Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

NoxArt

Jan 3, 2014
Hi, the game I can't find a name of is: an older (blind guess around '97) isometric 2d game, you control a group of people (probably including scientists) in a futuristic lab facility infested with aliens, trying to get out. I think that visually there was predominance of light blue and yellow. IIRC when starting the game there was an alien jumping onto the screen. Visual style somewhat similar to X-Com Apocalypse, but likely older.
Not much to go on, but maybe someone will know a few games like this.

NoxArt

Jan 3, 2014
TheKing Nuro said:
Hello guys :)

I'm looking for a game which is controlled bird view, i think it was Playstation 1 or pc.

You have a base where you can build robots, you could choose the legs and the body the weapon, stuff like that.
You had to destroy the other robots, maps were mostly pretty small.
Maybe Metal Fatigue (PC)?

nejcmusic

Dec 1, 2009
Please help I am still looking for this game and have been to many abandonware and classic games sites with no luck.
I am looking for a 3d racing game 1995-2005 test drive 5 style graphics
the only things i remember are:
-the car select menu had orange and red flames
-and one of the cars that you could drive was a red and yellow striped muslce car (something like the car in the middle http://images.wikia.com/gtawiki/images/a/ab/Savanna-GTASA-modified-front.jpg)
-the drivers of the cars might have been displayed next to their car at the select screen

If anyone has any information or if they remember playing something like this please share.

Frostyness

Jan 4, 2014
Well here I go...there is a PS1 game I used to play and you could choose 4 party members from a wide variety of characters like the male warrior had blue hair, a blonde female witch/mage, a male blonde elf, a fairy, archer, assassin and a samurai female with pink hair maybe more and you could also change their color palette's with about 4 to 6 choices. You needed a memory card to save the 3 members on or you would have to play solo. You started in a pub/tavern/inn place and you had to do something and then when you leave you go into some forest place and you encounter and fight enemies like a hack 'n' slash and your character's can fall off cliffs and into water and die from enemies. You also find an empty house in the forest. So that's all I can remember if anyone could help me...

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
Frostyness said:
Well here I go...there is a PS1 game I used to play and you could choose 4 party members from a wide variety of characters like the male warrior had blue hair, a blonde female witch/mage, a male blonde elf, a fairy, archer, assassin and a samurai female with pink hair maybe more and you could also change their color palette's with about 4 to 6 choices. You needed a memory card to save the 3 members on or you would have to play solo. You started in a pub/tavern/inn place and you had to do something and then when you leave you go into some forest place and you encounter and fight enemies like a hack 'n' slash and your character's can fall off cliffs and into water and die from enemies. You also find an empty house in the forest. So that's all I can remember if anyone could help me...
Gauntlet: Legends? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/gauntlet-legends/3030-12245/images/ )

TheKing Nuro

Jan 4, 2014
NoxArt said:
TheKing Nuro said:

I'm looking for a game which is controlled bird view, i think it was Playstation 1 or pc.

You have a base where you can build robots, you could choose the legs and the body the weapon, stuff like that.
Nope style was a bit dark and graphics bit better,
but the bird views is correct.

Moving the robots was pretty slow and you mostly couldn't make alot of robots fast.

But thanks though ^^ ( i remember the costumizations being rockets, spider legs (to move faster) stuff like that :p

Jaqhal

Jan 5, 2014
Hi! I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me with this PS1 game.
Well, I only remember a bit of the game. At the beginning, you had to choose between 4 characters (two men, two women if I'm not mistaken) and what I remember the most is that one of those men was a big, enormous muscled shirtless man. He was so strong that you needed him to break a large entrance door with his fists (one of these automated doors for cars) as the beginning scene of a part of the game. I cannot remember if it was the first part or the second... sorry. But once you broke into the building's parking (full of police trucks I think), police would attack you. After the fight, you would enter the building, a video would appear and your objective would fly away in a helicopter, while two women with long, very long claws (can't remember if made of steel, but sharp as steel indeed) would attack you. And that's all I can remember because... well, those women always killed me, lol.

Frostyness

Jan 4, 2014
Doomgriever said:
Frostyness said:
Gauntlet: Legends? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/gauntlet-legends/3030-12245/images/ )
Thanks for the reply but it is not the game. They seem similar but I know it's not the same game. Still hoping...

Profilaktiskas

Feb 6, 2013
Hi all.

Can you please tell me the name of this game..

it was old enough game for pc. RTS genre I think, where your resources was only to harvest grain or smth, and other resource is luxury, but the same, where you get more resource when worker gets to headquater.(similar to starcraft resources, except not crystals..)
The main units - Footman, Archer and Gunner
its like old warcraft game, but set in japan or smth..
There also was day and night cycles..
Also water units, boats and so..
There was also magic units, dont remember all..

could you please guys, tell the name if this game.. I was enjoying this game so much, would be nice to play it again

EvilWebb

Jan 5, 2014
I use to go to my friends house in the early 90's and he had a computer game that I have been trying to remeber all these years later. It was set either in space or some demonic diminsion. It played like Myst. One of the key tasks was to make music videos using alien or demon technology and it was Heavy Metal music. It was extremely edgy for its time period and I remeber lots of flames and evil tones. I would really like to know the name of this game. It is driving me crazy.

Nov 15, 2013
I remember it was a gameplay trailer, or more it felt like a technological demo, showing off an engine without any HUD (ammo, health etc). I think I saw it between years 2006-2007. It was a First Person Shooter set in some sandy town which felt like Egypt, Turkey or Iraq, the place where it was happening looked like this - http://bit.ly/1btublC ... you know this kind of a building structure, I also remember that there was a little sandstorm going through that place, enemies were all over the place - on roofs, on balconies, in alleys, enemies were also wearing this on head - http://bit.ly/1d1D1xO ... person which you controlled could lean over objects, was holding and shooting from a weapon which looked like FN-FAL - http://bit.ly/1cvMngh or HK21 - http://bit.ly/1hL3YaZ ... at least I think, and in a background was playing some kind of an orchestral Arabian/Turkish felt-like music. I don't even know if that game was released or cancelled, or if it was just some kind of a technological demo, and I also don't know for what platforms it was made for. Can't remember more.

EvilWebb

Jan 5, 2014
TheKing Nuro said:
NoxArt said:
TheKing Nuro said:

Moving the robots was pretty slow and you mostly couldn't make alot of robots fast.

But thanks though ^^ ( i remember the costumizations being rockets, spider legs (to move faster) stuff like that :p
Is it RoboWars, RoboJoust, Mechwarriors, or Cyber Fusion?

ilyen

Jan 5, 2014
Hello guys,
I'm looking for a game that was either on PS1 or nintendo ?? it was a fighting game 1v1 i don't really remember much of it but i know i loved it very much. It was 3d ish or rts view you(not sure completly) could build up really big attacks like a big thick laser that was brutal and my most vivid memory is that you could survive within a shield/barrier thing (that was the defense) but if you used up some energy or something before defense you couldn't stay in the shield/barrier long enough. The characters were humans i think, humanoids for sure.

I know its not much but i hope someone is know what i'm talking about.
Thanks

CyberRedZombie

Dec 28, 2013
guys pls can any1 here answer on my post? Im sure its one of the old games just need the name of it.
"
so guys i have a problem, i played this game when i was a kid, not sure the name of it or even when this game came out.
To be honest i was looking for it for ages.. It was arcade type 2D game. When u walked by a purple (or blue?) ball guy with legs and arms shooting with several types of guns sometimes lasers .. something with space environment. Generally it was a game with a lot of fun."

i need ur help about it..

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Profilaktiskas said:
Hi all.

Can you please tell me the name of this game..

it was old enough game for pc. RTS genre I think, where your resources was only to harvest grain or smth, and other resource is luxury, but the same, where you get more resource when worker gets to headquater.(similar to starcraft resources, except not crystals..)
The main units - Footman, Archer and Gunner
its like old warcraft game, but set in japan or smth..
There also was day and night cycles..
Also water units, boats and so..
There was also magic units, dont remember all..

could you please guys, tell the name if this game.. I was enjoying this game so much, would be nice to play it again
This could be "Seven Years War". I don't know about the luxury ressource but the main ressource was rice if I remember it correctly. You also had gunners, boats that shot fire and such things. The game plays during a war between Korea and Japan so that would fit.
It could also be "Rising Lands" but that is not set in Asia and the main ressource were pumpkins, stone, wood and iron I think.

Ricike

Jan 5, 2014
(sorry for bad english)
I remember my brother playing an old PC game when I was little, it must have been between 1990-2000. About the game I remember very little, just some sketchy memories. You were controlling some kind of plane, a jet, or something like that, maybe it was a helicopter. You had to destroy enemy bases. In each map there were 2-6 missions or something like that, after you finished, then you could go to the next map. Each map was on different planets I think, because I remember on some maps the environment was red, other was just green, like its on Earth...You could pick up a shield, then blue triangles were circling around you :D it absorbed some damage from enemies. Your base weapon first was very weak, it was just shooting a white dot, but it could be upgraded on each map if you found the upgrade and picked it up.

Thats all I can remember, I have been looking for it in the last months, I spent so many hours looking for it with google, no success.

alpfrm

Jan 5, 2014
Also I try to find a game that i played around1995. There was a man try to save his family. there were levels. each level was like ina garden or city.. he is walking through paths sometimes he across grass then he should find the boots to walk on grass, if he needs to walk on water or pass a river he should find boots for water. Anyone can remember the name of the game? it was a dos game or windows 95game

Plenary Tan

Jan 5, 2014
Hey there! I'm looking for a game I believe I played on windows 95. In the game, you basically navigate the character around eating mushrooms. The mushrooms come in all sorts of variety e.g. some will set off a bomb/some are poisonous. Would really appreciate some help in identifying the game! Thanks!

TheKing Nuro

Jan 4, 2014
EvilWebb said:
TheKing Nuro said:
NoxArt said:
TheKing Nuro said:

Is it RoboWars, RoboJoust, Mechwarriors, or Cyber Fusion?
Nope none of those :) I got some reference material ^^

http://www.diygamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/18a1mcdroid-gameplay-01-613x301.png
The view point was like this.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120123131524/vsrecommendedgames/images/thumb/1/18/Apocalypse_PS1_Cover.jpg/150px-Apocalypse_PS1_Cover.jpg
cover of the game was like this, except had a robot in front i think with a bit debris.

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/c/o/colony-wars-red-sun-playstation-ps1-010_m.jpg
The style of dark and the quality were close to this.

The games robots were not big, nor were they very small like robowars.
They were in an medium size and fit through 1 coridor in the game.

But still thanks for guessing again ^^