Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I'm trying to find a game on the Sega Megdrive (Genesis). You played as a toy soldier who uses a key to kill his enemy's. The first level you fight a TV, all the other levels were just in a home enviroment like on book shelves and around a bath tub. That's all I can remember.

Daex

May 9, 2012
Nazulu said:
I'm trying to find a game on the Sega Megdrive (Genesis). You played as a toy soldier who uses a key to kill his enemy's. The first level you fight a TV, all the other levels were just in a home enviroment like on book shelves and around a bath tub. That's all I can remember.
Possibly Monsters In My Pocket for NES? You kinda grab the key at the beginning there and you can throw it to kill enemies.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Daex said:
Nazulu said:
Possibly Monsters In My Pocket for NES? You kinda grab the key at the beginning there and you can throw it to kill enemies.
That was interesting, thank you. Not what I'm looking for though.

I should've mentioned this game is 3D but still side-scrolling, I know it's on the Sega Genesis or Saturn.

Megan Boehm

May 10, 2012
Kayteg is definitely looking for "The American Girls Premiere". Had (have) that game, distinctly remember the "all the world's a stage" bit.

KotaMalice

May 10, 2012
Alright.. I just found this site, and noticed people still reply..
So I have a lost named game as well.
For the computer, around 1998-2000 or something.

In the game, you had a piece of land.. Circular for the most part.
And on this land, you could build generators, turrets, different helping things, and make the land bigger.. You fly around and destroy AI's that also had flying land..
I'm very bad at explaining, but that's the best I can do. :p

(I'm pretty sure the name started with a C.. but i could be wrong..)

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I once had a disc full of demoes for the PS1 and there was a game on there that I have spent years trying to find. My memory of it has faded quite badly but here's what I remember.
It was a side-scrolling platform game.
You played as a native american boy (Or another type of tribal people, I really can't remember)
You used a boomerang as a weapon and it could be either upgraded or replaced with a better one.
I seem to remember spiders being one of the enemy types but I might be confusing that with another game.
The game (Or at least the part that I played) took place in a kind of desert/plateau area. I distinctly remember the background looking like a plateau with canyons/mountains in the distance.

Thats all I can really remember. I hope someone knows it or its gonna haunt me for the rest of my days!

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
Hookman said:
I once had a disc full of demoes for the PS1 and there was a game on there that I have spent years trying to find. My memory of it has faded quite badly but here's what I remember.
You played as a native american boy (Or another type of tribal people, I really can't remember)
You used a boomerang as a weapon and it could be either upgraded or replaced with a better one.
I seem to remember spiders being one of the enemy types but I might be confusing that with another game.
The game (Or at least the part that I played) took place in a kind of desert/plateau area. I distinctly remember the background looking like a plateau with canyons/mountains in the distance.

Thats all I can really remember. I hope someone knows it or its gonna haunt me for the rest of my days!
Looks like it might be Tombi.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
DanteLives said:
Hookman said:

Looks like it might be Tombi.
Thanks, I think thats it. Don't know where I got the native american stuff from, probably got it confused with Brave.

KoltonM352

May 10, 2012
There is a game i remember playing when i was little....you were in this futuristic setting and there where like 5 motorcycle like cars...Red yellow blue purple and white i think...either way, you had a time limit to get the most points...you rode around collecting missles and shock bombs and stuff of that nature...and at the end...a timer came on and you had to race to the tube that sucked you up to safety..and i should mention that the bad thing that happens is these white tall waves of lightning come out of the walls and they move toward you. Please someone help me

abw3721

Nov 26, 2010
OK all, I've been trying to remember the name of a PC game I played when I was a kid. Here is what I can remember about it:

-Top down perspective, 2D, sprites

-Mercenary management sim/tactical combat. You had to recruit mercs, buy weapons, armor, and gear for missions. If you ran out of money you lost the game.

-The opening cinematic may have contained a visual pun/reference to Michael Jackson. (This game had a "zany" sense of humor.)

-During a dialogue with an NPC (a young kid), the NPC vomits profusely, accompanied by a very loud and gruesome vomit sound effect.

-There is a puzzle at one point involving a giant sentient venus fly trap.

Is this just the fabrication of a tortured mind, or is it all too real? Bonus points for screenshots, links to e-bay auctions, etc.

Lucas Beverly

May 10, 2012
There's a really old arcade game that I used to play all the time... it had a lot of jumping, random household items appearing as bad guys, you could be one of three characters at the beginning until you unlocked (walked into a phone booth) the fat guy, the tall skinny guy in the sweater, and the old man... if you touched the witch.. you would grab a hold of the broom and time would stop temporarily... bosses at the end like in all games, and light switches that triggered things (not just lights if I remember) to turn off and on... there was a library level that stands out to me the most where the main bad guys were refrigerators and lamp fixtures... please tell me someone knows the name of what I'm talking about

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
darkwingedrussia said:
well hello, was thinking about this game for a few days now but i just can't remember it's name.
It's a game on the PSone, the cover of the game is an E.T. looking a like creature holding a bottle with green liquid in it. It's a 2d game where you run around and enter gates, where you have to complete a challenge. I also remember a moment where you run away from dogs , the character also makes these strange noises. And it's a game where you can save whenever you want.
This is all I can tell you about this game, if you think you know what it is , please reply to my post thx =)
That sounds like one of the oddworld games to me. Looking it up, the PAL cover to Abe's Exodus fits your description; was it this?

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
hiimaninja said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out the name of this Arcade Cabinet game I played as a kid growing up. The cabinet was in a Sack N Save and it was a top down shooter, very raiden like but they had like 8- 12 characters/planes to choose from. every plane had a different pilot and different "super/overdrive" I specifically remember a ninja being one of the pilots and he would throw shurikens out of his plane. also there was a pilot that would do a flip with his plane as a super and drop bombs. its really bugging me i cant remember the name of the game! thanks in advance
Maybe one of the Aero Fighters games? I don't know if it had a ninja, but the series is famous for the crazy characters, one of which was a talking dolphin.
try_a_cohiba said:
Hello everybody,

I am searching for a reeeaaalllyyy old game. Hopefully you can help me anyways...
It was role play game in the late 80s, early 90s. I had it as 5 1/4 inch disc(s). It had an isometric view and the colors (ega graphcis; cga also available) where quite light yellow, beige. The setting was medieval.
In the beginning of the story you were a prisoner in a cell. Your figure was leaning against ethe table, with it's back to viewer. You could escape by moving a table. There was a mouse hole as well for some reason. Once outside you went to the south, south-east. After some time came a small stream/river with a bridge to the left. On that place where a tree as well. You could find an apple and a feather. If you went further to the left, there came some hills after a while...
It was no fluent graphics. Every scene hat it's own picture.

The box of the game had beige color as well.

I am looking for hours now and couldn't find it...

Thank's a lot for your help!
Is it one of the King's Quest games? I don't know if any of them open in a prison cell, but everything else you described is the early entries of the series to a T.

2dark4aura

May 10, 2012
It was realy long time ago when i last played it (7-10 years ago) so i basicly don't rembemer anything about that game. Back then i played it on windows 98 and i think it had graphic almost as good as red alert 2. It was a strategy game where you had to build a base and army. I remember that there were modern tanks, buggy's and something under the sand, somekind of worm or electrical thing that wanted to kill your soldier's and army before you reached the enemy.

My english is not very good so it's probably very difficult to understand what game i described.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
2dark4aura said:
It was realy long time ago when i last played it (7-10 years ago) so i basicly don't rembemer anything about that game. Back then i played it on windows 98 and i think it had graphic almost as good as red alert 2. It was a strategy game where you had to build a base and army. I remember that there were modern tanks, buggy's and something under the sand, somekind of worm or electrical thing that wanted to kill your soldier's and army before you reached the enemy.

My english is not very good so it's probably very difficult to understand what game i described.
That would almost definitely be Dune 2, the very first RTS, which Command and Conquer was the spiritual successor to.

darkwingedrussia

May 9, 2012
yep , thats the game man , thanks sooo much. I'll try to find it somewhere,because i still have my old PSone and i really want to play this game again. Again thx so much

Blobsy

May 11, 2012
I'm looking for the name of this very old PS1 game.

I don't remember much, but I do remember you were playing a robot, which could transform into a hovering vehicle. I think you could either play the game single or do co-op and maybe versus too, but I'm not sure about the last one.

The atmosphere was kind of dark and grim, and I remember a lot of smoke/fog. It kind of reminds me of the atmosphere you see in Batman games.

And that's about it, I hope you can help me.

Oh and also a second game.

It was a PC fighting game, featuring mecha robots. I think I had only a demo of that game. You could either do storymode or fight against your friends. I recall it the graphics were almost 3D-like, but definately 2D.

Blobsy

May 11, 2012
I think
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Okay, I can't remember this Adventure Title.

Firstly, it was on PC and it was a Point and Click Adventure. It had cartoony graphics and was about a boy who was turned into a monster, you had to fight one-eyed creatures and you stuffed everything in your pants...

What is it?
I think you mean Heart of Darkness.

Orr... maybe not, how can I delete a post?