Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
Gummy24 said:
It was a game where you were (wake up maybe?) in a hospital and you are trying to escape. It starts off on a platform and I think there was an elevator you go on at the start. The game is sort of a top down adventure game and you have to sneak by the doctors or they will alert the guards by pressing the alarm button and the guards will capture you and you lose. You could fight the guards and doctors by attacking them (punch kick etc.) Once you get out of the hospital, you meet with your girlfriend and the rest i cannot remember. It appeared in one of the demo discs as well which is where i played it. There could be a PC version as well. It looked a lot like the graphics in Theme hospital but it was a adventure game.
That should be Little Big Adventure, definitely available on PC, not sure about any other platforms.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
PinkFloyd420z said:
Anyone know this old game I use to play on my old pc growing up all I know is I think it has 4 wizards in it (or less) and you explore in trees in one level and I remember the whole screen would go pinky purple when it was opened it may have been on a floppy disk or something and in one level you need to sneak past a dog to grab something (maybe the bone or some papers or something) while it's sleeping and if you wake it up you lose I know it's a vague description but this is the most I remember and I've done alot of searching through almost all DOS windows and commodore 64 games that include wizards and can not find it. I doubt I'll find it ever again but it's worth a try. Not sure if the purple screen was a glitch or the game was actually like that but I was younger and can not remember. I'm 19 so it was only roughly 10-11 years ago but jeeze it's impossible to find. I'm quite sure the game was 2D but I remember sneaking past the dog was on a 3D floor and you had to sneak up past it. Thanks in advance if anyone can help :)
I can't narrow it down any more than this,but if the graphics were all "pinky purple" throughout the game, it sounds a lot like it was running in CGA mode. If it was, that dates it pretty strongly to a late, late 80's or very early 90's release. It might help you to find it if you were looking at games from around the time you played it, instead of from when it would have been released.

Gummy24

Oct 26, 2012
Coldie said:
Gummy24 said:
It was a game where you were (wake up maybe?) in a hospital and you are trying to escape. It starts off on a platform and I think there was an elevator you go on at the start. The game is sort of a top down adventure game and you have to sneak by the doctors or they will alert the guards by pressing the alarm button and the guards will capture you and you lose. You could fight the guards and doctors by attacking them (punch kick etc.) Once you get out of the hospital, you meet with your girlfriend and the rest i cannot remember. It appeared in one of the demo discs as well which is where i played it. There could be a PC version as well. It looked a lot like the graphics in Theme hospital but it was a adventure game.
That should be Little Big Adventure, definitely available on PC, not sure about any other platforms.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Useless post i know but worse to not say thank you. I have been looking for this forever, really appreciated

Chris Killinger

Oct 26, 2012
Planeforger said:
Chris Killinger said:
I am looking for an old tile based board game. One person plays the bad guy. In the game you start off as a group of heroes trying to kill the horror monster in the house by finding out what monster you are fighting then finding the specific weapon to kill him. There are outside tiles and house tiles. I think if the bad guy "kills" you you become evil and try to help him.
Do you mean a physical board game? Or a videogame adaptation of a board game, like the Hero Quest game?

Hmm...if you mean physical, I guess it could be something like Betrayal at House on the Hill, or maybe...Nightmare House?
Its a physical game, its not Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Though it has the tile aspect though the tiles are split into two piles an outdoor pile and an inside pile and you draw from one or the other depending on what you want. The heroes start at a gate at the lower left edge of the property and the house starts at the upper right edge of the board and you have to attach a house tile to a house tile or a Outdoor tile to an outdoor tile until you have an outdoor tile touching a house tile then you can enter the house. I do not remember how movement worked in the game. I am pretty sure this is a pre 90's game.

robertbinnie10

Oct 26, 2012
Grudge Warriors, one of my favourite PS1 games, i own it at home. and i absolutely love it. the construction workers you talked about were called 'Pikes Squad'. and you destroyed generators everywhere. there was a last level boss, and there were secret droids. not bosses. apart from the last level final boss.

robertbinnie10

Oct 26, 2012
douggie9x said:
ok, unfortunatly cant remeber alot about this game
playstation one game
battle driving
you chose a team at the beginning [think there was one that was american, another of contruction worksers, another pyro, and a few others]
then you battled against one of the other teams in an arena [some were quite large, with under and overground parts]
there were powerups scattered about
i remeber you had to fight the boss of each team after [i think] every level]
and once you completed that arena you got picked up to go to the next one in a cargo helicopter

its not twisted metal, i know that much
many thanks

Grudge Warriors, its one of my favourite games on the PS1. you destroyed generators in an arena. those teams you described were, ''Pikes Squad'' and ''Pyromaniacs''. there was not a boss at the end of level though.

robertbinnie10

Oct 26, 2012
by the way that was not a cargo helicopter, that was a VTOL. it also drops you off at the beginning of the level, there was only one boss in grudge warriors, the crime lord at the end of the game.

GoddessKali

Oct 26, 2012
I have a game I can't remember it was for the original playstation. It was multi-player, you fought orcs and stuff. Characters were both male and female, you colled gold from chests took potions and if you died non one could move on. When you died there was a green potion thing with a skull, your team had to bring you back. It was very old graphics from the 1990's. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but the characters could be wizards or close to it, you could use magic, but there was also vikings with axes and stuff. Can anyone help me??

MasonF

Mar 5, 2012
It was a shareware PC game. It was an isometric RPG where you played as this pig farmer whose house burned down, and there was a cult that worshipped a dead dragon carcass.

-AlKatraz

Oct 26, 2012
OKAY! I REALLY NEED THIS ONE!
It was a Russian game maybe, I dont really remember.
Played in 2006-2008 not sure.

1)I remember you were a robot kid/man and you had a Jet pack.
2)You needed to save a Starving village by Killing sheep.
3)You had a few weapons to buy from some store if i remember correctly.
4)You needed to avoid big Worms that POP out of the ground and snatch you.
5)If you jumped in to the water, piranhas would bite you.
6)It was 3D game, 3rd person view if i remember correctly.
7)The Sheep you would kill dropped their Souls or Meat icant remember.
8)I also flashback as i write, i remember that the faces of the robot and the Village people were Funny and cute, kinda Like a cartoon.
9)The worms Looked like Typical Death worms from movies that would pop out of the ground http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4435/wormz.jpg

10)If i remember correctly, You had to save the mayor or leader of the village (i think he was dark skinned and the villagers were all short) and put him on a Bridge up above the Village.
11)The Game was Surreal, and had a Combination between EARTH and Extraterrestrial style.
12)I remember me and My Brother cheated and wrote some secret cheat codes to get all weapons.
13)I also remembered that there were tower that u needed to destroy/avoid.

That's about it :]
thank you ^.^

carnby

Oct 27, 2012
It?s a pixely Action RPG/platforming flash game. Scoured Kongregate but can?t find it.

*An older game, earlier than 2010, at least.
*Sidescroller but from a far back view like Pixel Knight.
*The battle system is very action-rpg like Secret of Mana, and it has a Final Fantasy-like menu and you level up and use potions and whatnot.
*Medieval fantasy type setting.
*There?s a flying ship later on in the game (that you have to use to get past this cliff that?s too high to jump up to)
*Only an hour or two long. It ends really abruptly, because it seemed like it was building up, then it just ends.

It?s NOT Hero?s Arms, Mardek or Arcuz.

smartess4

Oct 26, 2012
Don't know if this one was brought up or not but I have been trying to find this game since the late 90's. There is a game I played when I was in 5th grade (fall '96- spring '97 not sure if that was when it came out though) which was about farming. The time period setting was the old west (kind of like what you would see on little house on the prairie or around the time period that doc goes back to in back to the future 3). It is not Harvest moon or Simfarm. You start with a little house, little farm, and few possessions. As you progress (by buying seed for crops and them living/making it through weather as well) you are able to upgrade your house, your lockbox where you would keep coins and what not, bigger farm, and better seed for better crops.

awefluckewe

Oct 27, 2012
Ok I have a hard one. This is from the early 90s, it was a miitary RPG set in Poland (I believe post nuclear war.) I only remember you created characters they could speak different languages, like French, Yiddish, German..etc. You found weapons like Ak 47s,sniper rifles, plasma to heal. Alcohol to run vehicles. It may have been a series of games, but I played the one based in Poland, because I remember one of the cities is Warsaw and Krakow. Please help I loved this game and played it at my friends house back in the day.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
GoddessKali said:
I have a game I can't remember it was for the original playstation. It was multi-player, you fought orcs and stuff. Characters were both male and female, you colled gold from chests took potions and if you died non one could move on. When you died there was a green potion thing with a skull, your team had to bring you back. It was very old graphics from the 1990's. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but the characters could be wizards or close to it, you could use magic, but there was also vikings with axes and stuff. Can anyone help me??
That one sounds like Gauntlet Legends.

lady0blackjack

Oct 27, 2012
I remember a really old adventure game. U control this little adventurer and had to either avoid or run from these red cloaked guys around this elemental scene. But i also remember if you weren't careful the scene itself would swallow you before you got to this door you had to unlock

lady0blackjack

Oct 27, 2012
Omnific One said:
Not really an old game, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. It was some sim/RTS where you gathered resources and built a settlement in North America from scratch. I don't think it was Dawn of Discovery because I don't think it had a forced viewpoint.
if it was based on like the 1600's i think ur talking about the settlers

Trouterrious

Oct 27, 2012
Someone else asked about this game as well, but I found no answer to it. You controlled a toy helicopter, the tutorial was a snow level, the first level is a backyard, and the second level is a tub. In the first level, you fly around rescuing and murdering army men toys. There is a sandbox, croquet, a patio, and a small garden with venus fly traps that attack your helicopter. The tub level is a confusing one, that I remember having portals, and required you to drain the tub by shooting holes in the sides. The game had an isometric view.

shadoheart

Oct 27, 2012
i need help i played a game a long long time ago dont know much about it you its an rpg game where you use guns and fight zombies you start off having a nightmare after you wake up you can walk around town its not persona 1 or 2

shadoheart

Oct 27, 2012
Trouterrious said:
Someone else asked about this game as well, but I found no answer to it. You controlled a toy helicopter, the tutorial was a snow level, the first level is a backyard, and the second level is a tub. In the first level, you fly around rescuing and murdering army men toys. There is a sandbox, croquet, a patio, and a small garden with venus fly traps that attack your helicopter. The tub level is a confusing one, that I remember having portals, and required you to drain the tub by shooting holes in the sides. The game had an isometric view.
i think the name of the game is army men