Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

oliverthepig

Mar 8, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I've been searching google for ages trying to find the name of a pc game I played in the early nineties.

You were a red ball or marble, it was a side scrolling platformer, you bounced around trying to find your way thru the levels. I played it on a 286 or 386 so the game may have been from the late eighties.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
oliverthepig said:
Hi Everyone,

I've been searching google for ages trying to find the name of a pc game I played in the early nineties.

You were a red ball or marble, it was a side scrolling platformer, you bounced around trying to find your way thru the levels. I played it on a 286 or 386 so the game may have been from the late eighties.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Err, Marble Madness?

But then, there have been a lot of imitators too, so it could be any one of those.

But it's not quite sidescrolling...hmm...actually, there -is- such a game on mobile phones. But I don't know the name of it. I remember playing it all right. :/

MarkofSamael

Mar 8, 2012
I know that you post this comment a year ago. But, I wanted to answer your question anyway. The game is Steel Harbinger. Hope this helps.

MarkofSamael

Mar 8, 2012
I know that you post this comment a year ago. But, I wanted to answer your question anyway. The game is Steel Harbinger. Hope this helps.

MarkofSamael

Mar 8, 2012
@Whatchamacallit
Original post:Hi guys!
I'm looking for an old PS1 game. Can't remember what year but you were playing a girl which was half human and half alien or robot. You had to walk around and kill aliens who had invaded earth. You also had to rescue humans that were still alive and hiding in buildings or something. I remember whenever she killed something you would collect the remaining body parts to gain energy...

Any ideas??

Answer: Steel Harbinger

SindriN

Mar 9, 2012
This one might be hard to crack, but I've never been able to find this game again.

It was a fighting game on the PS1 with a big emphasis on the storyline. It had, if I remember correctly sort of a Japanese looking graphics. What I remember most is that at the final boss, the guy that you play, stops his heart in order to trick the boss in to thinking that you're dead. I know it isn't much but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Edit - It was in 2D.

LucasTheCapriceGuy

Mar 10, 2012
Hi
I'm new here and I'm looking for names of two old games I played in the 90's on a computer
They were both car games
1 = this game was a car mayhem it was in some city it was not top down view i don't remember so much about it and the one thing i really do remember is a football field you can drive in to and run people over it was bloody so thats all about that one.
2 = this one is harder to remember it was a racing game only the cars big full size sedans or coupes in the game you can change the color tune the engine and stuff like that it was not top down view and i think you could pick the a character to be you driver.
Sorry I don't remember anything more but pleas help me I loved playing those games.

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
I used to play this game... God that sounds dumb.

It basically was 1-1 soccer in hover ship things, it was dark, gritty and the vehicle/things looked a little like F 117 without wings. This was in about... 1994-96? I always remember the game, and how my friend would howl GOAL! Every time we got, well a goal. and the upgrade system.

Ahhh memories.

GuyWithChainsaw

Feb 28, 2012
enapos said:
PLEASE help me ! i'm looking for this game and i'm sure some of u know which one it is.

i remember not having os x yet and the game was freely delivered with the mac software which i guess was mac os 9 .. or 8

anyway; it was a third-person shooter and u had to shoot kind of robots. the terrain was all like in space or in spaceships

BUT the most special thing about the game was the main character ! he had a really long spiky head ! ( or at least the helmet he wore )

i think there was also the possibility to play as a dog...

and the use of a parachute was needed from time to time ..

thats all I can remember, but i'm sure u guys know of what game i'm talking about ;) ( it shouldn't be that difficult since the game couldn't be that old ! )

anyway, thx to anybody who could help me with this :)

bye
I think it's "MDK"

GavHan1992

Mar 10, 2012
I have a game, it was for ps1, it was a racing game but kinda futuristic, each car had a weapon built into it , some if not most of the cars locked on, the lock on was like blue squares that went or red when it locked, you could upgrade your cars weapons and speed and shit or you could buy a new car, in the end of the game, or from what i remember getting upto when you race/kill/beatt the last guy you win and then you get put back in jail anyway and it ends, i cant remember too much about it though, i remember you started with cars with wheels and some cars were big and heavy, some were small, and then there were some hover cars too, no clue what it was called,

another game was a dungeon crawler and its for pc, its old and the dungeons were randomly generated, from memory the area you hadnt been was all just pure white and you could see like paved sections and walls and stuff when you got close enough to them, going through dungeons you get spells that you can kill monsters with and it would say what happens down the bottom, like so and so hits goblin with fire bolt for 20, if you got cursed gear you couldnt take it off or something like that, but yea thats all the info i can remember

EDIT: i found the 2nd game it was called Castle of Winds.

hwd

Mar 10, 2012
Hey, I'm looking for the name of a game that's for both Mac and PC. It was released sometime towards the end of the 90s. It was a space shooter, arcade-style and was Asteroids-like. 'Cept you had to shoot enemies which were green blobs and the tougher brown blobs. Your spacecraft could be upgraded with guitar powerups, which is one of the few aspects I can remember.

In the description of the blob enemies it stated they were kamikaze or something.

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
LucasTheCapriceGuy said:
Hi
I'm new here and I'm looking for names of two old games I played in the 90's on a computer
They were both car games
1 = this game was a car mayhem it was in some city it was not top down view i don't remember so much about it and the one thing i really do remember is a football field you can drive in to and run people over it was bloody so thats all about that one.
2 = this one is harder to remember it was a racing game only the cars big full size sedans or coupes in the game you can change the color tune the engine and stuff like that it was not top down view and i think you could pick the a character to be you driver.
Sorry I don't remember anything more but pleas help me I loved playing those games.
Number 1 looks like Carmageddon.
Don't really know number 2. Only thing i can think of for it is Need For Speed.

teateacincincin

Mar 11, 2012
Please help xD i cannot find this game for a long time...so i think that the name of the game had edibo or ediboy in it something like that and the desktop icon was like a green ball or something and you played a little yellow boy who had a robot dog...you had to go in some places or worlds i think that you collect something and then you like defeat a robot on each place :pP ? i think the things you collected were like some balls (they looked the same as the desktop icon) and your friend was some kind of an i think fat robot bee ? :p this is all i remember but heeeelp please :p

debra_ beretta

Sep 8, 2010
Kb_heart_max4ever said:
a video game about an indian kid fighting in a forest fantacy?
this game that I played in like the 90's early 2000's and it was this indian kid in like a forest with creatures and stuff and you can capture the creatures and mix them with other creatures and make your own is was sick and u had like this lil fairy girl u had to save I think..and yea it was pretty weird but I wanna find it so I can play it again. and the creatures may have been eggs first and then they hatch i don't really remember but it was cool and really long and there was a lot of funky flash back dream type things it was really mystical and stuff. oh and is was PlayStation 1 I played it on.
Jade Cocoon?

joejoe8151

Mar 11, 2012
I remember a PC game I played when I was real little. Can't remember if it was a floppy or CD-Rom, but it was a 3rd Person dinosaur game set in this open island world. There were a few different types of ecosystems like swamp areas, volcanic areas, etc. If I remember correctly, you ran around collecting eggs from little nests. It was kind of a dark game, as in the world was usually pretty foggy (I'm assuming this was because of rendering issues since the world was pretty big) and dark. There were a few other dinosaurs; I remember running into a Dilophosaurus, but can't remember any of the others. If anyone remembers, I'd love to play this thing again. I LOVED it as a kid, but I can't find the damn game anywhere -_-

Meghan Luttrell

Mar 12, 2012
I remember when I was a kid, playing this computer game, where you went to this house, and it was owned by different animals, and they played games with you; like checkers, chess, there was a baking game where you could make your own cakes and reversi. I know that there were at least four animals, one was a female, one was a dog, and one was a rabbit. I dont know if anyone else played this game, but it was pretty iconic for me haha

mr.samd

Mar 12, 2012
It was an old pc game, must be at least 10 years old now
It was a general platform game with two hunchbacked troll/ogres, one green, one blue
When you jumped you hit the floor above you, killing the opponent
It is a bit of a rip off of Mario, it even had a 'POW' but in this it was called 'TNT'
I 'think' the name was 'head' related e.g. headbut or headach but i could be wrong
Please help
Cheers

GAMIE64

Dec 13, 2009
Ok, i've got two games i need discovered...

The first is an old (PC?) game. I played it as a kid.
There's this robocop-like character, and you can have conversations.
One of the first one is wit a stately looking robed fish-guy.
You have some sort of emotion-slider, with which you can change the tone of the answers you give during conversations.
When you anger the fish-man, he will pul out mini guns from under his robes and shoot you.

The second is an RTS-rpg pc-game.
You pick a race, and try to conquer the galaxy and other races.
You can build on planets, but only a few types of structures.
You van converse with other races, and you cane make them angry at you, or make friends.
It's NOT spore! It's really old, too. It is reminiscent of spore though, but without the customizable races.
There where lave-cored monsters, some white squid-jellyfish type thing...

please, I'm going crazy searching for them. Especially the first!

edit:
Remembered another one.
This third one is about a cat with domino bricks you can push. The bricks are as big as the cat itself, and mostly yellow.