Poll: Anime Dubbed VS Subbed

Master_Corruptor

Jan 14, 2009
The audio needs to stay the way it's meant.
I find all the american dubs to be hair raising terrible.

Allso it seems like the original voice actors seem to have more passion and feel to the voices they deliver.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Usually subbed, but the exceptions at the moment are Cowboy Bebop and FLCL. I've watched a few scenes of the Suzumiya Haruhi dub and they're good, but I prefer subs still. Yu Yu Hakusho has a respectable dub and so does Gundam 08th Ms Team.

thewhiterave

Apr 27, 2010
Subbed, hands down, no question. Dubbed versions lose all emotion and become way too silly...and supercrappy.

ObadiahBlack

Sep 23, 2008
Depending on who's doing the dubbing, I really don't mind it. I just prefer listening to exposition than reading it.
That said, 4Kids dubs, editing, and censoring needs to shut the hell up. What a way to ruin a bunch of otherwise decent series.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
I prefer dubbed. Only on rare occasions is the voice acting actually bad enough that I'll go to subtitles instead. Frankly, I like being able to use my eyes to actually look at the things happening on screen, rather than reading the dialog like its a particularly colorful book.

Agrosmurf

Mar 31, 2009
I'm fairly sure it's commonly accepted that the english voice actors of most Anime's, either sound awkward to the look of the character, are over dramatized, or are just plain annoying.
So I'd have to go with subtitled.
:3

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Depends completely on the series. There are some that have such good dubs that watching it in Japanese is actually worse. While I always watch series like Ghost In The Shell: SAC and Full Metal Panic (plus many others) in English, there are also quite a few (like the Love Hina Anime) that have such horrible dubs that Japanese is a necessity.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
I enjoy Subs most of the time.
(I seemed to forgot to mention that I will watch Dubs though)

I also enjoy not having to see Vs. Threads, for they are not allowed on this site.
Really? Is that a rule, I did not know?
I think this is fine though, but i could see if it was racist or Nationalist how it could be trouble.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
CopperBoom said:
I think this is fine though, but I could see if it was racist or Nationalist how it could be trouble.
You'd be surprised the things people will rage over.

Still, if the Mods leave it alone, I suppose that it's fine.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
I do prefer dubs with most series that I've watched - though if enough of the characters voices really grate on my nerves I usually check out the subs to see if they are better. Seriously, some of the American voice actors are terrible for what they do to the characters.

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
I prefer dubs because it's easier for me to pay attention while watching because I have a really bad attention span and end up multitasking while watching anything. So yeah. But I'll watch a sub if no dub is available or if the dub to a show is just godawful (like the one they got for Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X on Hulu. Oy).

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
I haven't watched in a long time. However I almost always go with subbed when I do. I used to watch dubbed versions, but it just doesn't seem the same after you try subbed.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
actually clicked this without seeing the Anime at the beginning.

Don't watch anime, really- but I always like to go for original language/subtitles whenever possible for a film or show, especially. Games are usually better, but films are meant to be seen in the language they were filmed in- when I was in Japan I saw a dubbed version of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End... it just seemed off

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
Mostly dubbed mostly, but really I don't care. I don't get why people complain about the voice actors, their not that good, and subs take away from the show more than the supposedly "bad" voice actors do. Elitists bug me.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I would prefer subs as I like to see things in their original form. But if it's out in theatres and only is subbed I'll still go watch it depending on what it is. (i.e. Ponyo, Spirited Away etc.)

Johnmw

Mar 19, 2009
Don't want to sound a snob but, I actually cannot watch anime if its dubbed. It seems that t.v stations spend hundreds of thousands buying the rights then employs the managers 6year old daughter to do the voices. I'm sure there are exceptions but I haven't found them.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Most of the time I watch them with subs, like Bleach, Tengen Toppa, Soul Eater, but some of the dubs are decent like Cowboy Bebop.

For the people that say they hate subs just because they have to read or it distracts them from what's going on on screen, I have one thing to say to you, when you read the subs I'm pretty sure it doesn't take two hours to read one line of text, I look down read back up and wow nothing happened.