PETA Plays Pokemon

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
*Scribble scribble scribble*

I'll give Peta this they always give me a cheap laugh cartoon for my blog.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Ice Car said:
You're only 14 years late PETA.
Ya they do some crazy parodies and Pokemon has been asking for it forever. We need to stop the violence on flamboyant neon animals! Just because they have more flair doesn't mean that they fight well.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
The irony is that Team Plasma only wanted to 'Free' the Pokemon of everyone else, in order to be the rulers of the world by being the only ones able to control any Pokemon. So basically PETA has admitted FINALLY that they're really a secret terrorist organization that wants to take away all our Pokemon...err...MEAT...and take over the world!

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Why is anyone taking them seriously? Why?
PETA are the guys who want to kill all house pets, why the hell would someone take them seriously when they talk about animal rights?

bravetoaster

Oct 7, 2009
kitetsu said:
Why can't somebody just start a shooting and bombing rampage in all PETA facilities and offices already? It's like watching a little kid enjoy peeling off scabs and laugh as the scabs leave copious amounts of bleeding before licking the blood.
Human lives have value--even genuine animal rights folks and people who think that PETA has any acceptable stances (they don't) or doesn't support terrorism or the harming and killing of humans (they do).

Airsoftslayer93 said:
If you all really cared about animal rights you would all be vegans and would support PETA.
Correct. Thankfully, most people care about animal welfare, instead. Animals are not of equal (or even comparable) value to humans nor do they deserve (or can they use, comprehend, or appreciate) "rights". Animals used by humans (as pets, for labor or peaceful entertainment, for food, or for advancing medicine [for both animals and humans]) should be treated with kindness and compassion and should be treated with the respect that animals deserve (i.e., don't kill them or cause them pain for no reason). Also, while not eating meat is nice, it's not a luxury everyone can manage, and veganism is downright silly, if only for the "no honey" aspect of it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011

God I love the world we live in. :3

I mean really?

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
Apparently they do (and then ruin) a pretty good joke with the plasma leader... I haven't actually played either game though, so I dunno =/ friend told me.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So once again PeTA is fighting for relevance in today's world. All this article has shown me is that PeTA continoues to be a bunch of crazy attention whores perpetually screaming "LOOK AT ME!" like the Joker from the Dark Knight, MovieBob may have found material for a future Big Picture episode, and I just found my next costume for Halloween and FanimeCon! That hat is just dapper as fuck, and I'll add some crazy shit, like confetti launchers in my sleeves, speakers to play carnival music, and fireworks launching out of my hat! I'll look like the son of Ash and the Warden from SuperJail!

CapitalistPig

Dec 3, 2011
****minutes taken from the PETA PR meeting****

"Guys I have this really awesome idea how to alienate every child born after 1987 in the U.S. Let's troll pokemon, because people totally know we're kidding........right? Anyway it's tots gonna be the flippin best. I'm talking like this because it's hip JEFF! Jeez get a twitter account already. Anywhos how about prizes. Oh yeah lets roll out the classic video and PETA memorabilia because everyone wants to be part of PETA :D. Right...........?"

I bet every single person on the ad team that took part in designing this actually loves the pokemon games and shows (because who da fawk is team plasma unless you still watch it?), and probably played it obsessively as many children did growing up in the early 90's in the U.S. And if they didn't then, well they missed out on the most badass videogame to roll outta japan since the original jumpman. Either way, troll food is served.

EDIT
Lastly, I can't believe they ever expected to get sympathy from the likes of us, that is, the information age. We literally invented the concept of having fun by slicing each others virtual throats. Pokemon is just that, child's play

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
I wonder just how bored PETA really is to come up with all these parodies. Especially ones that attack DIGITAL treatment of animals.

GildaTheGriffin

Jul 4, 2012
Ash loves Pikachu, the show from the first season shows it. He never abused Pikachu as the game describes. I think PETA is sending the wrong message. Pokemon was to support friendship and sincerity. PETA... your making it worse for yourself by not understanding what the show described.

I'm sure Nintendo will sue them for doing this.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
gardian06 said:
who taught PETA flash? who? whoever did you have some explaining to do.

when do the copywrite charges start dropping I mean like hardcore. Pokemon is a registered trade mark so is their likenesses. I mean Nintendo could probably crush PETA financially without even sweating. unless Nintendo is afraid that their Redmond office will get firebombed or something.
EvilChameleon said:
This won't stay long with Nintendo's copyright lawyers on the case.
gigastar said:
Hey, Nintendo, unliscenced use of your biggest IP right there by an internet hate figure.

Go nuts!
It's a parody that wasn't made for monetary gain (That is, they aren't selling it).

Pokemon: Black and Blue is doubly protected. Nintendo can't do nothin'.

Captcha: Fair Play

Very close Captcha, but it's actually 'Fair Use'.
Actually this use of satire that hurts the image of a product is not protected by Fair Use, the courts have ruled on cases like this before. I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up in court.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
gardian06 said:
who taught PETA flash? who? whoever did you have some explaining to do.

when do the copywrite charges start dropping I mean like hardcore. Pokemon is a registered trade mark so is their likenesses. I mean Nintendo could probably crush PETA financially without even sweating. unless Nintendo is afraid that their Redmond office will get firebombed or something.
EvilChameleon said:
This won't stay long with Nintendo's copyright lawyers on the case.
gigastar said:
Hey, Nintendo, unliscenced use of your biggest IP right there by an internet hate figure.

Go nuts!
It's a parody that wasn't made for monetary gain (That is, they aren't selling it).

Pokemon: Black and Blue is doubly protected. Nintendo can't do nothin'.

Captcha: Fair Play

Very close Captcha, but it's actually 'Fair Use'.
You may be right about this game being protected under fair use, that would be for a court to decide. I think it would be closer than you think, but win or lose, Nintendo can really hurt PETA bad for this. Nintendo just has more resources, more lawyers and more money, and could force PETA to spend a LOT of money defending themselves. Money that PETA will likely not be able to get back. Win or lose, PETA stands to lose. Like it or not, the side with the most money has the best odds in the civil courtroom.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I'm excited, I love Pokemon AND dark humor. I'm sure it will also inspire me to completely mutilate my pets because it's a game now.

Edit: I am LOVING how Nurse Joy looks. She apparently represents a member of PETA... and she's sporting blood splatters and a torn uniform.

Also, Pikachu sports a sign that says "Lover not a Fighter"... then proceeds to be the best fighter in the land.

Hehehe... "Do u liek Mudkips?" Classic!

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
Tanis said:
PETA support Eco-terrorist groups like ELF (or is it ALF?)

Why would ANYONE support PETA?
It's the Earth Liberation Front. ELF. I'm amazed the ELF hasn't been shut down by the FBI. I mean, they are designated terrorists.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
You know, I'd call it the low hanging fruit if it weren't for the fact that that fruit's been on the floor rotting for over a decade.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Considering one of my main gripes with the series is that Cut (HM) doesn't actually cut creatures in half or slice off their limbs and claws, not to mention the absolute lack of gore... thank you PETA, I appreciate this.

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
I honestly wondered why this didn't exist yet because Pokemon has always been rife with animal abuse undertones, but now it does. And it is hilarious.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
All-in-all, unimpressive. I was hoping for an exploration thing, the ability to teach the Pokemon their own moves... and... maybe learning from other poke...

You know what? It's irony. I'm a human controlling a Pokemon to make them fight, because that's all you do. The animals have as much say in this game as they do in a regular Pokemon game. It's a human programming a digital animal to be controlled by other humans and make them fight. No difference.

Also, something else I did in this game that I did in all the other ones: Skipped large chunks of the dialogue.

Catchpa: sting like a bee

metal mustache

Oct 29, 2009
PETA is really starting to target our demographic. I thought that game was hilarious when you get past the propaganda, it kind of makes me want to see what other offesive parodies theyll make