Opinion's on sexuality

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
If you're bothered by who someone has sex with in their privacy you're an asshole. However if they're having sex on your couch/bed/dinner table you probably have a right to be upset...regardless of their partner :U

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Shio said:
I suppose you'll claim next that most people aren't tall and those exposed to tall people become tall as a result? Sorry, biology doesn't work that way and there is no evidence in the world that heterosexuality is the 'default' sexuality.
I love people who can't see how this is fact. My parents (as much as I love them) are both evangelical Christians - my mum is totally accepting of anything, but that doesn't mean my upbringing reflected this, and some of the views they hold are as ridiculous as they come. I wasn't exposed to homosexuality in any meaningful way growing up, and if it was ever on TV it was normally greeted with a "thats icky and wrong" response. Yet, here I am.

Snotnarok said:
If you're bothered by who someone has sex with in their privacy you're an asshole. However if they're having sex on your couch/bed/dinner table you probably have a right to be upset...regardless of their partner :U
If someone's having sex on your couch that's a clear invite.

Mini_Watto

Jun 9, 2011
I think being heterosexual is not a law, but a choice. As opposed to everyone else, who now uses "gay" as an insult.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
I have no problem with the concept of homosexuality, and I believe everyone is entitled to be with whoever they love. I have to admit though, that I have always been slightly uncomfortable when around anyone who was homo/bi-sexual. If I could change anything about myself, it would be this, as I know that people of a different sexuality are just that: people. And yet I sometimes find myself unable to have natural conversation with people.

boringanarchy

May 27, 2011
Gay people should burn in hell...I need someone to talk to while I'm down there and they're a lot more entertaining than straight people ;).

But seriously, if you are so worried about who someone else is banging that you have to legislate it, you have waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
x-machina said:
I just don't understand Bi-sexuals, I mean how can you not have a peference?
Hmm, can't tell if trolling. If not, then my response would be be that some people who are bi lean more towards one sex than the other and might try to measure themselves on the Kinsey scale:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

No. 3 on the scale would be the example of people who are dead on 50/50, though in regard to my own bisexuality I ignore this percentage game entirely as the statistics are irrelevant when it comes down to the individual; you could be a 1 on the scale and yet find 'the one' in someone of the same sex and vice versa.

TL;DR

People who are bi are attracted to individuals not specific genders (imo).

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
JacobShaftoe said:
Bara_no_Hime said:
I'm a bisexual woman and proud of it. ^^

Everyone should be free to express their sexuality as they see fit. *

[sub]* With a standard disclaimer for the idiot who wants to say "what about rape" - no, that isn't an expression of sexuality, that's torture. Don't be a jerk.[/sub]
I had all sorts of comebacks to this statement including deep philosophical questions about the very nature of sexuality, but then I realised that, in the end, this is hardly the place for deep philosophical debates, as I'm slowly realising.
actually, compared to some other places in the web, this is the best place.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Bara_no_Hime said:

[sub]* With a standard disclaimer for the idiot who wants to say "what about rape" - no, that isn't an expression of sexuality, that's torture. Don't be a jerk.[/sub]
It's an expression of sexuality that's usually torture for the person getting raped.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Anti-homosexuality is a funny kind of prejudice. I don't get why I should care what someone else does that doesn't effect me in any way. So long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I say it's absolutely fine. Homosexuality, as far as I can tell, has never hurt anyone.

Kaz Helberd said:
Biologically the 'Default' orientation is 'straight' (hence the term "straight") but depending on how one was raised, who their parents are, and what they're exposed to, that can change.

Being gay isn't natural
First of all, I'd like to point out that reading this quote alone might lead someone reading it to think the poster is anti-gay. I'd like to point out that this is NOT THE CASE. If you want to see his entire post to prove it, click away. I just quoted this bit for a response to this bit in particular.

Homosexuality is not necessarily unnatural. Some people are born homosexual just like most people are born heterosexual. Scientists have been studying this for a long time.
Here's one article about an important study into it, http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/born-gay

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
That's a very broad question. Care to narrow it down a bit?

In general terms? I'm heterosexual. I have no problem with homosexuality, but I have no desire to partake.

That's about it.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Don't care past if they're open to me. And that's only if I'm looking to start something like that with them. Otherwise I couldn't care less about who you're sexually attracted to.

Except for those perverted heterosexuals... damn just thinking about them makes my skin crawl. Now that's a group of people who have serious mental issues. I just can't understand how someone could possibly think like that without some sort of brain injury...

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
Snork Maiden said:
Shio said:
I suppose you'll claim next that most people aren't tall and those exposed to tall people become tall as a result? Sorry, biology doesn't work that way and there is no evidence in the world that heterosexuality is the 'default' sexuality.
I love people who can't see how this is fact. My parents (as much as I love them) are both evangelical Christians - my mum is totally accepting of anything, but that doesn't mean my upbringing reflected this, and some of the views they hold are as ridiculous as they come. I wasn't exposed to homosexuality in any meaningful way growing up, and if it was ever on TV it was normally greeted with a "thats icky and wrong" response. Yet, here I am.
My parents are also amazing people. I love them to death. Both are very much heterosexual and I've met maybe... half a dozen gay people in my life. Know how I turned out? Attracted to transgender girls. Pretty sure I wasn't hanging out at any gay bars or hospitals around transgender people seeking surgery. In fact, it wasn't until very recently I even realized I was the way I am, as I have never met a transgender person.

Biology at work.

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
THEJORRRG said:
Anti-homosexuality is a funny kind of prejudice. I don't get why I should care what someone else does that doesn't effect me in any way. So long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I say it's absolutely fine. Homosexuality, as far as I can tell, has never hurt anyone.
And yet many a homosexual and transgender person has been beaten and murdered.

A sickening irony.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Snork Maiden said:
x-machina said:
I just don't understand Bi-sexuals, I mean how can you not have a peference?
Everything's hot! I'd probably dink toward a preference for girls, but that's only because I'm a lot more picky when it comes to guys. If there's a hot guy around, though, ohhhh yeah I'd tap that shit right up.

febel said:
AgentNein said:
febel said:
What's everyone's opinion on Asexuality? 'Cause I'm feeling a bit left out of the opening post.
Asexual people have no deal. They're cool in my book.
I dunno, I've gotten lots of "Your joking, right?", "That's not normal" And my personal favorite "Oh are you studying to be a priest?"
This made me smile so much. Now if anyone introduces themselves as asexual all I'll be able to think about is asking them if they want to be a priest.
I've told about two people that had trouble accepting asexuality. One of my friends asked if I was diagnosed, and a group of my friends started giving me shit about it, and it got me really pissed off at them at the time. It got to the point where I was just yelling "Shut the fuck up!" because they kept saying that it was impossible for a human to be asexual, and that it only meant to reproduce asexually. In retrospect, they were trolling, and won. I've since stopped giving a shit about their opinions.

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
zehydra said:
Bara_no_Hime said:

It's an expression of sexuality that's usually torture for the person getting raped.
No. Rape has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with power, control and domination.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Madara said:
zehydra said:
actually, compared to some other places in the web, this is the best place.
That does not really make sense. Compared to some places it may be better but that would still not make it the best. And if you are comparing it to places like youtube then you are kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel.
To be the best it would have to be better than all places. And it is most certainly not.
right, I meant that it's up there. It's one of the better places that I've seen.
I mean, I've seen numerous philosophical and political forums which were filled with far less civilized conversations than the ones you'll see on here.

Hell if you're really into that sort of thing, go check out the R&P.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Shio said:
zehydra said:
Bara_no_Hime said:

No. Rape has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with power, control and domination.

Sometimes it does, definitely not ALL the time. Rape is very broad term.

I've heard of the stories in third world countries where it's used as a weapon against women. In those cases it definitely is.