Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
MaxMees said:
Thought I'd try and use parts I hardly or never use.
Not half bad for something you don't use lol

EDIT:

So I got bored, and did an amazingly simple Animated GIF for the insides of the Steampunk MG. What you cant see on the inside is the actual bits that move the rounds, but they're there. lol
Full Size: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l316/billybobfuhrer/MGinsidesFull.gif

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
wierdman51 said:
WITH A SALMON! to get it, you must cut down the thickest tree in the forest *NE* with....... A HERRING! theres also cookies if you get the reference, or get the salmon.
It's "Ní" with a hard vowel sound at the end. Don't let me catch you doing that again.

Geez these steampunk weapons are getting better as we roll with it. I might even try at some point :0

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
wierdman51 said:
WITH A SALMON! to get it, you must cut down the thickest tree in the forest *NE* with....... A HERRING! theres also cookies if you get the reference, or get the salmon.
It's "Ní" with a hard vowel sound at the end. Don't let me catch you doing that again.

Geez these steampunk weapons are getting better as we roll with it. I might even try at some point :0
Im thinkin i get the reference now that its spelt right :p so ty. And yeah they are lol. Give it a shot!
>.> I like how i started the last two trends now on this thread lol. I wonder what will come next?

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
Im thinkin i get the reference now that its spelt right :p so ty. And yeah they are lol. Give it a shot!
>.> I like how i started the last two trends now on this thread lol. I wonder what will come next?
Alright then; here it is. I'm not proud of this rifle, but I'm glad with how it came out.

Simple dot sight with one lens folded down. The magazine has a hand cushion, and it detaches first from the stock and then can be removed from the gun.

Gunna have to try this again.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
Alright then; here it is. I'm not proud of this rifle, but I'm glad with how it came out.

Simple dot sight with one lens folded down. The magazine has a hand cushion, and it detaches first from the stock and then can be removed from the gun.

The only thing I really have is if you're gonna put one lens down and still have it act as a red dot you should drop the rear lens. It works the same as the Magnifier/Acog discussion earlier in the thread. I would think anyway. And to keep it as a reddot, only one lens should have a dot at all, otherwise you're lining up the dots and it's more of a rifle scope. Know what I mean?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
LordMalachi said:
MaxMees said:
Stickyreiss said:
MaxMees said:
Stickyreiss said:
My entry into the Steampunk collection, it is a single shot, breech loaded rifle, with an external hammer (like a pistol) the slug is loaded in with a solid chunk of packed gunpowder and the hammer is cocked to load.
If it's a breech loader, why does it have a magazine?
cookie compartment
I... I think that is something every soldier needs... :')
XDD so true

Wasder said:

Another one. If you're wondering, the thing on top is a telescope.
ooo but whats the bottom tube dealy?
Its a steampunk gun, it needs no reason for random tubes.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:

The only thing I really have is if you're gonna put one lens down and still have it act as a red dot you should drop the rear lens. It works the same as the Magnifier/Acog discussion earlier in the thread. I would think anyway. And to keep it as a reddot, only one lens should have a dot at all, otherwise you're lining up the dots and it's more of a rifle scope. Know what I mean?
I was going for the rear sight having the dot and the front being the magnifier, but does that work?

I don't really know sorry :(

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
-snip-

I was going for the rear sight having the dot and the front being the magnifier, but does that work?

Dont worry about it, I wouldn't have known untill someone else asked Sticky like 20 pages back or so. I'm not 100% sure that single lenses are going to react the same way as an ACOG and Magnifier, but I would assume they would.

Sticky? Your thoughts?

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
-snip-

Dont worry about it, I wouldn't have known untill someone else asked Sticky like 20 pages back or so. I'm not 100% sure that single lenses are going to react the same way as an ACOG and Magnifier, but I would assume they would.

Sticky? Your thoughts?
The way I figure it, it would be like a magnifing glass with a dot on it; it doesn't zoom much, but it's accurate. ACOG scopes have more than one lens, of course, but I figure I only require one.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
-snip-

Sticky? Your thoughts?
The way I figure it, it would be like a magnifing glass with a dot on it; it doesn't zoom much, but it's accurate. ACOG scopes have more than one lens, of course, but I figure I only require one.
Well the order for the ACOG idea could be because of the mmulti lens stuff so I could be very wrong. We might not know which works better with out trying it lol. Till then it still looks good so if anyone else brings it up just say its being tested lol

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008

I must say steampunk guns are beggining to bore me a tad. It's just make normal gun, change the colours and add as many damn tubes as possible.

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Syniphas said:
Bandwagons woo

Did you join just to post in this thread or was it simply the feather that broke the donkey's back? Either way, welcome to The Escapist.

Having seen all these shinies, I feel lazy and unartistic for not making any good ones. I intend to fix that... Right after I've made dinner.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Wasder said:

I must say steampunk guns are beggining to bore me a tad. It's just make normal gun, change the colours and add as many damn tubes as possible.
Well it's meant to be more than random tubes... I tried to convince people of this, but oh well. I'm still thinking of what the next fad should be lol

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009

I was kinda aiming for a Mass Effect rifle thing... It dodn't go as badly as it could have gone, looking at some of the pistols in that game.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
GruntOwner said:

I was kinda aiming for a Mass Effect rifle thing... It dodn't go as badly as it could have gone, looking at some of the pistols in that game.
It looks nice but should I ask where the bullets go in and out? Or is it related to the game in some way *hasnt played ME* >.> It kinda looks like a target rifle otherwise

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
LordMalachi said:
GruntOwner said:

It looks nice but should I ask where the bullets go in and out? Or is it related to the game in some way *hasnt played ME* >.> It kinda looks like a target rifle otherwise
ME weapons have metalic slugs in the weapon which they take slices off of for ammo, then fire it as a railgun. I assume that the slug for this thing is either in the stock or you... It's at this point where my total lack of knowledge of firearms kicks in, so we'll go with the gamer's way of putting it: "You fold the gun like a really old shotgun or the sniper in Gears of War, then stick the slug into the chamber directly."