Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Miguel GF

Jan 28, 2015
I have two games which i cant remember their names, first, for Windows 98 i think. you were a time traveler, with a yellow latex look alike suit, it was a 3d game, in third person of course, you reach all ages in human kind, like cave man era, then a medieval stage, renascence etc... that's all i can remember...the second one for MS-DOS, was a game very similar to bomberman almost the same, only that the main characters (it was multiplayer) were rabbits, (no, it's no jazz jack rabbit). you view the game from the "top", there were accesories to improve your velocity (carrots) or the lengh of your explosions (bombs) the typical rounded black bomb, the enemies were kind of monsters, i think, and i remember an enemy wich were spirits, black/brown coated with red eyes, you had to hit them severe times before they die, and as i can remember they could teleport and hunt you thru the stage, you had to break blocks to access all the parts of the maze...i hope you guys can help me!! sorry if there's a mistake on my grammar, english is not my native language. Thanks!!

RagingTiger

Sep 23, 2014
g0urra said:
Gave up on trying to find it on any on the video game databases so here I go. Going to try and describe the best I can.

- PC game, Windows 95/98/XP
- Released between 1995 and 2005
- 3D real time strategy game, you can change zoom in and out from ground view to aerial view
- Science-fiction/futuristic theme
- Units include tanks, perhaps also aerial units
- Different units for each building. Not sure if upgradeable
- Fog of war (literally fog)
- Somewhat like Supreme Command, except not as fancy(?)
Total Annihilation maybe?

sutebenu

Jan 28, 2015
Hi, I only signed up to see if someone could help me find a certain game I played around 1997-2003, here are the details:

1. Your main (and only character) is a woman who was turned into an alien
2. The game starts out with a live action movie that shows a blonde girl going into an alien testing facility, one of the weird egg-like aliens breaks their tube and lashes a tentacle at the young girl who is then put into a tube and eventually becomes an alien-like creature.
3. It is an (action?) shooting game, where you see the girl running around and shooting her guns.
4. The main character has silver hair (I think they may be dreadlocks)
5. You often have to avoid lasers (it is a sort of top-down style of gameplay)
6. You can replenish health by killing aliens (and humans) and eating them (which makes a munching sound effect)
7. If you keep killing and eating humans, they start attacking you.

That's pretty much all I can remember, I really hope you guys can help me with this!

MeatFang

Jan 28, 2015
Hi guys
I wonder if you can help me
I remember playing a game around the late 90s the game play was like diablo with the mouse and you look from above.
Now in every stage you play the earlier scene so the game actually starts from the end and every stage you play a different character the first character is a man who lost is memory and needs to save children from an alien rock second stage you play is little sister that traded her life for her brother's so he can save the children
and the stage after that you play an alien 4 arms prisoner on some kind of spaceship or meteor
please help me out guys thanks

g0urra

Jan 27, 2015
RagingTiger said:
g0urra said:
Gave up on trying to find it on any on the video game databases so here I go. Going to try and describe the best I can.

- 3D real time strategy game, you can change zoom in and out from ground view to aerial view
- Somewhat like Supreme Commander, except not as fancy(?)
Not really, it had more like a 3D graphics feel. I think you constructed units (and maybe also buildings) from a bar at the bottom. It's been more than 10 years ago since I played it so I might remember it wrong.

g0urra

Jan 27, 2015
goncaloscp said:
It is a 3D point and click game for pc, I used to play it on windows xp.
You re a cowboy who has to walk around, find objects, enter houses, talk to people and resolve mysteries I guess.
The game have a pretty cartoon style.
SilverLoad?

MeatFang

Jan 28, 2015
g0urra said:
RagingTiger said:
g0urra said:

Not really, it had more like a 3D graphics feel. I think you constructed units (and maybe also buildings) from a bar at the bottom. It's been more than 10 years ago since I played it so I might remember it wrong.
Maybe Battle Zone?

g0urra

Jan 27, 2015
MeatFang said:
g0urra said:
RagingTiger said:
g0urra said:

Maybe Battle Zone?
Not quite, it was more of an RTS. I looked at Balanced Annihilation which is pretty much like the game I'm thinking of, but was released much earlier.

RagingTiger

Sep 23, 2014
g0urra said:
MeatFang said:
g0urra said:
RagingTiger said:
Maybe Battle Zone?
Not quite, it was more of an RTS. I looked at Balanced Annihilation which is pretty much like the game I'm thinking of, but was released much earlier.
I want to say Metal Fatigue but I think you would of remembered the Combots.

g0urra

Jan 27, 2015
RagingTiger said:
g0urra said:
MeatFang said:
g0urra said:
RagingTiger said:
Maybe Battle Zone?
I want to say Metal Fatigue but I think you would of remembered the Combots.
Yeah, not quite.

John Abbate

Jan 28, 2015
There is this one game from my childhood that I can't seem to get out of my head let alone remember its name.

-I would play it on my dad's Macintosh II-si so its from the early 90s.
-It was like a Space Invader/Galaga clone but much more surreal.
-Your "spaceship" looks like three red triangles side-to-side with the center one being longer.
-I don't remember what the common enemies looked like but I know what the "bosses" look like: A glowing orb, an eye that literally blinks in and out of existence, and a blood stained pentagon that will try to stab you.
-The enemies don't explode when you shoot them, they disintegrate with someone doing a "dying" sound effect like, "Blek!"
-And every once in a while, a biplane will fly from right to left on the top of the screen like the UFO from Space Invaders.

My dad thought the game was called "Galaxy Fighter" but I can't find it.

If anybody can help me, it will be most appreciated.

Eric Wijaya

Jan 28, 2015
Hi Guys...
Please Help Me...

I want to know the name of game i played when i was a kid...
It was PSone Game...
I played it around year 2000..
The game background was like in japan or china (an old era)...
The character can dig ground looking for money or item...
We can battle people with card (snake card with level and element)...
there are many town and we can travel it by walking...
And there was some mission in each of the town...
That what i could remember...

And Thanks in Advance,,

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Miguel GF said:
I have two games which i cant remember their names, first, for Windows 98 i think. you were a time traveler, with a yellow latex look alike suit, it was a 3d game, in third person of course, you reach all ages in human kind, like cave man era, then a medieval stage, renascence etc... that's all i can remember...the second one for MS-DOS, was a game very similar to bomberman almost the same, only that the main characters (it was multiplayer) were rabbits, (no, it's no jazz jack rabbit). you view the game from the "top", there were accesories to improve your velocity (carrots) or the lengh of your explosions (bombs) the typical rounded black bomb, the enemies were kind of monsters, i think, and i remember an enemy wich were spirits, black/brown coated with red eyes, you had to hit them severe times before they die, and as i can remember they could teleport and hunt you thru the stage, you had to break blocks to access all the parts of the maze...i hope you guys can help me!! sorry if there's a mistake on my grammar, english is not my native language. Thanks!!
The time-travelling game should be "Time Commando" (1996).

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
sutebenu said:
Hi, I only signed up to see if someone could help me find a certain game I played around 1997-2003, here are the details:

1. Your main (and only character) is a woman who was turned into an alien
2. The game starts out with a live action movie that shows a blonde girl going into an alien testing facility, one of the weird egg-like aliens breaks their tube and lashes a tentacle at the young girl who is then put into a tube and eventually becomes an alien-like creature.
3. It is an (action?) shooting game, where you see the girl running around and shooting her guns.
4. The main character has silver hair (I think they may be dreadlocks)
5. You often have to avoid lasers (it is a sort of top-down style of gameplay)
6. You can replenish health by killing aliens (and humans) and eating them (which makes a munching sound effect)
7. If you keep killing and eating humans, they start attacking you.

That's pretty much all I can remember, I really hope you guys can help me with this!
Steel Harbinger (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZWcnahIuA

it is for the PSX

sparkie

Jan 28, 2015
hi there i am looking for a game i use to play its 2 player game its almost like bubble bobble but this game you can hold in the shoot button and the bubble will grow and when u bend u can fart with the player

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
mightygirl said:
Hi so i remember playing this game where there was a little man and the whole point was to get him across to the other side to go into a portal for the next level and there were other little men and to defeat them you would dig a hole and they fell into a hole but if you fell you would die it came with my pc it was either 1997 or 1998.
I know you said it was a guy, but who knows? Could it be Daisy's Garden?

https://archive.org/details/DaisysGarden_1020

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
CasperDanco said:
Do you know the name of an japanese beat em up game.
It was pretty unique due to your airborne fighting in an glass cube.

I am dying to play it once more
Metal Storm has some stages in which you fight inside a cube that's flying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Storm_%28video_game%29

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
Eric Wijaya said:
Hi Guys...
Please Help Me...

I want to know the name of game i played when i was a kid...
It was PSone Game...
I played it around year 2000..
The game background was like in japan or china (an old era)...
The character can dig ground looking for money or item...
We can battle people with card (snake card with level and element)...
there are many town and we can travel it by walking...
And there was some mission in each of the town...
That what i could remember...

And Thanks in Advance,,
Sounds like Brave Fencer Musashi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_Fencer_Musashi

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
kimclein said:
-XBOX
-ONE PLAYER
-GORY AND BLOODY
-MAIN CHARACTER WAS A MALE INDIAN OR AZTEC(MAYBE SHIRTLESS WITH BLUE TATTOOS)
-MAIN CHARACTER SLASHED PEOPLE AND CREATURES WITH A SWORD
-TOOK PLACE IN FORESTS, JUNGLES, AND MAYAN RUINS IN THE OLD INDIAN TIMES
-I PLAYED AROUND EARLY 2000'S
-FROM LEVEL TO LEVEL IT WOULD DISPLAY A CLIP OF A MAYAN STORY (YELLOW BACKROUND WITH CHINESE LOOKING BLACK DRAWING)

IM STILL LOOKING FOR THIS GAME. ITS KILLING ME. HELP ANYONE?
Maybe it's Azurik Rise of Perathia?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/472133-azurik-rise-of-perathia

ChanKarik

Jan 25, 2015
diablo rules said:
ChanKarik said:
Hey! First post here! The games I need to know are:

- This old PC,kids windows game (maybe from 1996), in which you had to help a clown to save his animal friends, I think - it was mostly point-and-click and the stages were minigames of different variety. I can remember one in which you had to cross a river in a boat, avoiding lightning and logs. I believe the game was American, as in that very stage, somebody would yell to the clown: Beware! or Be careful!

- A (japanese, maybe) game for the PSOne or N64, which had a similar idea to Smash Bros. There would be 4 characters (that you could choose before the battle) that were made of few polygons, but had distinctive features and one of them looked like the "Buzz!" quiz game main character. (http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/buzz.qw.01.lg.jpg)

The four characters would then be pitched against each other in a square arena, with platforms, ladders and many items that they could grab and throw at others, like big red missiles and rocks, which made them explode away and off the arena, giving a point to the attacker.
2nd.- Try

Blood Lines (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nau_3a8GDtI
Thanks for your time, but no, it was more cartoony. Though the style of the game is very similar to Blood Lines, the camera angles etc.