Plot twists and big reveals you solved by yourself

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Knights of the Old Republic as a 15 year old.

I knew I was Revan before leaving the first world.

Baldur Moon

Aug 4, 2012
The Cabin in the Woods most recently
The college kids were being sacrificed to some sort of ancient evil in order to stop something very bad from happening; they practically give it away in the opening credits and first 15 minuets of the film
Kind of left me disappointing cause all my friends were calling "Best twist eva!" Hardly I say... Good movie though

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
My friend called the twist in From Paris with Love in the first 5 minutes. I don't know if that made the film predictable and me dense or if it came from his heavy knowledge of spy and espionage films.

James Reese's wife was a sleeper agent

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
LostGryphon said:

This. I still don't understand how this is considered a good twist when it was so obvious almost from the start.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well I was watching Fairy Tail last night and I figured out what the main villain was up to long before the heroes did. In fact the heroes never really did figure it out until it was pretty much complete. Which actually disappointed me, Erza I expected better from you. For those who also watch the show, I'm talking about the Tower of Heaven arc.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
The last 30 seconds of The Dark Knight Rises?
Yeah, saw that the moment they cast Joseph Gordon-Levitt as "John Blake".

ThePerfectionist

Apr 5, 2010
Oh man, I do this all the time, but the one that comes to mind is an old movie called Paycheck. I remember it because I was watching it with my family, TOTALLY called something, was mocked, and then was proven right. Very satisfying.

Anyway, it wasn't a huge plot twist or anything, I just managed to figure out that Ben Affleck's character had given up his multi-million-dollar paycheck in order to force his future self to pay attention to the assortment of crap he'd left behind.

May 5, 2010
I figured out that the "flashbacks" were actually flash-forwards.

I figured out that the weird Jacob-followers were carrying around Locke's corpse.

Yeah, that's all I can think of.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
LostGryphon said:

Exactly the same. Well, I was 14 at the time, though. And most people I've talked about it also got it. People around my age at the time.

Only recently did I start seeing people surprised by that plot twist. And that is since I started coming here, where more people talk about KotOR.

Other than that, the Mass Effect thing. I didn't "solve" it as much as it was so boring and unoriginal, that I couldn't even bother trying to be excited which of stories I already knew did BioWare put into the game.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
DoPo said:
LostGryphon said:

Exactly the same. Well, I was 14 at the time, though. And most people I've talked about it also got it. People around my age at the time.

Only recently did I start seeing people surprised by that plot twist. And that is since I started coming here, where more people talk about KotOR.

Other than that, the Mass Effect thing. I didn't "solve" it as much as it was so boring and unoriginal, that I couldn't even bother trying to be excited which of stories I already knew did BioWare put into the game.
Unfortunately I had the twist ruined for me before I played the game D:

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Aerosteam 1908 said:
The Halo rings weren't meant to destroy the Flood.

Also... The Flood will return in Halo 4-6 and what you have to do is reverse what the Halo rings do.

I'M CALLING ON IT.
...I...I don't want to think about The Flood being in the new trilogy. If the new trilogy includes actual boss fights than I would be willing to accept The Flood in 4 if Gravemind is the final boss and killing it results in The Flood dying out or something.

---

I can't really think of anything that I was able to guess from the beginning...There was the one twist in Sweeny Todd that was easy enough to guess but that's about it for me.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
Obvious one from Dark Knight Rises

the kid who climbed out of the prison, i mean, the kid didnt have the mask, they kept saying he was injured in the prison and got it there

Bestival

May 5, 2012
In Black Ops I instantly suspected the whole Reznov thing when he was in that save room.

And in Unthinkable I suspected more bombs that he was admitting to pretty much from the start. Just seems something you want an ace in the hole for...

But usually I'm extremely dense about stuff like this, which I like because imo movies and such are more fun that way. Love those moments that make you go "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat".

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
The Happening.
I called "It's the plants" no more than probably like 15 minutes into that movie.

Edited because spoiler, though there's maybe like one person on the planet that would likely care at this point.

Agent 45

Jan 7, 2012
I figured out the Miranda Tate thing when it was said that Bane was Ra's child, seeing as Ra's never had a male child in the comics.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
I figured out that the Marked One and Strelok were the same person. Can't remember how, though.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I figured out the rather obvious plot twist from Windwaker:
Tetra is Princess Zelda