Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
punicorn said:
Hey everyone!
There's 2 games, one of which I've been trying to find for yeaaars.
I played that one in the 90's. I'd type "robo" into dos to get to it and it was a platform game.
It was this little guy who would bob left and right when "standing still" and there would be different levels you'd have to beat. Each level had a different theme, one was like a candyland, there was one that i can only describe as "gambling" land, hahah.. Uh, the most memorable part of this game was that you could press the spacebar to make his stomach stretch, so that you could get candies or coins or something from high up.

The second game was more of a strategy thing, where you'd have access to a certain amount of items to make a ball go from one end to the other, or something.. Like you'd have to build a functioning contraption out of random items like different kinds of balls, a fan, a see-saw, a conveyor belt, a balloon, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
James Pond.

AYOoOoOB12

Oct 18, 2012
Hello

I remember playing a soccer game but I can't remember the name

I can tell you some details , it was like small famous players but with renaming and every famous player of his team have special shot ( example : Brazilian famous player Ronaldo have a special shot )

It was on ps1 , its similar to super shot soccer but it's not it

So anyone know the name of the game ?

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Stretch22 said:
Hi, im looking for a game i used to play at school. It was around 2005 or 2006 that i played it and it was around 2 or 3 years old at the time. I played it on either a windows 98 or a 2000 and the graphics were similar to crazy taxis. It involved driving around in a car that you had chosen. You couldn't get out of the car at all. You simply drove around shooting people. You could get missiles, rockets, grenades etc for the car. The map was like a large city. There was an airport and a lot of parking lots that you could drive in and then drive of ramps on the top. There was also a lot of brothels with prostitutes around them. I also remember that there were massive roads in some parts of the map where you could drive so high up you went into space or something like that. There were cops I think as well that chased you around if you shot too much stuff. If anyone has any vague idea i'd really appreciate the help, some titles i have already ruled out are twisted metal, split second, gta, vigilante 8 as well as the interstate 82 and 76 games. Thanks for any help:).
Drop the brothels and prostitutes and I would have said Streets of Sim City...

Ihate2lose

Oct 18, 2012
I dont know if someone already mentioned it but 103 pages is a bit much to read through;) Im looking for a game wich i played (if i remember correctly)around end 90's begin 2000. Its a strategy/real-time strategy game in the medieval times. you had one castle and you could build your city around it. You had alot of different resource buildings like a building for wine, crops, weapons and so on. The resources were made at these buildings and laborers would get the resources when they were finished and brought them to the stockpile (your castle). With these resources you had to feed your people and you could create soldiers. Its alot like stronghold but then a much older game. anyone knows the name?

thx in advance

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Akos Gyorgy said:
Batou667 said:
Akos Gyorgy said:
I'm still looking for this game, please, any help is apprechiated! No one recognizes this game?

It is a game from one of those "Yellow Cassettes", possibly Sega Megadrive, but I am not sure about that.
It featured a kid as the playable character, his name was perhaps Vap, or Wappo or something like that. He wears an american football outfit with a helmet.
His original color was blue, and he shot a small ball (possibly a tennis ball) by kicking it towards the enemy. But when he was hit by an enemy, he turned green, and then shot 2 tennis balls. Then after another hit, he turned yellow and shot a soccerball (being able to hit enemies easier), then after the next hit he turned red and shot 2 soccerballs at the enemies. After these 4 hits you died.
When shooting the balls at enemies, it had a "scratchy" sound when, like lighting a match. (here I have to add that it is NOT Marko's Magic Football or Soccer Kid, but sure as hell similar).
It was a 2D platformer game, involved a lot of jumping and if I recall correctly, it had boss-fights after each level.
It consisted of several levels, the one I can remember is a jungle level with water below you, and waterfalls and greenery in the background. Also there was a level which was a rollercoaster.
I can only remember the story roughly: your girlfriend was abducted by a demon (it looked like the Grim Reaper), whom you had to fight at the very end of the game.

Several people were looking foir this game, but none have managed to find out its name. Please, If anyone has even the slightest idea, or just an additional info about the game, feel free to reply.

~DreamerHyper
Hi,

I consider myself a bit of a Mega Drive buff, and I'm afraid this isn't ringing any bells whatsoever. What do you mean by "yellow cassettes"? Any idea what year you played this? Is it possible you mean SNES instead?
Hi!

Some noble soul has informed me, that the game may be a proboloy, a japanese famicom cart. These were very popular in Hungary in the 1990's, and if I recall correctly I've played this game around 1999.
About the console, here is a pic: http://gaygamer.net/images/md2_1.jpg
And about the yellow casettes: http://img10.aprod.hu/images_aprodhu/3933876_1_644x461_retro-sarga-kazettak-nintendohoz-x-kerulet.jpg
For your question, I'm not entirely sure about the console, could have been an SNES, but I'm positive that my console looks like the one on the picture :)
After looking into it a bit, I've found out that there was a Nintendo rip-off console, which had the looks of a sega mega drive console, but in reality it was totally different. So yes, it could be a SNES game.
I can't see the picture of the system (the link just goes to the main page of the site) but the "yellow casettes" picture is definitely a pile of Famicom cartridges. Or at least the cases are identical; they look like bootleg cartridges, so I guess it's possible Hungary had a spare parts franken-console that the rest of the world never knew about.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Stretch22 said:
Hi, im looking for a game i used to play at school. It was around 2005 or 2006 that i played it and it was around 2 or 3 years old at the time. I played it on either a windows 98 or a 2000 and the graphics were similar to crazy taxis. It involved driving around in a car that you had chosen. You couldn't get out of the car at all. You simply drove around shooting people. You could get missiles, rockets, grenades etc for the car. The map was like a large city. There was an airport and a lot of parking lots that you could drive in and then drive of ramps on the top. There was also a lot of brothels with prostitutes around them. I also remember that there were massive roads in some parts of the map where you could drive so high up you went into space or something like that. There were cops I think as well that chased you around if you shot too much stuff. If anyone has any vague idea i'd really appreciate the help, some titles i have already ruled out are twisted metal, split second, gta, vigilante 8 as well as the interstate 82 and 76 games. Thanks for any help:).
kyosai7 said:
Drop the brothels and prostitutes and I would have said Streets of Sim City...
Streets of Sim City had random gay pride parades in it (a programmer put it in as a joke that would replace women in bikinis with men in speedos on a certain date, but a glitch made it happen all the time) so maybe that's what he's remembering as a brothel?

Brittania821

Oct 13, 2012
Ihate2lose said:
I dont know if someone already mentioned it but 103 pages is a bit much to read through;) Im looking for a game wich i played (if i remember correctly)around end 90's begin 2000. Its a strategy/real-time strategy game in the medieval times. you had one castle and you could build your city around it. You had alot of different resource buildings like a building for wine, crops, weapons and so on. The resources were made at these buildings and laborers would get the resources when they were finished and brought them to the stockpile (your castle). With these resources you had to feed your people and you could create soldiers. Its alot like stronghold but then a much older game. anyone knows the name?

thx in advance
It sounds a lot like Age of Empires :)

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Brittania821 said:
Ihate2lose said:

thx in advance
It sounds a lot like Age of Empires :)
Could be Settlers (Age of Empires didn't have Wine as far as I know).

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Wyrdic said:
Game is from an earlier operating system, DOS, Macintosh or OS's immediately after. Sometime in the 90s. Possibly a floppy disk game. I'm fairly sure it has hitmen and guns. Top down view. It had a slot machine where my dad would stick a key in his keyboard and get some sort of currency while he slept. Not sure if there were battle instances or if it was real time. Pretty sure it was a real time top down shooter.
I don't understand the sentence about the slot-machine. You mean he jammed his key down on the keyboard so the same action was repreated?
If so, sounds like either Fallout 1 or 2 (which had a top-down view, a lot of guns, from the 90's, and slot-machines which you can cheat in a similar fashion).
Ignoring the slot-machine reference, I'd suggest the original Syndicate (Top-down view, hitmen and guns, 90's).

Josette

Oct 18, 2012
Help me, I've been trying to find this game for quite some time now, but nothing works...
So it is a 3D game where you have to navigate a ball through the levels- basically they are platforms in outer space. it ad 9 levels as far as i can remember and they were different- like the first three were all colorful, the second three were metal, and then there were wooden ones I think. Obviously the levels got harder and harder... there were these yellow arrow which would speed the ball up, and the floors also changed- from wooden to metal and ice- the ice was obviously the harder the navigate the ball on. And there was a lot of jumping with the space button. I think the ball as made of... stone probably oh! and there was a time limit maybe... well that is all I remember- please help me!

Erik Antonis

Oct 18, 2012
im looking for a game i played like 6 or 7 years ago it whas a strategy game where u had different races like humans,dwarfs,2 kinds of elves , lizardmen , and inferno and maybe more
u could also control 1 commander and u had to build buildings so u can create creatures ure commander could gain xp u ahd 1 main buildig wich could be lvled a few times

im looking for this game like 5 years and it isnt warcraft

Evolutionary High

Oct 18, 2012
Wow, what a thread.

But my request is probably impossible. I'm not sure. I remember playing the game in the late 90s, I got the game from some CD someone gave me which included tons of random games(many were made in foreign countries). But here are some things I remember about the game.

1. The graphics were 3D, they were in their infant stages I guess. But in the 90s they looked amazing to me. And it was a PC game.

2. You are a guy in red clothes. The time period is the midieval times. You arrive to a town on a horse. You get off the horse, and you cross a bridge to get into the town. And then, when you decide to go back to get your horse, the bridge collapses.

3. The town is kinda big, you can pretty much go into any house. The town is completely deserted from what I remember.

4. And then while I was randomly exploring the town, a huge minatour starts following you and starts hunting you down. It kinda spooked the first time he appeared. Just ransacked me out of nowhere and beat me to death. And I had to start the game over. I think it's completely random if you run into him or not, or depending on which path you take.

5. I enter a house and a shapshifting monster resembling a table came to life and started to fight me. I thought that was kind of cool.

6. There was a church with a priest there praying. And when you approach the preist he runs away from you and starts panicking.

7. I couldn't beat the Minatour no matter what. He would find me from time to time and just pummel me to death. He couldn't die no matter how many times I hit him.

8. The game has no weapons at the beginning, but you pick up things and fight with them. Oh, and the controls sucked ass.

ANY clue on what game this is? Keywords would be: Guy in red, minatour, deserted town, bridge collapsing.

Wyrdic

Oct 17, 2012
Realitycrash said:
Wyrdic said:
Game is from an earlier operating system, DOS, Macintosh or OS's immediately after. Sometime in the 90s. Possibly a floppy disk game. I'm fairly sure it has hitmen and guns. Top down view. It had a slot machine where my dad would stick a key in his keyboard and get some sort of currency while he slept. Not sure if there were battle instances or if it was real time. Pretty sure it was a real time top down shooter.
I don't understand the sentence about the slot-machine. You mean he jammed his key down on the keyboard so the same action was repreated?
If so, sounds like either Fallout 1 or 2 (which had a top-down view, a lot of guns, from the 90's, and slot-machines which you can cheat in a similar fashion).
Ignoring the slot-machine reference, I'd suggest the original Syndicate (Top-down view, hitmen and guns, 90's).
Haha, naw. He stuck a KEY(for doors, vehicle ignition, etc.) into the spot between the enter key(I think it was enter) and another one so it would hold the enter button down without him being there.

Thanks a ton for replying! None of those three are it. Fallout looked more isometric/2.5D. Example of what I mean by top down is what Dwarf Fortress looks like. You can, if I remember right, see the characters legs and everything. Think earlier final fantasys. You may have been able to move diagonally in the game I'm looking for.

Think I'll search "Old 90s top down shooters". Might get lucky.

Grayson Stade

Oct 18, 2012
So, um..I have a few weird, old DOS games on my mind. I haven't seen a shred of information anywhere online about them, and I found this site so I figured I'd give it a shot.

1. There is a monkey/gorilla and he plays drums. I really just remember you click on instruments and stuff.
2. There is a weird petshop with a bunch of birdlike animals with different physical traits, and you have to pick one out based on what the customer wants or something like that.
3. There are different shapes and spheres that make noise when you click them or when they hit the walls or something and you just paste them on the screen and choose how they move and stuff.

All of these games were for kids, I remember. Just missing some of these memories. Please someone help me?

Lucas Fullard

Oct 19, 2012
hey im looking for a game that seems to have dissapeared of the face of the earth as far as i can see it's rather old back on either win95 or maybe even 3.1 im not sure.

From what i can remember i asked my father if he remembered it he said he remembered the name of the creatures you fought called shanthers like standing talking beastmen and you fought with magic i think hard to remember and these kind of ant like beetle creatures as well and you used reco diggers or miners i think? not to sure to find gems or orbs to change ur magic with.

I havebeen searching all over for it and it seems lost even to the internet, does this sound familiar to anyone it was kind of a 2d sidescrolling rpg with an overworld but yeh memory is very blurry i played it as a kid about 10-11 maybe i can't even remember haha XD so good luck and thank you so much if you know what it is

rhiannaherself

Oct 19, 2012
I remember playing this Japanese video game online where you were a boy in high school and I'm pretty sure you were the new kid. I think the point of the game was to get the popular girl (or some hot nerd or something) to have sex with you. At the end of the game, it showed the two having sex in a dressing room or somewhere idk. Anyone???

Mike Andrew

Oct 19, 2012
i honestly dont remember much about the game im lookin for and its really bugging me.
its a game for the computer that had a super buff duck or animal as the hero and you would go around fightin enemies.

would love any help i can get.

EDIT
remembered more about it
the graphics were cartoony and at one point in the game you had to get across some water without letting the shraks in it eat you. finally if my memory serves me well there was a forest stage, a haunted area stage, and a machine area stage.
not sure if there were bosses in it but i think there might have been.

thats all i got for now ima keep tryin to remember more though

Akos Gyorgy

Sep 15, 2012
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Akos Gyorgy said:
Batou667 said:
Akos Gyorgy said:
I'm still looking for this game, please, any help is apprechiated! No one recognizes this game?

It is a game from one of those "Yellow Cassettes", possibly Sega Megadrive, but I am not sure about that.
It featured a kid as the playable character, his name was perhaps Vap, or Wappo or something like that. He wears an american football outfit with a helmet.
His original color was blue, and he shot a small ball (possibly a tennis ball) by kicking it towards the enemy. But when he was hit by an enemy, he turned green, and then shot 2 tennis balls. Then after another hit, he turned yellow and shot a soccerball (being able to hit enemies easier), then after the next hit he turned red and shot 2 soccerballs at the enemies. After these 4 hits you died.
When shooting the balls at enemies, it had a "scratchy" sound when, like lighting a match. (here I have to add that it is NOT Marko's Magic Football or Soccer Kid, but sure as hell similar).
It was a 2D platformer game, involved a lot of jumping and if I recall correctly, it had boss-fights after each level.
It consisted of several levels, the one I can remember is a jungle level with water below you, and waterfalls and greenery in the background. Also there was a level which was a rollercoaster.
I can only remember the story roughly: your girlfriend was abducted by a demon (it looked like the Grim Reaper), whom you had to fight at the very end of the game.

Several people were looking foir this game, but none have managed to find out its name. Please, If anyone has even the slightest idea, or just an additional info about the game, feel free to reply.

~DreamerHyper
Hi,

I consider myself a bit of a Mega Drive buff, and I'm afraid this isn't ringing any bells whatsoever. What do you mean by "yellow cassettes"? Any idea what year you played this? Is it possible you mean SNES instead?
Hi!

Some noble soul has informed me, that the game may be a proboloy, a japanese famicom cart. These were very popular in Hungary in the 1990's, and if I recall correctly I've played this game around 1999.
About the console, here is a pic: http://gaygamer.net/images/md2_1.jpg
And about the yellow casettes: http://img10.aprod.hu/images_aprodhu/3933876_1_644x461_retro-sarga-kazettak-nintendohoz-x-kerulet.jpg
For your question, I'm not entirely sure about the console, could have been an SNES, but I'm positive that my console looks like the one on the picture :)
After looking into it a bit, I've found out that there was a Nintendo rip-off console, which had the looks of a sega mega drive console, but in reality it was totally different. So yes, it could be a SNES game.
I can't see the picture of the system (the link just goes to the main page of the site) but the "yellow casettes" picture is definitely a pile of Famicom cartridges. Or at least the cases are identical; they look like bootleg cartridges, so I guess it's possible Hungary had a spare parts franken-console that the rest of the world never knew about.
I'm sorry for the bad link. It was a picture of a Sega Mega Drive II, nothing unusual.
Nevertheless, no matter what kind of freakish console it was, it used those yellow cartridges, so the game was not only available in Hungary. (Since there was an American guy on yahoo answers looking for the same game - unsuccessfully)
Anyway, thank you for the additional information, at least now I can almost be sure it is a japanese game on a famicom cart.

dariee-sami

Oct 12, 2012
hello guys there is a game i used to play ps1 game long time ago its goes like this you can play with 4 characters one of them is a cyborg i think and a male characters with blue clothes an white hair and the other two is girl and a boy i dont remember them but at the first stage you fight a giant spider boss and maybe the second stage you play in yard full of giant worms and in the middle there is a huge tower and thats all what I remember so please anyone can help me? anyone plz?