Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Bw2Colour

May 3, 2012
So 1 game, a n64 game were you controled robots that go on water and you could get out of them and into another vehicle, I think one of the things you controlled was a robot spider.

RemixV4

May 11, 2008
I'd like to find an old game I used to play as a kid. Its got to be around 10 years old at least. It was a puzzle game for the PC. I think you played as an alien-like creature. I think this because he had a propeller on his head that you could use to fly over short gaps. I think the name of the games was that characters name too. The title screen is his name comprised of the levels blocks.

I beleive the aim was to get to the goal space, pushing blocks and melting ice and such to get there. Something tells me it started with "S" or "R". Any ideas?

Kayteg

May 4, 2012
There is this pc game I used to play like 10 years ago. It was a play writing/theater game.
You would write the play, make the stages and have the actors act out your play.
I can not for the life of me remember what it was called. I've wracked my brain and nothing.
Anyone else remember this game?

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Kayteg said:
There is this pc game I used to play like 10 years ago. It was a play writing/theater game.
You would write the play, make the stages and have the actors act out your play.
I can not for the life of me remember what it was called. I've wracked my brain and nothing.
Anyone else remember this game?
Could it be Windows 3d Movie maker?

kitty

Apr 22, 2012
Thank you! Found my game, Startopia!! I can't believe not many people know about it! I loved and still love it!

Kayteg

May 4, 2012
No. That's not it.

You only had so many characters to choose from and they pronounced almost every word wrong. And every time you would change their voice they would say "all the worlds a stage"

It like theater, stage or curtain in the title....

Janus_Zeal

Nov 30, 2011
Okay. I just spent an hour looking through pages trying to find an old game, and I'm gonna take my chances and post about it.

It was an old DOS game, at least 16-20ish years ago. You were in a house, and different members of the family that lived in the house would give you puzzles as you went from room to room. You had to progress through the house and get clues from each of them, and at the end of the game you had to correctly pick which one of them was... ... something? The rightful heir to a treasure? A good person? I don't remember that part exactly.

The puzzles were logic-based, and some of them used tricky wording. Some of them used math. ... That's about all I can think of at the moment.

I'll be amazed and grateful if anyone's able to help.

try_a_cohiba

May 5, 2012
Hello everybody,

I am searching for a reeeaaalllyyy old game. Hopefully you can help me anyways...
It was role play game in the late 80s, early 90s. I had it as 5 1/4 inch disc(s). It had an isometric view and the colors (ega graphcis; cga also available) where quite light yellow, beige. The setting was medieval.
In the beginning of the story you were a prisoner in a cell. Your figure was leaning against ethe table, with it's back to viewer. You could escape by moving a table. There was a mouse hole as well for some reason. Once outside you went to the south, south-east. After some time came a small stream/river with a bridge to the left. On that place where a tree as well. You could find an apple and a feather. If you went further to the left, there came some hills after a while...
It was no fluent graphics. Every scene hat it's own picture.

The box of the game had beige color as well.

I am looking for hours now and couldn't find it...

Thank's a lot for your help!

lostseraph91

May 5, 2012
Hi everyone!

I`ve been looking for a game for the past 2 days with no luck, I hope that someone can find/recall its name.
Its an isometric rpg that is very similar (graphic-wise) to diablo. All I can recall is that you start in a town surrounded with wooden walls, you find or pay 2 other companions and set for killing many red ants, carnivorous plants, bandits and other large insects early in the game. Travelling to other zones you discover burnt villages, towns from where u can purchase equipment, bandit camps and what i found more memorable was a zone with scary trees, some torn houses and a ghost that sat passively around them, the ghost could be attackable but its lvl was higher than yours the first time u encounter it. Other things to mention... Movement was slow and when out of "safe zones", u and ur companions would have ur shields up and ready.
It had kind of a viking-barbarian setting, in (almost) every town there was a chieftain in front of a long and thin hall that gave quests(i think).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Found it, turns out to be "Konung: Legend of the North"

Delrh

May 5, 2012
Hey guys, this thread is amazing!

+894732 points for anyone who gets this one.

It was a PC game, quite old. Came out around the same time as Farcry I think, maybe earlier.

Anyway, you basically choose whether to be the commander or a solder. As the commander you have an overhead view of the map and choose people to promote and where they spawn.

The soldiers go out and fight and capture resources. Its not like army soldiers and commanders, more fansty I think.

All the fighting is between real people, not like command and conquer or anything like that.

Josie Pierce

May 5, 2012
i know this is an old thread but ive been lookin for a game i played quite some time ago that i cant remember the name of. It was a pre 2005 game for the pc and basically you created an army of goo people. you competed against the computer for different regions on the map and you used mundane tool to kill the other goo people. anyone know of this game?

SomedudeAAA

May 5, 2012
Hey hope someone can help

I am looking for a FPS where the games begins in a interrogation room where the main character talk to another man! and then you are suddenly in a town full of zombies/mad men and next you are in the sky near a big stadium with a lot of weird enemy.

Can also remmember that the Main character gets killed in the end.

sorry my english and Hope that someone can help

haleyvampire

May 7, 2012
I'm having some trouble trying to think of some old PC games I played when I was a kid. I can only remember bits of pieces of them but its the best I can do.

The first game was a kids learning game and you were a frog and there was a mini game thing where you had this bowl of alphabet soup. That's all I remember from that one =[

The second game I only really remember one level and it was mainly that there was a princess and she said that she had lost her marbles and you had to go around her room and find all her marbles. There was also something with a witch and it was a cartoon type game and was something along the lines of fairly stupid tales or something like that.

PLEASE HELP ME!! Been driving me crazy!

Carlo Ponte'

May 7, 2012
you guys can you pls help me. This is an educational game that i remember from somewhere around the cluefinder's era if that helps. Its where this family's ship is infested with sand and worms and you have to play all these grammar games from the family members to get a coin to use the vacuum and remove all the sand and worms. Does anyone remember??

lansid

Sep 24, 2010
Please... for the LOVE of god... help me with this one.

It was a game I played at an Arcade, (late 80's early 90's) had a 3/4 overhead view.
Setting was futuristic
I "think" it could be two player
Player characters had flat tops (or buzzcut hair?) and wore sunglasses.
Enemies were robots.
Players had an upgradable ray gun that could have wide beam rays, ect?

One of the coolest shooters I have ever played, and I'll be damned if I can't remember the name of the game.

Please help?

Thank you in advance.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
rattleshirt said:
Sorry, thats literally the only thing i can remember from that game. It was some sort of post apocalyptic RTS, pumpkin farming, and you had a bunch of individual unit characters who seemed like survivors or something.

For all i know it could be a product of an overreactive childs imagination playing Fallout, haha.
It could be Burntime.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/450/Burntime.html

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Bw2Colour said:
So 1 game, a n64 game were you controled robots that go on water and you could get out of them and into another vehicle, I think one of the things you controlled was a robot spider.
That sounds like Body Harvest.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
SomedudeAAA said:
Hey hope someone can help

I am looking for a FPS where the games begins in a interrogation room where the main character talk to another man! and then you are suddenly in a town full of zombies/mad men and next you are in the sky near a big stadium with a lot of weird enemy.

Can also remmember that the Main character gets killed in the end.

sorry my english and Hope that someone can help
Return to Castle Wolfenstein?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Castle_Wolfenstein