Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Grygor

Oct 26, 2010
Emiscary said:
It was for NES/SNES (I honestly can't recall which), and it was some sort of evolution based adventure game. You would start each level as a new and slightly more evolved organism. And you would end each level by eating a bizarre colorful macguffin that would evolve you into the next level. Name?
That should be E.V.O.: The Search for Eden for the SNES.

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
Nuzu99 said:
hey everyone Ive been searching on the net and I've found the screenshot of the game I don't recall the name of: http://de.acidcow.com/pics/20110224/games_98.jpg
I havent read all messages in this topic so perhaps it has already been asked.
What is the name of this game Im really eager to find out
Could anyone please help?? thnx
It's either Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines or its expansion, Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
kenpachizero said:
Hey all, i am just trying to find a old pc game and was wondering if anyone can help.
its a pc game and its human vs alien, i do remember that you have to send out drillers to a pool type thing and drill for money and they can be upgraded once, you can also hop out of your vehicle and into any vehicle you produce and about half way through the game you can choose to stay human or join the alien and the alien race started with S, and at the end of the game the humans will kill the aliens of the aliens will transform the universe into them
Was it a strategy game? Also can you say approximately what year this would have been?

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
jeremym1993 said:
I remember playing this playstation 1 demo i think it had a blue hand on it. on the demo were games like geks: enter the gecko, bloody roar, tomb raider, and like an indiana jones type game where you swing on ropes and if you got too close to the edge you'd fall on jagged rock and you'd see the guy all bloody
Is it Pitfall 3D: Beyond the Jungle? This one is cool they got Bruce Campbell to do the main character's voice.

Tivarox

Apr 25, 2012
Ok, So i've been searching for this game for years, and I don't remember a lot about it, so any help would be great.
It was released around the dawn of 3D gaming, and had graphics similar to Dark Cloud, Jet Force Gemini, and Spyro.
In the beginning your village burns.
You can tame monsters and fight with them.
The first monster you get looks like a birds beak on a bird foot, and it's black and red (like magma)
You meet a girl who has a four armed monster that is a definite rip-off of machamp.

I played this a long time ago at my grandmother's neighbors house, and have been searching everywhere for it.
If anyone has any idea that would be awesome.
(It's not monster rancher)

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
John Akre said:
Ok, So i've been searching for this game for years, and I don't remember a lot about it, so any help would be great.
It was released around the dawn of 3D gaming, and had graphics similar to Dark Cloud, Jet Force Gemini, and Spyro.
In the beginning your village burns.
You can tame monsters and fight with them.
The first monster you get looks like a birds beak on a bird foot, and it's black and red (like magma)
You meet a girl who has a four armed monster that is a definite rip-off of machamp.

I played this a long time ago at my grandmother's neighbors house, and have been searching everywhere for it.
If anyone has any idea that would be awesome.
(It's not monster rancher)
Is it Jade Cacoon?

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
It was some creative/educational PC game I had for my old computer, It had a red pencil/crayon/pen dude that randomly came up on the screen and scared the ever-living shit out of me.

I can remember his harrowing look exactly.

I wish to find that game so maybe I can re-live the nightmares of my past... or just do it for teh lulz.

kenpachizero

Apr 23, 2012
Bertylicious said:
kenpachizero said:
Hey all, i am just trying to find a old pc game and was wondering if anyone can help.
its a pc game and its human vs alien, i do remember that you have to send out drillers to a pool type thing and drill for money and they can be upgraded once, you can also hop out of your vehicle and into any vehicle you produce and about half way through the game you can choose to stay human or join the alien and the alien race started with S, and at the end of the game the humans will kill the aliens of the aliens will transform the universe into them
Was it a strategy game? Also can you say approximately what year this would have been?
yes it was and i think it was about 10-12 years ago

Mastafunk

Apr 26, 2012
Ok this will be a tough one.... prolly because I was playing this game before most of u were born....lol.

It was a game I used to play in computer class when I was back in school. See in the old days computers were expensive and even in a private school we only had computer class once a week and for the rest of the time we used pens and paper (lol). I'm talking late 80's here!

Anyways it was a text based rpg game on the apple IIc or IIe (cannot remember which). Basically the ides was to mine gold as a gold miner/fossicker. You were presented with options at each point in the game. For example, early on you had to buy some mining equipment but you would be asked if you wanted to steal it instead.....

Any thoughts would be great.

JonathanDP81

Legacy
Jan 25, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Country
United States
I played this when a parents' friend's house in the early to to mid-90's on what I think was a PC-compatible. There were at least two games in a series where a guy in a spacesuit 2D platforms though corridors. I really don't think it was Commander Keen.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
kenpachizero said:
Bertylicious said:
kenpachizero said:
Right so. I should have asked this earlier but what platform was it on? Also was it a 1st or 3rd person view, similar to Giants: Citizen Kabuto?

It's just it sounds a little like Dark Colony but the hopping in and out of vehicles sounds way different.

Jenny5309

Apr 26, 2012
So, I remember playing a game in the 90's. It was in black and white (at least the one I played, there may have been a color version too).

I don't remember what exactly you played as, but they weren't animals. Instead they were blobs or something. Or maybe dust bunnies? I remember that there was one part where you shook another character's hand, and you could control the force of the handshake. Another part I remember is that the one of the characters said "Cheerio!" when he said good bye.

We had a Compaq at the time, and I think the game may have been a demo version. I think it only let us play to a certain point then it ended, but I could be wrong.

I was thinking about it a couple days ago, and I've been trying to remember the name! Thank you in advance!

kenpachizero

Apr 23, 2012
Bertylicious said:
kenpachizero said:
Bertylicious said:
kenpachizero said:
Right so. I should have asked this earlier but what platform was it on? Also was it a 1st or 3rd person view, similar to Giants: Citizen Kabuto?

It's just it sounds a little like Dark Colony but the hopping in and out of vehicles sounds way different.
its on the pc and you could toggle between both, but you start the match in first person

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
sambhav said:
Please help me find this game

it was a pc game somewhere between 1998-2004.
it had tiny orange/brownish characters.
it had big maps and you could play it in two modes campaign and another one i dont remember. in it we had differnt weapons like clubs, straw, spade, bazookas,etc. in the game if u kill anyone they disintegrate and form liquids which u can suck from a straw and create new characters.

it had different coloured tiles which were a part of a wall which when hit upon did something specific like teleporting to a different location on the map...we could also play against the computer where we controlled different brown characters and computer controlled blue purple red characters....pls help!!
it had many levels and one level was named- Honey i shrunk .... i dont remember the last part....
Is it Genewars?

Dylan Tyson

Apr 27, 2012
Here's one for ya, looking for a First Person Shooter that came out either late 90's, or early 2000's (2000-2004?)
One of the main selling points of the game was the multiplayer aspect it had, one of the very few maps I remember well was a map with two teams, and the "terrorist" team had to reach the top of a missile silo, and interact with a console to launch the missile, while the defending team had to stop the attackers from doing this, the map had several hill sides, and bunkers.
The second map I remember was a desert-like city, with buildings much like adobe's, but the part of the map that made this different then what most people would now adays compare to counter strike was that you could leave the city and go into the desert and snipe the people in the city, but you were more vulnerable to being shot yourself.
The last map I remember was a forest'y map with lots of pine trees, and several bunkers placed across the map, and the objective in this map I'm fairly certain was for the attacking team to plant bombs on objectives.
That's all I really remember.

Overall the game had graphic's similar to counter strike, but I know for certain it wasn't called counter strike.

Anyone remember any games like this?

Edit; also this game was for PC.

philold09

Apr 27, 2012
Hey
I remembered Playing turn-based RPG for Ps1
I've been through lists but can't seem to remember what the cover or story was about.
The only thing I remember was Early in the game (Maybe the beginning) you're in a school (Pretty sure the school was related to magic, not 100% positive though)
Not real sure for I was very little when I played it.
Release Date was probably between 96' and 98'.
Thanks alot!

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
kenpachizero said:
Bertylicious said:
kenpachizero said:
Bertylicious said:
kenpachizero said:

its on the pc and you could toggle between both, but you start the match in first person
Welp, I am utterly stumped. 2000 was a massive year for games which saw me piling a lot of time into games like Deus Ex and Baldurs Gate. It was a long time before I got into FPS in any kind of serious way. A couple of games I never played from around that time were things like Outcast and even Far Cry, but I don't think either of those had the strategy elements you described.

It sounds intruiging though. If you ever find out what it was, please message me with the answer. I'll keep looking and I'll let you know if I ever find it.

Hang on, it wasn't Natural Selection was it? That was a mod for half life and, I think, multiplayer only though. Didn't really play it much as I soon discovered They Hunger.

pure.Wasted

Oct 12, 2011
Tried this one on other forums to no avail, maybe someone here will know.

PC game from before 1998, likely around 1996. It's basically a strategy game. You create a little village, with roads between buildings - residences, a graveyard, a well, I believe, a church - and your dudes walk around town and do stuff. I distinctly recall that your population actually reproduced by having a guy villager and a girl villager go into a building and then making snuggling noises, eventually coming out with a baby. Villagers could grow old and die (hence need for graveyard).

In one of the missions, probably an early one, your village is besieged by zombies.

If anyone could figure this out, I would be extremely grateful.

Saxophone

Aug 25, 2010
Hi Guys, hope someone may help me out!
Ok, so the game that I am trying to remember was for PS1. You had a party consisting of 4 people, each of whom you could control separately. I clearly remember the players of the said party:
1) A young guy, with brown hair, all spiked up. He was the 'main-character' as you would start the game with him.
2) Young blonde girl (sorry, the only fact in my memory)
3) Child girl, with blonde hair and orange outfit. Further in the game you would discover that she was actually a robot. Her name was Rachel.
4) A big, muscly guy ("Tank type"), also with blonde hair(may be brown).
I also recall that each of these guys would have their own fighting style; for instance Rachel had a very flexible-type of fighting style, punching and kicking while moving like a gymnast. The "tank" guy was sort of a brute, fighting with fists etc. Main guy was able to use guns.
The game was non-linear(You still had to get from point A to B to progress), as you could explore certain rooms, floors etc. You also encountered many cut-scenes, different boss fights, items etc. The game also had a mini map in one of the corners.
Regarding the boss fights, I clearly remember one of them: A young woman(probably was a scientist wearing white coat), hair dyed in purple, with pink claws protruding form her hands.

One last thing: The name of the game was a sort of abbreviation, consisting of 4 letters separated by dots.

Thank you very much for the attention, hope someone can help me out! :)

Kamietsu

Apr 27, 2012
Been searching this one for a long while now. I used to play it when I was a kid, though I didn't understand it as much as I really do now when I think back to it.

It was a crazy contraptions sort of game for the pc, but it was a free game you played in your browser. You made lines of whatever length you wanted and then placed a point(or not) onto this other part of the game window that had a moving line in it. Whenever the moving line passed over that point, it would cause your line that you drew to expand and contract. By placing many of these lines and points you could create these machines or works of art that moved, looked amazing, or whatever else you wanted. You coudl control the friction, the gravity of the area where you were building and the tension of each line. And there was a gallery you could upload all of your creations to, or play with any creation that was uploaded to the gallery. I first remember playing it in the late 90's early 00's on bored.com if that helps anyone.

Thanks.