Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Midcuckoo

Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys, this is gonna be abit vague as I only played a demo and was very young. All i can remember is: It was on ps1 with a top-down camera, it was a multiplayer shooter, you either played as a purple or green guy and the most standout thing for me was, when you damaged an enemy enough they would start pulsing electricity, if you walked up to them you kinda possessed them. sorry i cant remember anymore guys, thanks in advanced if you figure anything out.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
MikeSugs said:
This is my favorite thread on the internet, ever. So, the game I'm looking for I have been trying to find for over 10 years.

I'm almost positive the game is for the PS One. It is a 3D-fighting game and it might have multiplayer but I only played the single-player "campaign". Essentially it is a fighting game between robots where you are trying to climb a league ladder and be the number one robot. You can challenge robots above or below you and as you win you get to own one of their weapons. You are allowed to equip two weapons, one on your left arm and one on your right arm, and as you use them you become more proficient at using them and they do more damage. I'm trying to think of other memorable things.. but that was pretty much it.

Any ideas?
Robo Pit? Man, these requests are getting super obscure :p I can't wait for the day someone asks about a game about a green robot, who was a Native American or Indian because his name was Chief.

Allecto

Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys.

I have two games I can't remember, and it's been bothering me for ages!
Both of them were played around the 90's (I believe between 90-95, but I'm not sure), and I'm pretty sure they were demos in a very old Macintosh, the first computer we ever had in our house.

- First one: Some kind of Ancient Egypt/ Archaeologist game (not The Dig, I already checked). I remember clearly the introduction where there was some sort of Pharaoh, seemed like he was celebrating, and watching a dance or some entertaining thing, the camera went from him to the dance, then back to him, then back to the dance, then back to him and suddenly he seemed like he had a heart attack or something. I think he put his hand on his chest.
After that, I believe the game began. I think you were some sort of archaeologist, maybe there was some hieroglyphs on the wall, and I remember I couldn't speak english at the time (not my native language) and I didn't know what to do, so I always ended falling and the game was over. I'm almost sure there was some kind of message after I "died". Can't really remember anything about the graphics or how to control the character.
DAMN, I need so bad to see that game again.

ADD: This guy is talking about the same game, there's more info here: (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?p=449935#post449935)

"Skip down for the details. I remember playing a demo of this game. I think I got the demo from a Broderbund game, a The Learning Company game (I had a fewof the SuperSolver games),or possibly with Museum Madness? I can't remember. The reason I thought it was with a kids game cause this one was violent, and remember being shocked that it was offered alongside kid games. I checked Moby and Underdogs for TLC's and Broderbunds catalouge but didnt see anything similar.

Published in mid 90's I think. Point and click adventure. You were an Indiana Jones explorer type and were in a cave.... maybe a pyramid? I remember lots of brown in the environment and the character. I remember being faced with a few doors, and the game was VERY trial and error, cause one door had me tumbling to the next screen and breaking my neck, and the other sent me into a room where I was killed by vampire bats, and there was blood (shocking when this was bundled with a kids game :p). So eazy to die. I'd like to try it again now that I'm mature :p

That's all I got. I JUST remembered that it COULD have been a pyramid and not a cave, so I'm gonna search for egyptian themed adventure games. Thanks much."

- Second one: Some kind of first person shooter in space/ spaceship (kinda reminds me of Doom). I can't remember a lot, but there were aliens everywhere and almost no human being. I remember something about colors? I don't know why, colors seemed important. I vaguely remember opening doors, very Doom-like, actually. It's so damn blurry I really can't remember anything else about it. Again, no english speaking so never really knew what was going on or what I was doing.

I'll be so glad if anyone could remember it's very very old and the internets is not helping me out in this one.

Regards!

Garoto Rossonero

Feb 24, 2013
Hello everybody, i'm glad to discover this thread, and I hope to help as much as I can, but for the start I have a little game that I've been looking for a while.

First of all it's a Playstation 1 game, one of the first games I rented, about 1995 or 1996. As I remember it's some kind of bomberman clone, but with an egypt-desert theme. You go from level to level, trying to beat other 3 computer carachters, I don't remember if it has a multiplayer option. Another important tip is that it's japanese, and I don't think there is an ocidental relelase.

Game Data
Plataform: Playstation 1
Language: Japanese
Category: Puzzle

Thanks for everyone who's colaborating in this forum.

MikeSugs

Feb 23, 2013
FizzyIzze said:
MikeSugs said:
This is my favorite thread on the internet, ever. So, the game I'm looking for I have been trying to find for over 10 years.

I'm almost positive the game is for the PS One. It is a 3D-fighting game and it might have multiplayer but I only played the single-player "campaign". Essentially it is a fighting game between robots where you are trying to climb a league ladder and be the number one robot. You can challenge robots above or below you and as you win you get to own one of their weapons. You are allowed to equip two weapons, one on your left arm and one on your right arm, and as you use them you become more proficient at using them and they do more damage. I'm trying to think of other memorable things.. but that was pretty much it.

Any ideas?
Robo Pit? Man, these requests are getting super obscure :p I can't wait for the day someone asks about a game about a green robot, who was a Native American or Indian because his name was Chief.
You win. I was sure it was Robo something :D

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
MikeSugs said:
You win. I was sure it was Robo something :D
Oh, cool man! This is my favorite thread, too, because I'm not familiar with the majority of the games people are asking about. I just try to find them based on the descriptions. This is more fun than the forum games section.

Er, no offense to the 8,000 people on there!

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
cultofthesun said:
hello, i remember playing a game when i was younger at the beginning you choose between a few different characters and they all start in different areas, i think it was an rpg in medieval times, and if i remember correctly all the characters start near each other, but not in the exact same spot.
Any other details you remember? Like platform, perspective, anything about the combat?

First thing that sprung to mind is the Romancing Saga series, specifically RS3 (the only one I've played). You get different characters to choose from and they all get slightly different perspectives of the opening sequence.

But I remember playing another SNES game where you similarly had different characters to choose from in the beginning. No idea what it was. Anyway, gonna need more specifics I think.

AVeryClassyCat

Feb 24, 2013
Wow, this thread has got to be one of the biggest trips to the past for me ever. Fantastic!

I've been trying to find a Genesis game for ages, it was like Contra except with alien-insect like things. The palette was a lot of dark purple, black, dark green, blues and reds. I can't remember much more of it other than the fact that I remember dying a lot and playing the first two levels over and over again...and even with that much repetition I still can't remember its name, ack!

Any help would be awesome.

Allecto

Feb 24, 2013
Allecto said:
Hey guys.

I have two games I can't remember, and it's been bothering me for ages!
Both of them were played around the 90's (I believe between 90-95, but I'm not sure), and I'm pretty sure they were demos in a very old Macintosh, the first computer we ever had in our house.

- First one: Some kind of Ancient Egypt/ Archaeologist game (not The Dig, I already checked). I remember clearly the introduction where there was some sort of Pharaoh, seemed like he was celebrating, and watching a dance or some entertaining thing, the camera went from him to the dance, then back to him, then back to the dance, then back to him and suddenly he seemed like he had a heart attack or something. I think he put his hand on his chest.
After that, I believe the game began. I think you were some sort of archaeologist, maybe there was some hieroglyphs on the wall, and I remember I couldn't speak english at the time (not my native language) and I didn't know what to do, so I always ended falling and the game was over. I'm almost sure there was some kind of message after I "died". Can't really remember anything about the graphics or how to control the character.
DAMN, I need so bad to see that game again.

ADD: This guy is talking about the same game, there's more info here: (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?p=449935#post449935)

"Skip down for the details. I remember playing a demo of this game. I think I got the demo from a Broderbund game, a The Learning Company game (I had a fewof the SuperSolver games),or possibly with Museum Madness? I can't remember. The reason I thought it was with a kids game cause this one was violent, and remember being shocked that it was offered alongside kid games. I checked Moby and Underdogs for TLC's and Broderbunds catalouge but didnt see anything similar.

Published in mid 90's I think. Point and click adventure. You were an Indiana Jones explorer type and were in a cave.... maybe a pyramid? I remember lots of brown in the environment and the character. I remember being faced with a few doors, and the game was VERY trial and error, cause one door had me tumbling to the next screen and breaking my neck, and the other sent me into a room where I was killed by vampire bats, and there was blood (shocking when this was bundled with a kids game :p). So eazy to die. I'd like to try it again now that I'm mature :p

That's all I got. I JUST remembered that it COULD have been a pyramid and not a cave, so I'm gonna search for egyptian themed adventure games. Thanks much."

- Second one: Some kind of first person shooter in space/ spaceship (kinda reminds me of Doom). I can't remember a lot, but there were aliens everywhere and almost no human being. I remember something about colors? I don't know why, colors seemed important. I vaguely remember opening doors, very Doom-like, actually. It's so damn blurry I really can't remember anything else about it. Again, no english speaking so never really knew what was going on or what I was doing.

I'll be so glad if anyone could remember it's very very old and the internets is not helping me out in this one.

Regards!
Guys, guys, found the first one!
It's Secrets of the Pyramids!

Second one's still a mystery tho...

JakobXII

Feb 24, 2013
Hello everybody,

I've built a new PC lately (only had my netbook for a few years, but haven't been gaming interested anyway) and I have been installing some old games that I love, many from the 2000 era, and there is a particular game that I can't remember the name of. Here is what I remember:

I play a female character, the setting is probably future Japan, I can only kick or hit and as I "level-up" I get to learn new combos, that I use by punching keys in an sequence on the keyboard. The mission is to stop someone/something, I fight regular npc's and now and then some bosses, one particular I remember is an AI I think, at least there is a big ass computer. Don't remember how one fights a computer though :p
I think the game is from 1998 - 2002

Thank you!

Heather Seymour

Feb 24, 2013
This has been bugging me for a while
it was a game on the sega dreamcast
you raced tiny toy cars through a house
I appreciate the help

cultofthesun

Feb 23, 2013
WoW Killer said:
cultofthesun said:
hello, i remember playing a game when i was younger at the beginning you choose between a few different characters and they all start in different areas, i think it was an rpg in medieval times, and if i remember correctly all the characters start near each other, but not in the exact same spot.
Any other details you remember? Like platform, perspective, anything about the combat?

First thing that sprung to mind is the Romancing Saga series, specifically RS3 (the only one I've played). You get different characters to choose from and they all get slightly different perspectives of the opening sequence.

But I remember playing another SNES game where you similarly had different characters to choose from in the beginning. No idea what it was. Anyway, gonna need more specifics I think.

i believe it was on pc and i think 3rd person

sovaa

Feb 24, 2013
I once saw a scifi game where you play with female character,(think she had red hair),it was third person camera.....
Anyway scifi futuristic game,female protagonist........

davste

Feb 24, 2013
I registered just because I found this thread on google. Here's what I can remember:
You had these clowns that were on one side of the screen and you had to devise ways to get them to the other side. You had different abilities (for example, you could shoot arrows somehow, and arrows used to get stuck on each other. Then, clowns could walk on the arrows and if you did it properly they could climb up a path.)

There was also a way to lose/kill clowns as far as I remember, you had a limited number you could lose - especially if they fall off a platform and die. Any ideas?

By the way, it's an MS-DOS game.

naglaya

Feb 24, 2013
Okay, it would be really awesome if someone could help me out, I am desperate since I cannot seem to remember this one game's name:

When I was younger I played a PS1 game, I'm pretty sure it was a fighting game, though I could be wrong here...
I played it about 15 years ago and all I can remember ist that I played as a girl dressed in pink.
I believe she was wearing a hat or something, also in pink and she had this flying yellow balloon thingy with her all the time. I can only remember being in a fighting situation (hence I believe it is a fighting game). The attacks were awesome, this girl could shoot symbols in correspondence to the buttons on your PS1 controler. So if you pressed the triangular button she would shoot triangular shaped symbols at the enemy. And that is all I can remember, sadly.

I really would appreciate your help though I doubt anybody can help me with these vague descriptions........

DktrAgonizer

Jun 7, 2010
Brittany Waggoner said:
Im looking for an old pc? game (80s or 90s). It consisted of an egg that had to hatch and turned into a dragon. You had to teach the dragon how to blow fire and you had to feed the dragon. It lived on a rock on a mountain and when it was finished growing and it had learned everything, it flew off into the sky and you started out with a new egg to train the take care of. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like Quest For Camelot: Dragon Games

Now, if only I could find a way to play that online without going through skeevy torrenting sites... :p

Sztybson

Feb 24, 2013
Hi

I'm looking for PS One game. I remember some guys in yellow suits. They were shooting to terrorists.Terrorists were jumping over the wall.I think it was in first mission.I remember mission in tunnel or something like that ;d

Thanks.

yepper1234

Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking for a pretty old spaceship game, that I want to get in touch with because it was a childhood memory. I was hoping you could help me with it.

It was in 3D, it was a thirdperson shooter, and you basically controlled a spaceship to progress through a level and fight off other spaceships and other really weird mechanical things.

I don't know if I played the demo or the game version, but you started out inside of some kind of a space station, you flew around (up, down, turning, and forward, backwards, side-to-side controls were all there). At the start, a camera panned around your spacecraft until it reached behind it, then you had control of it, there was some glass behind you in the first room that overlooked space, and the first room had 2 hallways that rounded around and met on the opposite end of the room (like area above the elevator in the beginning of Half-Life which falls and kills the scientists, the one with the moving pictures). At one point I think you exited the space station through some broken glass and flew around outside, but you were restricted by a skybox to how high you can go up. You shot stationary turrets and all of that good stuff too.

I don't remember much, I remember playing it on the computer around the 2000's. The spaceship was silver or white (maybe). It played like any other linear game out right now. It was a PC game.

And if this helps at all, I remember some kind of a 2d missle defense game associated in my memory with it, where you had to shoot asteroids or aliens or something with your guns that fall on the Earth. Like space invaders, but a modernized *for that time version with turrets. Maybe it was a packaged deal or something.

If anyone can help me, I'd love you forever.

Felteppsters

Feb 22, 2009
I've been searching for the last three hours and can't come up with the answer.. I found it years ago, and wrote the game down, but i lost the sheet and now i can't remember or find what it is. It's not ClueFinders, i don't believe...

It's a PC game, made between early 90's to 2000 i believe, you got to dig up dinosaur bones, but you also got to feed the dinosaurs in a little Dinosaur Diner type thing. Feeding the carnivorous' meat, and the herbivores veggies. But there's also another part, not sure if its the same game, or part of a series... where you go underwater and you have to match a photo of a fish by clicking on the fish parts and put it together.

Is this making any sense? I can see it in my head, but i'm not sure if i'm describing it well enough or not..

If anyone remembers these at all... please let me know!!

Thank you!