Pokemon Black & White To Feature Only Entirely New Pokemon

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
I think this is a very good move. I was always bothered but the tendency for certain Pokemon to always be in peoples teams whatever the generation, hopefully this will encourage the sort of diversity seen in Gen1 times

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!

Matt Kloepfer said:
I'd have to say that the pokemon series is just going out of style. For all those little kids out there, fucking eh wonderful for them, but to those of us who were born in the age of the original versions, this is just more bullshit. It's about time for the games to stop being created and quit making more pokemon to add. The total number is probably easily over 1000 and the concepts of their design is just pathetic. They are starting to take real animals and just slap a suffix on them and call them an inventive pokemon.
I think they should just remake the first two, it would be great to have Red/Blue with 3d graphics and all that other jazz.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
arc1991 said:
minarri said:
I don't see what the big deal is. Isn't this precisely what they did with Ruby and Sapphire?
Strange how i got Gyarados and Skarmory then...
I guess I was wrong. Suppose that's what I get for only going by memory meh

w/e I'll totally buy the game once stores have restocked them this fall

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
This is a good idea if they want to recreate the feeling of discovering Pokemon and working out their types and attacks like when we first played Red and Blue. This will fall flat on me as I'm constantly looking at the latest news and seeing the new Pokemon, but it will work on less obsessed fans.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Hubilub said:
Read the title and became very happy. Finally we don't have to go through every previous Pokemon game to catch all Pokemon.

Then I read the part were you'll be able to import Pokemon, which means that there will be a Pokedex that will include all Pokemon.

... fuck.
It'll take about half an hour to scroll from the top to the bottom. I want to know who has to create all the damn sounds for them.

However Black and White looks more appealing with every bit of news. The only thing Ive disliked so far are the Legendaries which I just find ugly as sin.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Podunk said:
Miumaru said:
So even more so they still refuse to obey their own goal of catching them all. Be nice for just one game where I can do that without needing hacks, glitches, or trades.
As antisocial as gamers are, trades have always been a part of Pokemon, going back to the Meowths and Sandshrews of generation I.
Pickachu also used to be part of Pokemon. Just because it was how it was, does not mean it should continue if its bad. I just want to have a full pokedex without having to do all this other stuff.

ShoopDaToaster

Jun 15, 2010
Out of nowhere,a new pokemon is released into Black and White...
TWOBAT!!
Notrly,on a more serious note,i guess this would be nice,if the 5th gen pokemon didn't look that bad (look at that purplish pink thing in the picture,WTF?)Well,I never expected that much of Black and White,it seemed good,but after Diamond and Pearl,my hopes for Pokemon has gone down the drain.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Eh my team wouldnt obey me at 0 badges anyway, I like using region specific pokemon on the story run anyway.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
So I can't go and catch all my old faithfuls? I don't get my... Arkanine?

Oh well, I guess It'll be a fresh experience. Should be good.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
I was disappointed to see so few new Pokemon in Diamond & Pearl, so having all new Pokemon in Black & White should be cool. I just hope they've put enough effort into the new designs. Fortunatly, it's already looking very good.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Nautical Honors Society said:
This is good news. I thought they got a little lazy with Diamond since there weren't that many new pokemon. It'll be cool to start fresh with all new pokemon.

Although does anyone else feel like the monster designs are different somehow?
It is in a different country this region (Ishuu Region that is) so i guess they should feel different.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Nautical Honors Society said:
This is good news. I thought they got a little lazy with Diamond since there weren't that many new pokemon. It'll be cool to start fresh with all new pokemon.

Although does anyone else feel like the monster designs are different somehow?
well I think they have a differnet look for a different region

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
link_to_future said:
Rigs83 said:
But will there be sock?
No thanks, I'd rather not help destroy the evil power.
Kudos too you sir or madame.

OojahHalo

May 24, 2009
ZeroAE said:
Pfff.... Who needs that. I can just import them from Diamond. On the other side , NO GEODUDES OR ZUBATS....WOOOOOO!!!!!
Actually, you can only pull in Pokemon from the older games through a system similar to Pal Park, which means you need to beat the game and get the National Dex First

OT: I am really looking forward to this game, while most of the Pokemon look strange, I may be buying both copies as the worlds between the two are supposed to be radically different.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Rigs83 said:
link_to_future said:
Rigs83 said:
But will there be sock?
No thanks, I'd rather not help destroy the evil power.
Kudos too you sir or madame.
Yeah...after seeing that picture, my face looks the same as Ivysaur's.

http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=29

Moving on... >.>