Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

TheMasterSurge

Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

There is three different games I am trying to remember but am unable to recall the name. Fortunately, I remember the game play very well.

I played these games somewhere around 2003-2005. They are PC games, which where installed on windows vista and I think it was part of a gamepack from Microsoft.

The first game was a 2D top view turn based spaceship dog fighting game. You commanded a fleet of about 5 ships to just yourself. You and your allies ships where green colored and the enemy ships where orange. You could select different formations you wanted your fleet in, such as single file or "^" shaped. You where only able to control one ship and was able to steer it around by a tiny white arrow pointing out the front of the ship. To speed the ship up you would drag the arrow farther from the ship. Plus the ships also had a turn based acceleration where every turn you would drag the arrow farther. The ship had a HUD that showed the ships statistics such as max speed and max turning radius There also was a display that showed the number of thrusters, armor, missile launch tubes, and life. You could get the engines damaged and have the ships max speed would decrease. The ship had an assortment of different missiles such as dog fighting missiles, long ranged missiles, and missiles that fire in a single direction but are extremely powerful. If the ship was being targeted by a missile, a indicator would appear near the top of the screen telling you how much a threat the missile would be. If the played was about to lose, then they had the option of ejecting. One of the objectives was to go and destroy the enemy command center. There were also asteroids placed around the map.

The second game was a turn based game like one of those conquer the world game, such the risk boardgame. The map was a bunch of islands and on most of them was a city or two. The player was not able to create or destroy cities. Each city got a resource point each turn and each city was able to build a selection of units. The map was a grid and the units where squares shaped with an image of what unit they where depicted in the center of the unit. There where different team that where controlled by the computer. I remember this game being vary hard to play. The main menu was something like a island with a mushroom cloud coming from it. I think the name was something with word "domination" in it but I am not sure.

The third game was a set in WW2 and when playing the game, it moved at a consistent pace (like real time multiplayer games). The player started with several squads, such as a command squad, mortar, and several squads with soldiers armed rifles. There also where tanks, the option to bombard a designated area with smoke or bombs to take care of you enemy. The game's objective was to eliminate the enemy, capture a point, or till they surrender. The enemy was able to hide in bushes and troops had to try and kill them.

Thanks in advance to anyone that would be able to help. :D

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
TheMasterSurge said:
Hi,

There is three different games I am trying to remember but am unable to recall the name. Fortunately, I remember the game play very well.

I played these games somewhere around 2003-2005. They are PC games, which where installed on windows vista and I think it was part of a gamepack from Microsoft.

The first game was a 2D top view turn based spaceship dog fighting game. You commanded a fleet of about 5 ships to just yourself. You and your allies ships where green colored and the enemy ships where orange. You could select different formations you wanted your fleet in, such as single file or "^" shaped. You where only able to control one ship and was able to steer it around by a tiny white arrow pointing out the front of the ship. To speed the ship up you would drag the arrow farther from the ship. Plus the ships also had a turn based acceleration where every turn you would drag the arrow farther. The ship had a HUD that showed the ships statistics such as max speed and max turning radius There also was a display that showed the number of thrusters, armor, missile launch tubes, and life. You could get the engines damaged and have the ships max speed would decrease. The ship had an assortment of different missiles such as dog fighting missiles, long ranged missiles, and missiles that fire in a single direction but are extremely powerful. If the ship was being targeted by a missile, a indicator would appear near the top of the screen telling you how much a threat the missile would be. If the played was about to lose, then they had the option of ejecting. One of the objectives was to go and destroy the enemy command center. There were also asteroids placed around the map.

The second game was a turn based game like one of those conquer the world game, such the risk boardgame. The map was a bunch of islands and on most of them was a city or two. The player was not able to create or destroy cities. Each city got a resource point each turn and each city was able to build a selection of units. The map was a grid and the units where squares shaped with an image of what unit they where depicted in the center of the unit. There where different team that where controlled by the computer. I remember this game being vary hard to play. The main menu was something like a island with a mushroom cloud coming from it. I think the name was something with word "domination" in it but I am not sure.

The third game was a set in WW2 and when playing the game, it moved at a consistent pace (like real time multiplayer games). The player started with several squads, such as a command squad, mortar, and several squads with soldiers armed rifles. There also where tanks, the option to bombard a designated area with smoke or bombs to take care of you enemy. The game's objective was to eliminate the enemy, capture a point, or till they surrender. The enemy was able to hide in bushes and troops had to try and kill them.

Thanks in advance to anyone that would be able to help. :D
#3: Sounds like Company Of Heroes ( http://www.giantbomb.com/company-of-heroes/3030-18930/images/ )

jcrascal

Feb 13, 2014
Maybe 8-12 years old, could be n64 or ps1 i cant really remember.. but it had to do with tanks, planes, and i think boats. There was a mode where you could play splitscreen, and you could capture these outposts that'd spawn a fixed number of tanks, and the goal was to enter your opponents base or kill their main tank i think. The campaign was more complex though. Its killing me not remembering... for the love of god some one help me its bothered me for years thanks

Misael

Feb 13, 2014
Hello Forum,

I´ve been looking my eyes out for this one game. I played it roughly 25 years ago in an Arcade, later I believe it was also published on the C64.

Side scrolling Jump and run game, a small knight running through a wood collecting coins. Every now and then there was like a shop in the woods where you could buy better swords, powerups, armor, shields, etc.

Please Help.

Thanks Misael

brunofin

Feb 13, 2014
Hello people,

I have this game flashing in my mind from time to time, and I can't really remember it.

It's a game for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, in a cartoonish style, made for kids propably.
What I can remember from it is that it was with a lot of mini-games, but you were all the time the same guy, these mini-games were very different from eachother.

One of them, I remember it had something to do with building a brick wall, maybe there was a dog house on the other side of the wall, or by my side of it. Something sometimes was destroying this wall too. I remember throwing bricks.

Another mini-game that I remember was some sort of race, or at least it had cars, but not real cars, like Peugeot or something like this. Something made of wood maybe, with an engine and wheels, that you could call a car if you're a kid. The view was from the top, like old GTA 1 and 2, but still cartoonish, and the camera is not going far from you with speed. I remember that you had to chase somebody, or maybe somebody was chasing you. You were able to throw oil in the track, or maybe nails, something to bother who were chasing you (or maybe who you were chasing were able to do it to bother you :p).

And the other mini-game I remember, the view was again from top, you were walking in a square room, something like a storage room, between crates. I don't remember what you had to do there, maybe find something before time runs out.

I don't remember this game being multi-player, I am almost sure you could only play it alone.

And well, I leave this here in hope somebody knows it. Thanks :)

Mothhive

Apr 2, 2010
Misael said:
Hello Forum,

I´ve been looking my eyes out for this one game. I played it roughly 25 years ago in an Arcade, later I believe it was also published on the C64.

Side scrolling Jump and run game, a small knight running through a wood collecting coins. Every now and then there was like a shop in the woods where you could buy better swords, powerups, armor, shields, etc.

Please Help.

Thanks Misael
Flimbo's Quest?

teryy10

Feb 4, 2014
Thanks in advance for the idea of ​​this topic
ِAnd Thanks in advance for everyone will respond to my question

PC Game competitions & Action looks like "Asterix mega madness"
realize maybe from 2001 to 2004
it can played with four characters
"two men and two women" they looks like farmers in Scotland or Nether land

Some shoots from the game :

* Fishing with TNT in a boat and you ride the boat and sometimes u can blow up a crocodile for more points
* horseshoe throwing hand stick whenever occurred near the stick visited balance
* Shooting on the characters and animals from the game itself
* Deployment by saw huge trees like the one used by farmers in Scotland
* Field is divided like the chess board put in a box Carbonated water cover it and then cow
come lying on one of these boxes and cow lying in the box chosen by one of the players is the winner
that's what i remember about this game
plz if u know any thing about the name of this game
plz plz tell me about it

brunoc

Dec 10, 2013
Early 90's mac adventure game.

You had to go round and collect apples that had fallen off trees. Then you would give these apples to creatures so they would like you. If they accepted the apple they would smile and follow you around and help you attack enemies. If they rejected the apple they would frown at you and attack. I think there were castles in the game that you could attack.
That's all I can really remember. Anyone help?

Daboss_360

Feb 13, 2014
Hello I am having a little trouble remembering a game i used to play on the PS2 and It was where you started out as a guy who was being attacked by a flying robot or something like that and he runs away and ends up finding an uncontrolled robot and then you have to go and defeat other people who also control robots or something like that. sorry for the lack of information. it would help a lot

outoflock377

Jan 12, 2014
Hey!

PC game: Third person , game was 3D, but old, about 10 years old by its graphics (I played it 7-8 years ago). You had to control a hero, which was fighting like a samurai, with a sword, I think. You had to go through levels, kill enemies (they were with swords too as far as I remember). Later strange gorillas with yellow and red eyes (I perfectly remember I weren't able to kill those without using a special combo). There were boss monsters too. It was possible to do fighting combinations in that game. What I remember else, there probably were 8 levels. When you complete them, you have to go from level 8 and back all the levels you completed before till you get to the first one (you just had to go back where you came from). Enemies, which you killed before, revived and they were like zombies and skeletons, which you had to kill too. There was a statue in first level, which requied a special weapon to destroy. Then you get to dungeons, where the final boss is (I think it was a dragon with 3 heads, each got different color and abilities (fire, poison and ice as far as I remember). There you complete the game. I remember that I had a fighting challenge after completion of every level. When you complete challenge, you get a scarf increasing your maximum HP. And the last thing I remember is that you could collect tokens with dragon markings on them but I don't remember what they were used for..

P.S. I'm not 100% sure if those tokens or bosses were exactly dragons. They could be snakes or something else

Please help me to remember that game!

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Tiny116 said:
2 IS a battle driving game. Think Death race meets Wipeout and unreal tournament, winner gets out of death row. Lots of cool arena and weapons, no idea what happened to it though.
I don't care if the post is four years old and they've probably figured it out since then/not logged on, but no one posted the answer within the first four pages or so and I'm 99% sure the game is MEGARACE. I LOVED that game!
http://www.gog.com/game/megarace_1_2

Sorry, I started reading this thread from the beginning and it was nagging at me. Like that time in class where you totally know the answer and you're straining your arm, but the teacher doesn't call on you.

Now for my query. I shall continue searching through the 355 pages of this thread,
but I'm Looking for two educational PC games from 80s/90s

1. Remember playing it on old boxy Macs in school lab. It was a black and white racing game, pretty sure it was a math game. When you were ready to race the big boss a little voice would say "Oh no, oh no, OH NO!" in a higher and higher pitch.

2. Math game where I think you were having a party in a haunted house. There were all sorts of things to click on for little animations. There were monsters, and I remember there being one fraction game where you were mixing gross ingredients like eyeballs and such. Bright colorful cartoony graphics, either 90s or maaaybe early 2000s

Daboss_360 said:
Hello I am having a little trouble remembering a game i used to play on the PS2 and It was where you started out as a guy who was being attacked by a flying robot or something like that and he runs away and ends up finding an uncontrolled robot and then you have to go and defeat other people who also control robots or something like that. sorry for the lack of information. it would help a lot
Sounds like Zone of Enders

ahrimansiah

Feb 12, 2014
ahrimansiah said:
Hi guys, well i was searching whole net for the game i loved so much in my childhood and i found this place,

Well it was a PC semi3D real time rpg-str genre with from top camera view from 1990-2000, you were fighting a infestation in the city which was growing the more you play, you had different characters to choose as members for your squad of 4(5 maybe?) and could give them different weapons, sentry guns and tools like camera's.
when you order new weapons they would be dropped in a location in city and you had to recover your new weapons by going there as a mission!
i do remember that when ever you start a mission your hammer jeep was in location where you start the map!
the game was starting with fighting armed ppl and in later missions fighting monsters and even some huge boss in sewers! also in the map before mission you could choose which location of the city that is infested to attack.

i do remember the starting video of the game was about a state in some kind of museum that start the infection or something but its really blurry in my mind!

Im really grateful for ANY help about either what game it was or how can i find it! im really hyped to play it again and i want to find it before this hype goes away :/
BUMP...
ur my last hope, can someone at least give me a link where i can see all rpg games from 1990-2000 with pics?? maybe i can find my game by looking at pics

sleeze

Feb 13, 2014
Hey guys! Hoping you could help me out here. I played this really weird game when I was a kid, it was about this scientist that created some chemical that made cute little animals turn into murder machines. A VS fighting game on PC, early 2000s I'd guess.

Keep it reel

Sleeze

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
ahrimansiah said:
BUMP...
ur my last hope, can someone at least give me a link where i can see all rpg games from 1990-2000 with pics?? maybe i can find my game by looking at pics
These are probably places you've already checked, but you can try GOG's listings
http://www.gog.com/games/rpg

http://www.abandonia.com/en/game/RPG
http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/category/rpg/
This link has a spot to check for a screenshot
http://www.dosgames.com/g_rpg.php

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
ahrimansiah said:
ahrimansiah said:
Hi guys, well i was searching whole net for the game i loved so much in my childhood and i found this place,

Well it was a PC semi3D real time rpg-str genre with from top camera view from 1990-2000, you were fighting a infestation in the city which was growing the more you play, you had different characters to choose as members for your squad of 4(5 maybe?) and could give them different weapons, sentry guns and tools like camera's.
when you order new weapons they would be dropped in a location in city and you had to recover your new weapons by going there as a mission!
i do remember that when ever you start a mission your hammer jeep was in location where you start the map!
the game was starting with fighting armed ppl and in later missions fighting monsters and even some huge boss in sewers! also in the map before mission you could choose which location of the city that is infested to attack.

i do remember the starting video of the game was about a state in some kind of museum that start the infection or something but its really blurry in my mind!

Im really grateful for ANY help about either what game it was or how can i find it! im really hyped to play it again and i want to find it before this hype goes away :/
BUMP...
Abomination: The Nemesis Project? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/abomination-the-nemesis-project/3030-1802/images/ )

ahrimansiah

Feb 12, 2014
Doomgriever said:
ahrimansiah said:
ahrimansiah said:

BUMP...
OMG!!! i saw that name 2 times and i didnt though its the game!!! THANX ALOOOT DUDE!! u made my day ^^
Abomination: The Nemesis Project? ( http://www.giantbomb.com/abomination-the-nemesis-project/3030-1802/images/ )

steven87025

Feb 14, 2014
Hello, forums, I am trying to remember the name of a ps2 game where you started out as some normal caveman all alone, but built your way up to a caveman army and hunted for food and things like that, you could unlock new areas, and also, the final boss was god.

oldkiller

Feb 14, 2014
There's a old game in PC (a sim type of game) where you build building with the help of robots that look like Wall-E. When you put a brick onto the floor, the robot automatically pick it up and move it to the designation you choose. I'd never played pass the 1st level or idk if there are any level at all.

JaydeLauryn

Mar 16, 2011
Hey, looking for the name of an old game I used to play on my family pc. From what I can remember it was a 'horror' game. You played from aerial view, exploring a house or mansion?
I think I remember blood or slime coming from the walls or floor to engulf you, but I'm not sure. There was definitely something chasing you or following you as you explores different rooms.
I realise how vague of a description/ memory this is, but if anyone has any ideas I'd love to find out. Thanks.