Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
It was for NES/SNES (I honestly can't recall which), and it was some sort of evolution based adventure game. You would start each level as a new and slightly more evolved organism. And you would end each level by eating a bizarre colorful macguffin that would evolve you into the next level. Name?

Xenetethrae

Nov 19, 2009
2 Games:

They are both PC games, the first was a 2D game where you where trapped in a block maze with water and other obstacles and you had to get different colored keys to proceed. To not restart at the beginning level each time you play, you had to input a password. There were at least a hundred levels and it had cool music. Can't remember much else...

The second game was a game with a bunch of dots on a grid layout. On some of these dots, a line segment would be attached at one end and they would swing around in a circle. You could control one of these line segments and could make the line segment switch which dot it was connected to and change the direction of the swinging (I think). The goal was to guide your line segment to some other part of each level without it coming into contact with any other lines.

I often lay awake at night wondering what these games were called, wondering if I'll ever play them again...

kitty

Apr 22, 2012
HELP PLEASE!!
PC game from 90s.
I remember it being a space game i think, you have to grow things in different climates and they turn into crates once i clicked on them, which are loaded on to a spaceship (what I remember). Can't remember the aim of the game. just that I can raise the land which was green and would change color i.e. snowy or sand, and I had little workers (martians?) which collected things I clicked on. The game was colorful and I think it was around 1994? probably no earlier as I was 3 and played it when I was around 6-9yrs so was around 1997-1999. I don't think I remember much else apart from the 'ship' was circle shape like a dough nut and divided into sections that you had to upgrade to get with different climates and the loading bay and there is only one view 'i think', it was third person were I was controlling everything and I could click left/right to see the next section. It was very addicting and adventure/strategic?

So frustrated, been looking for a few years now and not sure I'll ever find it. If someone could work there magic and find a video or picture I'll know if it's it straight away! please please please help me!
If anyone remembers anything else about this game please let me know! As I don't think I have enough info. :(

Xenetethrae

Nov 19, 2009
Jonathan Sandig said:
I have one, it might have already been found but I haven't read through all 35 pages, haha.

In the game, you were a person who had to push around blocks and move them to make little bridges so that you could cross water and get to a flag/hole thing that would take you to the next level. I think it was for Windows 95, but it might have been 98, no later than that. There were things like ice skates that you could use to skate across the ice in ice levels when you had to push blocks instead of getting thrown around. There were also pads that would speed you up if you stepped on them and throw you the wrong way, (or sometimes the right way). It was all about pushing the blocks in the right order to the right place to get to the flag/hole that would take you to the next level. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much
Actually, I think this is the game I was thinking about too.

Xenetethrae said:
a 2D game where you where trapped in a block maze with water and other obstacles and you had to get different colored keys to proceed. To not restart at the beginning level each time you play, you had to input a password. There were at least a hundred levels and it had cool music. Can't remember much else...
Bear with me here, this game was bugging my girlfriend, not me. So I don't really know how to describe it. She swore it had to do with keys or something, but when she read your description, she was sure you were talking about the same game.

Please someone help our poor lost souls

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Xenetethrae said:
Jonathan Sandig said:
I have one, it might have already been found but I haven't read through all 35 pages, haha.

In the game, you were a person who had to push around blocks and move them to make little bridges so that you could cross water and get to a flag/hole thing that would take you to the next level. I think it was for Windows 95, but it might have been 98, no later than that. There were things like ice skates that you could use to skate across the ice in ice levels when you had to push blocks instead of getting thrown around. There were also pads that would speed you up if you stepped on them and throw you the wrong way, (or sometimes the right way). It was all about pushing the blocks in the right order to the right place to get to the flag/hole that would take you to the next level. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much
Actually, I think this is the game I was thinking about too.

Xenetethrae said:
a 2D game where you where trapped in a block maze with water and other obstacles and you had to get different colored keys to proceed. To not restart at the beginning level each time you play, you had to input a password. There were at least a hundred levels and it had cool music. Can't remember much else...
Bear with me here, this game was bugging my girlfriend, not me. So I don't really know how to describe it. She swore it had to do with keys or something, but when she read your description, she was sure you were talking about the same game.

Please someone help our poor lost souls
Chip's Challenge, guys.

Jessie Jing

Apr 22, 2012
Hey everyone.

This has been bugging me for a long time! I really hope someone will find/know it.

It's a game I played as a little girl, I was in HK then so it was about... 1997-2000 - I played it in my primary school. It was a game where from what I can only remember is collect diamonds? That was the quest I think? And for some reason, I only remember the setting as like.. Sandy coloured - somehow like sand dunes? or Egypt? And one more thing I could remember was some sort of priest.

I keep trying to remember even the context of the game, but I just can't. Whenever thinking about it I can only feel like I really loved that game. That is all I can remember and I am really sorry if it is really brief!

It wasn't a scary/horror game, and I don't think it was action-packed either. It was just like, a really good game.

Thank you guys! Hope to hear from you soon!

EDIT: P.S. It wasn't like a pac-man like game. it was more like.. mario-ish like the animation? that's all I can remember vaguely. Thanks!

kenpachizero

Apr 23, 2012
Hey all, i am just trying to find a old pc game and was wondering if anyone can help.
its a pc game and its human vs alien, i do remember that you have to send out drillers to a pool type thing and drill for money and they can be upgraded once, you can also hop out of your vehicle and into any vehicle you produce and about half way through the game you can choose to stay human or join the alien and the alien race started with S, and at the end of the game the humans will kill the aliens of the aliens will transform the universe into them

jeremym1993

Apr 23, 2012
I remember playing this playstation 1 demo i think it had a blue hand on it. on the demo were games like geks: enter the gecko, bloody roar, tomb raider, and like an indiana jones type game where you swing on ropes and if you got too close to the edge you'd fall on jagged rock and you'd see the guy all bloody

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
kitty said:
HELP PLEASE!!
PC game from 90s.
I remember it being a space game i think, you have to grow things in different climates and they turn into crates once i clicked on them, which are loaded on to a spaceship (what I remember). Can't remember the aim of the game. just that I can raise the land which was green and would change color i.e. snowy or sand, and I had little workers (martians?) which collected things I clicked on. The game was colorful and I think it was around 1994? probably no earlier as I was 3 and played it when I was around 6-9yrs so was around 1997-1999. I don't think I remember much else apart from the 'ship' was circle shape like a dough nut and divided into sections that you had to upgrade to get with different climates and the loading bay and there is only one view 'i think', it was third person were I was controlling everything and I could click left/right to see the next section. It was very addicting and adventure/strategic?

So frustrated, been looking for a few years now and not sure I'll ever find it. If someone could work there magic and find a video or picture I'll know if it's it straight away! please please please help me!
If anyone remembers anything else about this game please let me know! As I don't think I have enough info. :(
Sounds nearly exactly like Startopia, although it's a 2001 game and the bio deck was not the main focus of the game.

Agent13

Apr 17, 2012
My Dad got this game from the internet I think and put it on a floppy disc when I was a kid. It is similar to Boulder Dash (but it was not Boulder Dash). You were digging underground and had police chasing you (They looked like Rayman with just a head, body, hands, and feet) and when you went underneath a boulder it would crush the person chasing you. I don't remember a name or what you were trying to do, but I need help finding it.

Jirumaru

Apr 23, 2012
I have a game i'm looking for, might be hard to find. So the game was from around the late 90's early 2000's and was a rpg/adventure game for the pc. it wasn't a huge title, i think it was made from a smaller company at the time. but in the game you take place as a girl with blue hair, i think she trained with monks and her main weapon is her hands. I remember fighting animals in a forest is one of the first type of quest. the roaming was a bit like zelda but the graphics were similar to "secrets of mana". I have been looking for this game for years and trying to remember, if anyone can tell me i'd be the happiest man in the world.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
kenpachizero said:
Hey all, i am just trying to find a old pc game and was wondering if anyone can help.
its a pc game and its human vs alien, i do remember that you have to send out drillers to a pool type thing and drill for money and they can be upgraded once, you can also hop out of your vehicle and into any vehicle you produce and about half way through the game you can choose to stay human or join the alien and the alien race started with S, and at the end of the game the humans will kill the aliens of the aliens will transform the universe into them
I think the game you're describing is Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. It's one of those early RTS's where you could drive/pilot the vehicles you produce.

kenpachizero

Apr 23, 2012
Absolutionis said:
kenpachizero said:
I think the game you're describing is Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. It's one of those early RTS's where you could drive/pilot the vehicles you produce.
Thanks for helping, it is close to the game but it is not it

Cassie Wiley

Apr 24, 2012
My brother and I are trying to remember a game from when we were kids but only remember a few things from it. It was either a NES or SNES game, and each level had a different theme and a castle, I remember candy, cake, bubbles, clouds and pumpkins. Anyone have any idea what that would be?

AZChick924

Apr 20, 2012
Batou667 said:
AZChick924 said:
I'm not sure if this was requested already, and there's so many pages to this thread... I'm just too lazy to look for it.

I'm looking for a computer game I played in 1993. It was some sort of detective game. The playable character had, I believe grey coat and blue hat, and you never saw his/her face. I remember one of the levels being a school.

Anyone know what I'm talking about here?
Carmen Sandiego?
No. Carmen wears red hat and coat. I believe it was a mystery game with some strategy elements thrown in.

EDIT: Found it. It's called "Midnight Rescue".

Dice Claw Days

Apr 24, 2012
JoeLeedale said:
I've got another one. This was on PC, maybe Windows 95 or earlier. It was and Ocarina of Time style gameplay and you had to skate (I THINK) around rooms to collect keys. The rooms were almost mazes and you only stopped moving if you hit a wall. Pretty sure you had to collect different kinds of boots to move on different surfaces, like some boots that could walk on ice instead of skate. The skating thing may only have been in one particular room though, not sure
I've been thinking of the name for years... All I gotta say is Chip's Challenge.

Nuzu99

Apr 25, 2012
hey everyone Ive been searching on the net and I've found the screenshot of the game I don't recall the name of: http://de.acidcow.com/pics/20110224/games_98.jpg
I havent read all messages in this topic so perhaps it has already been asked.
What is the name of this game Im really eager to find out
Could anyone please help?? thnx