Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

oFIRESoHURTo

Nov 18, 2011
Old compaq 98 adventure game please help with the title?
I remember the main character had a blue robe and very odd weapons. I think his name started with A and you would go to different worlds or parts of that world and fight loads of bad guys and try defeat them. It has been wrecking my head trying to figure it out please help me!

Nameless_1

Mar 31, 2009
An old game I played on DOS back around...1998? I'm pretty sure it was a commander keen era game, you played as a green alien with red suckers for feet and hands, so you could stick to walls. That's most of what I can remember

Nameless_1

Mar 31, 2009
An old game I played on DOS back around...1998? I'm pretty sure it was a commander keen era game, you played as a green alien with red suckers for feet and hands, so you could stick to walls. That's most of what I can remember

Miksu93

Mar 29, 2011
I played this game on PSX like 8 years ago or so.

Well, you have to shoot Ghosts on this game. I remember that on multiplayer other player was blue crosshair and other red. If I remember right, there was a girl cat (red/pink) and a boy cat (blue) and you have to finish various "Minigames" to complete the game, there was bosses too, like a vampire. It's 2d shooting game.

There was few other minigames too, like a board game, where you open blocks and you can get like: A Minigame, bomb or something like to conquer the area.
The other minigame was a "car" game where you throw dice and move few blocks forward or something.

The whole game happens in somekind ghost mansion.

in adventure gamemode you move in the "labyrinth" and complete areas and collect keys and stuff to beat that levels boss.

Bobanejane

Nov 20, 2011
I have very vague details about a game I used to play with my older cousin. I was really young at the time maybe 4 or 5 years old. It was for PC, I can't remember what year/operating system, maybe 95 or 98? The opening credits had a space shuttle launch I believe. You played as a male character in a suit and started by wandering around a hotel. I remember going to look at a bathroom mirror and the boss's face appeared, telling the character to do something, I can't remember what. Or maybe it was the character's face and he was thinking about something. Also, if you went over to the toilet or sink and pressed space/enter it would flush and maybe the character would comment on it. I was thinking it was a James Bond game or something to that effect. I used to watch my cousin play Tomb Raider all the time, so I guess I just figured it would be James Bond. Sorry, I know the details are vague but I really want to figure out what game this is.

Space Shuttle in opening credits

Starts out in a hotel

Thanks!!!

****EDIT-
I thought it might be The Journeyman Project Turbo as I was having a conversation with my cousin the other day and the game came up. However, it doesn't seem to be Journeyman. I think it had better quality graphics and I`m pretty sure it wasn't set in outerspace. Thanks!****

Shinclone

Nov 20, 2011
I played an excellent rpg for the Genesis, think the US title was Legend Of Oasis or something like that. Used to love that game.

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
Jeff Surett said:
hey im jeff i played a pc space game where you had your own ship you could fly in space go to differnt planets galixys and or universes u talk to people to get missions its an online game and no it not fsu or star track but i cant remember the name and i want to play it again so can someone please help me thanks ps i think it came out in 2001 or 2002 thanks for the help
Not sure, but it might've been Freelancer? http://www.gamespot.com/freelancer/reviews/freelancer-review-2912041?tag=summary%3Bread-review

Icchanarumi

Nov 21, 2011
I remember playing an old PS or PS2 game where you could either play as a girl or boy, and in the beggining you got like a pan to use as a weapon or helmet or something and it was an RPG game, I really wanna know the name of this game!!!

oceanwilde

Feb 21, 2010
I've just spent the whole night trying to figure out a demo of a game I played in my childhood. For some reason I've been getting flashbacks to it lately, and not knowing the name is driving me mad. My vague memory of it involves a camp in a desert-like environment. It was an action-adventure game (if I remember correctly), with some RPG elements (perhaps). For some reason I'm reminded of Morrowind (even though it's definitely not Morrowind). I think it could be played from a first person perspective. The game came on a European PC game magazine demo disc, probably in the early 2000's. I remember it being PC Gamer, but it could have easily been another magazine. My memory of the game involves going around the nomad style camp area talking to various people. Once you left the camp (into a desert, I think), the demo ends.

This seems to be a rather old thread, but these dream-like flashbacks have really been bugging me the whole week. If anyone reads this and remembers any game vaguely similar to what I've just described, I'd be very grateful to hear about it.

patiss

Nov 22, 2011
Hello, could you please help me find out the game name -
1)I played it in like year 2000 +/- 2 years, not really sure if it was on Playstation 1 or PC, but the scene was like, you are detective, im not sure, but i think it was detective with green tshirt lol, so some scenes from game -
1) You had to go up in the room, then go outside the window and drop down some paper, then you could get it from outside, if you would walk down with the paper, some guys would check you and drop you in the water, cause you had the paper.
2) After that I think, you could move to another city, where was like bar, and you could start working at it or get in the bar/kichen if you do something. There was goat too, which was in the same new city.
3) at start of the game, the detective guy was at cafe i think, and clown with bomb came in and blewed something up, or something like that. I remember the detective read that in paper, or saw that.
I would really love to get the game.
Thanks!

oceanwilde

Feb 21, 2010
"3) at start of the game, the detective guy was at cafe i think, and clown with bomb came in and blewed something up, or something like that. I remember the detective read that in paper, or saw that."

This last part sounds an awful lot like the first Broken Sword game. I believe it was released on both the Playstation and PC.

The game also included a goat, and a pub in Ireland. It's a classic point-n-click adventure game.

Here's a link to the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73IaO6EVOaU

Both the original and an updated Director's Cut version of it are sold on GOG (Good Old Games).

oceanwilde

Feb 21, 2010
Brii Sunshine said:
hey im hoping someone can help me
I've been looking for this game for a long time and everytime i google it i get harvest moon and what not. Anyways this game is for Ps1 and i only had the demo disc for it(if anyone knows the name of the demo disc that'd be awesome, it came with the Ps1 when we test drove a mini van and got the ps1 for free) anyways you can either be a boy or girl and they each have their own powers, i don't remember what the girls powers were but the boy could morph into the monsters you beat, well you pick up "beast tokens" i think they were called, in the first level you're traveling through the jungle/woods and the level ends with you in a large building where you fight a boss who is half man half horse (I THINK)

another game, not sure if anyone could help this is older, a PC game, very pix elated like Leisure suit Larry, but you're a cop. I can't remember much more than that, also there was an old i think could have been a star wars game, also around the same era very pix elated as well, sorry i can't be of more help, i remember they were both on floppy discs and this was early 90's

Thanks for your help!

EDIT- i found the first game! it's threads of fate! im so happy
The second game could possibly be Police Quest, which was also released by Sierra and around the same time as Leisure Suit Larry.

Here's a link to a review on Abandonia:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/125/Police+Quest+-+In+Pursuit+of+the+Death+Angel.html

The game has several sequels, so if it's not that one, it might be one of the sequels.

I can't help you with the third one, but if you search through Abandonia, you might be able to find it. The site has a focus on old games from that specific era.

Glen Bowen

Nov 24, 2011
Hello, Looking for a game I played on Mac in 1992 or 1993. Cartoon looking, boy and a dog (maybe a robot dog) strange futuristic city, at the beginning you go to a corporate building and the door has the same robot eye thing from jabba's palace in return of the jedi. that's as far as I ever got in the game. It was a point and click type of game. there might have been time travel involved.

Thanks

I was searching the forum and i think Nevroth is looking for the same game.

Glen Bowen

Nov 24, 2011
Ashcrexl said:
ah, i thought of another one! it was an arcade style game, with the insert coins and stuff, i dont remember where exactly i played it, but anyways, there was a mouse, running from cats in a 2D mansion with trampolines, and, i swear i remember this correctly, you beat them by SLAMMING DOORS AT THEM. it was hard as hell, anyone know the name?
Mappy Land, The levels kept repeating. The trampolines disappeared after three jumps.

Glen Bowen

Nov 24, 2011
Psycho Cat Industries said:
There was this one game where you played as this alien working for a company who extincted animals for snack food and then targets his race.The name doesn't really come up in my head.I remember that it had a sequel or two
Oddworld. The character was named Abe.

Gyaradosu

Nov 25, 2011
Signed up just for help figuring this out 3:
I remember playing as a crimsonish dragon, and it wasn't quite as mainstream. It was pretty realistic for its time, not like Spyro, and I remember you didn't have a rider.
One of the first missions/objectives was to basically kill/eat as many people/things as possible, you could fly, breathe fire, etc...
Help? .__.

r_fostoria

Aug 13, 2011
OK,I've got a challenging one for all of you. I remember when I was very young visiting my grandfather. He had a computer that had a side scroller type game on it that I have a very vague memory of so there may be inaccuracies. I remember the main character being a boy with a slingshot and he had to kill zombies or skeletons or some other thing that would have given me the creeps at that young an age. Also, I seem to recall the energizer bunny or something similar making a cameo appearance and doing something like blowing up or turning into an alien or something of that sort. I just remember being slightly disturbed by the whole thing. It had a very vibrant, gory tone to it. Given my limited memory I haven't been able to find it through google yet. This was probably in the mid 90s.

r_fostoria

Aug 13, 2011
Edit- I found a game called Monster Bash that I think is the game from the first part of my description, but the energizer bunny one is what's really driving me crazy! I'm almost certain it's really and not just some half remembered dream. I only remember the one scene where there is a building on the right of the screen and if you do something incorrectly the energizer bunny look alike comes out of the building and the city in the background explodes. Or maybe there were aliens. I don't know.

r_fostoria

Aug 13, 2011
TM1995 said:
I barely remember a game I used to play as a little kid...

It was in the late 90's or the beginning of the 00's. It's a 3d-realtime-strategy-game. I think it's futuristic, but not stuff like laser swords and unbelieveable things, but believeable futuristic gameplay. You have to find and collect resources.. I also think it contains some bugs as well? Hope someone knows this game?!
Is it Total Annihilation?