Pokémon X and Y Add a Z-Axis

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Was waiting to comment on the official news. I can't wait.
I was somewhat disappointed Black and White weren't in 3D.
Black and White were still good though, but I haven't even completed their first versions, or HeartGold yet, for that matter.

None of these factors will be able to restrain me throwing my wallet at this.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
For those wondering if the titles are based on 3D coordinates, it turns out the Japanese titles have double helices over them.
Possible allusion to new DNA splicing mechanic? More genetic experimentation like Mewtwo and Genesect?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
Since this is called X and Y, I have a question:

If X and Y ARE referring to chromosomes and assuming the X deer is female and the Y flyer is male, does this mean whatever villian team is in this is plotting to breed those two Legends to create some kind of uber Pokémon?
No, that would be a freaking awesome plot but the name is about the X, Y and Z axis (In other words, 3D)

X + Y breed to make Z...

Aw, now you made me excited for a plot that will not be in the game (there is an impossibly slim chance it could happen though...)
Actually, if you look at many images released by Nintendo, the titles, X And Y have DNA strands in them...for example

The little multicoloured thing in the titles is what i mean :p

OT: Cannot wait for this, no Pokemon title has disappointed me and i doubt this will be any different!

Also gamers can be so hypocritical, 2 years ago ( hell even a year ago when B/W2 was released) when Black and White were released, the people who complained about the series all said "they need to release a 3D version" now that they are, it's apparently going to ruin the franchise...Nintendo can't win! :p

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I'm not a fan of any of them... but the fire starter looks the least stupid... so I'll probably pick that while I figure out how to get my Charmander as quick as possible.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
GeeksUtopia said:
It finally happened....they ran out of colors
False... they ran out of colors last time... so they tacked a "2" onto them in an effort to fool us into thinking they hadn't.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Edit: Double post is bad... but triple post with cloned reply is the worst... I'm a bad person.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
FelixG said:
You know, if they had upped the graphics, stuck it on the WiiU....That might have convinced me to get the WiiU and this game.
That is what I was thinking I mean Pokemon's game play lends itself really well to the WiiU too with the whole touch pad.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Phlakes said:
I can't wait for people to whine about how this is the worst Pokemon game ever.

Oh wait, it's already started.

What a surprise.
"Whaa, Nintendo are just selling the same game again with no changes, whaa" vs "whaa, Nintendo changed it now it sucks, whaa"
Poor buggers can't win, but they keep trying.

SuperSuperSuperGuy said:
Honestly, I'm hoping that the starters are dual-type, preferably Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. I'm not pulling this out of my ass, either; Fennikin appears to use a Psychic move, given the colour scheme and the wavy animation of the attack, and Chespin seems to use some kind of slashing move, which resembles the move Night Slash. The only one I'm really iffy on is Froakie; it's attack is obviously physical, but doesn't have an discernible type. However, given a Psychic-type and a Dark-type, the third starter would be Fighting-type, as they form a trio similar to the trio formed by Grass, Fire and Water. In addition, due to the way that it's set up, there is NOT another Fire/Fighting-type starter (thankfully) and each starter's secondary type is strong against the one whose primary type is strong against it, thus forming, not just one cycle between them, but a second in the opposite direction of the first.

Now, this is all still just speculation, but I don't think it's entirely unfounded. Well, one way or another, I'm SUPER excited for the sixth generation!
I... that is probably the best idea I've ever heard for starter-typing.
And Fire/Psychic fox? sign me the hell up!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Z of the Na said:
Why, oh why does this have to be on the 3DS...?
So that you can play it on this beast:

Me... right now, I'm not liking it. The grass starter looks like a normal starting area rodent that's wearing a funky green hat, the water one looks redonkulous, and the fire one... ok, it's cute I'll admit, and it better not become a fire/fighting type!!

The version names are dumb as hell (I guess they didn't have a big ol' box of Crayolas to pick two colors from), the beasts that I'm safely presuming are the version mascots are kind of dumb (didn't they learn that people don't really like letter based Pokemon from the last time they did it?), and the addition of the Z-axis makes my head hurt (I didn't like it happened in B/W 1 & 2, and I'm not liking it as of right now). Hell, this looks more like a Pokemon knock off game than an actual Pokemon game.

Eclipse Dragon said:
Although it looks like a "Y" in the video, I'm pretty sure the deer is supposed to be the X.
Yup. You can see the antlers in the 'X' logo.

ClockworkUniverse said:
... I'm not expecting it to top HG/SS as the best of the series, but there's no way it will be worse than Ruby/Sapphire.
I agree with you on HG/SS, but from what I remember of Ruby, it was fun.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Can people stop saying they ran out of colours without doing a bit of research? The X and Y in the title, refers to Chromosomes in DNA, if you go to Google and Type "Pokemon X and Y DNA" you can see a few pictures released by Nintendo, that have a Rainbow coloured DNA Strand. Lets face it, Pokemon titles have never been the best, but at least this title, and Black and White, actually refer to something.

We know little to nothing about this game, other than the Starters designs and names, the Legendarys (which btw look friggin badass) and the fact it's 3D, the animation may look iffy now, but it has 9 more friggin months, give it chance people! -.-

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
arc1991 said:
the animation may look iffy now, but it has 9 more friggin months, give it chance people! -.-
In all respect I think people think the animations look iffy because people are finding it hard to adjust to such a big difference. I think it looks fine, brilliant.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
Since this is called X and Y, I have a question:

If X and Y ARE referring to chromosomes and assuming the X deer is female and the Y flyer is male, does this mean whatever villian team is in this is plotting to breed those two Legends to create some kind of uber Pokémon?
No, that would be a freaking awesome plot but the name is about the X, Y and Z axis (In other words, 3D)

X + Y breed to make Z...

Aw, now you made me excited for a plot that will not be in the game (there is an impossibly slim chance it could happen though...)
Sorry, man!

Of course...looking at the pics, they made the X and Y look similar to the two legends in some way. I wonder if the third Legend (and we KNOW there will be a third Legend) looks like a Z in some way? Like...some serpentine Pokémon?

Actually...the only two things I'm hoping for this gen are either a Dark type Gym, a Poison type Legendary, or both!

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
soren7550 said:
ClockworkUniverse said:
... I'm not expecting it to top HG/SS as the best of the series, but there's no way it will be worse than Ruby/Sapphire.
I agree with you on HG/SS, but from what I remember of Ruby, it was fun.
Well...It had more engine improvements than any other generation and the new Pokèmon were pretty awesome, but the map design meant going anywhere was usually a long boring trek, and there are several occasions where your only indication of what to do next is something someone vaguely mentioned two hours ago. So I'd call it the most important game in the series' history (besides the first ones, obviously), but I can't really enjoy playing it.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
FelixG said:
You know, if they had upped the graphics, stuck it on the WiiU....That might have convinced me to get the WiiU and this game.
You do realise the only reason they will never ever do that, is because Pokemon is basically the only reason some people by their handheld consoles. It is literally the only reason I have owned gameboy's, ds's and a 3DS.