Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

zymcio

Mar 17, 2014
hi all i am looking for a game that was for win 95/98. What i remember there was many levels like in "candy crash" u was playing a monster and you could fly/walk(if u pressed space button he fly).To pass level u need some tools and remove all things. To control tools u must sit with your monster. There was many enemy's if they hit you u lose the tool.
the tools was like hammer screws piler saw and many others.

hleeper

Mar 17, 2014
Hi all, I'm looking for a game - I think I would have played it in the early 2000s on PC. All I can remember is that you had to find some scrolls to create magic spells - there were various ways you could transform the scrolls (with mirrors etc.) The game was on several discs and I remember there being lots of trees in the graphics! Couldn't possibly be more vague...

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
Roman78 said:
I asked it in a adventure forum because i own a lot of scifi adventure games but not this one and some one said "Universe" from Core Design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe_%281994_video_game%29

YES! That's the one! Thank you so much!

FlambeNobunaga

Mar 4, 2013
It was a SNES game. A 3d racing game if I remember rightly. It sort of looked like Star Fox on the SNES but with, y'know, cars. If it helps narrow it down, I do remember the game running at like 10fps. I don't know if that will make any difference.

Ruger15

Mar 17, 2014
Hello, I'm trying to remember a game as well. It was an old 2d game. I believe you could have multiple players play on the same pc with different key bindings. I'm not sure if you could only play the archer or if there were other classes. The camera angle was from the sky. I don't think the game ever ended, but I could be wrong. You could level up.

I have a screen shot of the character you can play here. I have looked forever and stumbled across this great forum. I know its small but it's the only thing I could find. I found this because of an imigur glitch from reddit. I remembered the game but can't find it.

Here's the link to the imigur: http://imgur.com/aG3DxsM

Thanks!

Tudor Mosneagu

Mar 17, 2014
I'm looking for an old game that was creepin me out when I was a kid. It was a side scrolling game and the graphics were not cartoony, it wanted to be realistic. So in this game from what I remember you were in a desert playing with a man that had some blueish tight costume on him and after you walked a bit, big spiders, as big as a human started to come out from the ground but they had a realistic look and it scared the crap out of me. After that a huge spider appeared in the backrground walking. And then it came in the forground in front of me but it was so big it didn't fit the screen. That's pretty much what I remember. And I don't know why I associate the word "rebel" with it. I thought it was called rebelix or something but I couldn't find anything with that word. Maybe someone can help me. I would really appreciate it. :)

hmpm

Mar 17, 2014
It is a game with ninjas for playstation 1. I remember playing the versus mode. There was a large square field, with a few obstacles...all looked like japanese houses or dojos. The ninjas would throw stuff at each other from a distance basically, usually giant sizes throwing stars and knifes. Damn, after writing it down i see how little info i got on this. Whoever gets this right is godlike.

krasko11

Mar 9, 2014
zukowskipatryk said:
krasko11 said:
Hey I've been trying to find a game I used to play somewhere around 2000-2002.I think it is an RPG but I'm not quite sure.You play a female character.The graphics of the game were pretty good for its year.Basically you start off in something like a forest and you kill a couple of monsters then you go to this temple where after you dodge a number of traps you find a dragon.At a certain point in the game you go to a strange mine which is green on the inside and after that you ride a dragon.That is all I can remember.If this rings any bells to someone any help would be appreciated. :)
Neer played it, but.. Drakan?
That's the game!Thank you very very much!!!

Mar 18, 2014
Alright, I'm going to be as descriptive as possible here since I really need to find this game guys so please help.
The game has a birds eye view and is somewhat old graphics, although it can vary.
You start off after your car breaks down in a desert near a creepy town,
where at one point is crowded with giant scorpions.
You are a girl I believe.
In this town, there is a weird shop and a hotel which you end up staying in.
I can also remember this game having a large factory/warehouse where you see some alien creature in.
Also, there is a part with an underground mine..
Please help me out here guys ^-^ Ty!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
hmpm said:
It is a game with ninjas for playstation 1. I remember playing the versus mode. There was a large square field, with a few obstacles...all looked like japanese houses or dojos. The ninjas would throw stuff at each other from a distance basically, usually giant sizes throwing stars and knifes. Damn, after writing it down i see how little info i got on this. Whoever gets this right is godlike.
Erm...Tenchu: Stealth Assassins?

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
xgalacticninjax said:
Bumping to the front, because this is killing me. Any ideas?
That's an odd one, because I can't recall any Genesis games ever having loading screens. Also there were very few games that resembled point and click style adventuring. The description certainly doesn't ring any bells. Could you be thinking of a Sega CD game, or perhaps a PC game from that era?

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
FlambeNobunaga said:
It was a SNES game. A 3d racing game if I remember rightly. It sort of looked like Star Fox on the SNES but with, y'know, cars. If it helps narrow it down, I do remember the game running at like 10fps. I don't know if that will make any difference.
Stunt Race FX, probably.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
hmpm said:
Sounds a lot like Power Stone, although that was on the Dreamcast.

MMJ6

Mar 18, 2014
Sooo, I've just spent the last hour googling various keywords I could think of to describe this game and got nowhere, then I stumbled upon this forum so here goes.

The game I'm trying to remember was an online, 2d, multiplayer game. You designed your little character with the various pre-set heads and bodies that I seem to remember being horror-themed like skulls and monster torsos. You then joined a game with other players where you sat on one snowy, sloping edge of the screen, opposite a mirrored slope, separated by a tall hill.

The aim of the game was to throw various different types of snowball at your enemy team - such as cluster bombs - over the hill. You had to aim higher to accommodate for gravity.

That's pretty much all I can think off, and this seems like it may be a pretty obscure game sooo...
Thanks to anyone that reads my post.

xr1ck

Mar 18, 2014
Just 1 game, it's a matching game where 2 coloured blobs drop from the top of the screen and you can rotate them to match with the ones already placed on your screen. The blobs have eyes and they combine with other blobs if they are the same colour. You can play against a cpu or another person on split screen. If you match enough blobs in one play, you can drop boulders onto your opponent.

Carolina Ascencio

Mar 17, 2014
Carolina Ascencio said:
I'm looking for a game that was for Windows 95 or 98.. I don't really remember because I was like 6 or 7 years old. The game is about a green creature, he's a kid with a horn on his head. He explores a haunted mansion looking for clues for some people/ monsters that went missing. In order to do that you play games that have to do with learning adjectives and verbs and stuff like that. After beating the mini games several times you find out what happened to the person and you release their spirit from the mansion. You also collect clouds that connect to this creepy lab.

I remembered a little bit more..
The game starts off that the kid is reading a newspaper and it says all these celebrities went missing at a party or event in a large mansion on top of a mountain. All the celebrities are like monsters, such as Frankenstein, a mummy, and other monsters creatures. The kid, the green creature, wants to uncover the story because I think he's interested in becoming a reporter or something so he takes his red car and goes to the mansion to find out what happened. There's several rooms and they're all really creepy with lots of books and stuff. You can also hear ghosts whispering trying to give clues. I remember there's a cemetery in the backyard and you can play a mini game there to find clues. Once you uncover what happened to a person, a story is written about they're discovery and you can find it on a newspaper. Most of the games are about trying to distinguish verbs, nouns, adverbs, adjectives and so on. I remember this mini game on a jukebox where you have to write sentences using different words. I vaguely remember the other mini games but I know there was one in the kitchen where you went inside the water faucet and had jump on clouds that were adjectives and if you did it correctly you get to the other side and go up a little more and unlock that level.. I always had trouble with this mini game because the clouds or ghost go through the wall and you have to keep jumping on clouds to survive other wise you have to start all over..
I figured it out. It was called Reading Blaster. It has a mad scientist on the cover and it's for ages 9-12

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
xr1ck said:
Just 1 game, it's a matching game where 2 coloured blobs drop from the top of the screen and you can rotate them to match with the ones already placed on your screen. The blobs have eyes and they combine with other blobs if they are the same colour. You can play against a cpu or another person on split screen. If you match enough blobs in one play, you can drop boulders onto your opponent.
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (GEN) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/dr-robotniks-mean-bean-machine/3030-11442/images/ )

which is a clone of Puyo Puyo ( there are a lot of them, on multiple platforms ) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/puyo-puyo/3025-427/ )

xr1ck

Mar 18, 2014
Doomgriever said:
xr1ck said:
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (GEN) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/dr-robotniks-mean-bean-machine/3030-11442/images/ )

which is a clone of Puyo Puyo ( there are a lot of them, on multiple platforms ) ( http://www.giantbomb.com/puyo-puyo/3025-427/ )
Thanks

xgalacticninjax

Mar 2, 2014
Batou667 said:
xgalacticninjax said:
Bumping to the front, because this is killing me. Any ideas?
That's an odd one, because I can't recall any Genesis games ever having loading screens. Also there were very few games that resembled point and click style adventuring. The description certainly doesn't ring any bells. Could you be thinking of a Sega CD game, or perhaps a PC game from that era?

It certainly could have been Sega CD, as I had one. Definitely not PC though. The point and click part is only a suspicion, I wish I could remember more... you're right though, no loading screens on genesis. I think I'll spend some time with the Sega CD wiki game list.

Dobromir Hristov

Mar 18, 2014
Hey , there was this 90's PC racing game with monster trucks(tracks) and buggies and regular cars on the beach and on tracks and as i recall there was VW Beetle it was the fastest car and i allways played with it :D there was also the VW Van i think and i played it so much i allways wanted to beat that record time and i played with my parrents it also had multiplayer-Split Screen option it was AWESOME pls help me , if i remember more info i will share :D , thanks in advance