Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Gangxxter

Nov 25, 2012
Radu Savutiu said:
Hi everyone, I have a big lapsus right now.

I remember playing a 3D adventure/RTS game with a wizard. Basically you had mana wells from which to regenerate mana, and you could place your monsters on them as well.
Then you would fight with other wizard over them.
Also, on the adventure side, you played some weird chess at one point, made valerian potions, and so on.

The name was MM something...
Please help!
Probably some "Heroes of Might & Magic" game?

Amjad Huzayen

Nov 26, 2012
There is a game that i used to play on PS2 when I was 11 years old, the game is 3rd person mode in this game you can transform to different monster like werewolf, amphibian and other monsters when you defeat bosses

Can someone tell me what is the name of the game?

IanDresari

Nov 24, 2012
Novver said:
wolfsbane117 said:
Hey

This was an old PC game, been bugging me for awhile now.

Standard RTS game, except everything was in space/spaceships etc. All the building happened in rings around different planets which had various different ratings for the resources on each. There was kinda like a multiple map thing, where you could leave your galaxy? and go to other ones which all resided on a big map. Pretty much all I remember about it really. Just been bugging me, thanks for the help!
Its quite simple, my all time favourite. Its in my best 10 RTS i played.

Conquest - Frontier Wars

http://i.d.com.com/i/dl/media/dlimage/88/52/9/88529_large.jpeg
Gosh, well done! I was looking for that exactly, too, but i think my post on 121 got lost cuz it was the last one on that page =D

IanDresari

Nov 24, 2012
VoiceKillaz said:
wow everyone ignores my question and they pay attention to others, thank you really much!
well there are so many posts.. mine got overseen, too (but it's solved now)

i looked for your posts and i think it could be Battle Isle (possibly Battle Isle IV: The Andosian War). I remember playing it and it had this fuel-element in it where you could only move a few spaces until you had to refuel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Isle_(series)

Tobster11

Nov 26, 2012
Tobster11 said:
Many things in the game be in a mechanical style.

I often had to use "Keys" like this
http://www.spieluhren-ambiente.de/spieluhren/Zubehoer%20%20%20Ersatzteile%20d1%20471.jpg
and i had often to wind up enemys or bosses

In this Game, I was a boy with red hair (i think he was calles "Flint") and the story beginns with the being on a zeppelin.

After something what happens there i fall from the zeppelin on an island and live there.

One other thing i knew was that I fighted with a minotaurus (boss enemy)(who can transform into a ball and follow/attack me with this form down something like a hill or so)
I hope someone can help me :)
I found it :D

Its called "Alundra 2"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alundra_2:_A_New_Legend_Begins

Gavin Reid

Nov 26, 2012
Gavin Reid said:
The game I remember was a demo I played on the ps1. I remember four separate portions of game-play. In the first part, you had to find lost money for somebody in a city to progress. You can talk to a man who offers to draw a picture of the female member of your party, but she says the picture looks nothing like her. In the second part, you are in your upstairs room about to embark on your journey and you can get items from searching your furniture. You also talk to a woman/girl on the way out. In the third part, you are in a train station. In the fourth part you are in a landscape with fields and mountains. You begin at the bottom right of the map and move up and left to establish camp. The save points were rainbow swirly circles on the ground, and when battle is initiated while you roam across the landscape, it is turn based.

I also remember a trailer for the game which played after the demo time expired. The camera scrolls across CGI/non game-play scenes of environments in the game like an airfield with planes. The final scene of the trailer involved a cylindrical room with a large floating green crystal.

Hope that's enough information.
Well, I solved my own. It was Grandia the whole time.

Rayelle

Nov 26, 2012
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

There is a game from around 2000-2002 that I used to play in 5th grade. It might not even be as fun as I remember it but this game has been on my mind for YEARS!!! I need to know the name of this game so bad. This is what I remember:

There are multiple levels with a background of it seemed like a cave with levels you could jump up and run on and sections missing so you could fall down. I think it was a troll (some type of troll like monster) that you control on each level and they have to get everything from the level before they get caught by the other little "monsters". The main thing I remember is when the troll got the little circle of cheese it made this sound like a little baby and a cash register ringing up in the background. I know this isn't much info but someone else had to play this game besides me. If anyone can figure out this games name I would be more than greatful. I'LL LOVE YOU FOR LIFE!!

zmanzac1

Nov 26, 2012
There is a game where you build your army buy carrying blocks to your pad I remember that there were 2 different colored blocks blue and red the blue ones were better to use but were heaver than the red ones. You could build tanks,rocket launchers, and units. It was for the xbox.

Jess Cole

Nov 26, 2012
Ok, trying to find this game is doing my nut in!

We used to rent it from the video shop when I was 10-11 so around 2000/2001. I can't remember if it was for Ps1 or Ps2 but it must have been one of them as those are the only consoles I had at that age!

I swear down the game was called 'Poi Poi' or something along those lines but putting that and PS1/2 into google gets zilch back =( You could have up to 4 players and the characters were in the same sort of style as from the Buzz! quiz games (the whole head split in half for a mouth thing? I think...) Anywho! It was an arena type game where there were 4 of you in an arena and you had to win the fight? I think there were things like power ups and that sorta thing but really don't remember too clearly! Hope someone can help!

whats4denner

Nov 21, 2012
Hello all!

I really hope someone knows what I'm talking about here but I'm trying to remember an RTS game where you would be able to choose from a bunch of different countries and each one had their own "super weapon". All I remember is playing as France and they had some sort of laser or something. I believe it was set in the future or near-future

Ryonez

Mar 30, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a game for someone. Here are the details I've been given.

Pc only game, played in mid-2005.
RPG style game, Sprite graphics.
You start in a village, fight your way until you cross a ford. You can recruit a princess in a later town. Can use magic and swords. You can only have 4 members(if you recruit someone when you have a full group you need to drop someone).
One of the enemies you face are snakes in the beginning.

Hopefully this will be enough, it's all the info they can remember.

Cheers

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
The game with the guy In a grass skirt with purple hair!

(It was a platformer on ps1)

His hair may have been pink now that I think on it

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
I have another! Also a ps1 game, in this one you are a member of a futuristic police force iirc, and you have a transforming car/walking mech armed with rockets and flame throwers and machine guns and all that good stuff, and I believe it was a top down perspective.

Joshmustlive

Nov 27, 2012
I am about to lose my mind!!!
I have been searching for this game for years, I'v tried everything I can think of and I am still at a lose I have lost days of sleeping looking through all the different forums and all the roms and everything and I just cant find the game.

This is all I can remember, The main character has blue hair and its a top down rpg on the PS but when you go into battle mode it goes into a 3D perspective it looks very similar to Final Fantasy 7 but i have found that none of the final fantasy games are the game i am mentioning, the only three characters i can remember are the blue haired guy, red haired girl, and a green haired guy. The only two gameplay and story aspects i can remember are, You finish doing something in your home town after talking with your friends your mother I think calls you inside to go to sleep, you wake up during the night to hear the town is being attacked, the towns people and guards are being attacked and you go ask your mother or whatever whats going on and i could swear to you that she says that Sins army is attacking and there is no hope for the town. Then the wall surrounding the town breaks and it shows this demons face smiling and some really epic creepy music starts playing, you go to help fight the army against your mothers or whatever wishes and you eventualy fight "sin" and lose, and i remember bits and pieces of the final boss and attacking during battle its like a big open area with wavy darkness all around with blue lights under your characters and the boss is massive like the biggest boss iv ever seen lol, and once you attack a few times there will be a counter that shows up on the screen to show how many hits you got.

I really hope this helps everyone find out what game this is, so i can stop worrying about it and staying up days at a time looking for this amazing rpg, btw it was around 96 or so if i remember right. Please help this is my only hope of finding this game

Scott Daniels

Oct 10, 2012
GiantRaven said:
Scott Daniels said:
Okay, if anyone can figure this out, I will love you forever. It's an old, top-down(think Legend of Zelda style) game. It was for the computer, sometime in the 90's, really, really, old graphics. You could play as a few different(generic) RPG classes. The game started out in a semi-wooded area and your character started inside some type of old house. If you died, you had to start the game over and a screen with a skull on it, accompanied by evil laughing, was shown when you got said game over. There were, of course, generic fantasy enemies as well, such as zombies, skeletons, etc. When you killed a zombie there was a groaning noise and it looked like someone used the old paint tool to animate the blood. It was a heavily pixelated game, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called....
Could be Dungeon Siege, although I recall very little about that game.
No, some friends have told me Gauntlet, Baldur's Gate, and Dungeon Siege. I could be wrong about it being FROM the 90's but It's definitely not those. The graphics are SOMEWHAT similar though to the original Gauntlet from the picture's I've seen of it.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Carrots_macduff said:
The game with the guy In a grass skirt with purple hair!

(It was a platformer on ps1)

His hair may have been pink now that I think on it
That would be Tomba. Pretty good game and it was recently made available on PSN I think.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Carrots_macduff said:
I have another! Also a ps1 game, in this one you are a member of a futuristic police force iirc, and you have a transforming car/walking mech armed with rockets and flame throwers and machine guns and all that good stuff, and I believe it was a top down perspective.
Future Cop: LAPD.

One of my favourites.

tyrabeaar

Nov 27, 2012
Okay, so. I've been lookin for this game for ages but just can't find it, probably cause I only vaugley remember it. I remember the character waking up in a temple, and he'd have to go out and fight these giant monsters. But you couldn't simply attack the monsters, you'd have to find them in their special realm, basically, climb them, and then proceed to look for a blue marking somewhere on the beasts body which would indicate the spot you'd have to hit to bring it down. Lots of times the beasts would look like old ruins, or like the mountains they lived in. I remember one of them was basically a building, where you'd start on the bottom and climb your way up to the blue marking hoping you didn't fall off, and having to be wry strategic about how you moved around.
And then, I can't remember if it was after each beast you accomplished, or only certain ones, but a statue representing the beast would either collapse or become solid in te temple you originally woke up in.
PLEASE HELP

Ryonez

Mar 30, 2011
tyrabeaar said:
Okay, so. I've been lookin for this game for ages but just can't find it, probably cause I only vaugley remember it. I remember the character waking up in a temple, and he'd have to go out and fight these giant monsters. But you couldn't simply attack the monsters, you'd have to find them in their special realm, basically, climb them, and then proceed to look for a blue marking somewhere on the beasts body which would indicate the spot you'd have to hit to bring it down. Lots of times the beasts would look like old ruins, or like the mountains they lived in. I remember one of them was basically a building, where you'd start on the bottom and climb your way up to the blue marking hoping you didn't fall off, and having to be wry strategic about how you moved around.
And then, I can't remember if it was after each beast you accomplished, or only certain ones, but a statue representing the beast would either collapse or become solid in te temple you originally woke up in.
PLEASE HELP
That's Shadow of the Colossus.

It's a PS2 game, but there is a PS3 remake called ICO and Shadow of the Colossus for PS3(Both on disk and on the PSN store). I believe the two games tie in together.

IanDresari

Nov 24, 2012
Joshmustlive said:
I am about to lose my mind!!!
I have been searching for this game for years, I'v tried everything I can think of and I am still at a lose I have lost days of sleeping looking through all the different forums and all the roms and everything and I just cant find the game.

This is all I can remember, The main character has blue hair and its a top down rpg on the PS but when you go into battle mode it goes into a 3D perspective it looks very similar to Final Fantasy 7 but i have found that none of the final fantasy games are the game i am mentioning, the only three characters i can remember are the blue haired guy, red haired girl, and a green haired guy. The only two gameplay and story aspects i can remember are, You finish doing something in your home town after talking with your friends your mother I think calls you inside to go to sleep, you wake up during the night to hear the town is being attacked, the towns people and guards are being attacked and you go ask your mother or whatever whats going on and i could swear to you that she says that Sins army is attacking and there is no hope for the town. Then the wall surrounding the town breaks and it shows this demons face smiling and some really epic creepy music starts playing, you go to help fight the army against your mothers or whatever wishes and you eventualy fight "sin" and lose, and i remember bits and pieces of the final boss and attacking during battle its like a big open area with wavy darkness all around with blue lights under your characters and the boss is massive like the biggest boss iv ever seen lol, and once you attack a few times there will be a counter that shows up on the screen to show how many hits you got.

I really hope this helps everyone find out what game this is, so i can stop worrying about it and staying up days at a time looking for this amazing rpg, btw it was around 96 or so if i remember right. Please help this is my only hope of finding this game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Legaia

I used to play this game a lot with a friend on the PS1.