Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Sepehr Nrzd said:
I remember playing a PC strategy game in the early 2000s, based on tanks.

You had a building that constantly spawned tanks, and you could control them. The enemy had the same. The tanks could destroy each other, but not the buildings. Instead, "destroyed" buildings were converted to your side.

You also had some special powers, such as spawning turrets and calling in a dropship to drop some tanks at a specific point.

The main building had a UFO thingy floating over it, and it spawned tanks CONSTANTLY. I mean you didn't even have to tell it to spawn them. The types of tanks I remember are a tank with a short barrel, and a tank with a long one. The graphics were nice and smooth, and the gameplay was real time, rather than turn based.

Don't have a clue about what it was called. But it was a nice game. Does anyone know its name?
State of War. It's indeed quite nice.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Bear32b said:
there is two games i want to know the title of
1)A ps2 game to where there is this girl you run around as and basically you throw cards and you can steer them as they spin to the ground, but monsters would pop out of them... goblins...ect, you could also use certain cards to transform into monsters, the one i remember is a demon dog thing and you could shhot fireballs and stuff, you could also throw cards where u can choose one of their attacks like one was a mammoth looking thing by hitting x or o for a stomp or a flail and it is NOT yu-gi-oh! can anyone help?
This sounds like Lost Kingdoms, which was only for the Gamecube. If you're positive it was on the PS2, then I can't help you there.

Pee-SeeData

Feb 5, 2012
Bear32b said:
1)A ps2 game to where there is this girl you run around as and basically you throw cards and you can steer them as they spin to the ground, but monsters would pop out of them... goblins...ect, you could also use certain cards to transform into monsters, the one i remember is a demon dog thing and you could shhot fireballs and stuff, you could also throw cards where u can choose one of their attacks like one was a mammoth looking thing by hitting x or o for a stomp or a flail and it is NOT yu-gi-oh! can anyone help?

2)another ps2 game a racing battling game, you i remember you get thrown into an arena race around and try to pick up power ups while trying to shoot the other people up and survive i remember only two characters, one was a guy with a blue motorcycle dressed in white and blue also another motorcyclist except in red any help?
Not Gauntlet. Both were single player games with real people playing the people inside the game.
The lead was given instructions on what was going on inside the house, her 'mission' was to enter the house and subdue the ' bad guys' within a time frame. The 'bad guy's' were running
an operation from the basement- they would come upstairs in-order to capture the other women. There was one 'famous' scene that got the game in trouble, when in the bathroom, one woman only had a slip on and the guy comes from behind a door and grabs her from behind with his long hook device and pushes her through the revolving wall mirror ( The old revolving mirror trick) - Made a big scandal at the time.

The second one starts with walking into a hall, at the end is a platform with staircases. Up each staircase stands a harp on one and 'something similar on the opposite side. Game, single player has to do with figuring-out the notes or sequence of notes or chords in-order to move on.

Please advise. Tnx.

Coller

Oct 4, 2010
Bear32b said:

2)another ps2 game a racing battling game, you i remember you get thrown into an arena race around and try to pick up power ups while trying to shoot the other people up and survive i remember only two characters, one was a guy with a blue motorcycle dressed in white and blue also another motorcyclist except in red any help?
for no.2 the only thing i can think of would be twisted metal black.

Addiosamigo

Feb 6, 2012
Hi guys I came across this thread by accident. I'm looking for a play station 1 game , it had little pill men, you used blocks to build weapons such as guns, tanks etc and it had a lot of swearing in it! The aim of the game was to destroy all the enemy pill men. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Surplu

Feb 6, 2012
A total stab in the dark this one. I played this around '95 or something, not too sure though! It came on an old demo disc which my dad used to bring home every now and then.

It was a third person shooter, the main character - from what I remember - was wearing all black (sort of like a leather suit). I remember if you hit the spacebar twice he would open an odd looking parachute to glide. The parachute I speak of had huge gaps in it but was cool looking.

Later on through the game you encounter typical enemies and sometimes turrets, and on the demo there was a tank which you had to destroy.

I'm sorry there's not much to go on!

Coller

Oct 4, 2010
Surplu said:
A total stab in the dark this one. I played this around '95 or something, not too sure though! It came on an old demo disc which my dad used to bring home every now and then.

It was a third person shooter, the main character - from what I remember - was wearing all black (sort of like a leather suit). I remember if you hit the spacebar twice he would open an odd looking parachute to glide. The parachute I speak of had huge gaps in it but was cool looking.

Later on through the game you encounter typical enemies and sometimes turrets, and on the demo there was a tank which you had to destroy.

sounds like MDK
http://www.itusozluk.com/image/mdk_142858.jpg

Pee-SeeData

Feb 5, 2012
Not Gauntlet. Both were single player games with real people playing the people inside the game.
The lead was given instructions on what was going on inside the house, her 'mission' was to enter the house and subdue the ' bad guys' within a time frame. The 'bad guy's' were running
an operation from the basement- they would come upstairs in-order to capture the other women. There was one 'famous' scene that got the game in trouble, when in the bathroom, one woman only had a slip on and the guy comes from behind a door and grabs her from behind with his long hook device and pushes her through the revolving wall mirror ( The old revolving mirror trick) - Made a big scandal at the time.

The second one starts with walking into a hall, at the end is a platform with staircases. Up each staircase stands a harp on one and 'something similar on the opposite side. Game, single player has to do with figuring-out the notes or sequence of notes or chords in-order to move on.

Please advise. Tnx.

azzytcp

Feb 6, 2012
Hello! I'm trying to find a game too.

It came on this Windows95 CD, it was a turn based online warfare game. You'd control tanks and soldiers in an Advance Wars kind of thing. Each turn they could move a certain amount of blocks. You could capture cities which would generate income every turn. I think there were mines or factories, can't quite remember.
You'd conquer these cities and then could place units inside and upgrade the city itself.

You had tanks, foot soldiers, trucks, I think...

Graphics wise, it was mostly top down. The cities were a single block. It is very old so graphics were made of bright colors. Maybe it had to do with war, tanks, commando or commander. I think there was a number there too.

Anyone can help?

xXNurbsXx

Feb 6, 2012
Fellow Gamers,

I need help finding out the name of this game please.

It's a airplane racing game for the computer. I remember playing this one level that seemed like a canyon of some sort. Each plane had it's own set of skills like Speed, Durability, etc,etc,etc. While playing, you also had the chance to get these "power ups". With these specials, you could knock off who ever, or gain speed. Just like the Mario Kart series.

I just don't remember the name of this game. It was during the late 90's, early 2000's.

Crimson Skies is not a racing game so that is one less tittle. It was a fun non-violent game. Thanks. :)

Surplu

Feb 6, 2012
Coller said:
Surplu said:

sounds like MDK
http://www.itusozluk.com/image/mdk_142858.jpg
You absolute legend! And better yet I found out this is now freeware! Thank you very much!

KLicK1112

Feb 6, 2012
There was an old game that I used to play on windows xp. It was a isometric rts where you could build castles and stuff. I remember the company logo was a star with some gears and stuff spinning. The disc came with like 100 really dum games, but this game was awsome. I've been looking forever but I can't seem to find any record of it.

Coller

Oct 4, 2010
I had a game on the sega genesis once, it was a side scrolling platformer/adventure game, kind of like castlevania, I recall you could pick from a few classes (ones I recall were warrior and mage, although there might have been more). The levels had bosses at the end of each, if i'm not mistaken, they were usually satanic-like. the first level i believe was around a mountain with some lava.

Carl00456

Feb 4, 2012
I had a game on a blank disk without a name on it :/ I remember the game was an rpg (on ps1??? Or ps2 but I doubt that). The main characters were a boy and girls and you started in a town with a stone bridge. It was a high angle view (like pokemon view) and the characters were 2d. I remember that you met up with a man on the bridge and set out on an adventure with the girl. Some of the locations you came across were: ruins, caves, and a haunted boat.
One cutscene was about the boy mopping on the boat when it was day. I also remember kind of roman soldiers in the ruins.
One of the attacks the boy had was a flame attack. It was a classic turn based attack system.

Please tell me the name of this game, I've been searching for years.

sethgecko83

Feb 6, 2012
Hello!
I just found this thread by accident. I am looking for an old game which I played perhaps 20 years ago.
The player has the character of a frog and needs to find the exit of a castle or oubliette or something like this. When the frog moves the monsters make one move as well. I think there were squares and the frog (the player) could jump from one square to a neighboring square just like the monster. Beginning around level 5 the monsters could breed. So every four or five moves that the frog does (roughly), the monster reproduces a "monster child".
The monsters always take the nearest way to where the frog is actually located. The player can reduce the monsters by attracting them into the fire (as they always take the nearest way).

Does anybody know this game?

mgmd

Feb 7, 2012
So, this has been driving me crazy for YEARS ......

It was a PC game from maybe early 90's. Just like Johnny Mnemonic story line. The hero smuggles data in his head, but can't get this particular data out. You have to help him get it out before it explodes. I believe it has some FPS in it. I specifically remember this one scene/puzzle where you had to solve something related to a Bodhi tree and there was this Buddha there talking to you.

I am NOT thinking of Neuromancer. this game came out after. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Birdman1604

Sep 3, 2009
Coller said:
I had a game on the sega genesis once, it was a side scrolling platformer/adventure game, kind of like castlevania, I recall you could pick from a few classes (ones I recall were warrior and mage, although there might have been more). The levels had bosses at the end of each, if i'm not mistaken, they were usually satanic-like. the first level i believe was around a mountain with some lava.
Golden Axe?

thatswhatsup

Feb 7, 2012
Hi guys, I m desperately looking for a game.. I think it was on n64 but it could have been dreamcast or playstation. It s similar to Pokemon snap, you take pictures and you can also shoot something, from what I remember you re mostly on a boat and you have to collect pictures and other things possibly animals, but NOT ghosts. I have little else to go on, if you know PM me or respond, thank you so much! It s totally driving me crazy.

Coller

Oct 4, 2010
Birdman1604 said:
Coller said:
Golden Axe?
Nope, it's just a side scroller, no up or down movement other than jumps, and as far as i remember, golden axe didn't have a wizard.

Alexander Tsekot

Feb 7, 2012
Hello there this is a great topic! I am also looking for an old game, I played it off a compilation disk that had some great games on it like Take no Prisoners , sadly there is not much to go on but here are the things that i do remember about it, maybe someone can help :)

-Top down perspective (like GTA2)
-Fantasy genre
-Hack and slash
-several character classes (memory is fuzzy here, I played as kind of ranged mage/paladin thing)

(the next few i'm not too sure of)

-you could charge an 'ultimate move'
-there were quite a few giant monsters/bosses to fight
-from what i remember most of it took place in a sewer, or in some kind of underground complex

oh and it was on the PC :)