Peruvian Scientists Discover Alien Corpse

Bunnymarn

Oct 8, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
I'm pretty sure this is a communist ploy to steal our precious bodily fluids somehow.
You get points for that reference. Unless it is a ploy so that we lower our defences, and then they snap a picture of the big board!

I bet the Russians were just being smart-asses. I reckon it's far to "human-ness" and typical of the alien-look to be an actual alien.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Thomas Guy said:
I saw this the other day on my conspiracy site. I love how it says nothing about DNA testing just that "Yep it looks weird, has to be alien"
I KNOW, RIGHT? Just wait until the tests come in. Send samples to several different trusted sources, in different international communities, and have the results all posted up online right away to reduce chance of government intrusion on the validity of their terrestrial or extraterrestrial origins.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Xenos babies? Purge! Kill! Maim! Destroy!

As others say, will wait until DNA testing before I bite the hook of this story.

thequixoticman

Nov 13, 2007
The whole alien thing always annoys me, just from the basic idea that there'd be a reason for them to come in the first place. I think there is probably other life in the universe. If we've learned anything from extremophiles it's that life, if given ANY sort of chance whatsoever, manages to find a way. That said, if there was life anywhere else in the universe, probably it would be almost nothing like us. It's very possible that we could encounter other sentient life and not be able to tell that it was sentient because it interacted with the world in a completely different way than we did, and that same sentient life, if it ever found us, would have a damn hard time figuring out what we were. What's more, from a resource perspective, space travel is incredibly expensive and time consuming. Why would anyone come here? Let's say a space-faring race saw our planet through a telescope. Now... it'd probably be fairly far away from us. The closest star to ours is Proxima Centurai, and we're pretty sure there's no life there. In fact, most of the stars we have been able to see in our galaxy wouldn't be able to support life that was anything like us, so if there's any sort of life there, they'd see our planet and star and probably conclude that life couldn't exist here. They probably wouldn't be able to see any traces of our civilization. Radiowaves eventually do dissipate, so it's not really true that in a thousand years a civilization a thousand light years from us will see The OC. What's more shooting out radio-waves is fairly inefficient, a race that could actually travel through space would probably have created better technology that transmitted information better, like we do now with fiber-optics. So it's not terribly likely that they'd have out antennas to capture the radio-waves that probably can't get out there.

I have strong doubts that there is other intelligent life within one hundred light-years of our planet. That would mean that any other intelligent life, if they managed to look in our direction and see the tiny planet going around the tiny sun would see us anything more advanced than just post industrial revolution.

I think if we found other life, we'd do everything we could to make the trip out to see it. I bet that's the same as other life. But there'd be no point in taking our resources, chemically speaking we don't have anything special here. And I must assume that any civilization that has mastered space travel has a much better grasp of chemistry than we do and can take basic chemical compounds found throughout the universe and turn them into what that civilization likes. It's unlikely that they'd have evolved to live on a planet like ours, so colonization wouldn't make much sense. And I find it highly unlikely that there's anyone close enough to us to actually look at us and see signs of sentient life.

I would love to find out that there was other life out there, but I have severe doubts that we will actually find any in my lifetime.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
thedoclc said:
Whoever posted this is doing us a huge disservice. You know what, it's the internet.
These stories have come up before and the answers have always been the same. Pony up some real evidence or get out; that skull looks human. (You'd be surprised what they look like when shot from a convenient angle, removed from context, and possibly malformed.)

But science is about rigor and seeing the world for what it shows you, not for what we imagine. Often what we find when we let the world reveal itself is far more interesting than what we find when we try to force the world to fit out conceptions. It's also a lot more fucking useful.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

So glad this is ingrained in my head. No brainer, move on people

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
Obviously it is a deformity of some kind, but just for a second imagine they found proof it was alien. Seriously, how would hard evidence of extraterrestrial life change our world view? What would the various religious instituions have to say?

Sep 30, 2010
What other reason could there be for Russian scientists making such bold claims?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
and here i was thinking they found the recently passed body of a twi'lek from star wars or something.

thanks you scientist and conspiracy theorist for crushing my hopes and dreams once again you cock biting fucktards.

jessegeek

Oct 31, 2011
Actually, the Russian word used can refer to a strange or foreign abject or person, so if that is the genuine quote, the scientists are actually saying, "True, friend, that is strange." Least. Convincing. Alien. Ever.

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
How about for once we don't jump to ANY solid conclusions until we've fully studied it and can reach a reasonable conclusion ?

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
Oh yes, because an alien species that developed in a completely different environment would naturally look just like us with slight only differences.

I'm still saying "deformed child"

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
In a country well known for distorting the skulls of children to depict their gods a big skulled child is found, thus aliens.

Nov 28, 2007
BrownGaijin said:
theheroofaction said:
So, in a world where people accept THIS

As mundane, a slightly larger primate skull is the alien.

Seriously, if there are any aliens on this planet, it's the platypuses.
I'll see your platypus good sir, and raise you a Abyssal Sea Cucumber

Wow. Cthulu actually looks kinda cute, in an ugly way. Ugly cute.

OT: Forget about jumping to conclusions. These scientists have moved up to leapfrog.

Cropsy91

Apr 4, 2010
Oh dear, the science world will never be the same! After all, this can't possibly just be the skull of a person with a deformity, right? ...Right?

Aug 25, 2009
I'll be honest, if that is the skull in question it looks entirely human.

If it's not the skull in question then I want DNA evidence, and that's just for starters.