Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

carnby

Oct 27, 2012
It's a pixely Action RPG/platforming flash game. Scoured Kongregate but can't find it.

*An older game, earlier than 2010, at least.
*Sidescroller but from a far back view like Pixel Knight.
*The battle system is very action-rpg like Secret of Mana, and it has a Final Fantasy-like menu and you level up and use potions and whatnot.
*Medieval fantasy type setting.
*There's a flying ship later on in the game (that you have to use to get past this cliff that's too high to jump up to)
*Only an hour or two long. It ends really abruptly, because it seemed like it was building up, then it just ends.

It's NOT Hero's Arms, Mardek or Arcuz.

tommytornroos

Nov 20, 2012
I am trying to find the name of an old laser game I played:

-On Windows 95 or DOS or something... it might have been newer though
-It is a laser game... I thought it might be Laser Wars but I can't find it based on google searches like that
-There were 4 colored lasers from each corner, each was either controlled by AI or by people on one keyboard
-The point of the game was the block each other, kind of like a tron type game... you wanted to stay alive the longest and have the other players crash into your light lines
-Each game started with a low computer voice saying "3, 2, 1, Begin"
-It had like a black or dark background and I thought I remember playing it with Big Red Racing... but that might not be right

So, it was a really cool laser game and each player moved around in left, right, up, down 90 degree angles and their laser kept a tail which tried to make other players crash into.

Please help! I want to try and find a screen shot or the game.

Thanks!

whats4denner

Nov 21, 2012
I really hope someone knows what I'm talking about here but I'm trying to remember an RTS game where you would be able to choose from a bunch of different countries and each one had their own "super weapon". All I remember is playing as France and they had some sort of laser or something. I believe it was set in the future or near-future.

Nov 21, 2012
Hi
I been trying to remember a not so old Japanese game I think its from 5-6 years back
and it was pretty simple:

You were some type of ball and you had to get bigger by clashing to other objects that were smaller than you, and then you kind of absorbed them and got bigger until you got so big that there were no more thing no grab, you just moved around.

Please help.

Nov 20, 2012
Trying to remember the name of a ps1 game that involves tanks, bounty hunters and explosives. and during the cut scenes, two guys in silhouette sitting in lounge chairs are doing commentary about how much of a douche the commander is and how pretty the second in command is. And while they are doing the commentary, the commander and the second in command would give the two guys dirty looks and orders.
if anyone has any ideas on what this game is called, please let me know.

Viclice

Nov 21, 2012
Ok, I REALLY hope you guys can help me. I'm from norway, but I think (and hope!) this game was just dubbed into norwegian when I played it. I have been searching for sooo long time, and I'm starting to lose hope here.

This is a game I played in the late 90's/early 2000, and this was a childrens pc-game. It followed a computer my dad bought. (I actually remember the disk to be green!)

There is no plot, just several games in the game, with point-and-click, with these weird animals (aliens? Maybe just some fantasyfigures) I remember in one of these games, there was this fantasy-animal-thing who stood by 2 identical pictures, and then one of the pictures got warped.Then he asked me "Can you make this picture look like THIS picture? (pointed at the warped one). - Then I could use all sort of tools, and try to make it look like his.

I also remember there was some kind of shop? Something about...cakes? Or shoes? I'm lost. Aah, I wish I could remember more!
And you could make music! All with these weird characters. Was there something about a pond and a snake too?

Anyone got a clue?

baobabtree

Nov 21, 2012
I have not looked through the 120 pages of info to see if someone already found this yet, but here it goes...
Ok, so I used to play on a PC in the 90s this really cool 2D game where there are a bunch of kids who are transported into this world where the island is different times. I distinctly remember being chased by a t-rex and stepping across icebergs. There's a maze that has a minotaur and you find these clues and there's something about an oil lamp... In the end you reach this cave and answer a riddle or something and at the end you are rewarded with a symbol of an animal, I remember printing out a certificate about dolphins. Please help me if you know what I'm talking about! I loved that game as a kid and I want to check it out again.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
tommytornroos said:
I am trying to find the name of an old laser game I played:

-On Windows 95 or DOS or something... it might have been newer though
-It is a laser game... I thought it might be Laser Wars but I can't find it based on google searches like that
-There were 4 colored lasers from each corner, each was either controlled by AI or by people on one keyboard
-The point of the game was the block each other, kind of like a tron type game... you wanted to stay alive the longest and have the other players crash into your light lines
-Each game started with a low computer voice saying "3, 2, 1, Begin"
-It had like a black or dark background and I thought I remember playing it with Big Red Racing... but that might not be right

So, it was a really cool laser game and each player moved around in left, right, up, down 90 degree angles and their laser kept a tail which tried to make other players crash into.

Please help! I want to try and find a screen shot or the game.

Thanks!
Lightbikes?

asdasd7

Nov 18, 2012
2 games.
a) - 2d sidescroller
- pc, old game
- you play as a ninja
- story is about your girlfriend kidnapped by other ninja so you have to take her back
- I remember special move, it was chinese letters appearing on the screen and killing everything ;p
- I think you could throw shurikens

b) and correct descripion of game I mentioned before
- 2d, pc game
- 1 or 2 players for sure
- the point of each level was to smash colored walls using hammer(I think) on the floor of high-rise
- there were few buildings with different backgrounds
- I also remember bonus rounds without enemies, something like time attack
- there were enemies (I remember biker, he was really annoying) and bosses(one for sure ;])

Hope someone can help me ;)

sapphire

Nov 21, 2012
I'm hoping someone can help me to remember this one game from the 90s that I played on sega genesis...It's a vague memory but it went something like this: It was played from a top view and my character stood in the middle of what seemed like a gym. There were doors on each of the walls and they would open one by one, and in the harder levels, more than one at a time and a large crowd of people would rush in attack me. I would have to fight them all off. More doors would keep opening and letting more people in. If anyone can extract a name of this game from my really bad memory I'd appreciate it, thanks!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
sapphire said:
I'm hoping someone can help me to remember this one game from the 90s that I played on sega genesis...It's a vague memory but it went something like this: It was played from a top view and my character stood in the middle of what seemed like a gym. There were doors on each of the walls and they would open one by one, and in the harder levels, more than one at a time and a large crowd of people would rush in attack me. I would have to fight them all off. More doors would keep opening and letting more people in. If anyone can extract a name of this game from my really bad memory I'd appreciate it, thanks!
That sounds sort of like Smash TV to me.

sapphire

Nov 21, 2012
StriderShinryu said:
sapphire said:
That sounds sort of like Smash TV to me.
That's it!!! Thanks so much!

patodonohue

Nov 21, 2012
So this is obviously a huge thread, and I'm not going to be upset if no one can find this, however I would be over the moon if someone could.

You are a spaceship flying through space (the spaceship stays in place but the background rolls down to give you the impression of flying up) and you have to shoot and kill enemies. Some enemies (or maybe they just randomly fall) drop powerups which can be attached to your spaceship. Each new powerup doesn't necessarily remove the old ones, they just keep attaching until your spaceship is so wide that you practically take up the whole screen so you cant avoid enemies but you have like 10000 bullets and rockets going everywhere.

Sorry if it's really vague but I've been searching for its name for YEARS!

Platform: PC

Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks.

daniwhazzup

Nov 19, 2012
dtaPacman said:
Daniel Demonteverde said:
remember that PS2 Game where you had different weird cars and arenas? Like you were in this arena where there where other weird cars, and the goal was destroying the other ones with your weapons.
I remember my favorite was this toy car, although they all looked like toys. Oh, and one arena was a kids room.
Please help, i really miss my childhood :)
Was it micro maniacs?
no, it wasn't micro maniacs. oh gosh, i really can't remember it's name :/

Ricardo Mendes

Nov 4, 2012
MADM1K3 said:
Ricardo Mendes said:
MADM1K3 said:
Going to copy my post on XKCD if you don't mind :)

So it's basically X-com/Syndicate hybrid with graphics from Crusader. Sorry for such a vague description :(
Maybe Jagged alliance? i haven't played it in a couple of years, and i don't remember clearly, but it kinda fits your description (as far as i remember)
JA is a super mainstream, you can't forget it's name :) My game was in the future with guys in power armor of different colors.
Meh, here in portugal many people haven't even heard of JA, and even for me i only have a few memories ahah, but ok :p

killerlook5

Nov 20, 2012
Ghostwise said:
killerlook5 said:
This one hopefully won't be too hard for someone to remember. It was a two disc ps2 fantasy rpg. I remember the story line vaguely, it starts with you and your female friend (possibly GF) in a combat simulation room. When you leave and return to the room the space station/planet you are on is evacuated after aliens begin to bomb it. You lose contact with your female 'friend' and your family and you spend the night underground in a shelter. When you board a ship which is destined to take you to safety you meet up with the girl again. The ship is then attacked by the same aliens before being blown to smithereens (You being on an escape pod). Then I believe you land on a tribal like planet whom is ruled by a 'god', which turns out to be a nutter with a gun. I think you start out with a sword because guns are illegal on planets that haven't evolved to a certain point. It kind of plays like final fantasy where you run around in a open environment running into random encounters. And I stress that this was a two disc game, though I never got far enough into the story to play the second disc!

Thanks to anyone who can remember this game, i've been looking for god knows how long.
This has to be Star Ocean: Till The End of Time.
Thank you so much!