Peruvian Scientists Discover Alien Corpse

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure it's crazy improbable that any extraterrestrial would evolve to even somewhat resemble the human race, much less actually have a skull that looked that much like that of a human. Actually I doubt an extraterrestrial would even have a skull, or any organ resembling bone to any degree that might fool an anthropologist.

Now, if they show me one of these, I could believe it was an alien.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
Blargh McBlargh said:
xvbones said:
Blargh McBlargh said:
Obvious hoax is obvious.

Watch the conspiracy theorists go absolutely apeshit over this.
Probably not a hoax. Probably just a deformed human skull.

But to be fair, conspiracy theorists go absolutely apeshit over everything.
Doesn't look like any kind of deformity I've seen so far (I'm a bit of a gorehound), but then again, I'm no expert. :p
Hydrocephaly.

It looks exactly like the skull of a person born with hydrocephaly.

Look it up.

Hydrocephaly.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
RoseArch said:
Welp, time to plug up my behind. You know, for safety.
Safety... riiiiiight.

I'm going for the foil hat approach personally, don't want aliens stealing my cheat codes and pin numbers!

Red Schuhart

Jun 16, 2011
TheRussian said:
Actually the Russian translates to "not one of us"
Actually, it's not Russian at all. It's probably another one of the Slavic languages, if at all.
Most likely, someone was too dumb to use google translate correctly.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Alien's I think not. But just to be safe lets hit the ruskies with attack plan R! I definately think its just a malformed child.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
spartan231490 said:
Thomas Guy said:
I saw this the other day on my conspiracy site. I love how it says nothing about DNA testing just that "Yep it looks weird, has to be alien"
DNA tests take weeks normally, with all the work they will need to do in order to get the dna into a testable form, it will probably take well over a month, and that's if they even decide to test it. It is peru
Actually I'm looking at Russia on this one. And it's not that hard to DNA test BEFORE you put out a story about it.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
What the fuck, Peruvian scientists?

- Hmm, looks like a deformed child's skeleton.
- NO I AM RUSSIAN SCIENTIST AND THIS IS ALIEN
- Hey, you're right. It's an alien.
- NO I AM CROATIAN BAKER AND THIS IS DELICIOUS CANDY
- I have found ancient delicious candy!

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
It's always amazed me that, given the massive variety of life on this planet, people think that aliens would look so very similar to humans.

clankwise

Sep 27, 2009
Thomas Guy said:
I saw this the other day on my conspiracy site. I love how it says nothing about DNA testing just that "Yep it looks weird, has to be alien"
Yeah but you never really know with dna test. Its 76% monkey. its a monkey. bout the same method

thedoclc

Jun 24, 2008
Whoever posted this is doing us a huge disservice. You know what, it's the internet.

They're an idiot.

These skull stories are almost insulting. It could well be a skull from someone with a deformity. It could be done by wrapping straps around a skull to shape it, a process which we know was done by some groups in the Americas. These stories have come up before and the answers have always been the same. Pony up some real evidence or get out; that skull looks human. (You'd be surprised what they look like when shot from a convenient angle, removed from context, and possibly malformed.)

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag. Everyone who works in science would love to find an alien skull, to see ESP work, and so on. The mean old scientists would be more excited than the conspiracy and psuedoscience crowd. It would mean true discovery. It would mean learning. An alien skull would afford a glimpse into everything from the anatomy to biochemistry of an entire alien world. But science is about rigor and seeing the world for what it shows you, not for what we imagine. Often what we find when we let the world reveal itself is far more interesting than what we find when we try to force the world to fit out conceptions. It's also a lot more fucking useful.

Don't believe me? Go read about attempts by archaeologists and anthropologists to study the cultures of those ancient tribes. Read about the development of the neural tube of a human being and how simple vitamin programs prevent millions of children from having spines and skulls that fail to seal up.

It's a lot more interesting than this insipid crap.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Here in America however, we have a long and storied history of doubting the Russians, so I would like to posit the possibly controversial idea that maybe, just maybe, this is actually a human. I'm thinking it was a child who was either born with a horrific deformity or whose skull was shaped via primitive socioreligious ritual.
Oh, you mean like Neck Rings [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neck_ring].

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Kayan_woman_with_neck_rings.jpg/220px-Kayan_woman_with_neck_rings.jpg

Looks a little bit like E.T., doesn't she?

Fun, um... Hearsay, I guess: If she ever takes those rings off, her neck will break because her neck muscles are too stretched out to support the weight of her head.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Aidinthel said:
Well Aidinthel, I can tell you one of the got their degree from Soviet Russia, lol.

Now quickly we must find the rest of the Crystal Skulls before the Soviets do.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Seems totes legit, some solid scientific work there.

So, even if this was proof of alien life and not just some dude with a large skull, what the hell would it mean? An alien sleeper agent died? Humans are really descended from aliens? Aliens wondered what sex with humans was like, and so came down to earth to answer that most mysterious of questions, but somehow died either during or after the process?

If you have any information on this topic, please reach us at the Unsolved Mysteries hotline.

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
Okay, here's my look on things:

If these scientists based this idea on a single look, then they're pretty sore excuses for scientists. However, looking at the head, one could use the cranial pattern to define whether it was human or not. However again, this pattern may be distorted if, in fact, it is a child's head that has been deformed through some incan tradition. This means that unless the scientists know what a deformed child's head looks like, they can't make a basis on a single look, not to mention the number of other things it could be (a primitive ancestor).

However, I don't believe the scientists just took a quick look, I think they would have looked it over, measured distances and such before claiming it wasn't human. Whether they took deformed children or primitive ancestors into account is anyone's guess.

One thing that bugs me is the skull's chemical construction. Obviously it could be some alien molecule but it looks uncannily like what human bone is made out of. But if it was human bone, and some child from ancient inca, shouldn't it be disintegrated by now? But then again, the construction of the face (while not human looking) has all the human features. Whether these features would be shared by intelligent life on other planets is unknown, however we've seen many examples of life on our own planet which doesn't share this construction, so an alien under different atmospheric conditions will likely have a different construction. To point out the non-human nature of it's appearance, a child's head has different proportions and teeth to an adult, giving greater weight to the incan child argument, however I agree it's a little unsettling. Also I believe the picture distorts the actual size of the eyes.

Finally, we've checked the closest planets for the ability to hold life, our closest star is hundreds of light years away. So if it were an alien, it's obtained the ability to go faster than the speed of light or is incredibly old, much older than we humans can live to and I'm pretty sure, unless they also have gravity modules for their ships, their bodies would have gotten used to the weightlessness of space and broken upon landing on Earth or, if their gravity is different to ours, which it likely is, could have broken anyway.

TL;DR: May be alien, most likely not, if not the scientists should lose their science licences for making such silly claims based on debatable evidence (whatever that is it isn't mentioned). The multitude of possibilities produced by lowly Escapist readers can likely be surpassed by proper scientists and I'm sure they can find some way to explain it. DNA might not be possible but carbon dating would be, if it was of carbon construct. Simply looking at the chemical make-up could tell us it's alien so I think there's a few tests still to run.