Optimus Gets Mad in New Transformers Trailer

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010
even with a gun, that baby face of Lebeouf's keeps him from looking dangerous.

"Where is she!!!??"

"Awww. . . aren't you just the cutest!"

Shia LeBeouf pointing a gun at me is the equivalent of Justin Timberlake pointing a gun at me (see Black Snake Moan): he's just not very threatening. at all.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Should be fun!

No seriously.

Loved the first one, loved the second one.

Time to love the first one.

(I really could not care less about story. I go into these movies for LOLZLOLZLOLZ ACTION SEQUENCE)

(I also hate the new actor for Megan Fox. Just take her out of the damn plot)

Curtisthekiller

Nov 26, 2008
Glademaster said:
Well all I can say is that it looks like there will be more robot fights which is what people actually want. More robots and less humans.
unfortunately what we saw in the trailer is probobly about half their scenes in the movie, you know like how he would tease us with the old previews were he did nothing but show scenes that would later cut away to the humans being one dimentional or blowing shit up.
heck i can even provide an example in the 2'nd movie trailor:
scene 1 optimus is sword fighting robots, cool.
next scene- lubuff yelling OPTIMUS!!!
ugg~

Jun 11, 2008
Curtisthekiller said:
Glademaster said:
Well all I can say is that it looks like there will be more robot fights which is what people actually want. More robots and less humans.
unfortunately what we saw in the trailer is probobly about half their scenes in the movie, you know like how he would tease us with the old previews were he did nothing but show scenes that would later cut away to the humans being one dimentional or blowing shit up.
heck i can even provide an example in the 2'nd movie trailor:
scene 1 optimus is sword fighting robots, cool.
next scene- lubuff yelling OPTIMUS!!!
ugg~
I know but I am only going by the trailer but from past experience it will end up like that.

Aug 1, 2010
I loved the first Transformers and even though the second was basically crispy asshole, it was largely due to the comedy emphases.

In THIS trailer, I did not see a single throwaway joke or comedic line, so it actually looks pretty good.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
NO WANT BIRD TRANSFORMER! WANT DINOBOTS! WANT GRIMLOCK! GRIMLOCK IS STRONGEST, BEAT ALL MOON DECEPTICONS!!!!

But in all seriousness, I would see this movie if the Dinobots were in it. They were originally (G1) created to combat Devastator after all (I think...that seems right anyway)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Optimus isnt captain planet you know. You dont just yell and he suddenly pops up. Or... at least he shouldnt.

But yeah, nice to see the designs are still... well... them.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
DEATHROAD said:
I dont think the internet will allow me to be exited for this, but i am one of the supprisingly large group of people who enjoyed the transformers films, having not grown up with the old transformers i found them very entertaining and personally i cant wait for the new one, Let the quote-flaming begin!
I grew up to love the Transformers, i can see why everyone hates Michaels version of them, but really, i don't mind them, i just see it as a Re-imagining if you will.

I can easily separate the 2, and i love both, i just hope in this film every Transformer has a Character to him/her (Looking at you Jolt and RC)

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I liked the first one because it was focused.

I hated the second one because it was all over the shop and only bothered about squishy humans.

This one looks like more of LeBeouf getting out of a car looking shocked with his girlfriend doing fuck all except pout.

Giant robots can be relatable, any sentient being can. Tell your writers to WORK HARDER!!!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
arc1991 said:
DEATHROAD said:
I dont think the internet will allow me to be exited for this, but i am one of the supprisingly large group of people who enjoyed the transformers films, having not grown up with the old transformers i found them very entertaining and personally i cant wait for the new one, Let the quote-flaming begin!
I grew up to love the Transformers, i can see why everyone hates Michaels version of them, but really, i don't mind them, i just see it as a Re-imagining if you will.

I can easily separate the 2, and i love both, i just hope in this film every Transformer has a Character to him/her (Looking at you Jolt and RC)
Although your right about seperating the two, Transformers only really has the current level of attention because of the films, so fans should be thankful I suppose.

As for Jolt and RC, I cant really blame extras who got F' all screen time as Bay seems more bothered about the humans in the story and OPTIMUS PRIME!!!

Dont get me wrong Optimus is great but he was far better in the first film, were he fought against a much stronger foe and had to actually think stuff through. The second went for that destiny bolox which I really hate and let us not forget a RAILGUN! Insta kill, REALLY!!! So all that struggle is for nothing.

o_d

Mar 27, 2011
I hated the second film but I couldn't help enjoying this trailer. Well, I enjoyed the trailers for ROTF as well, but, y'know, let's think optimistically.

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
Nostalgia, it makes you feel great about your favourite childhood products but then makes you rage at any changes that are made to the original product ( main examples are Pokemon and Transformers).

I actually enjoyed watching the first Transformers movie. It wasn't one of my favourites but it was good. The 2nd one sucked, the action was the only thing that I enjoyed. I won't make any assumptions about this one until I see more.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Not reading through the current 5 pages of posts, but I have to say this. Even growing up on Transformers, I enjoy these movies. Granted, yes, they are NOT what they should be. There shouldn't be all these humans involved and what not but I still accept it for what it is. I highly doubt ANY movie made from anything from mine, or anyone else's childhood is going to be just as it should be in live action movie form. I mean look at the trailer upcoming Smurfs movie! Actually on second thought, don't it's just painful. Bottom line, I'm looking forward to it.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
DEATHROAD said:
PurpleLeafRave said:
DEATHROAD said:
This was basically what I was going to say. I haven't seen Revenge of the Fallen, but I loved the first one.
I personally enjoyed revenge of the fallen even more than the first one, id highly recommend fishing it out if you enjoyed the first one :)
I enjoyed both, but enjoyed the first one more than the second.
Personally, the deciding factor was devastator digging a hole. And having wrecking ball testicles.
However, I'll probably see this one. Looks like fun, and laserbeak usually means soundwave is in there.
And Soundwave...well...he's fucking soundwave. Also, shockwave

viciouspen

Dec 23, 2007
All I know is that it would be nice if the Transformers weren't secondary players in their own movie.

I couldn't believe Michael Bay's response to people saying the second movie was so bad, that this one will be better because there's going to be a strong romance in it and characters and all this Sam Whitwhickey crap.
Man seriously does not get it.

People want an actual TRANSFORMERS movie, meaning, that the transformers are the stars of their own movie.

Track how many lines they have from the first movie till this one, bet you Sam's comic relief mom has more.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
I looks cool... Sorry, it just does. I know many will hate it, hell I might also, but the trailer was at least cool. :S

themerrygambit

Mar 1, 2010
I'm sorry but that Blonde haired model has absolutely no place in this movie. This girl just can't compare to Megan Fox... Stupid Bay when will you learn your magnificent ego just makes you a Bag of douche.

Looks cool otherwise.