Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

ritvan

Jan 27, 2012
hello.
was a game with a fighter who fights in the beginning with a whip and then with a sword against some skeletons and some zombies. initially walking from left to right and in the end from right to left. game ends in a castle.
i played it in arcade, maybe in 1994.
thank you.

karluz

Jan 21, 2012
ritvan said:
hello.
was a game with a fighter who fights in the beginning with a whip and then with a sword against some skeletons and some zombies. initially walking from left to right and in the end from right to left. game ends in a castle.
i played it in arcade, maybe in 1994.
thank you.
Castlevania?

Bigherok

Jan 28, 2012
Hello,
Long time ago, my friend brought me a Japanese ps1 game. It all uses japanese language. It's a board game similar to monopoly. As I remember, there is one hero character, one princess/lady, one ninja... They roll the dice, buy, upgrade house and use magic to attack the opponents. You can play the game up to 4 players. I searched and its not Culdcept. I lost the disc and really want to play the game again.

Chimera

Jan 28, 2012
Hello!

I've got four games that I need to remember, listed in order of importance. I'm a Ninties kid, so the earliest game platform would be Dreamcast.

For the Xbox - An action games where you were a mad scientist who invented a something to make himself turn into other animals. He would have to scan the animal first with it and then he could turn into the animal at will. I remember turning into a rat and possibly a gorilla. The animals would always look weird when he turned into them, like freakier. This was around the time that Pchyconauts came out, I believe, because my mother stopped playing video games right after that.

For the PC - A plat former where you were a little boy looking for either his dog or his house. He dressed a bit like Ness from Earth Bound, I think. The title may have been "Monster Something" but don't hold me to that. It would have been about 1996 - 1999 possibly. It's really foggy.

For the Dreamcast - A game where you were a boy who rode a dragon, the dragon looked like a porous with like flipper wings. He gets it when it's little and then it grows up. He comes home to his town and it's all bombed and burned a junk and his parents are dead. I remember that the attack that burned his town was because of his dragon and the government was hella mad about it. The rest of the game was either about you (riding your dragon) getting your revenge or finding somewhere for the dragon to live safely or running from the army, can't remember.

For the Pc - A kids game, most likely around 1995 - 1997 is when I would have played it. There was a panda and a lion and other animals and there was a train involved. That's about all I remember. Really vague, but I was three or four when I played it. We didn't have speakers then and I remember that my mother got me speakers so I could listen to them talk or something.

Anyway, thanks for the help if there's anyone who knows that I'm talking about!

mkxray

Jan 28, 2012
Help me. I'm looking for a very old and simple game. I may have played it more then 20 yrs ago on an old ibm i think. It's a simple matching game where 2 people could play. there was always a bonus round where the contestant would win a trip or something. i believe it was dos based but have looked everywhere. all i remember typing was dir/game/match.

Does this ring a bell?

karluz

Jan 21, 2012
karluz said:
Hi.

Another game i'm looking for is a beat'em up from 1995/96 that I played in the arcades.
We had 3 or 4 chars to choose from like ninjas. And I remember that one was a female that had one special trick that was like a piroet with her arms and legs in flames and another char was a black dude with a big body that had a special trick that was like a head strike like Honda in Street Fighter.
Anyone??

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I remember this horror adventure game where you could go into a building and click things that make lightning. Some kind of frankenstein game.

Dragosh

Jan 29, 2012
Hai all, been searching the whole interwebs for it.

Now here's what i remember it was for win95/DOS, a shoot'em'up HORIZONTAL scroll, top down view, it had 2 players, one used keyboard the other one a mouse, one was a blue ship another a red one, the ship's looked triangle'ish. The only level i remember is a canyon with water from top down view.

windmil

May 24, 2010
The game I can't remember the name of is a fairly old RTS. It was sci-fi, I remembered it while watching someone playing some Starcraft. I remember two sides, one just your standard humans with their tanks and guns and such. The other side is what really stuck out, they were shaped like various human human body parts. The main base was shaped like a heart, other buildings like different organs. One of the units was basically a butt on legs, another was a floating brain.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Chimera said:
For the PC - A plat former where you were a little boy looking for either his dog or his house. He dressed a bit like Ness from Earth Bound, I think. The title may have been "Monster Something" but don't hold me to that. It would have been about 1996 - 1999 possibly. It's really foggy.
Heart of Darkness

Chimera said:
For the Dreamcast - A game where you were a boy who rode a dragon, the dragon looked like a porous with like flipper wings. He gets it when it's little and then it grows up. He comes home to his town and it's all bombed and burned a junk and his parents are dead. I remember that the attack that burned his town was because of his dragon and the government was hella mad about it. The rest of the game was either about you (riding your dragon) getting your revenge or finding somewhere for the dragon to live safely or running from the army, can't remember.
Panzer Dragoon Orta?

karluz said:
karluz said:
Hi.

Another game i'm looking for is a beat'em up from 1995/96 that I played in the arcades.
We had 3 or 4 chars to choose from like ninjas. And I remember that one was a female that had one special trick that was like a piroet with her arms and legs in flames and another char was a black dude with a big body that had a special trick that was like a head strike like Honda in Street Fighter.
Anyone??
The "Fire ninja girl" sounds like Mai from King of Fighters.

karluz

Jan 21, 2012
karluz said:
karluz said:
Hi.

Anyone??
The "Fire ninja girl" sounds like Mai from King of Fighters.[/quote]

:D

The game was like "streets of rage". Beating guys until the boss...

axlastro

Jan 29, 2012
Hello, I'm trying to find a game I used to play in the late 90's on windows 95 or DOS...

It was about an armored vehicle that you operate and drive freely in some funfair in the first level.

There are different enemies - a car that pushes you , a teddy bear that crushes your car and some little things that throw bombs at you.

That was the first level which I couldn't pass.

There was an intro video in which a story was told - you get into a car crash and they put you in that futuristic armored car. I think it played everytime you got killed.

The game was 3-rd person close view as far as I could remember and the battle arena was closed, but under some conditions you could go over the fence and drive freely into a desert. However in that case, some sort of helicopter drops an enemy car near you, which tries to hot you.

The car's energy (life) was reduced when you got hit by the enemy car and you could get some sort of E.M.P torpedo to disable it for some time, but it was indestuctible. The other enemies - the teddy bear you could kill with some sort of mine, but if the bear manages to grab your car - you are dead. The toughest enemy were some small jumping thingies, that were throwing instant-death bombs at you.

Oh, and the game was pretty tough, as I said I couldn't get past level 1...

P.S. Yes I registered on the board only because of that thread, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it - it's a great forum!

subzero123

Jan 29, 2012
So ive been racking my brains for quite some time now, trying to figure out the name of this one game i played years ago as a kid. From what i can remmember, the game takes place on some kind of fantasy island where there these egg like people living happily and some monster type things attack and capture everyone. You had to rescue youre friends and the elders and kill the monsters. It was on the old playstation 1 console. Im not too sure about the date, but by guessing somewhere between 1998 and 2001.

Can someone please tell me the name

Cheesypriz

Jan 16, 2012
Cheesypriz said:
Hey everyone, there's this PC 3D arcade-like shooter which I've played roughly 9 years ago.
Its kinda futuristic where you're playing as a female protagonist? flying in a air craft and all you've to do is shoot down alien-like space craft and carriers with your left button(twin lasers are the only weapons i remembered).
I remember clearly that the game graphics are in polygons.
1 mission where you're sent down the river of a city (kinda like the river of London Bridge) shooting off some drones and carriers and into the city where more drones emerged, that part of the level is fast pace, lots of turning. The boss of that level have multiple drone like turrets of sort flying around its core.
That's everything i know. Please help me there thanks.
ah really need help on this 1

Pikachuusb

Jan 22, 2012
Pikachuusb said:
The 2nd game was for Commadore 64. It was close to Knight Games, but you tried to rescue the princess. I remember seeing a sword fight with a castle background. Then I think you can marry the princess that you rescue?
I amazingly came across this one, Its Called Defender of the Crown, There was also a "sequel" Defender of the Crown 2, but it looks exactly like the original Defender of the Crown with updated graphics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_of_the_Crown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kk9UfFEYvM

Now to hopefully find the 1st game.....

The 1st game is a spy/detective(??) game that came out maybe early 90s(?) you could sign up for emails or phone calls from the company. If I'm not mistaken the box was large like a board game?

**edit** after much searching, I believe the 1st game I was searching for was Majestic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_(video_game)
http://www.media-ecology.org/publications/MEA_proceedings/v3/Hey03.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcTDMYq3xCw

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
I just remembered one, or more appropriately, don't remember one from my childhood.

Used to play this at a guy (not a friend, only visited him a few times) on his SNES. It's been a game which had both a Doom-like 3D section, set in an open world full of void and random encounters, and a solid 2D sidescroller "fighter" section, where you could see your character (some barbarian kinda guy, reminded me of a blonde Conan but my memory might trick me on this) fighting his way through an assortment of little and big enemies.

One of the weirdest things in the game was that the 3D "world" section had a teleporter in each bigger part, and it was a pain in the ass to find out how it worked. We figured it was operated by standing in a circle or something and then we had to keep continually turning right or left... Yeah, weird. I also remember that part of the world map was only available if you went through a rocky mountain-like 2D environment.

Anyone remember this? I'm curious about the name for this, want to see if it was really as good as I remember.

BushMonstar

Jan 25, 2012
Seeing this encouraged me to actually go and try and find some games that I remember playing from a long time ago.

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Connor Tully said:
I hope someone can help with this game ( I'm getting annoyed not knowing the name)
Before you started a match you'd choose a character, every character had their own vehicle. 2 I specifically remember are a girl in a pilot hat driving a tank and a pale man driving a hover craft type boat. In a level you would pick up weapons to damage other drivers. You could get freeze rays, shrink rays (I THINK) and boxing gloves. Those are just some examples. I also remember 2 maps. One was a western type desert village with sandstorms where you could drop a 1 ton weight on people and the other was a space map where you could launch into space before being brought back to the planet. This game was co-op (not sure if it was 2-4). It was ridiculously great for me in my childhood and I'd really appreciate it if someone could get me some help on it.

Edit: I also believe it was a PS2 game or Xbox original game. Again any reply would be greatly appreciated
I think that would be Cel Damage Overdrive?