Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
FriedChicken97 said:
There is this game that I've been trying to think of the name of for a while now, but I just can't seem to find it. The game isn't old or anything as I have only just played it within the last decade and I have absolutely no idea what console(s) it is associated with. First of all, I think it has a Japanese name (I'm not totally sure on this, though). Secondly, it is a four-player game, in which you fight the other players (I could be wrong with this though and you have to fight NPCs) whilst completing certain mini-games (my memory is too vague to give even a short description but I think one of the mini-games involves fighting on a boat of some sort). Help with this would be much appreciated as I have a terrible memory and it has been bugging me for ages!
You didn't mention which console/pc this was out on, but it sounds kind of like Power Stone 2?

dtaPacman

Oct 20, 2011
npgilbertson said:
It was some sort of racing game, you could literally swap out engine parts and everything. I think it was some sort of drag racing. You could take a car and put new engine, chassis, etc. in it... Hope someone remembers... i can't for the life of me... It was probably out between 2000 and 2006. Also, i think you could buy cars from a junkyard... It's a pc game that my uncle had on windows xp... Please someone help me, i would love to play this game again. Maybe i could even help you find a game...

re-posted
Was it need for speed underground on one of the burnout series?

Darksnublz

Nov 28, 2012
I remember playing this game when I was in my High School but I honesty cannot remember the name of it.

You can create different things like vehicles, maps. You can also make these objects move. This is on the internet but I do not know what the website is called as I have been racking my brain all day. If anyone can help me with this then that'd be great. This website is the game though.

clw132

Nov 28, 2012
Okay I don't have much to go on but here's what I remember. It was an SNES game and Im sure you played as a guy with long blond hair and a sword. It was a side-scroller/ platformer. One thing I remember for sure was on one stage you were in a palace or a castle and you had to run from a giant black bowling ball.

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
Darksnublz said:
I remember playing this game when I was in my High School but I honesty cannot remember the name of it.

You can create different things like vehicles, maps. You can also make these objects move. This is on the internet but I do not know what the website is called as I have been racking my brain all day. If anyone can help me with this then that'd be great. This website is the game though.
Fantastic contraption?

http://fantasticcontraption.com/index.php#

wastemanning

Nov 28, 2012
HELP!

played a game with a mate once and realy enjoyed it.
you were on a large open plain and you had to travel on horse back to different locations to find giants, and the way you would find these giants is that youd hold someting up in the air and it would reflect light and point to where the closest one was hiding. when you found the giants you'd have to climb up its legs and try to get to its head so you could kill it, and i cant remember why but i think it had something to do with saving a princess or someone?? who was dead or dieing or asleep.
i think it was called something like "shining"? or something to do with light.
p.s. it was on ps2 i think
p.p.s it was 3rd person

PPPPLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP

Sura

Nov 28, 2012
hy guys,

I remember playing a good old ps1 where you play a a young boy...wizard or mage. Anyway you had a Staff as weapon.
Magic in this game was based on Elements and in fights you had an areal where you can move and attack.
If you wanted to upgrade magic you had to find hidden shiny objects in the area ( not really objects just a blinking something so quite hidden).
If i recall correctly the first boss was earth type, the second wind, the third water and the fourth fire.
Unfortunately I don't remember the plot, it had something to do with the elements I think, and maybe crystals.
Ah, and it was 3rd person. I am pretty sure it was ps1. Hopefully you can help me out there.

Darksnublz

Nov 28, 2012
Orange12345 said:
Darksnublz said:

Fantastic contraption?

http://fantasticcontraption.com/index.php#
No that wasn't the game. I found the game I have been looing for now, It was called incredibots. Thanks for your help guys.

npgilbertson

Nov 22, 2012
dtaPacman said:
npgilbertson said:
It was some sort of racing game, you could literally swap out engine parts and everything. I think it was some sort of drag racing. You could take a car and put new engine, chassis, etc. in it... Hope someone remembers... i can't for the life of me... It was probably out between 2000 and 2006. Also, i think you could buy cars from a junkyard... It's a pc game that my uncle had on windows xp... Please someone help me, i would love to play this game again. Maybe i could even help you find a game...

re-posted
Was it need for speed underground on one of the burnout series?
no, unfortunately i feel it was a game that wasn't too well known. I don't remember if i'm thinking of the same game, but there was some memories of a gta like game that also allowed you to tune your cars and race on the street.

tik

Nov 29, 2012
Looking for 3 kids games from the early/mid 90s

1. PC game. Something in space- you rode around on this weird thing that looked almost like a snowmobile/motorcycle combo, think it was red, and I don't recall exactly what you did, but it definitely involved trying to get crystals or items or something. might be called galaxy something or something galaxy? I think you got to trade in whatever you collected for various rewards. It was probably an educational game, math related or something. And asteroids were I think an enemy during some part of it, or brown asteroids with faces were somehow involved. I think what you were collecting were purple crystals?

2. pc game, one of the games involved counting out food pellets for weird looking fish, including zebra fish. Demo for this game came with the mother goose stories game.

3. some kind of computer game where one of the levels involved chip and dale hiding in pipes at timed intervals to avoid an enemy.

Bryson Woolsey

Nov 29, 2012
Hey, I'm looking for an old game, I believe it was on the Sega Genesis. It's a top down perspective and you fly a helicopter and go around rescuing people drowning in the ocean or shooting shit down, I cannot remember much of it other than that it was years ago and I was really young. Thanks.

Charge

Nov 29, 2012
I have been searching for this game forever.
It is a space game, you start out as a smiley face ship I believe, but you can mine planets, and then colonize others planets and build defenses from the computer opponent. It's 2d and has a pretty big space map. You can move around freely to any point of the map you want. It's for the PC. I want to say it was on a disk called 300 great games for windows 95/98.
If you need anymore information please ask and I will try my best to answer.

Thanks,
Charge

Oct 10, 2011
It was an N64 Spiderman game, I remember really enjoying it, but then again anything could entertain me back then. Anyway, the only part I remember was when you were playing as spidey and running in a hallway from Dr. Octopus, if he got near you, it was game over.

Ryonez

Mar 30, 2011
wastemanning said:
HELP!

played a game with a mate once and realy enjoyed it.
you were on a large open plain and you had to travel on horse back to different locations to find giants, and the way you would find these giants is that youd hold someting up in the air and it would reflect light and point to where the closest one was hiding. when you found the giants you'd have to climb up its legs and try to get to its head so you could kill it, and i cant remember why but i think it had something to do with saving a princess or someone?? who was dead or dieing or asleep.
i think it was called something like "shining"? or something to do with light.
p.s. it was on ps2 i think
p.p.s it was 3rd person

PPPPLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP
That's Shadow of the Colossus.

It's a PS2 game, but there is a PS3 remake called ICO and Shadow of the Colossus for PS3(Both on disk and on the PSN store). I believe the two games tie in together.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
username sucks said:
It was an N64 Spiderman game, I remember really enjoying it, but then again anything could entertain me back then. Anyway, the only part I remember was when you were playing as spidey and running in a hallway from Dr. Octopus, if he got near you, it was game over.
That one was simply called Spiderman. I have the PS1 version, but the N64, PC, and Dreamcast versions were all pretty much the same game. http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/366269-spider-man/

It actually holds up really well, having been pretty widely acknowledged to be the best superhero game ever up to that point, not surpassed until Spiderman 2 on the PS2[footnote]which is different from the PS1 Spiderman 2, which was a sequel to the PS1 Spiderman game. The PS2 Spiderman 2 was an adaptation of the second movie, while the PS1/N64/Dreamcast games were based on the comics.[/footnote], which wasn't surpassed in turn until Arkham Asylum.

Zx_Spectrum

Nov 28, 2012
Hi,
What was the name of a very famous game where a monkey collects coins and it has to fight with enemies on its way?

Sanjyola

Nov 29, 2012
tik said:
Looking for 3 kids games from the early/mid 90s

1. PC game. Something in space- you rode around on this weird thing that looked almost like a snowmobile/motorcycle combo, think it was red, and I don't recall exactly what you did, but it definitely involved trying to get crystals or items or something. might be called galaxy something or something galaxy? I think you got to trade in whatever you collected for various rewards. It was probably an educational game, math related or something. And asteroids were I think an enemy during some part of it, or brown asteroids with faces were somehow involved. I think what you were collecting were purple crystals?
Maybe you're talking about this game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRM_-6N61Y&t=2m44s

Jzcaesar

Mar 29, 2011
Sura said:
hy guys,

I remember playing a good old ps1 where you play a a young boy...wizard or mage. Anyway you had a Staff as weapon.
Magic in this game was based on Elements and in fights you had an areal where you can move and attack.
If you wanted to upgrade magic you had to find hidden shiny objects in the area ( not really objects just a blinking something so quite hidden).
If i recall correctly the first boss was earth type, the second wind, the third water and the fourth fire.
Unfortunately I don't remember the plot, it had something to do with the elements I think, and maybe crystals.
Ah, and it was 3rd person. I am pretty sure it was ps1. Hopefully you can help me out there.
There was this game called Quest 64 where you were this kid who was a wizard and the game's magic system was based on elements. The bosses even had the types you listed, in that order.

Sanjyola

Nov 29, 2012
Bryson Woolsey said:
Hey, I'm looking for an old game, I believe it was on the Sega Genesis. It's a top down perspective and you fly a helicopter and go around rescuing people drowning in the ocean or shooting shit down, I cannot remember much of it other than that it was years ago and I was really young. Thanks.
Maybe you're talking about Choplifter? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVcCayVAkRw

edit: you said top-down view so perhaps it isn't Choplifter. Is this the game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_seq2VLWEvg