Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Furburt2 said:
An Irish gun that shoots Irish stuff at Irish people.
...Do you have a picture of this?
Wait what happened to your first account, Furburt?

LordMalachi said:

So I'm not sure how well it worked, but I tried to remake my old Steampunk Barrett, only in Draggy form, since it's the only wood pieced gun in here other than the AK. The under barrel is actually an external recoil spring/piston. The long set of sights is actually an open lens scope, something I feel would be quite normal to see in a Steam punk setting. I tried for a brass look, but I didn't bother finding a new color, so I stuck with the default that was closest to it. I also tried to recreate a more normal hunting rifle stock, since it's what the inventors would have available to them at the times.

Please let me know how this went, I'm very curius.
I never asked myself what a steampunk rifle would look like, but this is it. The open-lens scope is rather fitting, and the colors work well. My only criticisms are to do something about that goofy pistol grip and align the handguard with the barrel.

People having been making loadouts for a while so here is my first: Black Ops.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
Furburt2 said:
An Irish gun that shoots Irish stuff at Irish people.
...Do you have a picture of this?
Wait what happened to your first account, Furburt?

LordMalachi said:

So I'm not sure how well it worked, but I tried to remake my old Steampunk Barrett, only in Draggy form, since it's the only wood pieced gun in here other than the AK. The under barrel is actually an external recoil spring/piston. The long set of sights is actually an open lens scope, something I feel would be quite normal to see in a Steam punk setting. I tried for a brass look, but I didn't bother finding a new color, so I stuck with the default that was closest to it. I also tried to recreate a more normal hunting rifle stock, since it's what the inventors would have available to them at the times.

Please let me know how this went, I'm very curius.
I never asked myself what a steampunk rifle would look like, but this is it. The open-lens scope is rather fitting, and the colors work well. My only criticisms are to do something about that goofy pistol grip and align the handguard with the barrel.

As for the goofy pistol grip, yeah... its fugly ik, but i couldn't think of another way to get it close to a rifle grip... and the handguard is "meant" to resemble that of a muskett.

Although looking at the muskett... I might not need the pistol grip at all..

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
As for the goofy pistol grip, yeah... its fugly ik, but i couldn't think of another way to get it close to a rifle grip... and the handguard is "meant" to resemble that of a muskett.

Ohh I see what you were going for. A quick fix would be to use one longer barrel, get two of the SVD handguards, scale them smaller, and make them run down the entire length of the rifle.

That would look more like a musket, but I'm not going to tell you how to make your rifle.

XxdragicexX said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
XxdragicexX said:
http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/download.php i just made this cuz i was bored aint good though
You're doing it wrong!

Lol first time making one so stfu
That is no excuse. Read through the first few pages of this thread, or I can give you a step-by-step on how to get your pictures here. You just have to ask and we will help you.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:

Ohh I see what you were going for. A quick fix would be to use one longer barrel, get two of the SVD handguards, scale them smaller, and make them run down the entire length of the rifle.

That would look more like a musket, but I'm not going to tell you how to make your rifle.
Well here's a second attempt, before reading this quote lol. It's less Draggish now... but it might fit the idea a little better. I'll test out your idea later tonight, gonna let the bro borrow the comp for a while.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:

Well here's a second attempt, before reading this quote lol. It's less Draggish now... but it might fit the idea a little better. I'll test out your idea later tonight, gonna let the bro borrow the comp for a while.

Whoa, nice!

-3 to musket-yness, but +5 to cool.

Any plans on other steampunk weapons? Like a SMG?

Oh and this reminds me; gonna go make a crossbow. BRB.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Here it is.

On second thought, I'll stick with guns.

sooperman said:

Oh damn. Photobucket defaulted to resize the picture and it blurred the image. Gonna look for a way to change that.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Two new fictional creations:

Intended as a replacement for the aging AIM-14R, the M18 was developed to be an accurate and lethal assault rifle for Cornarian armed forces. However, due to production facilities cutting corners in order to rapidly supply the Cornarian military, the initial model had a fatal flaw: a tenancy to overheat and warp the barrel. While this warping was unnoticeable to the naked eye, it had a negative effect on the weapon's accuracy and lethality, and in rare cases could even render the weapon inoperable. This overheating also was reported to cause damages to the M18's internal electronics, although this was easily corrected through replacing damaged components.
The A2 model corrected this through an added system of cooling micro-ducts placed throughout the rife. Also added was an auto-shutdown system that would completely lock up all components of the rifle and initiate a rapid-cooldown procedure when internal temperatures exceeded acceptable limits, this lasting only a few seconds before the rifle would be made operable once more.

The first of Grundire's long line of bizarre experimental weaponry, the MA-06A was an attempt to merge a 5.56mm NATO Assault Rifle with a 9mm Parabellum SMG into a single "Submachine-Rifle", as it was dubbed. Despite its looks, it turned out to be a fairly accurate and reliable weapon. However, it's impracticality and cumbersome appearance limited its appeal, causing the MA-06A to never be put into full-scale production.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Skywolf09 said:

Intended as a replacement for the aging AIM-14R, the M18 was developed to be an accurate and lethal assault rifle for Cornarian armed forces. However, due to production facilities cutting corners in order to rapidly supply the Cornarian military, the initial model had a fatal flaw: a tenancy to overheat and warp the barrel. While this warping was unnoticeable to the naked eye, it had a negative effect on the weapon's accuracy and lethality, and in rare cases could even render the weapon inoperable. This overheating also was reported to cause damages to the M18's internal electronics, although this was easily corrected through replacing damaged components.
The A2 model corrected this through an added system of cooling micro-ducts placed throughout the rife. Also added was an auto-shutdown system that would completely lock up all components of the rifle and initiate a rapid-cooldown procedure when internal temperatures exceeded acceptable limits, this lasting only a few seconds before the rifle would be made operable once more.

The first of Grundire's long line of bizarre experimental weaponry, the MA-06A was an attempt to merge a 5.56mm NATO Assault Rifle with a 9mm Parabellum SMG into a single "Submachine-Rifle", as it was dubbed. Despite its looks, it turned out to be a fairly accurate and reliable weapon. However, it's impracticality and cumbersome appearance limited its appeal, causing the MA-06A to never be put into full-scale production.
Hey, I likey! Good backstory and shapes, the only problem I have is that the rails on the MA-06A would interfere with looking down the iron sight. Otherwise, great stuff.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
Here it is.

On second thought, I'll stick with guns.
Haha well it was a nice try at least ^^, and Idk, ya really think the second one is less muskety? too bulky i suppose huh?

Skywolf09 said:

I really like the second one, reminds my of my Twitter Series! >.> I might try remaking that with some of the new parts we have...

ThePostalGamer

Nov 25, 2009
sooperman said:
The rifle is a good remake, by the way. The handguard is a little too blocky, but the shape is accurate.
Thanks. I tried to get as close to it as I could, including switching back and forth between tabs to try to match the parts and move what I could around to make it look fairly close. The stock was the worst part, that was the closest I could get.

MaxMees said:
You do know that's just a Barrett M82 with the name changed for legal reasons right? It's pretty similar in looks to the Barrett 98 already on Pimp My Gun.
Yeah, I know. I looked it up on Wiki a while ago and found the exact gun it was based on, and it wasn't until page 30 in this topic (I stopped going through the pages at page 28 to start making this) that I saw that someone else made a Barrett M82 as well, so me making this feels a bit redundant now.

I also used the new version of PMG so I couldn't get any preset weapons.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Alright, that's my take on the dragunov retry. That what ya meant soop?
And there's a retry on the other idea, slimmed up the hand guard so it wasn't so bulky, and made an attempt at a steampunk looking silencer, only problem is it replaces the front iron sight >.> but the cool lil thing commin off the back is an additional exhaust port, that they happened to put a shiny silver sight on ^^ go inventor ppl lol

And actually, I think I might try some other steampunk guns, that was a good idea ^^

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
Berethond said:
Yes, that's an assault rifle with an AA-12 shotgun mounted on the bottom.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9122/mahgun.jpg
Impractical? Only on observation of design.
When I first glanced:
Oh my lord.

Then I read the description:
I think I want one.

Obviously a real one would need better ergonomic, tactical, and functional design but f' the grenade launcher, I want this!

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Aaaaaand I give to you the first version of the Steampunk Submachine Gun. It is bulky on purpose, although atm I forgot why.

Top pic is the default version, created from an AK base due to the AKs simplicity. Bottom pic is a covert ops version featuring primative reddot sights as well as the silencer from the rifle, and a folding stock. The Red dot, actually made of two open lenses and the front sight on the silencer work together to give a general, yet accurate target with a 2x - 3x zoom, depending on position of the lenses. So in essence perhaps its more of an ACOG >.> By removing one lens it becomes a 1x/1.5x red dot. (Think that makes sence? I just pulled it out of my head as I typed it lol)

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
LordMalachi said:
Alright, that's my take on the dragunov retry. That what ya meant soop?
And there's a retry on the other idea, slimmed up the hand guard so it wasn't so bulky, and made an attempt at a steampunk looking silencer, only problem is it replaces the front iron sight >.> but the cool lil thing commin off the back is an additional exhaust port, that they happened to put a shiny silver sight on ^^ go inventor ppl lol

And actually, I think I might try some other steampunk guns, that was a good idea ^^
My entry into the Steampunk collection, it is a single shot, breech loaded rifle, with an external hammer (like a pistol) the slug is loaded in with a solid chunk of packed gunpowder and the hammer is cocked to load.