Pokemon Black & White To Feature Only Entirely New Pokemon

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Azmokuta said:
I totally feel you guys. After gen I Pokemon got so weird-looking! To celebrate back when GameFreak's design team had some talent, here's this awesome picture of a group of Tangelas!

I think the only generation that was weird was the third and some of the new generation look strange. also as a side not I love tangela and the fourth generation gave it an evolution that can kick ass
senorcromas said:
Okay, what is that black... thing in the picture?! I mean, yeah, sure, the rest are passable, but oh god! It will forever haunt my nightmares!
that is a psychic pokemon and ya it is the worst of the new pokemon. I'm having real problems thinking of the name but you know the guy that made the nightmare before Christmas I think he made that pokemon. I think only that and one or two of the revealed pokemon look strange.

now that it said we only have new pokemon I fell like not finding out about any more pokemon so I will be surprised by them all. also you know the pink one with stuff coming out the head that is the evolution of another new pokemon which I so want to train. also one of my friends who started playing pokemon in the fifth generation thought that he would be able to transfer pokemon from black and white to his diamond game I'll let you make of that what you will.

Azmokuta

Mar 15, 2010
nuba km said:
Azmokuta said:
I totally feel you guys. After gen I Pokemon got so weird-looking! To celebrate back when GameFreak's design team had some talent, here's this awesome picture of a group of Tangelas!

I think the only generation that was weird was the third and some of the new generation look strange. also as a side not I love tangela and the fourth generation gave it an evolution that can kick ass
I like and dislike some Pokemon in all generations. I'm just addressing the rash of Chicken Littles insisting the series is RUINED FOREVER because the new Pokemon look so silly, when really, Pokemon have always been kinda funny-looking. Gen I Pokemon are only less goofy than the most recent batch when you're looking at them through hardcore, rose-colored, nostalgia glasses.

And yeah, I liked Tangrowth and Magnezone far more than their gen I counterparts myself.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Hopefully if the trading system is actually like a proper trading system this time people will be able to hook up online and eventually get some of the oldies.

First person to have 150 old pokemon wins!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I'm sad, I make a point in every new Pokemon game to only catch 6 of the original 150 Pokemon for my team. To prove they are still the best. Can't do that now.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
minarri said:
I don't see what the big deal is. Isn't this precisely what they did with Ruby and Sapphire?
Strange how i got Gyarados and Skarmory then...

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
I wonder whats going to relace bidoof, probably something less stupid.

But i bet alot of people are raging because of Nostalgia.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I like this. It's good to see them mixing up these instalments, rather than just tossing in a gimmick. However, what i really want to see, is an edition where you can catch all the pokemon in a single version. I don't want to trade between versions, it feels like management... Plus a waste of time, searching for all the pokemon in one game, just to trade them to another (legendaries, starters, those few that are in only one game etc...)

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
I want 8 Pokémon in a party, not 6. Carrying around 1 or 2 totally shite Pokémon just for their HM moves is bullshit. I want to take my asskicking team and still be able to climb rocks.

On a related note, HM's best be better in this. No more of this bloody "oh look, water. DO YOU WANT TO SURF? Or are you just pushing against the water edge for no reason?". Just make all HMs apart from Cut constant in an area. Having to click USE ROCK CLIMB? YES/GOLEM USED ROCK CLIMB/SHITTY ANIMATION every time I see rubble is a *****.

Also, thankfully I can catch my sweet Pokérapists in Black/White. My Metagross and Rayquaza better still be shiny though.

Avelestar

Apr 17, 2010
I LOVE the fact that I could actually finish the pokedex in this one. Sure it will still take some swapping between me and a mate who owns the other version, but I don't need to go back and get every freaking pokemon ever.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Avelestar said:
I LOVE the fact that I could actually finish the pokedex in this one. Sure it will still take some swapping between me and a mate who owns the other version, but I don't need to go back and get every freaking pokemon ever.
you do know their will be 2 Pokedex's in this one, because you can send older Pokemon over?

So yeh...good luck =P

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
That, my friends we call "replay value". You want the classics too? Second play through baby!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
An interesting choice to make, but how many new Pokemon are there going to be? With the curret Pokemon I'm seeing, I'm starting to think that they're running out of ideas for new Pokemon...

But I'm being cynical, I'm playing through SoulSilver right now and it's enjoyable to an extent. I don't plan to buy a 3DS, though my friend does and I'm sure he'll play the Pokemon game anyway.

Amyler

Nov 17, 2009
natster43 said:
I am happy for this, yet sad there will not be a new Eeveelution. Hooray for a completely new adventure!
I think there's still fair chance for new eeveelutions (Perfect oppertunity for pure flying type guys!). After all, Sinnoh's region dex didn't have Glaceon or Leafeon, but were introduced after completing the regional. We may see several retroactive evolutions given to pokemon like we did in fourth gen. (Hoping for a few, personally >.>)

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
The reason Pokemon got so popular so quickly is because anyone could figure it out, anyone could play it and the creatures had simple designs. Look at those things, they're terrifying!

The perfect Pokemon game that I only dreamed of, Pokemon Soulsilver, has already been made. Once I get that, I'm done with the Pokemon games. I'll be set for life!

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
But will there be sock?

Sep 17, 2009
This is good news. I thought they got a little lazy with Diamond since there weren't that many new pokemon. It'll be cool to start fresh with all new pokemon.

Although does anyone else feel like the monster designs are different somehow?