Pokemon

Rampage911

Aug 14, 2008
Don't be hater, you know you love it. I do. Give me your ultimate pokemon game.

Mine would be a RPG/action/adventure. First off there would be a huge world with a thousand places to explore each one different than the one before it. And the story would be something epic and emotional. The gameplay would consist of the old battle system as well as a new live action where you control your pokemon, so dodges and misses aren't random. The game would be polished to a shine, no glitches or errors, the graphics would make MGS4 shudder. And the game would be in no way repetitive, boring, or unatractive.

EmperorDude

Apr 30, 2008
Sounds like a truely epic game man. Too bad Nintendo will never do anything different with it. Same damn game released every 2 or so years, same pokemon roster with new names and looks, same hoeky small town start, and Team Rocket just gets a name change.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Rampage911 post=9.71633.731874 said:
what do you mean?
I think she means Pokemon games give the younger fans of the Pokemon series a simple game with easy gameplay, simple puzzles and a clear set of objectives.

Pokemon is designed to be a kids game. Your game will not entertain the children, for them it will be too complex and it wouldn't entertain the older fans of Pokemon because it wouldn't be a Pokemon game, it will be some other roleplaying game with monsters.

I think thats right... maybe.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
I was hoping that this was a thread about pokemon in general.
So I would just like to say that I still get the original theme song stuck in my head.
And it is awesome.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
dude, thats my game!!! damn it that was my idea. only i thought you could take that world and turn it into an mmo with trainer and scientist and breeder etc classes.

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
hey im good with it as long as the fire based starter doesnt bite after the 3 evolution like that one "ninja like" one did in saphire.

kiss my white ass, i like playing it when im bored OUT OF MY MIND, in which case i find it genuinely fun to play

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
josh797 post=9.71633.731904 said:
dude, thats my game!!! damn it that was my idea. only i thought you could take that world and turn it into an mmo with trainer and scientist and breeder etc classes.
im praying it will be finished with very little need of patches, and not a grind sandwhich, a little bit is nice give you something to do while you think, but too much and i say pissoff im bored gimmie a gun and some op4 to shoot to death and use for cover

partyguy

Sep 16, 2008
I think that pokemon games are designed for a younger audience, but couldn't there be a game for people who played when they were kids and now are looking for more of a challenge?

Anyway something I would want is cooperative gameplay. Team up with friends and take on multiple challengers. Maybe even online versus like 4v4. Build strategies and all. 3-d terrain would kick butt really. Obviously all you said in the first post is wanted in any game with graphics and no glitches. I would also like the game to be built so that EVERY pokemon is good in some way. Like in SSBB how all the characters are fairly balanced(MY opinion. Don't start a flame war over this comment!). Also pokemon personalities. Also they can grow to how you train them (ex. same pokemon but different sizes????" idk just some thoughts by a guy who watched the show wayyyy too much.

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
Two words, Team Rocket. Basically it would be GTA set in the pokemon universe, except of course you would have pokemon to use as weapons.

Rather than fighting fair you'll be free to use all sorts of Rocket gadgets to lie, cheat, and steal your way into riches. Each pokemon would have a few moves it can learn that would be used in real time. But it would be set in Kanto, none of those idiotic new pokemon.

The cops would be officer Jenny's and your goal is to steal rare pokemon and expensive things.

Rather than being Wasted you Blast off. Because that would be epic.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
basicaly we all want the chance to be ash from the show. to be able to command on a battlefeild in real time, and to explore the world of pokemon. i want to be able to solve puzzles and reach new places with the help of my pokemon. i also want the chance to study them, or maybe just to have them to play with and befreind, not necesaryily to force to fight. i think it would be fun to explore the world with them

Shivari

Jun 17, 2008
I have always said that if they made a PokeMMOn it would be the first and only MMO I would ever play.

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
...No, I want to be a hater, and I will...sure I used to enjoy pokemon for a very very brief period before i moved on to more interesting and far more complex things...

An "Ultimate" pokemon game to most of us wouldn't be a pokemon game at that point...

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
I'd like a much darker Pokemon game. That'd really make it so much better in my eyes.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Rampage911 post=9.71633.731891 said:
No leet or text talk.
Pokémon is a time waster; it could only be fun if it was darker and more serious and that isn't going to happen. "If it an't broke don't fix it", it makes money so it works for them.
Don't hold your breath for that game, it isn't going to happen.

On a side note I called my Dialga "Akatosh"*, what do you suppose that means?

* Akatosh is from oblivion.

EDIT: I ment calling my critters something from another game. I didn't mean to ask what is Akatosh.