Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

MADM1K3

Nov 19, 2012
perkl said:
MADM1K3 said:
Genre: It's either TBS or RTS. Can't remember exactly but leaning towards RTS.
I think I know this game. Lemme dig my archives...

Enemy Infestation or Incubation, one of those.
Sorry, but no. In my game - you shot robots exclusively, at least on the levels i played )

MADM1K3

Nov 19, 2012
Ricardo Mendes said:
MADM1K3 said:
Ricardo Mendes said:
MADM1K3 said:
Going to copy my post on XKCD if you don't mind :)

So it's basically X-com/Syndicate hybrid with graphics from Crusader. Sorry for such a vague description :(
Maybe Jagged alliance? i haven't played it in a couple of years, and i don't remember clearly, but it kinda fits your description (as far as i remember)
JA is a super mainstream, you can't forget it's name :) My game was in the future with guys in power armor of different colors.
Meh, here in portugal many people haven't even heard of JA, and even for me i only have a few memories ahah, but ok :p
I live in Russia and JA was very popular here back in the day :)

Bresoldat

Nov 17, 2012
sami9145 said:
Bresoldat said:
Okay. I can't remember much about this game. I played it in school in the early 2000's. It was an elementary PC game. I believe it was mostly about math, but I vaguely remember a metronome and a piano somewhere in there. I do remember it being sort of creepy, almost like a Halloween game. I remember clicking on a tower to go inside and there, you had to grow a certain amount of crops to make a potion or something. You had to figure out how many seeds to plant and how much water and sunlight to give to yield the correct number of fruit or whatever. And then I believe if you went through the woods, you found these three witches and you had to measure the correct ingredients for a potion... And there was a labyrinth, but I don't remember what was inside. And I know you had to beat a certain amount of the games to unlock the door to this house on a hill. Although, I don't remember what was inside. But every time to made it in, you ended up back outside and had to complete more games (they were the same games but harder than before) again. And I think as you completed the games, a jewel or something would light up on the door.. And it was always night time and it was pretty much storming the entire time.

And there was another pc game I played in school. It was a mansion, and the person who owned it was a cat. And every time you found all the clues, you would get a picture of that mansion in your hall.. I'm wanting to say it was "reading mansion" or something g like that.
Those were JumpStart Games!!! Well the first one is forsure. Jumpstart 4th grade. I loved that one and I think the second one might be jumpstart too? just another game? Idk but the first one I do remember! :)

And I have a game I am wanting to find. It was a dinosaur PC game. We played it in my elementary school. You played as the dinosaur (I believe some sort of raptor?) and collected eggs or something. It had decent graphics, kinda 3d not 2d. I know it may not be helpful but if I saw the pic of it I would recognize it off the bat! It wasn't super cartoony. And you roamed the landscape. It was late 90s early 00s when I played it. Since it was at school I assume some educational value but idk.
Yes!! That's the one! Thank you so much!!

jdelliott08

Nov 21, 2012
I give up on searching, so here goes :)

The game I am looking for was for PC, and I believe it didnt install, it was just an executable (dont hold me to that). It was a "beat em up" 2D scroller with anime-type graphics, and the sprites I thought all had DragonBall Z type hair that I played in I think 2007 (might be older, but its at least that old). You could pick up health and weapons (i think a bottle of beer/pop too), and I believe you had special powers (like a ki blast). I know it had teams, so you and about 4-5 AI vs a bunch of bad guys (not sure if it was multiplayer or not). I thought the title either had "fighter" or "legend" somewhere in the name (once again, fuzzy on this one).

I would pay money for this game again (even though its was free), so any help would literally make my day!!!

jdelliott08

Nov 21, 2012
Oh and I'm 50/50 on this, but I'm pretty sure it was "2" (as in the second rendition of the game) - so it would be something like "best 2d game ever 2"

jdelliott08

Nov 21, 2012
GUYS I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.littlefighter.com/

I realized it DEFINITELY had "fighter 2" in the name after posting here (no idea why it helped).

I thank all of you for the potential help you would have given, and now I'm going to copy this game to dropbox and two different hard drives to never lose it again :)

PS. If 2D fighters/sidescrollers appeal to anyone here, I HIGHLY recommend this game!!!

gregoreezy

Nov 22, 2012
I really need help finding the title of this computer game from the 90's! It has been bugging me so much.

I don't remember most of it, but it was a platform style game where you would control your character (I believe he was dressed in white or grey) to the end of the level which I think was a portal (maybe blue/purple?). I vaguely remember people dressed in red that were probably bad guys. I remember the stages being very grassy, sometimes with rocks as well. A very distinct memory I had is that sometimes there was YELLOW GOO on the floor (it looked like honey or something) and that slowed you down. You could also build your own levels/stages. I remember many of the levels had ladders which were a main part of the gameplay.

Each level was like a puzzle or maze.. Ah, idk if this was specific enough but I've REALLY been going crazy trying to find this game again!

Kat Godess

Nov 22, 2012
I remember playing a old really old game with a girl with orange hair or brown i think and the object of the game was to collect all the diamonds on the map before death caught you while avoiding mummies and ect. can anyone help? xD

npgilbertson

Nov 22, 2012
It was some sort of racing game, you could literally swap out engine parts and everything. I think it was some sort of drag racing. You could take a car and put new engine, chassis, etc. in it... Hope someone remembers... i can't for the life of me... It was probably out between 2000 and 2006. Also, i think you could buy cars from a "junkyard"... It's a pc game that my uncle had on windows xp...

Rook takes Knight

Oct 1, 2012
I need help finding a PS1/PSX car game but with guns on the car, you could shoot missiles and stuff, it wasn't Vigilante 8 or twisted metal, it is more of a campaign with story instead of a battle arena type. I'm quite certain the car you use is purple in colour, the game reminds me alot of the spyhunter games but I've checked and there are no spyhunter games for the ps1/psx. I'll love you if you can find me this game

GmMstr

Nov 3, 2012
asdasd7 said:
2 games.
a) - 2d sidescroller
- pc, old game
- you play as a ninja
- story is about your girlfriend kidnapped by other ninja so you have to take her back
- I remember special move, it was chinese letters appearing on the screen and killing everything ;p
- I think you could throw shurikens
Shinobi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVhLpQtQcI

Tykwer

Nov 22, 2012
This is just the sort of thing I am looking for because Google has failed me.

I never played the game so I am very sketchy on the details, but I remember the main selling point was that the pc game would incorporate the pictures on your computer's hard drive into the environment on the walls I think.

Total guess details: It might have been a first person shooter late '90s to early 2000?

Thank you so much for taking the time.

asdasd7

Nov 18, 2012
GmMstr said:
asdasd7 said:
2 games.
a) - 2d sidescroller
- pc, old game
- you play as a ninja
- story is about your girlfriend kidnapped by other ninja so you have to take her back
- I remember special move, it was chinese letters appearing on the screen and killing everything ;p
- I think you could throw shurikens
Shinobi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVhLpQtQcI
No, on the begining there was short introduction to story where you saw your girlfriend being kidnapped. And graphic style was more like here.
http://www.victorygames.pl/screeny/gry/duze/6274.jpg
But good try, thanks ;]

vrida

Nov 22, 2012
Ok guys, help would be much appreciated cause I've been struggling for a while now.

The game was something between RPG and strategy. You picked a race, created units etc, nothing first person.
Now it was a little similar to Heroes of Might and Magic. I remember killing orcs, choosing something like wood elves, but there were many races to choose from. There were units like pixies, hmm something like sylvans. That's as much as I remember. Must have been 90s or 2000. I keep thinking of two word name something like Wizards, Warlock, Warlords. I honestly don't know, been googling for so long now and still nothing.

Trioto

Nov 22, 2012
Hi guys :)
i want to ask you about a game a was playing about 2005 or 2006 i don't remember when exactly but i know that it was like 2d or 2.5d side scrolling platform , i think it was something like blond hair guy was trapped in prison and he can only collect items from around him and needs to escape from prison and move on , i also remember that the prison was like from dirt and in some kind of village and in the middle was some kind of ruby and a tree , i passed some levels and i remember i got stuck at one point when the guy is on the right side of the screen and a pit is in the middle and a dog at the left site of the screen and uninstall the game , but i know i played on windows xp :) sorry for bad english

Sylard

Nov 22, 2012
Hello! :) Can someone help me?

I remember a game for maybe 8-10 years ago. It was 2D and you were with a green dog-like creature, shooting laser from its horn at other monsters. Red potions falls from monsters when they explodes. You had to collect these potions to level up. There were bosses, and if you defeated them, a lot of potions falls out from the boss.

I hope you can help me. :)

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Tykwer said:
This is just the sort of thing I am looking for because Google has failed me.

I never played the game so I am very sketchy on the details, but I remember the main selling point was that the pc game would incorporate the pictures on your computer's hard drive into the environment on the walls I think.

Total guess details: It might have been a first person shooter late '90s to early 2000?

Thank you so much for taking the time.
I think I remember this game, it was something to do with viruses... could even have just been called Virus, maybe? (I remember they had to print a disclaimer on the game packaging to reassure people that installing the game wouldn't *actually* put viruses on their PC).

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
asdasd7 said:
No, on the begining there was short introduction to story where you saw your girlfriend being kidnapped. And graphic style was more like here.
But good try, thanks ;]
Zool?

GmMstr

Nov 3, 2012
asdasd7 said:
But good try, thanks ;]
You got me stumped, although the picture you posted reminds me of the animation from Kid Nikki.

StevieJim

Nov 23, 2012
If anyone could help, that would be amazing.
All i can remember is that its a birds eye view brawler type game, there could be up to 4 characters fighting at one time, but the characters were giant creatures of sorts like rhinos or dinosaurs or something similar to that shape. The battlegrounds were fairly decently textured for its time, it had small hills and stuff.
Very vague, i know, but any help is appreciated.