this is? Keywords would be: Guy in red, minatour, deserted town, bridge collapsing.
What you're looking for is called "Ecstatica: A State of Mind". There is also a sequel. That game creeped the living daylights out of me as a kid. Now kiss me on the cheek and send some good vibes my way! :D

gamefinder1010

Oct 19, 2012
I am trying to remember the name of an old PC game I played in elementary school (1993 - 1998).

It was a third-person game that explored Ancient Egypt and the pyramid. There were various levels/tasks/puzzles to solve to continue through the pyramid. You could gather inventory items as you went along. One strange thing that I remember is that at the very beginning you had to feed a cheeseburger (inventory item) to a bird to distract it.

I have looked all over the internet, and while I have found numerous Egpyt/Pyramid games, I can't find any videos or screen captures that I recognize.

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
punicorn said:
Hey everyone!
There's 2 games, one of which I've been trying to find for yeaaars.
I played that one in the 90's. I'd type "robo" into dos to get to it and it was a platform game.
It was this little guy who would bob left and right when "standing still" and there would be different levels you'd have to beat. Each level had a different theme, one was like a candyland, there was one that i can only describe as "gambling" land, hahah.. Uh, the most memorable part of this game was that you could press the spacebar to make his stomach stretch, so that you could get candies or coins or something from high up.

The second game was more of a strategy thing, where you'd have access to a certain amount of items to make a ball go from one end to the other, or something.. Like you'd have to build a functioning contraption out of random items like different kinds of balls, a fan, a see-saw, a conveyor belt, a balloon, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Second game sounds like The Incredible Machine series. Of which there is many http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Machine_(series)

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
Mike Andrew said:
i honestly dont remember much about the game im lookin for and its really bugging me.
its a game for the computer that had a super buff duck or animal as the hero and you would go around fightin enemies and solving puzzles.

would love any help i can get.
Dynamite Dux?

Mike Andrew

Oct 19, 2012
Niko Stepz said:
I remember this one game for the PC fondly, you were some kids in Egypt and had to solve puzzles to find special treasures. Or something like that. I just remember being in Egypt, Ancient Egypt I think, and solving puzzles. If anyone remembers the name of the game, or one they think it might be you should totally tell me :p
i think the one you want is cluefinders 4th grade adventures

Evolutionary High

Oct 18, 2012
Curratum said:
Evolutionary High said:
Wow, what a thread.

But my request is probably impossible. I'm not sure. I remember playing the game in the late 90s, I got the game from some CD someone gave me which included tons of random games(many were made in foreign countries). But here are some things I remember about the game.

1. The graphics were 3D, they were in their infant stages I guess. But in the 90s they looked amazing to me. And it was a PC game.

2. You are a guy in red clothes. The time period is the midieval times. You arrive to a town on a horse. You get off the horse, and you cross a bridge to get into the town. And then, when you decide to go back to get your horse, the bridge collapses.

3. The town is kinda big, you can pretty much go into any house. The town is completely deserted from what I remember.

4. And then while I was randomly exploring the town, a huge minatour starts following you and starts hunting you down. It kinda spooked the first time he appeared. Just ransacked me out of nowhere and beat me to death. And I had to start the game over. I think it's completely random if you run into him or not, or depending on which path you take.

5. I enter a house and a shapshifting monster resembling a table came to life and started to fight me. I thought that was kind of cool.

6. There was a church with a priest there praying. And when you approach the preist he runs away from you and starts panicking.

7. I couldn't beat the Minatour no matter what. He would find me from time to time and just pummel me to death. He couldn't die no matter how many times I hit him.

8. The game has no weapons at the beginning, but you pick up things and fight with them. Oh, and the controls sucked ass.

ANY clue on what game this is? Keywords would be: Guy in red, minatour, deserted town, bridge collapsing.
What you're looking for is called "Ecstatica: A State of Mind". There is also a sequel. That game creeped the living daylights out of me as a kid. Now kiss me on the cheek and send some good vibes my way! :D

You are the man! That is exactly the game I'm looking for. Kinda strange I remembered the monster to be a minatour instead of a Werewolf. Anyways, looking forward to playing this one.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
AYOoOoOB12 said:
Hello

I remember playing a soccer game but I can't remember the name

I can tell you some details , it was like small famous players but with renaming and every famous player of his team have special shot ( example : Brazilian famous player Ronaldo have a special shot )

It was on ps1 , its similar to super shot soccer but it's not it

So anyone know the name of the game ?
Rough guess, but maybe Backyard Soccer? It was apparently called "Junior Sports Football" in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backyard_Soccer

Although apparently the Backyard Sports series didn't have licensed teams and players until the PS2 era.

Sharon James

Oct 20, 2012
game with 2 aliens . one was fat and one was thin and they had criss cross 90s style and found wierd things laying around like boomboxes

Donald Embrey

Oct 20, 2012
I've been trying to remember the name of this game for months, but I can only remember parts of it so it's been rather difficult. The only thing I remember clearly is that I was allowed to build parts of my palace after I completed certain things and made my people happy enough.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Donald Embrey said:
I've been trying to remember the name of this game for months, but I can only remember parts of it so it's been rather difficult. The only thing I remember clearly is that I was allowed to build parts of my palace after I completed certain things and made my people happy enough.
That sounds like one of the Civilization games. At certain score mile stones (and the score could be improved by building things and making people happy) there would be a message about how the people want to make an addition to your palace to thank you for the good job you're doing, and then you'd get to select which part would be improved and in what style.

The Alchemical Man

Oct 16, 2012
Reposting:

There was this old, online, 2d game. You were this man who could fly and there were all sorts of strange things to see in the sky, and if you flew high enough the sky turned to sea, there were all kinds of things to see in the sea and if you swam far enough you came to the shore of a very small island and the game ended. As far as I can recall it was black and white.

Any help would be appreciated.

Snydeclyde

Jun 23, 2012
I remember a game for ps2, it was a first person shooter in space where you had to travel to other planets in your ship. Im sure it had the word Griffin in the name along with something akin to 'bounty hunter'

EDIT
Literally just as i hit post i remembered it was 'Mace Griffin bounty hunter'

DeadpoolSkye

Oct 20, 2012
Had a friend mention this game today, so I have no idea if the description is accurate or not. I'm just helping him out.

It's a PS2 game where you play as one of the last few people on earth. The rest of the world is filled with ghosts...and you collect some kind of experience points. That's all he could tell me. He wasn't even sure if it was a horror game.

EDIT: He also had an inkling that it was a Japanese game, but he wasn't sure.

Xan

Oct 20, 2012
DOS game, a version of the Asian game of Go. Or perhaps a variant of Reversi or Othello.

Different 'races' to play as. Only one I can remember is snowmen. Top-down, or perhaps slightly skewed top-down (like the original Diablo perspecive), with different tiles. Turn based. You picked a tile, and got a weak minion there. Everything adjacent to that tile was affected- each of your units adjacent to it got better (bigger, different image, etc). Similar to putting another chip on top of one in checkers. If an enemy unit was in an adjacent tile to the one you put down, it was weakened. If it was a little pansy, it would die (or be converted to your side?), if it wasn't little then it would be taken down a notch.

If you have ideas, please send me a message. This thread gets a zillion replies!

Xan

Oct 20, 2012
Realitycrash said:
Brittania821 said:
Ihate2lose said:
I dont know if someone already mentioned it but 103 pages is a bit much to read through;) Im looking for a game wich i played (if i remember correctly)around end 90's begin 2000. Its a strategy/real-time strategy game in the medieval times. you had one castle and you could build your city around it. You had alot of different resource buildings like a building for wine, crops, weapons and so on. The resources were made at these buildings and laborers would get the resources when they were finished and brought them to the stockpile (your castle). With these resources you had to feed your people and you could create soldiers. Its alot like stronghold but then a much older game. anyone knows the name?

thx in advance
It sounds a lot like Age of Empires :)
Could be Settlers (Age of Empires didn't have Wine as far as I know).
Sounds a bit like 1602 AD. Check that game out and if it sounds similar but not quite it, check the other games in the series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_1602

Erik Antonis said:
im looking for a game i played like 6 or 7 years ago it whas a strategy game where u had different races like humans,dwarfs,2 kinds of elves , lizardmen , and inferno and maybe more
u could also control 1 commander and u had to build buildings so u can create creatures ure commander could gain xp u ahd 1 main buildig wich could be lvled a few times

im looking for this game like 5 years and it isnt warcraft
Sounds kinda like Disciples: Sacred Lands, or one of its sequels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciples:_Sacred_Lands Or perhaps one of the Heroes of Might and Magic games. Otherwise, I would look into Total Annihilation; that was a strategy game with a commander who gained levels. There were lots of TA copy-cats; one of them might be what you are describing.

klfow

Oct 20, 2012
Hi guys, I have been searching for an old arcade game for a long time. It is a scrolling shooter type like megaman. In that game, you control a shooter robot that can run on the ground or climb the ceiling (not vertical walls). When the robot is hoping between the ceiling and the ground it gains some kind of invincible shield that can be used to destroy the enemies. I remember in one of boss fights, the robot is trapped in a small rectangular space and it has to keep using invincible shield to dodge all the attacks and damage the boss. Another boss (or mini boss) scene is the robot fights many snake heads on both side of the walls and it has to keep jumping (between infinity levels of horizontal walls) and use invincible shield to dodge the laser attack from mouth of those snake heads. I played this game in late 1980s and early 1990s but I forgot the name. Thanks in advance!