Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009

This medium-long range single shot rifle utilizes the advanced technology of jungle camoflage to make it cool.

EDIT:

A basic M16-like assault rifle, this time the camoflauge looks MUCH more realistic.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
A couple of vaguely generic rifles, both fitted for sniper roles. I do like the G3 sights.

Please give feedback.

Syniphas

Feb 10, 2010
GruntOwner said:
Did you join just to post in this thread or was it simply the feather that broke the donkey's back? Either way, welcome to The Escapist.
Just to post here :D

Thanks for the welcome.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
ctrl-alt-postal said:
So I got inspired by all the steampunk here.
Manual loading.
Enjoy.

Ooo, I like eet ^^

Syniphas said:
GruntOwner said:
Did you join just to post in this thread or was it simply the feather that broke the donkey's back? Either way, welcome to The Escapist.

Thanks for the welcome.

Haha thats why I joined too! And I definatly think ur gettin the hang of it ^^

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
ctrl-alt-postal said:
Manual loading.
Enjoy.

I think you need something more like a bipod than that foregrip. Gold-on-white works, though, nice choice there.

mcpop9 said:
updated to fix it
Now doesn't that one just look nicer?

Godavari said:

This medium-long range single shot rifle utilizes the advanced technology of jungle camoflage to make it cool.
But it has a magazine...?

Syniphas said:

Thanks for the welcome.

You have the idea, just needs some more pizzaz.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Sentinel10 said:

My attempt at the M-97 Viper Sniper Rifle from Mass Effect 2.

I tried, but it didnt go as well as I thought it would lol. Some parts I think improved, others I think I just made worse >.< thoughts guys?

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
LordMalachi said:
Sentinel10 said:

I tried, but it didnt go as well as I thought it would lol. Some parts I think improved, others I think I just made worse >.< thoughts guys?
That looks about 30 times better than my original.

Good show, my good man.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Sentinel10 said:
LordMalachi said:
Sentinel10 said:

That looks about 30 times better than my original.

Good show, my good man.
Haha well thank you, I tried to ge the shape of the silver part right more than anything >.> but that ment alot of custom shapes, which downgrades the visual quality alot :( oh well
It gave me something to do, I'd been running out of ideas and this was one of the few I had left lol, so ty

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
sooperman said:
Godavari said:

But it has a magazine...?
Sorry, maybe I used wrong terminology. I mean it takes one shot at a time. Even if you hold the trigger, it won't fire a second round until you pull it again. What's the term for that?

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
Thank, MaxMees!

This weapon was partly inspired by the Mass Effect rifle on the last page. The magazine feeds from the back and bullets are rotated in to place before firing, somewhat like the P90.

Thoughts?

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
So Sticky, how's progress on the Marlin coming?

LordMalachi said:
Sentinel10 said:

Malachi's is more accurate, frankly, but that's probably because he had something to improve on. That's just me.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Godavari said:
Thank, MaxMees!

This weapon was partly inspired by the Mass Effect rifle on the last page. The magazine feeds from the back and bullets are rotated in to place before firing, somewhat like the P90.

Thoughts?
This weapon is in ME2? Wouldn't you poke yourself in the eye with the magazine when you looked down the scope?

I don't know what gun this is based off of so I can't comment on remake accuracy, but the gun looks cool so job well done.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
sooperman said:
Godavari said:
Thank, MaxMees!

Thoughts?
This weapon is in ME2? Wouldn't you poke yourself in the eye with the magazine when you looked down the scope?

I don't know what gun this is based off of so I can't comment on remake accuracy, but the gun looks cool so job well done.
It's not actually in the game, I just based it on the general aesthetic of Lord Malachi's M-97 Viper:

LordMalachi said:
Sentinel10 said:

And as for the magazine, I don't think it would be a huge problem. You'd have to have a pretty huge head to make it an issue.

ctrl-alt-postal

Nov 16, 2009
sooperman said:
ctrl-alt-postal said:
Manual loading.
Enjoy.

I think you need something more like a bipod than that foregrip. Gold-on-white works, though, nice choice there.
Cheers. The foregrip is one part I can never get looking quite right, but I was also thinking steampunk would have a little less emphasis on OH&S and ergonomics than our present system ;)

LordMalachi said:
Sentinel10 said:

It's coming along quite nicely. It seems hard to find the right scope holder, though.

Anyways, a mid-range sniper (with bipod and front lower red-dot)

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Well ty guys for the kind comments on the Viper, honestly tho I used the ref pic as the ref and replaced well over half the parts of the orig. I think I spent... 3 or more hours on it trying to find actual pieces that worked. That idea failed mostly but oh well. There's just so many little things that can't be replicated decently >.< I still think the orig looked better even if it wasn't as accurate.

ctrl-alt-postal said:
Anyways, a mid-range sniper (with bipod and front lower red-dot)

Is it just me or is that a reaaally big pistol grip?