Please welcome your newest moderator, Lilani!

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Aerosteam said:
Elfgore said:
R.K. Meades said:
Elfgore said:
@Skatologist: A quick Google search has shown nothing. Let's hope it stays that way. We don't need another person having to completely erase any trail of themselves online just to exist on the internet.
If you're talking about 8chan, there is a thread [http://www.8ch.net/gamergatehq/res/152715.html]. Grab your popcorn
That was surprisingly tame, well except for the swearing that puts mine to shame. Seems like most people are taking the route of "wait and see", but of course a few people are "ban her him now".
"Relatively unknown guy named Elfgore"

Damn, if they called me that I'd be pissed. :p
I'm actually glad I'm unknown to GG. I like existing on the internet without being sent hate mail or being insulted for having opinions.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Elfgore said:
I'm actually glad I'm unknown to GG. I like existing on the internet without being sent hate mail or being insulted for having opinions.
I was talking about them basically saying you're not recognized by a lot of us, but that's the exact opposite, bud. :)

But anyway I hear ya. It's just a shame the same can't be said for Lilani, who might be another Topaz (in terms of reputation) this bloody early. Some people. :|

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Exius Xavarus said:
Avatars come and go, at least you've got something to start with. :p Well, you would, if it didn't appear to be broken. D: I can't tell if it's me, or if it's actually broken, so I went ahead and recreated and reuploaded it, just in case.

[sub][sub]At least, I assume that's the one you picked.[/sub][/sub]
Before I had saved it to my machine then uploaded it from there, now I'm just using that URL. I'll keep playing with it til I find something that works. Thanks all the same :3

Elfgore said:
But it's such a rush Elfgore, you have no idea!

Honestly though, my favorite part is how some imply that it's a "job" or that we were "hired." Man I can't wait for my first paycheck, can you?! All of those zeroes. And it's only going up from here! Might be making six zeroes by the fourth quarter.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Lilani said:
Before I had saved it to my machine then uploaded it from there, now I'm just using that URL. I'll keep playing with it til I find something that works. Thanks all the same :3
A broken avatar usually implies that the image was too big to upload. It might be that the avatar system hasn't realised that you're a Premium Member yet and is still enforcing the 120kB size limit. Try logging out, logging back in and then reuploading to see if that works.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
LeathermanKick25 said:
I wouldn't necessarily say so. Those congratulating her are basically saying "yay, congrats to you!" in as many words. Whilst those opposed or not necessarily happy about it are actually going into depth as to why.
Well, honestly I'm happy to see anyone I know on this site became a mod.

And those going "in depth" are really just pointing at what she's said in the past. If it's something that people think should have given Lilani a warning, that doesn't matter because mods are vulnerable to mod wrath as well. If it's something about GG, that doesn't matter because mods are not chosen based on their opinions.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Aerosteam said:
Elfgore said:
I was talking about them basically saying you're not recognized by a lot of us, but that's the exact opposite, bud. :)

But anyway I hear ya. It's just a shame the same can't be said for Lilani, who might be another Topaz (in terms of reputation) this bloody early. Some people. :|
It's all cool. I know I'm noticed by the people who I want to be noticed by. AKA, Peeps in the EUNOPF.
Lilani said:
Elfgore said:
But it's such a rush Elfgore, you have no idea!

Honestly though, my favorite part is how some imply that it's a "job" or that we were "hired." Man I can't wait for my first paycheck, can you?! All of those zeroes. And it's only going up from here! Might be making six zeroes by the fourth quarter.
Wait.... you didn't ask for a starting paycheck of at least six figures?!?! I demanded six figures to start. Seven if I make it a year. Sky's the limit, Lilani. You just gotta reach up and grasp it!

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Lilani said:
Exius Xavarus said:
Avatars come and go, at least you've got something to start with. :p Well, you would, if it didn't appear to be broken. D: I can't tell if it's me, or if it's actually broken, so I went ahead and recreated and reuploaded it, just in case.

[sub][sub]At least, I assume that's the one you picked.[/sub][/sub]
Glad to help. :[] Hate to be a bother, but I noticed glaring flaws in the recreation I gave you(I can see the interlacing) and I had to fix it. My apologies for changing it on you so many times, just trying to make sure you get one of appropriate quality.

Edit: I derped and forgot the updated version. Not perfect, but significantly better.

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
Dalek Caan said:
If I remember correctly, didn't Luke want to join Rebels and fight the Empire?
I think he actually wanted to join the Empire, as he had mentioned something about an academy. I know I'm not the only person to have interpreted that way because one of the Star Wars games, for a tutorial, Luke goes through an Empire recruitment program.
Bit of both perhaps? He wanted to apply to the academy, presumably the tie fighter academy, to get away from farm life. Hardly unheard of that a young man would feel this way. However, he is not a fan of the way the Empire runs things. Sort of an, "I love my country it's the government I can't stand" way of thinking. Then his Aunt and Uncle get murdered because he might maybe have talked to the wrong person so it was rebels from then on!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Fappy said:
R.K. Meades said:
Elfgore said:
@Skatologist: A quick Google search has shown nothing. Let's hope it stays that way. We don't need another person having to completely erase any trail of themselves online just to exist on the internet.
If you're talking about 8chan, there is a thread [http://www.8ch.net/gamergatehq/res/152715.html]. Grab your popcorn.

Also, I would be a bad guest if I showed up empty-handed...

[http://imgur.com/yAWNzRX]

ayy lmao
You'd think these people have something better to do.

I really wonder why they obsess over these forums so much. It's really bizarre.

EDIT: Looking through the thread it appears some people actually know what's up, so that's nice.
I find it ironic considering some of the people angry over there are clearly rabid anti-SJWs, and one of the most common complaints about SJWs (Still hate that term) is that they look for anything to be offended over.

Oh the sweet delicious irony.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Zombie_Fish said:
AccursedTheory said:
Wait a minute...

Wasn't Lilani already a moderator way back when, and then quit to spend more time in the real world?

Am I remember this right? I've hit my head a few times.

In either case, congratulations!
Quite a few mods have done that, but the one you're thinking of is probably Aylaine.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Like I said, I've hit my head a few more times since last I was on the Escapist. I don't remember things good no more.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
As long as you don't pull the shit Topaz did (seriously, not cool), I actually have no problem with a mod who knows exactly where his biases are.
But I guess this makes me a shill now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

So, congrats I guess. And to Elfgore too, I didn't post in his thread.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Elfgore said:
Aerosteam said:
Elfgore said:

It's all cool. I know I'm noticed by the people who I want to be noticed by. AKA, Peeps in the EUNOPF.
Yeah, it's funny how much more attention I pay to some people after having seen them in there... ;p
... I swear though, if I'm even a tenth as strange in the forums themselves as I am in that group, people must think I'm completely nuts or something... >_>
Which... May be true, but that's beside the point. XD

... On the whole I'd say being unknown online certainly seems to work out better than having everyone know who you are...
Because, more often than not they seem to only ever pay attention to the worst things about you... >_<

... As for Lilani...
Wow, certain groups seem really spiteful and vindictive if they're already complaining about you. Wow. It's almost scary how that works.

Though I'm used to people blowing things out of all proportion and misrepresenting a person's views (usually in the worst possible way). Especially in a topic where people seem to feel the need to do the whole "you're either for us, or against us!" nonsense.
As if anything is ever that simple.

And if people are going to drag up the past, who knows what they'll find, especially if they pick on things that sound bad taken out of context...
I certainly think people could assume all manner of things about me from stuff I've said, off-handedly over the years, just on the forums here...
Who knows. Some of it might even be true. XD
But chances are much of it would just lead to messed up conclusions that are completely off the mark.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the one facing this. Best of luck again. To both of you. You'll need it. >_<

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
R.K. Meades said:
Elfgore said:
If you're talking about 8chan, there is a thread [http://www.8ch.net/gamergatehq/res/152715.html]. Grab your popcorn.

Also, I would be a bad guest if I showed up empty-handed...

[http://imgur.com/yAWNzRX]

ayy lmao
Ohhhh the Salt in that tread...That Raw Ass Sodium.
You better make sure your popcorn is butter flavor!

Also, shout out to the "Kanewut.png" guy in the link, he seems pretty cool :D

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
Fappy said:
InvisibleJim's post made 2/3 of my cats cry.
Two-thirds of your cats? You know the only people who use fractions to describe how many cats they have are hoarders. You're not trying to say that twelve of your eighteen cats cried, are you?
What if you only have one cat?

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
Congratulations are in order both for you, Lilani, and us in the community. You're one of the more reasonable people I've seen in the internet badlands.

I see you've already gotten your first taste of public opinion - as I'm sure you've heard from other directions as well, it's best to try not to let it get to you. I used to be a moderator on another forum, and the very first moderating action I took ended up with a 15-page thread comparing me to both Stasi and the Gestapo (with corresponding photoshoppings of my portrait). Some people just want to watch the world burn, as they say, and those are often the same as the people who have no sense of proportion.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Nomad said:
I used to be a moderator on another forum, and the very first moderating action I took ended up with a 15-page thread comparing me to both Stasi and the Gestapo (with corresponding photoshoppings of my portrait).
Wait what? That's not fair. I never get any cool photoshops of me on the bodies of dictators or mafia bozos. :C

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Nomad said:
I used to be a moderator on another forum, and the very first moderating action I took ended up with a 15-page thread comparing me to both Stasi and the Gestapo (with corresponding photoshoppings of my portrait).
To be fair many of the founding members of the Stasi were recruited from ex gestapo members in soviet camps.
sky14kemea said:
Wait what? That's not fair. I never get any cool photoshops of me on the bodies of dictators or mafia bozos. :C
They are probably afraid that you will web them