Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Ch0cc0p0pps

Mar 3, 2012
Hi there.. I Need some help with a game i played a few years back.i think it was for PS2 but not sure.

The game is about a guy with a brownish coat and he runs around in asia i think it was, China or something like that. and you could learn to fight if you went to a dojo and if you was bored you could just run around the city and play minigames and earn money remeber i played pachinko alot in this game.. want to play this game again. cant realy remeber the story in the game but you could fight gangs and play minigames and earn some cash. oh yeah you saw the charakter from behind like you do in GTA4 and the game was like that but you couldent steel cars^^ PLS help me with this.

Matthew Winegard

Feb 26, 2012
StriderShinryu said:
That would likely be Lufia. The sequel, also a great title, actually hsa you playing the full adventure of the group you play at the end of the first game.
I'm pretty sure that is it. I have been trying to figure it out for years! Thanks!

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
Ch0cc0p0pps said:
Hi there.. I Need some help with a game i played a few years back.i think it was for PS2 but not sure.

The game is about a guy with a brownish coat and he runs around in asia i think it was, China or something like that. and you could learn to fight if you went to a dojo and if you was bored you could just run around the city and play minigames and earn money remeber i played pachinko alot in this game.. want to play this game again. cant realy remeber the story in the game but you could fight gangs and play minigames and earn some cash. oh yeah you saw the charakter from behind like you do in GTA4 and the game was like that but you couldent steel cars^^ PLS help me with this.
Looks like either Yakuza or Shenmue.

Note: Shenmue never appeared on the PS2.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
GuyWithChainsaw said:
When i was a kid, i played a platformer game about alien who stranded on the unknown planet. That planet had a blue grass and yellow sky(there was more than one planet but i never completed the first one), and alien had a tv with eyes on it instead of normal head. I remember there was a attack called "slap". On intro movie, alien play game named "Humanoid" that is parody of game "Arcanoid" or "Galaxian". The goal of the game was to collect gears and parts of your Spaceship.
I tried to find this game on my own but it ended in complete failure, so i hope you can help me. Thanks
Hmm. Some of it doesnt sound right to me, but I do remember two old games where you had to find parts of your spaceship. Cosmos Cosmic Adventure and Commander Keen. Though I think you were a human in Commander Keen....

Devan Cooper

Mar 5, 2012
So I've spent an hour using google-fu attempting to find a game I loved, to no avail. Basically it was a top-down shooter for pc made in the 90's. It takes place in a castle, and you make your way through levels killing hordes of zombies. Sometimes there would be large zombies, sometimes there would be boss fights. There were tons of power-ups, and you'd have to look for colored keys to open their corresponding door, as well as more between levels using stair cases. It was also not a very serious game. Halp?

sissah32

Mar 5, 2012
Okay, so I've been going through this thread looking for a reference to the game that's killing me - I can't find it for the life of me, so hopefully someone here remembers!

It was late 80s/early 90s, and I'm pretty sure it was played on our Amiga. You could play as a boy, girl or two types of alien and you were trying to fix your broken spaceship by walkking around the ship and finding 10 (I believe) green crystals. You could go up ladders, there were holes in the floor and had to avoid certain things (slime, aliens or something). I believe you had the ability to jump, though I don't remember you being able to fight. There was definitely one of those early computer voices.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated - the inability to remember this is driving me crazy! Thanks!!

DreadSkull

Mar 5, 2012
HELP! No but srsly, made an account just so i could get some help. There is this one game i cant recall nor find anywhere, it was this really old pc game i'd say 1990-2000 and it had 3D graphics similiar to that old 3D round shape thing as in the first games with round objects that were on Snes and N64.

So the game started with a man and woman riding on a same horse to some castle and there were monsters everywhere, when they got to the gates they were ambushed by some big monster. Then after that the game begins with you (the male character) being in shackles or something. Then some female voice comes in and frees you from the shackles with some sort of magic. Okay now that you were free the game play was kinda like Medievil but with more darker and bloodier graphics. You are without a weapon at first but you steal a sword from an orc blacksmith nearby. All i can remember from that game was that, and that it was hard and but something nostalgic was in it.... atleast for me. :)

So if u have any idea what this was, please reply. :D

GuyWithChainsaw

Feb 28, 2012
Devan Cooper said:
So I've spent an hour using google-fu attempting to find a game I loved, to no avail. Basically it was a top-down shooter for pc made in the 90's. It takes place in a castle, and you make your way through levels killing hordes of zombies. Sometimes there would be large zombies, sometimes there would be boss fights. There were tons of power-ups, and you'd have to look for colored keys to open their corresponding door, as well as more between levels using stair cases. It was also not a very serious game. Halp?
This sounds kinda like "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" but i am not sure

Shuky4

Mar 5, 2012
if anyone could help me ill be great-full the game i searching is very old.. its a spaceship game but not arcade/2d you play a spaceship witch destroys fling enemies when you destroy them you can get an upgrades for your guns as(your fire ammo is a blue orb)you can double your shoot or multiply it and you can also get an mini robot shooting machine that fling with you and shoot automatically and the first boss of the game is look like giant snake that pop out of volcano witch have a red eye and horns and he shoot pole of fire on you... pleas help me fined this game.. thank you!

lala95123

Mar 6, 2012
Tell me if you know the name, so its an oldish game 2006-2008 and you build this giant city & put down roads and you can talk to the people who move into the houses, rarely an alien comes down. It was a japenese game but it was in English, i never saw it in stores i got it from a flea market. Let me know if you know the name please

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
DreadSkull said:
HELP! No but srsly, made an account just so i could get some help. There is this one game i cant recall nor find anywhere, it was this really old pc game i'd say 1990-2000 and it had 3D graphics similiar to that old 3D round shape thing as in the first games with round objects that were on Snes and N64.

So the game started with a man and woman riding on a same horse to some castle and there were monsters everywhere, when they got to the gates they were ambushed by some big monster. Then after that the game begins with you (the male character) being in shackles or something. Then some female voice comes in and frees you from the shackles with some sort of magic. Okay now that you were free the game play was kinda like Medievil but with more darker and bloodier graphics. You are without a weapon at first but you steal a sword from an orc blacksmith nearby. All i can remember from that game was that, and that it was hard and but something nostalgic was in it.... atleast for me. :)
This is a real shot in the dark, but Ecstatica 2 maybe?

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
lala95123 said:
Tell me if you know the name, so its an oldish game 2006-2008 and you build this giant city & put down roads and you can talk to the people who move into the houses, rarely an alien comes down. It was a japenese game but it was in English, i never saw it in stores i got it from a flea market. Let me know if you know the name please
Might be Metropolismania; the sequel came out in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolismania

Kb_heart_max4ever

Mar 7, 2012
a video game about an indian kid fighting in a forest fantacy?
this game that I played in like the 90's early 2000's and it was this indian kid in like a forest with creatures and stuff and you can capture the creatures and mix them with other creatures and make your own is was sick and u had like this lil fairy girl u had to save I think..and yea it was pretty weird but I wanna find it so I can play it again. and the creatures may have been eggs first and then they hatch i don't really remember but it was cool and really long and there was a lot of funky flash back dream type things it was really mystical and stuff. oh and is was PlayStation 1 I played it on.

monkeyman32123

Mar 7, 2012
Ok, so, theres this game ive been looking for for 5 years. I played it back around 1998-2003, i dont remember what year exactly but it was somewhere in there. It was for PC, and it was very simple, as i remember it, but i only have vague memories. As i remember it, it was 2D sidescrolling and it had a battle mode. You were a small guy that could fly around the maps with a jetpack (he may have also had a weak gun, but im not positive). You could, however, find larger robot "mechs" that you could climb in and proceed to battle in. I cannot remember all of the details and not all of them may be accurate, but this has been bugging me for a long time and there isnt a night that goes by i dont long to remember the name of this wonderful game. I need peace of mind and if anyone can help me it'd be much appreciated. Thanks you.

PS, the game may have been an internet game but I doubt it, but i wouldnt rule it out as a possibility.

Eric Wellwerts

Mar 8, 2012
Does anyone remembe a game for either ps1 or n64 it was an arena style fighting game, was a goofy style of game where you chose a char from.a couple silly ones, and I rememberr one guy shot a giant controllable rocket

leaderproxima

Mar 1, 2012
I remember an old game i used to play when i was about 7 or 8. It was a pc game with basic graphics and a on screen d pad control. You had to find the correct items around an abandoned town to complete puzzles and find out what happened to the towns people. One wrong choice and you would lose.
Cannot for the life of me remember any large enough details to know what the games called or even look it up.