PETA Asks Texas Town to Change Its Name

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
Turkeys may be the dumbest animals on earth, I have no idea what they're getting at here. PETA, seriously, what, the fuck, is wrong with you?

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
itchcrotch said:
that's the second joke outcry of theirs in a week. i hope they keep it up, it's doing terrible things to their integrity;D
PETA has integrity? Are we thinking of the same organization here?

Also, you really can't fathom how ridiculous this letter is until you've actually visited a small town in mid Texas.

Really nice people.

Not gonna change their town name to "Tofurkey".

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Tautology said:
PETA should know you don't mess with Texas.
clearly they don't >.> <.< now where meh pop corn, i wanna have good noms and a good seat when the Texans show PETA what they think of trash like them

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Goldarnit, PETA, stop doing stupid things. No one will respect you if you keep this up... wait, what?

I've just been informed no one respects PETA anymore. Go figure.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I actually came here after making a pretty emotionally heavy post on another thread... I needed a good laugh, saw the word "PETA", and knew I would get one ;)

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Mortis Nuncius said:
EDIT: Forgive me, Mad World, I had misread your post.
It's all good. And I concur! They are delicious... and they are delicious for a reason.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Unless they're animals which they have in their shelters, in which case they're going to euthanise them.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Shirokurou said:
Animals kill animals for food.
Humans are also biologically animals.
So if a tiger can kill a zebra, without PETA protesting him, so can humans.
And it's not like Turkeys are endangered.

Honestly I'm waiting for People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants to appeal and make it obvious that we have to eat.
Usually when people butcher animals it's a quick death. Predators will claw, bite, main and play with their food before they eat it. Sometimes from the back to the front while it's still alive. I'd prefer going to a butcher's instead of being let loose to lions and such... We should put PETA in the wild so they can educate the animals on being kind and loving to eachother. Who knows, maybe they'll get some of them to go vegan!

ErictheRed1989

Dec 31, 2008
Brutal Peanut said:
For goodness sake. P.E.T.A is really working over-time on being annoyingly stupid this year.
It's almost the end of the year, they must have a quota that needs to be filled or they won't receive as many crackpot members next year.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
This is *almost* as bad as that time they ran that add campaign calling everyone who feeds children meat child abusers...

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
DailonCmann said:
Tautology said:
PETA should know you don't mess with Texas.
That slogan is actually an anti-littering campaign for Texan highways. Everyone seems to think it means Texas will beat anyone's ass at any time though.
Well, you obviously don't know who was behind the anti-littering campaign. It was someone whose name rhymes with 'Buck Chorris' (HINT: it's Chuck Norris) and that man is willing to beat anyone's ass at any time, especially when people mess with Texas.

Mad World said:
Mortis Nuncius said:
EDIT: Forgive me, Mad World, I had misread your post.
It's all good. And I concur! They are delicious... and they are delicious for a reason.
Yes, very delicious. Almost as delicious as orphan meat. I mean...what? I said no such thing. I laugh at such false accusations...bahahahahahaha-*cough, hack, cough* >.>

Max_imus

Jul 8, 2010
Now I finally understand their evil plan!

First Turkey the town, then Turkey the country and then.... the world!!!