Phantom of the Arcade - A Text Adventure

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Lukeje said:
needausername said:
please help me with chapter 4, I have the "dirt" but I don't know how to use it.
Maybe there's some kind of machine around that could make it useful?
Yeah, I know about what machine you mean (the dirt machine?) but I'm stumped as to what verb is needed.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
needausername said:
Lukeje said:
needausername said:
please help me with chapter 4, I have the "dirt" but I don't know how to use it.
Yeah, I know about what machine you mean (the dirt machine?) but I'm stumped as to what verb is needed.
put coffee in espresso machine
should work.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Lukeje said:
needausername said:
Lukeje said:
needausername said:
put coffee in machine
should work.
well in hind sight, that was quite obvious, I was going for more complicated stuff, as "put" had not worked for me yet, why should it now?

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
Phew...

finally! A game I managed to finish by myself. In terms of difficulty, the zombie and monster quizzes were true grotesque horror. This text adventure was just your average late-night scary movie.

I guess I can brag that I beat this one without any help, though I never manged to find the bonus points that didn't have anything to do with amphibians or winged creatures...It's a shame!

These contests were very fun, thanks for all the hard work at the Escapist!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
LOL, I didn't get that there was a way from the Entrance directly to the Manager's office (and the rooms beyond). Didn't realize that from looking at the map...
But I finally figured it out and the rest of the puzzles were easy after that. :)
Nice adventure! Nice badge.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
The last 2 I got were the street fighter guy and obnoxious donkey kong guy. Street fighter gy had me stumped, you have be so damned precise with those commands. Excellent game, great fun, challenging and fustrating in the best way possible.

How do you redeem codes by the way? =/

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
NezumiiroKitsune said:
The last 2 I got were the street fighter guy and obnoxious donkey kong guy. Street fighter gy had me stumped, you have be so damned precise with those commands. Excellent game, great fun, challenging and fustrating in the best way possible.

How do you redeem codes by the way? =/
Did you not get instructions once you beat the game?

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
The address to go to and redeem your code should have been given at the same time the code was shown. It's <a target=_blank href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/enter_key>this page.

neostronghold

Jun 8, 2008
Wooh, finally got full score on my second play, and am proud to say i did it in 62 turns :p would have been a few less if my keyboard worked properly :S.
Thanks so much for making this game it was awesome. I'd be forever indebted to you if you make more!!
Thanks again. I think it's an excellent way to introduce people to the genre without scaring people away (I can remember getting stuck after a minute of playing adventure :S) so it's nice to see a game where the clues and logic aren't rediculously convoluted :D.
Thanks yet again and please please please make more!!