Our generation's racism

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Considering how often the response to this question here is the pretentious sounding "theres no such thing as race and racism because we're all the same race. what are we going tos tart hating aliens?) I dont know.

Id say more than anyhting its going to be the religious. I know atheists like to say they're the most downtroddened and hated because saying you dont believe in god is like saying you find joy in raping women for the shits and giggles of them screaming but in all reality theyre nto and its not. and I can only wait for the hypocrisy when the atheists start treating the religious the horrible ways they're supposedly treated.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
Stilt said:
him over there said:
Liquidacid23 said:
him over there said:
Liquidacid23 said:
so many people now a days are racist against racists... it's sad
Can't tell if sarcasm or understated opinion about fighting hate with hate...
why can't it be both?
It can, but the sarcasm sort of implies that you don't believe in your own opinion. Anyway I agree, treating people like pariahs based on things they think of others regardless of how terrible it is takes us back to square one.
What is the alternative? Should minorities everywhere have to prove that theyre not worthless inferior beings simply because a large population of whites seem to have it ingrained in their close minded little brains that they are superior?

Should they dance and sing and do a little jig and wave banners saying "Please don't hate us Racists! Pleaaaaase?"

If only it was just white people that were racist like your post implies the problem would be so much smaller, but it's simply not the case.

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
I really, really hate racism, but I think some people slap the label on things that just aren't. An example of this is calling someone black. They are. Hold on hold on!, let me explain. A lot like to call them African American, but if you call a Kenyan African American, that's not any better. But, back on track, I think that racism will soon be mostly gone, but that little pockets of it will remain, which is a shame. I just don't understand racism, I really don't. It's not like there's even a good excuse for it.

Kanova

Oct 26, 2011
StBishop said:
The assumption that transphobia will be to our generation, what racism is to the current oldies is based entirely on the fact that I think most of our generation will openly transphobic.
Well, to be honest I don't really like other races much either, mostly because all I have ever been exposed to is scum. For example there were 3 little ni- blacks on the bus and all they could talk about were bimbos/sluts and "lucky dat nigga cuz I didn't have muh heels on or else I would ***** kick him in dah dick." Keeping in mind they were about 13 or so. Parents are doing a damn fine job. And don't even get me started on Indians. Scum of the earth that only drink and do drugs and get special benefits that no on else gets because they are too fucking stupid to do anything besides spray paint "Native Pride" on fences and chug liqueur. They are literally in the category as children and disabled people. There is an ad going on through the radio about taking special classes for "people with aboriginal descent, children or people with disabilities." Disgusting people.

ryanxm said:
I just don't understand racism, I really don't. It's not like there's even a good excuse for it.
I think the main reason, at least it is for me, is that all they see from that particular race is badness. There were three fires in my town in the past little bit. All caused by East Indians because of family shame or something. My dad who is a firefighter went to one years ago and the girl was horribly burned and died of her wounds because her father was pissed that she didn't marry someone he wanted. Also they carry around fucking Scimitars, not even a little bit of a joke. They pack them in their long baggy parachute like pants or whatever the hell they are.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Our generation's racism? What makes you think we've gotten past our old racism?

Polling data suggests that the majority of this website's boneheaded demographics thinks that most racism is now against whites, presumably because MLK was a magic negro who solved bigotry against black people forever. You know, the way the civil rights movement is taught in schools.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
Stilt said:
TheVioletBandit said:
Stilt said:
StBishop said:
Ugh, hating religions is vulgar.

I can understand the intellectual distaste for organised religion, it is reasonable. But hating a person for what they believe is simply boorish.
Is it wrong for gay people to hate christians?
Yes, as there are diverse belief structures within Christianity, and not all of them are opposed to homosexuality. In fact, there are even openly homosexual ministers, and what ever the female variant of that word is....ministressess? Anyway, I for one don't even consider those people that hold up the G-d hates homosexuals signs to even be Christians, but that's just personal opinion. Also, if gay people make sweeping generalizations about the beliefs of all Christians, and hate them because of the stereotypes they have applied to them, are the gay people that do this not simply bigots as well?
my point was is it wrong to hate people that hate you, I realize not all christians are against gay rights, but Im not sure I'm wrong in saying that the vast majority do
I under stand what your saying, and my answer to you would be, why lower themselves to their level? Hating the people that hate you is only going to cause you pain, and make you a mirror image of the people you hate; they shouldn't waste their lives being angry. It's not worth it.

As for the vast majority of Christians being against gay rights there is no way to know. It would be impossible to poll them all, and what you see on TV are just extremists that are there for ratings, so I wouldn't be able to say one way or another.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
Kanova said:
StBishop said:
The assumption that transphobia will be to our generation, what racism is to the current oldies is based entirely on the fact that I think most of our generation will openly transphobic.
Well, to be honest I don't really like other races much either, mostly because all I have ever been exposed to is scum. For example there were 3 little ni- blacks on the bus and all they could talk about were bimbos/sluts and "lucky dat nigga cuz I didn't have muh heels on or else I would ***** kick him in dah dick." Keeping in mind they were about 13 or so. Parents are doing a damn fine job. And don't even get me started on Indians. Scum of the earth that only drink and do drugs and get special benefits that no on else gets because they are too fucking stupid to do anything besides spray paint "Native Pride" on fences and chug liqueur. They are literally in the category as children and disabled people. There is an ad going on through the radio about taking special classes for "people with aboriginal descent, children or people with disabilities." Disgusting people.

ryanxm said:
I just don't understand racism, I really don't. It's not like there's even a good excuse for it.
I think the main reason, at least it is for me, is that all they see from that particular race is badness. There were three fires in my town in the past little bit. All caused by East Indians because of family shame or something. My dad who is a firefighter went to one years ago and the girl was horribly burned and died of her wounds because her father was pissed that she didn't marry someone he wanted. Also they carry around fucking Scimitars, not even a little bit of a joke. They pack them in their long baggy parachute like pants or whatever the hell they are.
What kind of Indians are you talking about?

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
StBishop said:

I can understand the intellectual distaste for organised religion, it is reasonable. But hating a person for what they believe is simply boorish.
Depends on what those beliefs are. I'd say it's reasonable to hate members of the WBC.

Kanova said:
StBishop said:

ryanxm said:
Correlation =/= causation. Just because they are of a specific race does not mean they are horrible people because of their race.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
Stilt said:
TheVioletBandit said:
Stilt said:
him over there said:
Liquidacid23 said:
him over there said:
Liquidacid23 said:
so many people now a days are racist against racists... it's sad
Can't tell if sarcasm or understated opinion about fighting hate with hate...
why can't it be both?
It can, but the sarcasm sort of implies that you don't believe in your own opinion. Anyway I agree, treating people like pariahs based on things they think of others regardless of how terrible it is takes us back to square one.
What is the alternative? Should minorities everywhere have to prove that theyre not worthless inferior beings simply because a large population of whites seem to have it ingrained in their close minded little brains that they are superior?

Should they dance and sing and do a little jig and wave banners saying "Please don't hate us Racists! Pleaaaaase?"

If only it was just white people that were racist like your post implies the problem would be so much smaller, but it's simply not the case.
You're absolutely right, thank you for pointing that out. However it is true that whites are famous for their racism. Also it help to point out that White isn't a race, its more symbolic than anything, its supposed to represent the Master race as Hitler so poetically phrased it

Sometimes I feel kind of sad for white people, because your right it is one of the things their famous for.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
These are not problems that have been completely eradicated, and there is no societal-wide prejudice of a similar nature to be overcome, so Homophobia and Racism will still be big for our generation - there are always the stupid and the ignorant.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
StBishop said:

I have a "intellectual distaste for organised religion" as you call it. I'm fine with people who follow those religions right up until they try to force their beliefs on me or others. And hating people for what they believe is kinda what people do, this is not exclusive to religion by any means.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
With the way things are going economy wise, at least for the UK (I may be generalising and be talking bullshit here, if I am please ignore this post) I think that it would be 'classism'.

It will most likely be 'perpetrated' by people of the working classes. I've noticed recently from various people I have spoken to that they believe there is a growing disaparity between the rich and the poor and there is a lot of...dislike, for lack of a better term, for the rich even though they have to pay the most tax on their income.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Hmm, I'm not sure. Transphobia, that's a possibility as you said. Trans rights are only really starting to get big media attention now (see the Miss Universe competition fiasco in Canada), so our generation is in the positition to back-lash against it.

Though I've got a suspicion our out-dated view will be towards disabled people. While no-one really "hates" disabled people in the way that people hate gay people, there is a lot of casual able-supremacism that I suspect (alright, hope) will be wiped out soon. Y'know, people who moan about disabled people who literally can't get jobs getting healthcare, people who say we should abort people with things like Down's Syndrome, stuff like that.

Edit: And it's worth pointing out that our generation will still be homophobic, sexist, racist, etc. I just think these are the new problems that our younger generations will be criticising us for.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
It becomes more interesting when you realize that the idea of "racism" is belief in other "races" not just "hatred of other races." In truth we are all the human race after all.

Being from a Jewish family and learning about both the Civil Rights Movement and the Holocaust, hardened my stance towards racism, prejudice, and bigotry. However it becomes ironic for myself, because being very anti-social and misanthropic has rendered me to scorn most social relationships and the like (I hate Facebook for example). So whilst I champion for civil rights and humanitarianism, at the very same time I despise most human contact.

And even while identifying myself as a Jew, I am not heavily religious, and spurn organized religion because I believe it is restrictive.

But another thing that I feel is important is the importance of humor. Which is something I believe people need to realize. For that same reason, I like to make fun of racism or make Jewish jokes (even justifying it with intentional erroneous logic like "I'm Jewish so it's ok.")

But moving onto what the OP is asking. I don't know about my generation, but I know that I will be prejudiced against any form of "generalizer"

Or, "It's not racist, she's old"
Pictures for Sad Children had a great thing on that. "If she's not racist, she's boring" [http://www.picturesforsadchildren.com/index.php?comicID=131 ]