Poll: Any multi-instrumentalists with us on the escapist? + Best instrument ever! poll

Jiggabyte

Dec 19, 2009
Piano, guitar, variations thereof. I stopped taking lessons for both somewhat recently (for different, equally mundane reasons), though. I was in a recorder club for a while too when I was a kiddywink but I can't remember much about it.
I'll probably take up guitar again when I can afford an electric, like a sell-out.
Also I've recently wanted to take up either drums or violin but I can't really be bothered.

Best instrument ever is quite obviously the theremin.

Horticulture

Feb 27, 2009
I can play bass (electric), guitar, and trumpet.

I'd really love to learn how to play the Chapman Stick

Trafs

Oct 14, 2009
I can play 8 different instruments, but only two of them to any decent standard.

So, I'm a Viola player, first and foremost. I also play Violin when required, as it's a very similar instrument and to be proficient on one is to be proficient on the other, really. I did my grade eight 4 years ago, and an ATCL Recital diploma 3 years ago. Currently, I'm studying at the Royal Northern College of Music in the UK, and after my 5 years there I intend to become a professional chamber musician in a quartet/quintet, or an orchestral player in an international orchestra :D

And the Bach Double is boring, tbh. Beautiful, but boring. I mean, have you seen the Viola part? D:

Connosaurus Rex

Jul 20, 2009
I play violin, intermidiate piano and I might be learning viola or cello soon since I'm in my HS orchestra and after the concert we get to come after and learn a new instrument. I am a First Violin in my orchestra so Yeah I'm pretty good but damn the cellos sound so damn beautiful.

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
I play drums and can kinda do mallets (xylophone, marimba, vibes). Also, i can freestyle (play with out music) on the guitar and violin.

Dauntlessidiot

Crazed Obsessive Musician
Oct 26, 2008
bfwissil said:
Guitar, bass guitar, violin, alto saxophone... kazoo?

The violin is the best musical instrument ever, and Bach's double violin concerto in D minor (BWV 1043) is the best piece of music ever.
this is one of the reasons I started the violin

Dauntlessidiot

Oct 26, 2008
Horticulture said:
I can play bass (electric), guitar, and trumpet.

I'd really love to learn how to play the Chapman Stick
that is the second wierdest instrument I have ever seen in my enture life

Dauntlessidiot

Oct 26, 2008
Trafs said:
I can play 8 different instruments, but only two of them to any decent standard.

So, I'm a Viola player, first and foremost. I also play Violin when required, as it's a very similar instrument and to be proficient on one is to be proficient on the other, really. I did my grade eight 4 years ago, and an ATCL Recital diploma 3 years ago. Currently, I'm studying at the Royal Northern College of Music in the UK, and after my 5 years there I intend to become a professional chamber musician in a quartet/quintet, or an orchestral player in an international orchestra :D

And the Bach Double is boring, tbh. Beautiful, but boring. I mean, have you seen the Viola part? D:
Ive seen the cello part to all three movements, and the third one is brutal.
Ive not seen the viola part, but the reason I started viola was that its sturng the same as a cello.

Zedzero

Feb 19, 2009
I played trumpet for a few years it was pretty fun, Lord of The Rings and Pirates of the Carribeen have great Trumpet scores. I tried to learn acoustic guitar but it didn't stick, but I wanna go back and try again, and I wanna try out piano.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
I play piano, alto sax, and baritone sax with a professional skill level.
I also sometimes play "toy box" (Auxiliary) percussion. I'm pro with a shaker (All four different kinds), and clave. I also play organ, marimba, vibes, chimes, and xylo.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Trumpet (and any related brass instrument; fingering doesn't take that long to perfect when it's three buttons, give or take) & percussion.