Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

TallestGargoyle

Oct 31, 2011
StriderShinryu said:
TallestGargoyle said:
I have a few of games I remember playing on a PS1 demo disc a long time back, and they were incredibly fun.

One was a first person shooter of some kind where you control a flying robot, and you can turn and rotate in any direction which made things a little disorienting. I remember what little I played involved a lot of corridors separating open rooms. This game I actually owned the full game for a while, but have lost the disc in a clearup a looooong time ago.
Damn, I loved those demo discs. :)

The game you describe sounds a lot like part of the Descent series. I'm not sure how many made it onto the PSX (the series was PC based) but I know at least one did. You weren't actually a robot, you were piloting a ship of some sort but the totally 3D environment (including the disorientation) sounds bang on.
The only reason I'm thinking it isn't that is that I can't find the case that I remember. My game had a weird brown colour all over its case, and I remember the name being kinda awkward to say also. Descent looks similar though, so I'm certainly gonna check it out, thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: I found out the name of the game I was looking for, Forsaken. I thought it began with a J or a K, but I searched for 'Games like Descent' on google and Forsaken was one of the first I found suggested. One gameplay video later and HO BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY!!!

Anybody have any idea for the other two games left in my post? Shooting babies and engineers turning into mechs?

stickie

Feb 22, 2012
I am looking for an old game.... it was a sort of adventure game, where you where you had to save your assistent... the game looked very blocked (the images contained blocks) you had to pick up en exchange things to save your assistent

It had a very long name , something like "the adventure of dokter ..... "????

you also had to fly all over the world to exchange your things you had found , I remember something that you where in China or something en you had a pizza to exchange??

sound familiar??? let me know please?

AarinSwift

Nov 29, 2011
dontbugmeplease said:
hello
i have a game that i can't remember it's name
it was on the PS1
it's a racing game i remember a few things about it
i remember when i select a vehicle i have to drive around with a tiny yellow beetle like car
and in some stages are have water have land when i get to the water part of the stage the car i drive transforms into a jet-boat and i think you can use weapons you get on the way to blast other racers
i think that's about what i remember about this game
can you please help me?

i really wanna play this game
please help

Zepol

Feb 22, 2012
Hello everyone. I too have a game from my childhood that I don't remeber the name off, but I can remeber a lot of details about it.

The game was for either gameboy or gameboy advanced. In the game you could choose from a decently large amout of playable charaters. I remeber the one I used was the first one you could pick and he had a red cape (If I remeber corretly) and used the sword as a weapon. I also remeber that there was another playable charater that used a book as a weapon.

The shop of the game was maybe a castle (I don't remeber 100 %) But when you walked in there was this halway and to the sides when you walked by, was the shops. I'm not 100 % sure of this but I'm just trying to put as much information out there as possible.

Now to the things I remeber more clearly. The levels. I know that you were on this overhead map where you didn't walk around but switched between the zones of the game. The first level was like a fortress made of wood. Like in asterix og obelix if you guys know that. Those kind of pillars made of wood was implanted all over the first level. The last boss of this first level was a big goblin like creatur with pure white eyes (Not too sure about that, but that is how I remeber it) He had this ability where he would sving around and do like a bladestorm, and after some time he would get dizzy and then you could attack him.

I also know that the secound or the third boss of the game (In the 2nd or 3rd zone) Was like giant octupous or kraken squid thingy. Not too sure about that but I know it was in the game in the earlier levels.

Also importent to note is probaly how the gameplay was. You would run around in this area or zone and you would have full controll over your charater. I'm pretty sure there was no jump mehanic. But you could just go around and sving your sword around (I'm sure there were some other classes aswell, but the sword guy was my main interest. The only other I remeber was that one with the book.) But the game wasn't turn based it was a free worldish game.

I think that covered everythning. I really hope you guys can help me with this, I have looked a lot for this game since it is the last of my childhood memory games that I have not found YET.

Thanks in advance - Zepol

angoooo

Feb 23, 2012
computer game, probably 1998-2002. you are an alien who needs to rebuild your spaceship to get back home. not violent. just a puzzle/adventure game. help would be much appreciated.

Koru

Feb 24, 2012
I don't really remember this game well so my description may not be enough to go off of. It was in a stack of dos games my uncle gave me. They were on cds so they weren't so old they were only on floppy. The one in question was a sci-fi theme. It was isometric, I believe. It was action so it wasn't turn based or anything. You had to run around and dodge obstacles most of the time. There were a lot of enemies that would either stay in a room and turret at you if you got close or would bounce or move toward you. I remember it being rather hard and the enemies pretty much killed you about instantly if you let them near you. I can't remember if you were actually able to shoot them or not. I remember a lot of finding switches to open doors and getting lost sometimes trying to find the right switch to open the door I needed to the next area.

Unfortunately I don't remember much more than that. I do remember the enemies were pretty simple at times. Like a red or blue cylinder that would bounce at you and kill on contact, that sort of thing. I honestly don't remember enough to know if it counts as an action or a puzzle game. Kinda felt like a little of both. It was also pixels, wasn't 3d.

Another in that pack that I wanted identified was a racing game. It had some futuristic-looking cars and some of the tracks were very sci-fi. I remember mostly playing it in 3rd person view, I don't remember if it was possible to play from the perspective of inside the cars or not. I remember the tracks having points where if you ran over some stylized arrows it would shoot you forward. Was 3d.

sleepykid

Jan 28, 2010
Trying to remember and old computer game that was meant for grades K-6; played it in third grade.

Was a detective game for kids that had furry characters. You clicked around the environment for clues, which would match things that one of the suspects liked, like mint gum or something. There were six suspects in total, and the clues were randomized so that any given playthrough could be any of 'em. All I remember about one of the suspects was that he was a prankster.

esxboy

Feb 24, 2012
i cant figure out the name of this game! i played it about 1995 on ps1 and i dont know how accurate this infomation is what i do know is its on ps1 its not called 40 winks or little rascal but id be really greatful if anyone can find the name of this game...

you start of as a little boy and i think aliens or somthing try to take over the world - you start off the game in your bedroom and when you go to the hall way theres loads of wholes in the floor. you regenerate your health with Z's from people sleeping.
its like a co-op game, you can switch between the brother and sister but you only can use 1 controller.
when the boy goes in the mirror hes like a muscley monster but when the sister goes in the mirror shes like a ballerina monster and she can jump high and thoughout the game you get little gadget like things like the bubble sneakers they are powered by bubbles and make you run really fast.

PLEASE HELP. REPLY OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

esxboy

Feb 24, 2012
does anyone know the name of this game, it was on pc and you was a little yellow guy and you could build levels and them play em

esxboy

Feb 24, 2012
FolkLikePanda said:
This game where you play as a futuristic copper in America and you had a car that turned into a robot. I think it was "Something or other LAPD", forgot the name of it though. It was on the PS1.
future cop lapd :D

Loyalblond

Feb 24, 2012
Really hope someone can help me remember this PC game from the 90's. It's a guy in a cave... he climbs ladders looking for the way out and spikes fall from the ceiling while spiders chase him ???......It's been driving me crazy the last few day's I'm going nut's ! LOL.....
Not sure if it falls under the catagory of ( maze ? adventure ? strategy ? ) Any help is really appreciated THANKS :)

Smeedy

Feb 24, 2012
Petaarr said:
Petaarr said:
I remember playing a game on Playstation 2. It was a fantasy game, and i seem to remember there being about three classes to pick from. There was a rogue-ish class [maybe a woman?] who could step into shadows and become invisible, cant remember the other two classes. You had to kill monsters, and i vaguely recall the disc box having a somewhat red cover.
Cannot for the life of me remember what it was called, but i think i got it about 2004/2005 if that's any help?

Any ideas? :)

PsychoRacoon said:
I think u might mean The Adventures Of Alundra... Note, there's 2 alundra games that r completely different so make sure u look for Alundra 1, not 2.
No that wasn't it, it was newer, it was more third person style as opposed to a 3d platformer. :/
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
;D

hex000

Jul 3, 2010
I used to play the demo of the game I can't remember to destruction. It was about a firefighter, possibly called something McQueen and was either on the original PlayStation or the PS one any ideas anyone? .

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
I remember playing a game at my cousins house, it was a beat'em up that I think was on the sega genesis. The only thing I remember about it is that it was co-op, and my brother always chose the same character, a guy who I think was wearing a blue jean jacket (or some kind of blue clothes) and he had a special attack that did damage to all enemies on screen with lighting

vague I know but any ideas

sparf

Sep 26, 2009
Orange12345 said:
I remember playing a game at my cousins house, it was a beat'em up that I think was on the sega genesis. The only thing I remember about it is that it was co-op, and my brother always chose the same character, a guy who I think was wearing a blue jean jacket (or some kind of blue clothes) and he had a special attack that did damage to all enemies on screen with lighting

vague I know but any ideas
Perhaps one of the Streets of Rage series?

sparf

Sep 26, 2009
Chanel Tompkins said:
Silver247 said:
I'm certain this game was for ps1. Otherwise it's Dreamcast. It was a cartoony style game that had multiple disks to it. Basically your character is going through one of four doors or paths in a mansion or maze to escape from some kind of monster that will kill or eat you if you choose the wrong door or take to long to choose. For the life of me I can't find this thing. Links to House of the Dead or Parasite Eve keep coming up. But it's not them. The animation style was like a cartoon. Any info would be awesome.
Could it possibly be Clock Tower or one of its sequels?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_Tower_%281996_video_game%29
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/196936-clock-tower/images
if not that then perhaps "D"?

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
hex000 said:
I used to play the demo of the game I can't remember to destruction. It was about a firefighter, possibly called something McQueen and was either on the original PlayStation or the PS one any ideas anyone? .
That's Rosco McQueen.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
I used to play a PC game where you were fighting lizard-people while walking through different levels. One of your weapons were a glove with claws wich was basically the melee weapon of the game.
The intro (if I remember it correctly) was a lizard that climbed on top of a branch and were suddenly attacked by humans who shot arrows (the humans were off-screen). The lizard pulled out two shotguns and proceeded to shoot the attackers and the humans started to scream in pain. The lizard may or may not laughed after the shooting.