Pokemon Black & White To Feature Only Entirely New Pokemon

ZodiacMaster101

Jul 6, 2010
Yes finnally, no more zubats, geodudes, pikachus, magnemites, tentacools, or f***ing magikarps, finnaly my prayers of seeing those paticular pokemon burn in hell has finally come true

fishy009er

May 10, 2010
I personally think that it'll be a little strange not knowing anything about the new pokemon but I think its a really good idea.

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
I have a theory about these new games. I believe game freak are going all out for these games because its very likely that these will be the last traditional pokemon games we see. It would be maddening if gamefreak didnt do a complete visual overhaul for the 3ds games. Im anticipating a full 3d world more similar to a final fantasy type game. Im sure gameplay will still be the same but I dont think we will ever be only capable of walking in straight lines after this gen.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
I don't see what the big deal is. Isn't this precisely what they did with Ruby and Sapphire?

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Thank GOD. My biggest wish for Gen V Was no Abras, Geodudes, Tentacools or fucking Zubats. Caves will be bearable again.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
So even more so they still refuse to obey their own goal of catching them all. Be nice for just one game where I can do that without needing hacks, glitches, or trades.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Honestly this is good, and I say this as a person who stopped playing Pokemon after Silver/Gold. There was already way too many to stick into one game.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Miumaru said:
So even more so they still refuse to obey their own goal of catching them all. Be nice for just one game where I can do that without needing hacks, glitches, or trades.
As antisocial as gamers are, trades have always been a part of Pokemon, going back to the Meowths and Sandshrews of generation I.

Crowded_Space

Oct 19, 2009
Hmm, interesting. I played Pokemon up until...whatever came after Gold/Silver, but changing tastes and interests caused me to miss quite a bit. This might be what gets me back into the franchise. Getting to play the new game without having to catch up on all the older stuff, and not feel like I missed anything.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I don't really like this idea. So far, almost all of the new Pokemon look even dumber than the previous ones. Although I like the Eagle and the White Ribbon thing.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Hubilub said:
Read the title and became very happy. Finally we don't have to go through every previous Pokemon game to catch all Pokemon.

Then I read the part were you'll be able to import Pokemon, which means that there will be a Pokedex that will include all Pokemon.

... fuck.
Exactly my response
Why not do the same process as evolution for the old pokemon, kill off all the ones that suck or are so unpopular no one wants
It realtes to pokemon in the same way that they evolve and would kill in order to be better fighters and would clear up the pokedex so it's easier to fill the damn pokedex up

Azmokuta

Mar 15, 2010
I totally feel you guys. After gen I Pokemon got so weird-looking! To celebrate back when GameFreak's design team had some talent, here's this awesome picture of a group of Tangelas!

Diddy_King

Jul 9, 2009
Dragonizer said:
NickCaligo42 said:
Dragonizer said:
I'm a little sad I won't be able to catch some old favorites
Yeah, but look at it this way: you won't be catching Bidoof or Ratatta again. There'll be some stupid equivalent pokemon, sure, but at least you won't be growling angrily and shouting, "I already caught you in the last four games--go away!"
I dunno, man. Rattata is actually one of my favorites. :p
Me too dude. My Raticate used to destroy everything in like 1 hit, and dodged attacks like nobody's business...Not to mention the thing is like 3 feet tall, so taking down a Dragonite with one bite is even better.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Matt Kloepfer said:
I'd have to say that the pokemon series is just going out of style. For all those little kids out there, fucking eh wonderful for them, but to those of us who were born in the age of the original versions, this is just more bullshit. It's about time for the games to stop being created and quit making more pokemon to add. The total number is probably easily over 1000 and the concepts of their design is just pathetic. They are starting to take real animals and just slap a suffix on them and call them an inventive pokemon.
I played the original pokemon and I have played all of them except the original second generation all the new generations to is add variety and new things to change the pokemon experience pokemon contests, double battle, pokemon athletics and triple battle. They do what a sequel should build on what was good and change what was bad. the only thing I hope changes is that they only add 5 legendary pokemon(the 2 exclusive to each game then the 3 electric, fire and ice ones) I this game not double figures like in the fourth generation.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Humn... Yeah, I actually like this idea. An attempt to recapture that feeling of a completely alien world... This could work.