Pokémon X and Y Add a Z-Axis

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
PunkRex said:
Im liking the aesthetics, still maintaining the old look. All im worried about is the new monz, Black and White was a serious mixed bag of good (Gavantula, Serperior, Scolipede), bad (Trubbish, Vanillish, Pansear) and down right UGLY (Sawk and Throh, Sawk and Throh, Sawk and Throh). Heres hoping they put abit more effort into the designs this time around, hell just hold a fan competition, some fakemon on DA are easily as good as the cannon-mon.

Heres hoping Froakie will evolve to have a banging tash, granted we already have Samurott, a Frog with a tash would be legend.
Actually from the looks of it Nintendo might not even make a new region full of new pokemon and just use existing ones.

My bet is for about 50-60 Gen 6 pokemon and the other 200 or so to be from the massive backlog that the series already has.
I mean unless they had a smaller seperate team working on Black and White 2 they've only got about a year to work on this game so a new set of 'mons seems unlikely, that or they all look like crap :/

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
PunkRex said:
Im liking the aesthetics, still maintaining the old look. All im worried about is the new monz, Black and White was a serious mixed bag of good (Gavantula, Serperior, Scolipede), bad (Trubbish, Vanillish, Pansear) and down right UGLY (Sawk and Throh, Sawk and Throh, Sawk and Throh).
To each their own I suppose, the only one that I thought was downright silly was the Vanillish line, the rest felt like a refreshing return to Gen 1&2's simpler designs; Sawk, Throh, and Trubbish were easily in my top five. Heck, I only picked up Gen 5 because the roster of monsters didn't look like a zoo had collided with a Final Fantasy game.

OT: Hmm, the starters look alright. We've already got the Vulpix->Ninetails line so the fire starter feels redundant, out of the three the grass starter piques my interest the most. Still it took them quite a while to make the transition to a three dimensional overworld, but by the looks of it though it's going to pay off in 3D battles that aren't near as boring as the ones from the stadium series. Provided the roster of monsters doesn't look stupid (Gen 4 stupid) I may have to pick this up when it comes out. Unfortunately I can probably already assume any multiplayer/global trading function that's built in is going to suck. (If they'd just let you search for monsters that you don't already have in your pokedex it would be a huge improvement)

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I have not played a Pokemon game since blue, but I love my 3DS so now might be the time! I dread to think what's changed...

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Josh12345 said:
PunkRex said:
Im liking the aesthetics, still maintaining the old look. All im worried about is the new monz, Black and White was a serious mixed bag of good (Gavantula, Serperior, Scolipede), bad (Trubbish, Vanillish, Pansear) and down right UGLY (Sawk and Throh, Sawk and Throh, Sawk and Throh). Heres hoping they put abit more effort into the designs this time around, hell just hold a fan competition, some fakemon on DA are easily as good as the cannon-mon.

Heres hoping Froakie will evolve to have a banging tash, granted we already have Samurott, a Frog with a tash would be legend.
Actually from the looks of it Nintendo might not even make a new region full of new pokemon and just use existing ones.

My bet is for about 50-60 Gen 6 pokemon and the other 200 or so to be from the massive backlog that the series already has.
I mean unless they had a smaller seperate team working on Black and White 2 they've only got about a year to work on this game so a new set of 'mons seems unlikely, that or they all look like crap :/
Well it's still months away and they've probably been working on it in parallel with B/W2 since B/W shipped (like they did with HG/SS and B/W) I expect there'll be about a hundred new 'mons, but only time will tell.

mixadj

Oct 23, 2010
The environments remind me of XD:GOD on the GameCube. There were other games than the stadiums on consoles...

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Every iteration of Pokémon has seen my interest drop a little, but this has certainly caught my eye. Reckon this will be a preorder job.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
Cognimancer said:
... In the meantime, you can start thinking about which starter to choose. Just a heads up, though: if you don't pick Froakie, you're wrong.
My Fennekin will beg to disagree ;) hehehe :p I'm actually excited for this news and can't wait to buy 'X' ^_^

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Bolt-206 said:
Takes a while for news posts to get on here, don't it?

I'm pretty sure half the pokefans on the internet have already started 'squeeeeeeeee'ing over Fennekin, given how much fan art there is of it.
There's already fanart of Fennekin?

OT: I guess I'm buying a 3DS soon.

Although it looks like a "Y" in the video, I'm pretty sure the deer is supposed to be the X.

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
Eclipse Dragon said:
I'm pretty sure there was a metric ton of Zorua fan art the moment THAT was revealed.
Heck, I even saw a short (loop) animation of Fennekin a while ago too (the internet works faster than you think).

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Fire type fennec fox?
Yes please.
Seriously, fennecs are already some of the cutest things on the planet. Light that sucker up. I want to burninate things adorably.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Bolt-206 said:
Eclipse Dragon said:
I'm pretty sure there was a metric ton of Zorua fan art the moment THAT was revealed.
Heck, I even saw a short (loop) animation of Fennekin a while ago too (the internet works faster than you think).
Man people work fast...

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I can't wait for people to whine about how this is the worst Pokemon game ever.

Oh wait, it's already started.

What a surprise.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Sweet! I'll have to look into this... even though I need a 3DS first... and haven't got around to playing Pokemon Black/White yet. Oh boy, this is gonna take a while...

dark king 1525

Nov 9, 2010
This is quite the coincidence, I just finished White 2 yesterday and this is announced the very next day. I think Nintendo is watching me.

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
Z of the Na said:
Why, oh why does this have to be on the 3DS...?
Because the 3DS is pretty much why it exists.
Phlakes said:
I can't wait for people to whine about how this is the worst Pokemon game ever.
I definitely consider it unnecessary, but it's a very superficial sort of unnecessary, and they've done a great job of making it look as close to the last generation as possible. I'm not expecting it to top HG/SS as the best of the series, but there's no way it will be worse than Ruby/Sapphire.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
i like the idea that the pikachu opening had no subtitles in the original airing an they were only added for western audience, and that everyone else just understands him over there haha

Detroit

Dec 22, 2012
There has never been a more appropriate time for the shut up and take my money quote.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Falterfire said:
X & Y? Was Marketing on holiday and they forgot to ask them for real names when they got back?

Seriously though, Black & White 1 were solid. I still haven't gotten around to playing 2 but if this one follows in their shoes I'll be more than happy to waste even more time catching increasingly bizarre Pokemans.

Here's hoping the fire starter doesn't evolve into a Fire/Fighting type again though.

X and Y are Axis.

The third game will be called Z.

It's just as clever as Black and White (which was clever).

And if you haven't played BnW2. Stop right now, go go play it. Do it.

Have you done it yet?

If not go do it.