Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

killer6699

Jan 25, 2012
Ok guys, here's one. It was for the PS1 I remember you were walking around in a school. I think you were maybe trying not to get caught? for some strange reason I think it involved Looney Tunes, but I've already looked up all Looney Tunes games for the PS1.

Ryan Goldman

Jan 25, 2012
Hey I happened upon this thread through a Google search and I have scrolled through every page with no luck.

The game I am thinking of I remember playing on a PC. It was a downloaded game, for free. Multiplayer, turn based. There was a lobby, and you could join games of different ranks. The object was to launch different missiles or attacks at the other team to destroy them. The graphics were fun and awesome, almost cute, japanese style. I can almost remember the music as I would whistle it after playing it for long enough lmao.
There were different levels like dirt and grass and rocks etc. The surfaces or land you were on could also be destroyed by the attacks youd launch.
To be more clear youd pick an angle and click to use X amount of power. Wind speeds would cause the weapon to curve etc etc.
An example of a weapon is one of them would launch 3 timed bombs and theyd roll around where they landed. That one would be good if the player was in a ditch created by a previous attack as the 3 would gather and all explode.

Any ideas??

EDIT: I SOMEHOW FIGURED IT OUT! Gunbound for anyone curious.

Nogitec

Jan 25, 2012
Hi!
First sry about my bad english but i hope someone atleast undestand me.

Ok this was game what i was playing when i was kid in pc. It was turn based strategy american football game (with aliens and playground was in space i think). Each turn u did controll ur players (aliens) and there was many differedn alien types with differend abilities. Some were faster and some were stronger etc etc. The idea was to get this litlle blue ball (wich was running by himself sometimes and probably clearest thing i remember about that game. :D ) to enemy goal. Oh i also remember ur players could get injured during the game and they was not able to play with it. I hope someone understands atleast something and remembers the name of that mystery game. :)

karluz

Jan 21, 2012
AncientGamer1 said:
Ok, i need help on a few games.

1. The first game is as far as i recall, a 1st person adventure game. I played it somewhere around 1998-2002. I can't remember much, but you play the role of a dinosaur. You also have an inventory and one of the items you find is an egg. I also remember a bird's nest somewhere in the game.

2. The second game is a game my dad used to play a long time ago. The only thing i can remember is that you can fly a dragonfly in the game.

3. The last game i'm trying to find is in comparison a quite recent game. You are a biker and you need to find apples and you finish the level by reaching a flower.

Number 3 - Moto X for Ubuntu Linux

Dave Lewington

Jan 25, 2012
Ok I have an extremely vague memory of a game, It must've been in the mid to late 90's, back when I was probably no older than 6 or 7...

But all I can remember is that it was a first person perspective game (Can't remember if you were a man or in a tank or what...) and you were being talked to (Maybe directed) by a man who is visible through various windows dotted along your path through some kind of building.
Anyway, after a while of moving through this building (traversing various obstacles, I think), through the intercom you hear noises and the man watching you through the window is killed by some alien or creature, all this is visible through a window as stated earlier.

After that I think you continue outside the building, into the world... But my memory gets too hazy to recall...

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated as these memories have been bugging me lately and I want to know what the game was!

The game was called Defiance, made in 1997!!

Thanks anyway,
Dave.

sirius

Jan 25, 2012
i remeber the main base were made from a truck and some soldiers and then u continue building from that base,i remember it was a mission about D-Day please help

AncientGamer1

Jan 24, 2012
karluz said:
AncientGamer1 said:

1. The first game is as far as i recall, a 1st person adventure game. I played it somewhere around 1998-2002. I can't remember much, but you play the role of a dinosaur. You also have an inventory and one of the items you find is an egg. I also remember a bird's nest somewhere in the game.

2. The second game is a game my dad used to play a long time ago. The only thing i can remember is that you can fly a dragonfly in the game.

3. The last game i'm trying to find is in comparison a quite recent game. You are a biker and you need to find apples and you finish the level by reaching a flower.

Nope, looks almost identical, but it's not for linux and it a bit older. Also, in the game the graphics were quite bad, and when the biker turns around, it looks like he's made of paper.

This may be wrong, but i think on the menu screen the background was green. There was also a level editor.

famer

Jan 25, 2012
AncientGamer1 said:
karluz said:
AncientGamer1 said:

Nope, looks almost identical, but it's not for linux and it a bit older. Also, in the game the graphics were quite bad, and when the biker turns around, it looks like he's made of paper.

This may be wrong, but i think on the menu screen the background was green. There was also a level editor.
Elasto Mania

Gibboniser

Jan 9, 2011
An old racing game,, played it about 10 years ago I think, it was for pc and ps1. all I can remember was being able to choose a police car, and this one map, err, it had a high cliff, jungle bit, and I think there was a volcano in there somewhere.

AncientGamer1

Jan 24, 2012
famer said:
AncientGamer1 said:
karluz said:
AncientGamer1 said:

Elasto Mania
Yep! That's it! Thanks alot :)

karluz

Jan 21, 2012
Hi.

Another game i'm looking for is a beat'em up from 1995/96 that I played in the arcades.
We had 3 or 4 chars to choose from like ninjas. And I remember that one was a female that had one special trick that was like a piroet with her arms and legs in flames and another char was a black dude with a big body that had a special trick that was like a head strike like Honda in Street Fighter.

bottlenose93

Jan 25, 2012
I can't remember this game that use to be on a playstation 2 demo disk. It began with a clip of people dancing around a giant cauldron and eventually revealing a giant pink monster, it would then show a clip of a young person in a house who then leaves while a village party is going on, but the town is destroyed. The young person wakes up and their village has vanished. The young person has to go through caves and defeat enemies to get parts of his town back and build it again.

Please help!

nic162206

Jan 25, 2012
OH K here goes this may be the most vague description but its all I got, it was a Playstation one game for sure, it was an early game aswell to help narrow the search, i never beat the first level and threw this game away 13 years ago, Im fairly sure you were a white chick in a black bikini riding around in a hovercraft and shooting alien spiders, the ground around you was black and red from some kind of nano virus takeover or something and im fairly sure in that level you were looking for a train or something for a doctor to do research for him that part im unclear on, but deff a virus takeover and a hovercraft that you drove around in on the first level PLEASE PUT AN END TO MY SUFFERING

killer6699

Jan 25, 2012
nic162206 said:
OH K here goes this may be the most vague description but its all I got, it was a Playstation one game for sure, it was an early game aswell to help narrow the search, i never beat the first level and threw this game away 13 years ago, Im fairly sure you were a white chick in a black bikini riding around in a hovercraft and shooting alien spiders, the ground around you was black and red from some kind of nano virus takeover or something and im fairly sure in that level you were looking for a train or something for a doctor to do research for him that part im unclear on, but deff a virus takeover and a hovercraft that you drove around in on the first level PLEASE PUT AN END TO MY SUFFERING
Descent Maximum? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izv26P8J5s0

nic162206

Jan 25, 2012
thats very close but its more of a third person shooter you can see the girl inside the hovercraft as you drive it around

killer6699

Jan 25, 2012
nic162206 said:
thats very close but its more of a third person shooter you can see the girl inside the hovercraft as you drive it around
How about Machine Head, it is the same as you described but first person. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWODCOSsfhA

Nogitec

Jan 25, 2012
Nogitec said:
Hi!
First sry about my bad english but i hope someone atleast undestand me.

Ok this was game what i was playing when i was kid in pc. It was turn based strategy american football game (with aliens and playground was in space i think). Each turn u did controll ur players (aliens) and there was many differedn alien types with differend abilities. Some were faster and some were stronger etc etc. The idea was to get this litlle blue ball (wich was running by himself sometimes and probably clearest thing i remember about that game. :D ) to enemy goal. Oh i also remember ur players could get injured during the game and they was not able to play with it. I hope someone understands atleast something and remembers the name of that mystery game. :)
Found it!
It was Crush! Deluxe
Ty for all anyway. :) Keep up the good work

Jan 26, 2012
I remember playing a game on Playstation 2. It was a fantasy game, and i seem to remember there being about three classes to pick from. There was a rogue-ish class [maybe a woman?] who could step into shadows and become invisible, cant remember the other two classes. You had to kill monsters, and i vaguely recall the disc box having a somewhat red cover.
Cannot for the life of me remember what it was called, but i think i got it about 2004/2005 if that's any help?

Any ideas? :)

PsychoRacoon

Jan 26, 2012
I think u might mean The Adventures Of Alundra... Note, there's 2 alundra games that r completely different so make sure u look for Alundra 1, not 2.