Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Alright, I'm having serious trouble remembering the name of this one PC game I played back in the late 90s.

It was a top-down shooter where you played as some heroic-looking soldier-type guy. Your goal was (if I remember correctly) to find and rescue bunnies that were placed in various locations around the level. When you found them all, your character would... and I swear this is how I remember it... Rocket-boot out of the level onto the next one. I think maybe he was a cyborg or something...

The levels were all based on some sort of different theme. The first one was a prehistoric/caveman level (and the cavemen would actually say "unga bunga," including speech bubbles above their heads), and on the bottom part of the level there were tar pits you had to be careful not to fall into. I only remember two other levels. One being a candy-land type level with giant gingerbread men, and another level that I only vaguely remember having basic shapes and lasers (I think it might have been future/technology based). Every level would introduce you to unique weapons you could pick up that were themed after the level (or sometimes just better and more useful ones if I recall), and you could even find weapons from previous levels. Various other enemies would say things with comic-like speech bubbles above their heads.

The game actually reminds me a lot of "Zombies Ate My Neighbors," what with the various weapons scattered around everywhere, and how the levels are designed as well as how the game is played, but isn't as fast-paced, and is for the PC... also, you rescue bunnies, not people, and the enemies couldn't kill the bunnies.

I can barely remember much about this game other than what I've posted here. I remember it was fun and actually a bit challenging for how kid-friendly it seemed at the time, and even my dad would play it. We would both get stuck on that damned candy-land level because it was too hard.

The most picturesque memory I have of the game was of the first level, finding that one last bunny in the tar pits, and rocket-booting away.

Blaster

Apr 30, 2011
Mine is an old RTS with purple alien/slugs. You start off with three characters, an enginner, a soldier and a leader/priest. Basically, you gather resources, build structures and go to war with native tribes before moving onto the next level. I want to say it was made before 2002. I know its not:
masters of Orion
X-com
Outpost
Ascendancy
Alien Nations
M.U.L.E
Startopia

The graphics looked a bit the quality of Baldur's Gate 2. Came out on an old PC demo CD I don't have anymore.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Dx7MfZb said:
1st - Is a snake game where you go throught mazes collect balls i think but as soon as you collect all of them you advance to the next level, later levels required a lot of thought
Snake, Rattle and Roll?

wasp

Nov 24, 2012
I cannot remember the name of an old RPG game. The main character is a girl / woman, basically wearing thongs. The goal is to collect armour pieces, so you can beat some great wizard. She was raised by orcs and is a wizard herself. She has a tattoos, and when she progress during the game, she had more tattoos. She initially has a wolf (maybe white, not sure), which helps her fighting. The fight itself was turn-based.

negril24

Nov 24, 2012
I need a lot of help with this one.
Its a game I played from 2005-2008 but im pretty sure its older. The game is 2d and the music is adventurey and a bit serious. There was a civilization you built using lumberjack looking men that grunted when you gave them an order like mining or woodcutting. They built a simple wood like town and depending on how many resources you had and where you were on a randomly generated map you could build a ship and maybe a castle. You could also unlock wizards and other powerful people. It was an offline game and the point was to build a civilization and defeat the computer(or other civilization). Its a lot like age of empires or total war or empire earth but I only played in one time period/fantasy realm.
This has been racking my brain for what seems like forever! I hope I can remember it and ANY HELP would be appreciated! I will love forever ANYONE who can get the name for this game.
PS It was played on a pc that could have been Windows 98 or XP I really cant remember the pc.

Dx7MfZb

Oct 27, 2012
Batou667 said:
Dx7MfZb said:
1st - Is a snake game where you go throught mazes collect balls i think but as soon as you collect all of them you advance to the next level, later levels required a lot of thought
Snake, Rattle and Roll?
no unfortunately no. but this game i've never heard of and now i need to check it out cos it looks cool thanks :)

saen211

Nov 24, 2012
Hello I just saw this site and hoped it could help me. I'm looking for a car racing game where you can play as both cop and racer. All I can remember about that game is one particular level where it is a forest on fire and there are fire trucks. It was either for the ps1 or ps2. I don't think it's a need for speed game though, as for this game is really old and you could chose your car and the cops were at the end of the list. Also it is either from the 90's to the 2000's or around there. Thanks in advance!

saen211

Nov 24, 2012
Hello I just saw this site and hoped it could help me. I'm looking for a car racing game where you can play as both cop and racer. All I can remember about that game is one particular level where it is a forest on fire and there are fire trucks. It was either for the ps1 or ps2. I don't think it's a need for speed game though, as for this game is really old and you could chose your car and the cops were at the end of the list. Also it is either from the 90's to the 2000's or around there. Thanks in advance!

Jerry Wallen

Nov 24, 2012
Hello, not finding this game is killing me, been searching for 3 years now and i had enough.
i think it was in the 90s, i don't remember which console but i think it was pc.

You start of in front of and old mans house and you play 3-4 kids and supposed to break into his house and steal stuff, remembering this game was so hard, when you first entered his house and went into the kitchen and steal some food from the fridge, and then you see the old man waking up and going down stair, you had to hide, otherwise he'd lock you up in his personal jail, and it was possible to break out by clicking on a specific brick on the wall.

i can't remember the purpose of the game other than stealing stuff?

zerohour1974

Mar 28, 2008
Jerry Wallen said:
Hello, not finding this game is killing me, been searching for 3 years now and i had enough.
i think it was in the 90s, i don't remember which console but i think it was pc.

You start of in front of and old mans house and you play 3-4 kids and supposed to break into his house and steal stuff, remembering this game was so hard, when you first entered his house and went into the kitchen and steal some food from the fridge, and then you see the old man waking up and going down stair, you had to hide, otherwise he'd lock you up in his personal jail, and it was possible to break out by clicking on a specific brick on the wall.

i can't remember the purpose of the game other than stealing stuff?
Maniac Mansion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maniac_Mansion

rose22_smith

Nov 24, 2012
So, there is this game that has been on my mind for a LONG time and no matter what I type in, I can never find it! I remember that it was an XBOX game and I played it probably in 2000 but definitely before 2007 and no later than 2000. I remember that you play as this tiny guy with purple or perhaps purplish colored short but spiky hair. I think he might have had some type of claw thing as one of his hands or that he always held in his hand. He also fought these weird looking monster things.

At one point of the game you are in like a normal sized person house and you can find ways to get onto the piano and do stuff or go up to the ceiling fan and do stuff but, the one thing that sticks out most in my memory is when you climb onto a table, I think, hop onto the couch, jump on the power button on the remote to turn the tv on in front of you and then you use your tiny man character to play a pong game.

I would really love it if someone could help me figure out the name of this game!! Thanks in advance.

fryses

Nov 24, 2012
hello everyone i was playing a game in ps1 in old days but i can't remember its name that's why i'm here, it's actually a crashing race game where you have to crash other cars and you get score.. i remember there is a race in parking X) also a arena mode ! please someone tell me its name thx !

VoiceKillaz

Nov 24, 2012
Hello there, I really hope someone can help me out in finding a pc game i used to play in 2001. I think it was included with the pc i bought, it had windows98 or 2000. The game was about robots, you could make tanks, robots, towers that would shoot lasers to anyone near it, and also you would have to get petroleum from the ground to make all of this, also the towers would get connected and form a shield around the area. Please someone help

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
fryses said:
hello everyone i was playing a game in ps1 in old days but i can't remember its name that's why i'm here, it's actually a crashing race game where you have to crash other cars and you get score.. i remember there is a race in parking X) also a arena mode ! please someone tell me its name thx !
Sounds like a Destruction Derby game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_Derby

dogwithgoggles

Nov 24, 2012
Hello everyone, i've been trying to remember the name of this game for a while now. I played it sometime in the early 2000's. It was a 2D PC game and the only things i remember about it are: you are a man (who looks somewhat like a mountain climber)and are on a quest. You can go into a cave and also into a store where there is a scale and you must weigh gold equally. There is a girl with a green dress in the store. All these things result in you receiving gems. I know you can also switch your tools, and the only one I remember is a pick-axe and POSSIBLY an arrow. That's all I remember, but hopefully you guys can help me out :) Thanks in advanced !

IanDresari

Nov 24, 2012
Ok so there was this game where you commanded a space fleet. I can't remeber what the objective was, but you would command different kinds of ships: corvettes, carriers, dreadnoughts and more.
The dreadnoght could carry a heavy ion beam or particle cannon. To attack, you would move the ships in range to the enemies and the would automatically attack. For example, if you moved the carrier near an enemy ship, small white fighters would emerge and attack the enemy ship.

As far as I remeber, the game was 2D and the ships very simple. I think there were also planets or asteroids you had to harvest resources from to build and upgrade your ships and weapons.
Everything was a dark blueish hue.

Any hints??

IanDresari

Nov 24, 2012
negril24 said:
I need a lot of help with this one.
Its a game I played from 2005-2008 but im pretty sure its older. The game is 2d and the music is adventurey and a bit serious. There was a civilization you built using lumberjack looking men that grunted when you gave them an order like mining or woodcutting. They built a simple wood like town and depending on how many resources you had and where you were on a randomly generated map you could build a ship and maybe a castle. You could also unlock wizards and other powerful people. It was an offline game and the point was to build a civilization and defeat the computer(or other civilization). Its a lot like age of empires or total war or empire earth but I only played in one time period/fantasy realm.
This has been racking my brain for what seems like forever! I hope I can remember it and ANY HELP would be appreciated! I will love forever ANYONE who can get the name for this game.
PS It was played on a pc that could have been Windows 98 or XP I really cant remember the pc.

sounds a hell of a lot of like Warcraft, but I guess one would know Warcraft with all the WoW and DotA talk around...

IanDresari

Nov 24, 2012
[/quote]
Dx7MfZb said:
Im also looking for 2 other games

2nd - an isometric game where you're on a island alone and you have to gather materials to build a shelter, later you can have a tree house so animals won't attack you at night, the game title was something like ShiftheBranch or something similliar
@2nd
I know a game like that, it was a German game called "Schiffbruch"

have a link for free: http://www.spiele-umsonst.de/schiffbruch-t122.html

Ricardo Mendes

Nov 4, 2012
Ricardo Mendes said:
Hey guys! I've been trying to remember an pc oldie, an RPG. I used to play this with my sister, like 12-15 years ago, and it wasn't mine, it was a loan from a friend. Anyway, all i remember was that you could choose your class (warrior, wizard, rouge i think...) and you'd start allways in the same place, then proceed to the next area slashing and zappin' everything in your way. It was isometric, much like neverwinter nigths. 'cept you only had 1 character (at least in the first 2 areas, i never got past that :p). Another thing i remember, you had a miniature of your character in the bottom center of the screen, and it'd reflect what you were wearing. I remember that 'cuz i'd get some laugths off gettin' my characters in their underwear and see them running around. I'd really love to remember the name of the game, i've been trying to remember since 6-7 years ago :s
Hey, so i've spent some more nigths lookin' for this bad boy, and i found out a game similar to what i remember, althou i somewhat remember it being with better graphics, and the HUD wasn't like this

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/13513-rage-of-mages-windows-screenshot-walkings.jpg

Also you could see (i think) a portrait of the full body of your character, like in hexplore, and it'd reflect your armour or weapons

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/screenshots/4/69334/hexplore_screen001.jpg

Would really LOVE for someone to find my game... i swear, it's been like 10 years of searching, nigth after nigth, every goddamn time i remember it. :p