Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

fallondanielle

Oct 24, 2012
I has taken me forever to get this close to finding out the name of this game...Please look at picture 39...if you know this I would love you forever for telling me!

http://acidcow.com/pics/17659-games-102-pics.html

maybe this will help others in your hunt as well, look at the screen shots to jog your memory! Someone on there tried naming them all but sadly my number 39 was left out :(

WARNING! These screenshots will bring back so many memories :) have played and love most of these games!

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
fallondanielle said:
I has taken me forever to get this close to finding out the name of this game...Please look at picture 39...if you know this I would love you forever for telling me!

http://acidcow.com/pics/17659-games-102-pics.html

maybe this will help others in your hunt as well, look at the screen shots to jog your memory! Someone on there tried naming them all but sadly my number 39 was left out :(
That's Torin's Passage [http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/torins_passage].

Never actually played it, but I remember seeing it on GOG. :p

robertbinnie10

Oct 26, 2012
i played a game once on a demo when i was 4 to 5 years old, it was like a mech game, turn based or not, it was like in a seemingly top down third person view, and your mech could transform into a robot, and it happened throughout what appears to be a warehouse.

Den47997

Oct 27, 2012
There are 3 games which I loved but I can't remember their names:

--There was a prince who was hiding from a witch . There was cottage in a forest; prince gets in there and tries to pick up somethings before the witch gets in.
--There was a green frog but there were other colored frogs too and the game was a bit adventurous.
--It was a cd game. There were yellow-orange trucks, a constructions and a hod carrier who gives you advices, wearing blue overalls.

Last two games are the most important for me. I searched all of them but I got nowhere

Den47997

Oct 27, 2012

--There was a prince who was hiding from a witch . There was cottage in a forest; prince gets in there and tries to pick up somethings before the witch gets in.
--There was a green frog but there were other colored frogs too and the game was a bit adventurous.
--It was a cd game. There were yellow-orange trucks, a constructions and a hod carrier who gives you advices, wearing blue overalls.

Last two games are the most important for me. I searched all of them but I got nowhere

Den47997

Oct 27, 2012

Nick Hemley

Oct 27, 2012
Hi all, really hoping you'll be able to help me on this one.
There was a game on PC (for windows 98 i think) where you controlled 2 purple, chubby caveman sorta dudes (i think) and they could pick up stuff like wooden clubs to defeat obstacles and the like, as you try to guide them to the end of the puzzle. It was an overhead view game.

And one thing that I definitely remember from this game is that when you finished each level, one of the characters would do a little victory dance and sing "Boom shakalakalaka boom shakalakalaka boom shakalakalaka BOOM!"

Temp

Oct 27, 2012
Hello Everyone, could anyone help me locate the following,

-2d PC space game, similar graphics to Asteroids.
-Stars are represented by a yellow circle, Planets are represented by Green circles
-Pilot a small fighter
-You can land on a Planet and when you land a small square appears in the middle of the planet, to represent that you have planted a flag. This means a Freighter will head toward the planet and if another AI doesn't plant a flag before it reaches the Green circle, it will build a base.
-The goal of the game was to destroy you enemy AI opponents bases, and when they have none left its over.
-Your ship could receive upgrades randomly, by carefully landing on one of your bases which is telling you an upgrade is available, upgrades came from research labs.
-Gravity played a part in the game, you had to be careful when landing on a planet, go to fast and you could smash against your own base.
-Each AI controlled its own small fighter ship.
-When you planted a green circle with your flag, and a Freighter has managed to build a base, the base would then build itself.
-You could successfully shoot an enemies base and destroy everything, leaving it free to plant your flag and build a new base.
-Bases had starports orbiting round them and at least 1 freighter.

Hope these details help anyone who knows of the same game, what its called etc

Kind regards,
Ben

Hald Anor

Oct 27, 2012
Ok, this is really hard I think...a really old old bar game, where you are a driving a car, seeing it from above, in a desert and you have to shoot other cars ... I don't remember much details, only it was really funny...something like 25 year ago

-AlKatraz

Oct 26, 2012
That's Giants: Citizen Kabuto . Nice game, especially the sense of humor.

[/quote]

OMG!@# I,VE BEEN LOOKING FOR IT FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS~!@# I got another one im gonna post it Soon.

Josh Kleebin

Oct 26, 2012
cloroxbb said:
Josh Kleebin said:
There was this game I forget the name of. It was in space but you were on a lifeless planet. It was a vehicle that kept going to the right and you had to dodge obstacles as you progressed. You would reach checkpoints and have unlimited life. An obstacle I remember was there was this spiky floor coming up and down in groups. In order to get past this, all you had to do was not move your vehicle and you would be able to pass it.
Moon Patrol? You had to jump over pits, and dodge UFOs shooting you and such?
Very close, this game I am trying to remember looks almost the same as Moon Patrol. I would guess the game I am trying to remember is a bit older than Moon Patrol because of slightly higher graphics. The game I am trying to remember did involve jumping over pits, that is another description I can add. Also it had a little bit of a 3D look to it because of the shading.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
cloroxbb said:
rickganfei said:
Hi. In the 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku.He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He kills monsters, and had the usual monster boss at the end of each stage. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. It was a kind of cool game, with cool monsters and action music. He shoots some kind of fireballs, and when he died he turned to you, screams and desapears.
Any clue? Thanks
Obviously either noone knows, or no one cares, but be my guest, keep re posting the same thing every day.
Yeah, I'll second that. For the love of God, if your game doesn't get answered don't wasted everybody's time by copy-pasting it. Either nobody knows what game it was or your description was poor, so reposting the EXACT SAME message achieves nothing.

By all means politely bump along with clarified or additional information, but just reposting like this site is your personal search engine is pretty obnoxious.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
MasonF said:
It was a shareware PC game. It was an isometric RPG where you played as this pig farmer whose house burned down, and there was a cult that worshipped a dead dragon carcass.
This sounds like Dink Smallwood, which is now freeware:

http://www.rtsoft.com/pages/dink.php

Lots of user made stuff available for it to.

Yishmael

Oct 23, 2012
I'm really trying to remember this old car game with a top-down view (kinda like the first GTA, unless you're limited to your car) in which:

1. it was some kind of futuristic, free-roam car game where there were several worlds which you could travel to by means of portals

2. you could either be a merchant to get money, which then you would use to get new chars and guns (yes, there were guns attached to the cars)

3. NPCs lived underground and you had to open doors on the ground with your car and fall into them... In the starting world I remember these NPCs were worm-like creatures and one of them even kept saying ACHTUNG!

4. Your car could jump over obstacles.. it would "charge" your jump ammount if you kept the key pressed and then jump on button release.

5. Graphics were cartoonish and music was cool ^^

6. There were many other NPC cars in the world which would either attack, ignore or just run away from you... you could buy cars up to huge trucks which would 1 hit kill other cars you'd run over, from buggy like cars which could jump half worlds without falling down lol... one of these small buggys is forced on you after you reach the second world and are 'enslaved' by one of those underground NPCs..

That is all I remember, I know it's not much but after seeing so much success in this thread I thought i could give it a try ^^

Thanks guys

SpotXSpot

Oct 27, 2012
I suspect I bring a stumper.
1. Windows 95/98 game, top-down adventure. Was very young, 7 or younger, when I played it.
2. Graphics looked rather MS Paintish, the main character was made primarily of geometrical shapes. You moved him around with the arrow keys.
3. The story had something to do with him wanting to go to the underworld to meet up with someone.
4. You start out in a country-like area, eventually find a bridge that you have to cross the right way to avoid falling to your death, then find a way into the underworld. Here, I remember always getting stuck in a part where it turned out the guy I had come to see had left on some kind of circus show with seven-legged spiders, in a room that once you entered you couldn't get out of again.
Don't really remember much besides that.
Help?

Dx7MfZb

Oct 27, 2012
Hi i used to play this game when i was younger but i can't remember the name, so i hope someone here can help me.
The game was ratter odd it was a space invaders clone (kinda) where you would fly a dog with big ears and it shot a green laser (i think you could power it up but i don't think so) the enemies were rather weird they were underwater animals one of them was in shell, the final boss was in space and you would fight a dog that i think was your evil brother and he had (pattern shots?) you had to remember where and what he's gonna shoot and i think this last boss was 3 phases long. backgrounds to the levels where real photos i think of some weird places like mountains it all had a kind of sci-fi look.
i don't remember the exact name of the game but it was something like "Fly Pet" but it was at least 10 years ago or less so i don't remember. hope you can help me thanks

lady0blackjack

Oct 27, 2012
lady0blackjack said:
I remember a really old adventure game. U control this little adventurer and had to either avoid or run from these red cloaked guys around this elemental scene. But i also remember if you weren't careful the scene itself would swallow you before you got to this door you had to unlock
i cant believe it took youtube and google images to find mine-does anyone remember lode runner: the legend continues