Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Khior

Oct 2, 2013
It was an RTS, a bit after the 2000, but don't take that for sure.
It was fantasy theme, but there were some "out-of-place" elements, like modern airplanes crashed it the background for example.
It was bound to be a trilogy, even though i'm not sure if they made only the first "episode" (part of my curiosity is to find it out).

I can't remember very well the details, i only remember that it ended with Atlantis drowning for some sort of magic mechanism..

For the love of everything is dear google isn't helping, and even scrolling all RTS chronology didn't ring a bell

Any clue?

Dark Lantern

Jul 26, 2013
Does anyone recognise this game?
It's definitely a Nippon Ichi game. I initially thought it may be one of the Disgaea games, alas it's not.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

HeatSir

Oct 2, 2013
So its not a really old game. I have a list of games I'd love to find again, but I'll start with this one. Its an online Flash game, there are various little "men" or alien guys that place among the battle field. Each of the little guys has a different abliity. It is kind of like the game Tanks, but will little wierd looking people. Anyone remember this game? The idea was to defeaft the other teams placed people. I wish I could remember more about it. Thanks to anyone for the help. As someone who has been playing games for as long as I can remember I will try my best to contribute to this site.

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Dark Lantern said:
Does anyone recognise this game?
It's definitely a Nippon Ichi game. I initially thought it may be one of the Disgaea games, alas it's not.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Soul Nomad

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
HeatSir said:
So its not a really old game. I have a list of games I'd love to find again, but I'll start with this one. Its an online Flash game, there are various little "men" or alien guys that place among the battle field. Each of the little guys has a different abliity. It is kind of like the game Tanks, but will little wierd looking people. Anyone remember this game? The idea was to defeaft the other teams placed people. I wish I could remember more about it. Thanks to anyone for the help. As someone who has been playing games for as long as I can remember I will try my best to contribute to this site.
Gunbound?

Xaquery

Oct 2, 2013
There's a game I used to play as a little kid that involved something like "Mages and Princes, or Princes and mages" or something like that. It was for Windows and you started off as a knight or with like "green" armor and you could upgrade your armor to different colors (to increase stats i think) and you could recruit guys to come around with you (if I remember correctly). This was in the mid 90s. I think you had to fight a giant to rescue someone in the first level.

Chris Esquibel

Sep 29, 2013
Chris Esquibel said:
Format: RTS or TBS... Poooosssibly RPG
Platform: PC
Release date: 2002-2004

I remember playing a beautiful game with graphics VERY similar to Age of Wonders, but the big difference is that don't believe I ever had to manage unit production. In this game, your Mage/wizard/whatever would wonder around the terrain (top-view) fighting others wizards/mages/whatever.

The thing that stands out most to me is that the nature/elemental class could summon some kind of tree or dryad. The unit started out very weak, but if it reached a certain amount of experience, it was became the strongest.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Lil help?

Crystal Nightshadow

Oct 3, 2013
Ok so I played this game a few years bavk with the game boy advance sp was the best thing. Im not sure if its a zelda game. But all I remember is I was trying to kill a bat that just flew in cirxlea in this one room but I couldnt till I use a fire bow to hit it. Onceit died a door opened. And thats all I really remember about it. It played like a zelda game but I dont think it was. There was also like a city in the desert and a few giant scorpions too. If any one could tell me the name id love you for ever.

Raki

Oct 3, 2013
I have one for you guys. What I remember of the game is it was a medieval setting. You played a novice wizard/alchemist type character who's name I think was merlin. The game has absolutely no action to it. It's basically a story line and a puzzle. You go to different "scenes" to find clues and items that progress the story. I THINK there was a dragon involved as well as some machine you were making. The graphics were very cartoony and there was voice acting. If I remember correctly your voice almost had a british accent. It remind me of playing a cartoon and the animation looked like something out of Dragon's Lair. Since it has voice acting I assume it was at least Psone era.

Anyone remember such a game?

RagDMezzegis

Oct 3, 2013
Hello. I am trying to remember the name of an old pc game.
you played as a mercenary space pilot and hd to do missions in order to upgrade your ship. later on you had to travell to another star system and had to configure all power to engines. you had a face disguise so you could do missions in the other system and i believe you were trying to find someone. After all the missions you warped to another system and there the game ended.

it was a very old game and it had 3 parts. the first one was for free. the 2nd and 3rd u had to buy.
N ever played 2 or 3 but i hope that by now all 3 parts can be found somewhere.. but i do not remember the name :-(

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Raki said:
I have one for you guys. What I remember of the game is it was a medieval setting. You played a novice wizard/alchemist type character who's name I think was merlin. The game has absolutely no action to it. It's basically a story line and a puzzle. You go to different "scenes" to find clues and items that progress the story. I THINK there was a dragon involved as well as some machine you were making. The graphics were very cartoony and there was voice acting. If I remember correctly your voice almost had a british accent. It remind me of playing a cartoon and the animation looked like something out of Dragon's Lair. Since it has voice acting I assume it was at least Psone era.

Anyone remember such a game?
The British-ness, cartoony graphics, and the dragon suggest that it could be the first Discworld game.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
There's a Sega Genesis RPG I rented once as a kid, I recall almost nothing about it except that one of the early story missions has you go to a forest and fight kobolds. I honestly can't recall much else except that it was traditional top-down and I believe the combat was menu-driven but I'm not certain.

Ville Tarpila

Sep 30, 2013
Hey.

What is the name of game that i played when i was little boy. It started like you spawn middle of nowhere in the forest. You didnt have any memories about what the *** was going on but you found pocketknife next to you and you can cut small trees with it.

Idea of the game was find a way out. you were surrounded by big walls and area where you play was really big. There was some other people helping you and sellin/trading stuff that can help you. game was top perspective.

Hopefully somebody figure out what is the name of this game :) And sorry about bad english. It´s not my motherlanguage :)

Shishijin

Oct 3, 2013
There was this game where you play on different terrarain with animals each animal is faster in one of those terrarains racing game u can capture those animals and take them to the tournament or something i can't remember it please help me

Khior

Oct 2, 2013
Shaun Kennedy said:
There's a Sega Genesis RPG I rented once as a kid, I recall almost nothing about it except that one of the early story missions has you go to a forest and fight kobolds. I honestly can't recall much else except that it was traditional top-down and I believe the combat was menu-driven but I'm not certain.
Hmm.. shining force? (1 or 2).

It's not exactly kobolds if i remember right.. but it may be it :)

This is from shining force 2:

Zomb3h

Sep 8, 2013
Zomb3h said:
I joined this site just to get some kind of help with this game. I've been looking forever and I just can't find it. It was an old game for Windows 95, maybe 98. I played it on my grandpap's old 95 computer when I was little. I rmemeber alot of things about the game, but the more I search the more I get lost. It resembles the old Petz games or maybe Spore, but I know it's neither of those.

You like had this dog you could play with. You had like three breed choices. It started as a baby and had like three life stges and grew up over time. It never died though as far as I remember. The graphics were horrible though. The dogs were made out of like spheres and you could only have one dog at a time- until you wanted a new one then you deleted the old and got a new one. I know one choice was a poodle like dog- and another a brown dog.

There wasn't much to do. You had a few worlds to choose from to 'explore' one was a beach, another a field and another a party like room with odd pictures on the wall and balloons. o^o you could pop the ballons. There was constantly this airplane sound in the sky every once in awhile. The game was 3d like and the worlds were overly huge and glitched alot.

You had like limited stuff to do. I remember there being a ball, a bone of some kind and a flashlight for tricks? I wanna say you could make it do tricks but I dunno. But if you clicked on the dog you could drag and move it around and the lil balls that made it up came apart before coming back together when you dropped the dog.

Darkwolf

Sep 21, 2013
Darkwolf said:
I created an account here just for this thread.
I'm looking for a game I played a long time ago, but cant for the life of me remember the title of.

I came here after a google search, in that search it looked like someone else had made a description of a game that sounded similar to the one I am looking for.
The google link brought me to page 145 in this thread, but the post that brought me here was not there, and I am not very keen on going through 285 pages to find something that may or may not be there

Description of the game to the best of my ability.

I dont remember any specifics like company or release year, what I do remember is that it was a PC game

If I were to guess I could only give a timeframe, around 1990-2000, plus/minus a few years
I am fairly certain it was a windows game, not DOS, which could mean Win 95 or 98, but I cannot be completely sure.

I believe it was a side scroller type of game, but not sure, and I think you can choose loadout as well, and that you take off from a base of some sort.

You could choose aircrafts among most modern jet fighters, Harrier Jump Jet, F14.
The purpose is to attack enemy installations or bases, possibly aircraft too, but not sure

One thing that frustrated me was that as far as I understood I was supposed to be able to choose aircraft between missions, but somehow it never worked for me, I was only able to swap aircraft and certain intervals or if I lost the one I was flying.

Its not a flight simulator or a game in the Janes series of games.

Thats about all I can remember of it.

Pablose

Oct 1, 2013
Pablose said:
Hi guys!

I just saw this thread searching for the games I'm going to ask for and thought I had to register and ask to see if any of you knows which game I'm talking about.

I can't remember a lot, but here's my take:

- It was an old soccer/football game in which the teams were composed of animals. You could pick the team of the dogs, rabbits, cats, etc...
- I can't remember what device it was for, though :(
- I also remember you could do some kind of special kick in which the ball would catch fire. If you scored a goal with that, you ignited the goal (and sometimes the goalkeeper).
- Can't really remember a lot more... There were some different stadiums I think.

And now that I'm up to this, I can remember another game which I played lots of years ago on the PC (maybe 12 years ago or so).

My memory about it is very fuzzy, but maybe someone can guess the game I'm talking about.

The game I had was a demo, so I don't have much details either:

- I think the character you played was yellow.
- You could swim in the water (I believe you were at a beach or somewhere similar) but if you got too deep you were always eaten by piranhas or some kind of fish (red-coloured, i believe).
- I think in the demo you found some sort of alien ship or something like that.

That's all I can remember...

Hope some of you know these games and can help me out.

I will also try and give a hand to you if I can.

Thanks a lot!

Peter Andersen

Nov 15, 2010
Chris Esquibel said:
Chris Esquibel said:
Format: RTS or TBS... Poooosssibly RPG
Platform: PC
Release date: 2002-2004

I remember playing a beautiful game with graphics VERY similar to Age of Wonders, but the big difference is that don't believe I ever had to manage unit production. In this game, your Mage/wizard/whatever would wonder around the terrain (top-view) fighting others wizards/mages/whatever.

The thing that stands out most to me is that the nature/elemental class could summon some kind of tree or dryad. The unit started out very weak, but if it reached a certain amount of experience, it was became the strongest.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Lil help?
Majesty or Majesty 2?